/OSC/ Skypetable RPG - Changeling: The Dreaming (2nd Edition)

Started by Chocofreak13, January 29, 2012, 09:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

OKAY FOLKS, LISTEN UP
I am home this week, and this week only. I will be back in just about a month (July 24th or so) and I leave on the 1st of July.

If any game is to be had before we take July Break, it's this week.

Just so y'all know,
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

thanks for the heads up. i was thinking of one-shotting it till you come back, so if we can get stuff done that'd be nice.

who's up for an extended game session? get a bunch out of the way at once?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

If you're wanting to do it this Saturday, I should be around in the afternoon if nothing comes up

Also, by "one-shotting it", do you mean like a sidequest for us to do while Nej is away?

Chocofreak13

basically. :\ it'd consist of a one-shot story tailored for you guys. considering the environment given, i'd likely write a new one and build it around ashberg. figured it wasn't exactly nice to advance the plot without all the main players. :\

as for the extended session, it'd be on saturday. but in this instance, i'd like to get everyone's commitment several days beforehand. that means that if you can't guarentee you can make it at least 4-5 days in advance, then we won't be doing it. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

What time do we plan on starting? I should be available as soon as 12PM EST, unless mom doesn't drag me back to the resort on Friday, in which case I'll be available all day

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Well i'm finished packing so eh.

Just don't make it too late, I have a train to catch tomorrow ^^

Chocofreak13

it's out of my hands now. we have 4/5 attendees in attendance, i'll give bells another hour to show. in the meantime, every other participant is ready to go. :\
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

(小 光): Our players left off on a subway train at 3:30am, hurtling at astonishing speed down the tracks to the opposite end of the line, Chilter Hill.
(小 光): Astrid sits in her seat calmly, Gary cowering on the floor below.
(小 光): The high velocity has the poor goat nervous, too nervous to come from under the bench. Astrid pays him no mind.
Medea sits silently.
While waiting to arrive at their next stop, Gardenia decides to check over her equipment
Gary, never one for fast-moving rides, lays on the ground, quietly trying to not throw up.
A beeping sound is heard. He pulls out his pager.
"Godddammit, of all the damn times!"
He continues laying where he is, grumbling to himself.
Meanwhile, Cilvarge is busy swatting flies. With his swords.
Whilst screaming loudly.
(小 光): The train speeds along, taking sharp turns along the way. The players (except the screaming fairy) are shifted violently to the left and right.
(小 光): The names of the stops are an illegible blur as they go by.
(小 光): Focusing hard, however, reveals that the train begins to very gradually lose speed by the time they reach Rockmore. Avenbay stop is almost readable.
(小 光): As the train rumbles on, there is a violent screeching sound as the tunnel fills with sparks. All players (except sparkles) are lurched forward as the train pulls into Chilter Hill.
(小 光): Astrid, recovering from the rude stop, begins to rise, but is tripped back into her seat by Gary. He dashes like a madman into the night, yelling behind him as he goes, "BUS CRASH!! FINANCIAL DISTRICT!! ER SWAMPED!! SEE YOU!!"
Momentarily confused by this little outburst, Astrid rises again and begins to walk into the cool night air of the above-ground stop.
"Lady Astrid, if you don't mind asnwering, how does one become a member of Ms. Ed's freehold,?" Medea asks.
(小 光): Astrid looks surprised for a second. "Well, Ed usually inducts the members herself. Though she has many, many associates. I imagine that doing continued work for her would garner you favour."
(小 光): Astrid continues out of the small enclosure, out into the cool night.
Looking at the broken remains of her jumprope, Gardy began to try and figure out the best way to repair it
Cilvarge grabs Gardy's shoulder pretty roughly. "Don't even bother. Better to arm yourself properly, anyway."
He steps around the subway exit, to the east school entrance.
"Well, folks. Come along."
Astrid follows with a slightly annoyed huff.

(小 光): The air is cool and the neighborhood is silent.
(小 光): Crickets can be heard chirping, the odd stray cat or dog barking, and a full moon looming over an ominous-looking steeple. Its rigid catholic cross stares out over the land, a single eye of judgement. Banality hangs in the air around it.
(小 光): A larger building in similar gothic archetecture can be seen nearby, though its presence is much less forboding. Over the surrounding suburban neighborhoods, a slight summer mist has formed, giving the impression and smell of fresh rain.
(小 光): Astrid marches off down the sidewalk, stoic troll nature ignoring the stench of idea-killing banal smog being oozed by that black church.
"This place is beautiful," Medea comments softly. "What are they buildings like on the inside?"
"This place has an eerie beauty to it" Gardy said quietly. "I kind of like it; it feels like the sort of place that only exists in books"
"Well, you're not entirely wrong, but on the other hand, it's actually the opposite."
"There only exists books here..."
Cilvarge stops by a door on the left-hand side.
He burrows through his pockets for a bit, before producing a long, heavy chain littered with keys.
Struggling a bit with the old lock, he gets it unlocked and opens the door. It creaks heavily as it swings wide, revealing the darkness within.
"Come on. The main power grid is shut down in the public parts of the building, we have to get to the parts I actually own until we can get some lights. Don't trip."
Cilvarge walks through the door, and vanishes into the darkness. "Come on," he echoes from within.

