ostan fighting game?

Started by thelws2, November 07, 2006, 06:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

give it to linux-tan and he will upload it.

MUST HAVE IT!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

thelws2

yeaa!!! must have ittt... someone upload plz -_-. the seeder stopped seeding... now im stuck at 50%...

FFViper

How to transfer a 150 MB file, I better tell him then.  (Goes to message him)

Fedora-Tan

I'll just past the PM i sent to FFViper...

Hello,

You're very welcome to upload this game if it's not against any copyrights.
Size doesn't matter (  ;010 )

However, i don't have other than a 56k modem at the moment therefore you'll have either to upload it yourself (i can give you a FTP access) either tell me a place where i can download it (in that case i'll download it directly from server, where speed is far better).

Please tell me which option you prefer ?
(if you prefer FTP but don't know how it works i'll tell you)

Regards,
Linux-Tan - Admin

brougeXP22

well since everyone says it's legit i must download it myself. *runs off to bittorrent* ;010

Fedora-Tan

I didn't check yet for the copyright, and TBH i don't have time to do so now.
I would appreciate if someone could objectively bring infos about this.

However, in the meantime, the file is available at http://blackdiam.net/FFViper/nijikaku_17.zip

FFViper tells archive is corrupted yet game works. Please confirm that (or not) and i'll put it on the downloads section there. (Thanks to FFViper for the file ;) )

I cannot test myself a 165Mb file with my 56k modem :D

Enjoy  ;010

Linux-Tan added the following  2 minutes after last message :

Please note : I leave the file as a direct download. If it happens that there's any abuse wth it (direct linking from other sites, multiple downloads, etc...) i'll just remove it without warn. Rules are clear... ;)

Linux-Tan added the following  9 minutes after last message :

I made a remote test ( http://blackdiam.net/FFViper/test.txt ) and it doesn't seem the archive has any errors...  ;026

FFViper

Might have just been my ZIP program.  It only errors during de-compressing, and I use a more odd-ball ZIP program so that might the reason it went weird with me but I thought I would put the warning out just in case.

C-Chan

Yep, can concur that nothing weird happened on my XPME machine, other than that freeze you were talking about.  (occurred after ~25 minutes of gameplay).

Has a lot of weird Futaba characters, but otherwise this is truly a remarkable game, and makes me wonder how many people collaborated to build it.  @v@

Viper's gonna like this, but of all the -tans played, 98-chan is my favorite.  ^__^
Not only does she behave like a slick fighter (2k and 95 aren't really all that, even with their swords), but she's the only one I've managed to pull special attacks with.  (by accident, mind you -- as with any fighting game for me, I don't know what the heck I'm doing or pressing.... -v-')

On a related note, in case you don't regularly visit Waka, here's some more [peculiar] OS-tan gaming for you:

http://widematrix.s15.xrea.com/etc/98seblock/98se_block.html
http://widematrix.s15.xrea.com/etc/2kblock/2kblock.html
http://widematrix.s15.xrea.com/etc/xpblock/xpblock.html

No 98-chan yet, but at least there's her sister.  -v-'

CaptBrenden

onlu 1 percent away wooo! go 98 chan!  

is 3.1sama even in it?  if not, at least its got 98chan, my second favorite.  I should also mention i have been downloading it for 9 hours now o_o i hate dial up

Fedora-Tan

QuoteQuote from : CaptBrenden

... I should also mention i have been downloading it for 9 hours now o_o i hate dial up

so true... dial up should be banned forever and replaced by something faster as a standard :p

I think game works then, i'll put it to downloads section tonight. (i'll leave original link for a few days so dial up ppl will be able to end download without problem ;) )

CaptBrenden

Got it compleatly downloaded last night and played it quite a bit....

*geekgasum*

XD this thing is so cool!  I didnt relize how many non ostan related characters were in it, but still I know most of them.  Like Waha is in there :D  

For OS related characters:
MEchan
XP tan
2k Tan
98 chan
95sama
95 kun
Saba (2003 server)

they also have a few stages for the tans, two of which just seem to be virtual worls that have the 2k and xp logs respectivly in the background, but one of the stages is the blue screen of death!  The whole time your fighting on it MEchan is bouncing around being a pain, sometimes bouncing along in the background, bouncing along in the fight area or even the top of her head bouncing along as she bounces right in front of the camera o.o

So far i have found no real glitches.  It did freese up once when I selected a unknown character with no avatar.  

Its got multiple modes, including
arcade
vs
team vs
co op
team co op
practice
and a spectator mode so you can just watch the characters kick far more ass then would most likely o.O i cant figure out how to do half the moves they do.

I can only begin to imagin the amount of work that went into producing this game.  The stage and character selcet screens look home made, with very poor avatars for most of the characters but once you get in the actuall game.. my god o.o its not SFvs capcom, but their pixel art is pretty damn good.  I am very pleasently suprized. tho the quality does change a little per character (as im sure on one pixel artist did the whole thing)  Like saba for instance I was disapointed to see her in full fish form, and most of her anmation are in her facial expresion (oh to have seen the full girl form with a fish tail *sniff*)

So far the characters Ive enjoyed the most are 98 chan, Waha, 95 sama and 95 kun.  95 kun is actually pretty bad ass (I teamed him up with 95 against xp and 2k... they didnt have a chance.. duel samurais... it wasnt pretty)

anyhow.. this will be an exeptional addition to our downloads sections.  now we just need someoen to figure out a way to get those block games downloaded so we can put there there...

MisterCat

I've downloaded that file via the link provided by Linux-Tan (Thank you, Linux-Tan!) but now I'm on the horns of a dilemma.  The dilemma I'm, erm, facing has to do with installation of the program.

;018

When I de-compressed the file, I ended up with a whole bunch of smaller files.  So, like, how do I install this program?  (Useful [i.e., easy to follow and effective in result] advice will be greatly appreciated.)

;019

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

um... you dont, you just play it. dosent need to be installed

MisterCat

Erm, thanks.  I think I'll go read an improving book now.

;hi

=^..^=

Fedora-Tan

Can someone tell me the name and a (short) description about this game ? It's to put as infolines on download section  ;hi