OS-tan desktop pet

Started by Vermillion Fondant, December 03, 2023, 09:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermillion Fondant

I ripped this off of a CD
https://archive.org/details/os-tan-desktoppet.-7z
Has anyone seen this before? The cover has english text on it, but the files are from 2004, so I'm thinking it came from a convention redistribution or something.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Vermillion Fondant on December 03, 2023, 09:42:04 PMI ripped this off of a CD
https://archive.org/details/os-tan-desktoppet.-7z
Has anyone seen this before? The cover has english text on it, but the files are from 2004, so I'm thinking it came from a convention redistribution or something.

Cool that is nice we also have the Nanami Madobe Desktop Pet I wish we could make more maybe we can and have it work for Windows, Mac, and Linux. We could create one for Windows OS-Tans that don't have one yet, Mac OS-Tans that don't have one yet, Ubuntu-Tan various versions and Linux Mint-Tan, we can use Blender to create the 3D Models.

Goujer (she/her)

Lol
This is actually the first thing I ever posted about on the forum.
Check it out here.
I think I even made an English patch for it on that topic.

It appears you can still buy it too.

Archive.org is interesting in how it has so many things that are questionable legally. But I'm going with the old, you guys can buy it if you really want to support the dude who made it.

@Vermillion Fondant if it is alright with you I think I can merge this topic and the other one to reduce the number of topics about the same thing.

Vermillion Fondant

Interesting. Guess it's not as obscure as I thought. To be honest, I find the 3D models slightly uncanny. The creator definitely improved since then.

I see you've graduated to administrator. I wouldn't be bothered if you merged the thread. In my opinion though, a lack of new threads creates a bit of a ghost town feel.

Nanami Madobe Fan

It would still be cool if someone loaded up Blender and Rendered some 3D Models of some OS-Tans.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Vermillion Fondant on December 04, 2023, 11:49:25 AMInteresting. Guess it's not as obscure as I thought. To be honest, I find the 3D models slightly uncanny. The creator definitely improved since then.

I see you've graduated to administrator. I wouldn't be bothered if you merged the thread. In my opinion though, a lack of new threads creates a bit of a ghost town feel.

It def might be obscure to most, I have a chronic addiction to these computer gijinkas and I have a crap-load files and physical merch that I've gathered over the years.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on December 04, 2023, 12:14:40 PMIt would still be cool if someone loaded up Blender and Rendered some 3D Models of some OS-Tans.

There's quite a few 3D models around. I think personally I have a Touko Madobe one somewhere that's official for VRChat. I've def seen Nanami, Saseko and whatever that creepy loli 11-tan floating around in renders, but those could be available somewhere.

Nanami Madobe Fan

But wait I didn't find any for AI and Yuu Madobe  :'(

Yeah what about  :o Opera GX she install Malware on the user's PC I despise Opera GX-Tan her allies also goes by Opera GX Aura. Do V-Tubers of Corporations software count as OS-Tan I think the Opera Account might have made a twitter post that I once saw on a Alternative Front-end to twitter cause I can't stand Twitter nor its horrible UI that stinks but anyways one day cause and I stumbled upon an image where the offical Opera twitter account replied to an OS-Tan post it had GX in it but I should have saved it someone also told me that there was a Desktop pet of Opera GX-Tan I searched all of Startpage and Brave Search but to no avril I cannot find any results.

But I still hate that browser.

Anyone knows where I could find an Desktop Pet or 3D Render of Ubuntu-Tan?

OperaGX.png

https://nitter.net/pic/orig/media%2FGAP-qRPXAAABMgZ.jpg
https://rentry.co/operagx

Goujer (she/her)

I consider GX-Aura a browser-tan personally. Even before being a VTuber she was treated as a mascot by Opera GX.

There is an installable pet style game for her on the home screen of Opera-GX itself as well as various other mods that add her likeness to things in the browser. I use Opera-GX as a backup to Firefox, so I've made a point to get and mods or extensions that feature her.

As for an Ubuntu-tan 3D model or desktop buddy, I haven't heard of any but there could be a Shimeji of a Linux design.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Cool could I use her in any other browser like Brave or Vivadi or does it have to be the shady Opera GX that Hero Hei told me about I don't wanna install that browser on my PC. I mainly use Firefox or if not my 2ndary browser is Brave.

Hey I wonder if there is a browser-tan for Brave?

Goujer (she/her)

I think you can only install it on Opera GX, the official page for it is here.

You can run it in any standard web browser I think with this link, but I don not know if any progress is saved.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on December 05, 2023, 03:44:06 PMI think you can only install it on Opera GX, the official page for it is here.

You can run it in any standard web browser I think with this link, but I don not know if any progress is saved.

Yeah I think I'll install it in a Virtual Machine and use Sharkwire to scan the connections and requests its making.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on December 05, 2023, 03:44:06 PMI think you can only install it on Opera GX, the official page for it is here.

Opera GX is literary Spyware that sends data back to the CCP in China since there parent company is a Chinese data mineing company with backdoors in their software so I had to blow up and nuke my Windows 10 Virtual Machine I just don't want that software anywhere on my device anymore @Goujer You should try it out yourself on Virtualbox or VMWare I'm never touching that piece of malware ever gain Opera Aura is just to distract you from them installing malware on your PC. Bobpony on Twitter I mean X was calling them out and he got censored for it he wasn't breaking any rules they have something they wanna hide.

Goujer (she/her)

I think this is getting a bit off topic from desktop buddies.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on December 06, 2023, 09:00:52 AMI think this is getting a bit off topic from desktop buddies.

Yeah sorry :( also is there a AI and Yuu Madobe Buddy.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on December 06, 2023, 11:21:27 AMYeah sorry :( also is there a AI and Yuu Madobe Buddy.

Not that I know of.