(小 光): Astrid continues down the silent street, the scent of old money in the air. As she approaches the glamour tint becomes significantly darker.
A few steps in and after going through a door, the light switches flip as Cilvarge pass through. Bright, xenon lights power up all across the building.
(小 光): Astrid finds her way down the hallway,  avoiding the spots of strange dark goo on the walls, and stepping over the half-finished experiments and broken beakers.
(小 光): As she enters the main room, there is a large ornamental fountain right in the middle. The black water it spurts oozes a shady mist.
(小 光): Looking around, she can see the room itself is quite fancy; classy decoration and lavish furniture adorn the floor, ceiling, and walls. There is a hallway leading off from the back corner, where doors to other rooms can be seen.
(小 光): Astrid resists the urge to explore, knowing that it might get her in more trouble than it's worth.
"Funny thing," Cilvarge says, approaching her from behind.
"People always go here first, and always think this is all there is. I could count on one hand the people who ever thought deeper..."
Cilvarge once again retrieves the key chain from his pockets, and takes hold of the by far largest key it holds.
He then stabs the wall with it. It sinks in smoothly, and he turns it.
The wall oozes a green liquid, that reaches out and grabs Cilvarge's hand.
The ooze retreating as fast as it came, the key bends with a violent TWANG, forming a handle. Thin lines are cut in the wall, and suddenly there is another door in the room.
Cilvarge turns the handle, and the door slides upward, seething into the ceiling. The key comes loose, slipping back into Cilvarge's hand and returning its shape.
"Come, everyone. Once we're past this gate, we can enter."

(小 光): Astrid feels a shiver up her spine as she walks through, eyes shifting about with distrust.
Medea isn't too sure about the place since she's use to darker places.
Feeling uneasy, Gardenia enters the room slowly
The wall falls back down behind the party with a deep THUMP.
All light from the xenon lamps are gone, and the party is blinded for a moment. Once their eyes recover, they see tiny glowing spots surrounding them - a myriad of torchbugs nestled into the foilage wall.
Cilvarge starts walking, and the corridor quickly becomes a narrow alley between brushes. At a few places the path is blocked by thick trees or bushes, but they quickly move away once Cilvarge approaches.
Finally, the garden opens, and the simple one-story building of the Mer'Naït freehold lies ahead.
"Welcome to my lair, ladies..." Cilvarge laughs silently as he opens the door and walks in.
(小 光): Astrid does even better to avoid the numerous failed and forgotten experiments on the floor, double the amount of before. Seeing a basic replica of the previous room (only fancier), she gestures to the hallway in the back. "S'at where we're sleeping?"
"If you want a surefire way of becoming a drooling lunatic, then by all means. I would suggest the bedrooms, however," Cilvarge says and gestures to one of the doors.

(小 光): Astrid grumbles and heads towards the first door on the hallway. "Only an idiot would think i was being specific...."
(小 光): She finds the first door is locked, and tries the second, to a small guest room.
"I am a scientist. I always assume the specifics."
"Goodnight." she says, slamming the door as quietly as possible.
Medea hangs back, waiting for Gardenia to pick her room before finding her own. The bright lights are something she's fond of and she wishes for a dark place.
"Wait! Now that the sourpuff is gone, does anyone want a drink?" Cilvarge motions to the fountain, and an assortment of goblets on its perch.
(小 光): A violent slam is heard.
(小 光): A seething blonde knocker in light blue pajamas stomps out, holding her pillow.
(小 光): "Milord. Go to Bed. NOW."
(小 光): She speaks tiredly, with a thick british accent.
"Alice. Three-two-five with a sprinkle of magnesium."
"Also, you have breadcrumbs. On your cheek."
"Have you been eating in bed again?"
(小 光): She wipes her cheeck. "Dinner, milord. I've been busy studying for hours. Now please, I'd like at least 5 hours before dawn...."
(小 光): She shuffles back to her room, giving the group an apathetic glare before shutting the door.

"Excuse the household, ladies..." Cilvarge continues in a quieter tone.
"In any case, if you feel spent on glamour, grab a drink from the fountain. It will refill any reserves you might need. Guest rooms are down the hallway, and sleep quietly. Hatter doesn't wake as easy, but he wakes madder. A LOT madder."
Cilvarge swiftly grabs a goblet, fills it up and chugs it down.
"Goodnight, ladies." Cilvarge moves off to the master bedroom.
Medea slow moves about the room. "What are the chances there is a dark closet or something in this place?" She asks looking over at Gardenia.
"Not sure" she answered, slightly nervous. "We should probably stick together. Maybe there's a bunk bed for us in one of the rooms"

(小 光): The door slams back open.
(小 光): Alice grabs Medea by the wrist and drags her down the hall, to the second door on the left.
(小 光): She yanks it open and slightly shoves Medea inside.
(小 光): She shuffles back to her room.
Medea is stardled by Alice dragging her. She steps back into the hall so Gardenia can see where she is but still looks around where Alice brought her.
Feeling a bit unsettled from the sudden reappearance of that mysterious Nocker, Gardenia rushes over to rejoin Medea. "We should probably stick together. I can sleep on the floor, if there's no extra bed" she said
(小 光): The dimly-lit bedroom is simple in nature, with faint shaded blue walls. the highly places shelves contain gothic-style electric candles, some campy 70's originals, some crafted by knocker hands. Two twin beds lie on either side of the room, heads facing a window with translucent smoke-coloured curtains tightly drawn, feet facing the door.
(小 光): the carpet, a faded olive green, has a small square area rug in the middle, persian patterns almost dancing in the faint light. A desk with paper and writing utensils flanks the left side of the door, a closet on the right. Small bookshelves sit at the foot of the bed, partially filled, with a shared bedside table in the middle of the two beds being the last piece of furniture.
Medea walks in and over to a shelf with a lamp on it. "This is much better," She says, running a finger along the base of one of the lamps. "Room for both of us and we can keep an eye on each other."
"Sounds good" Gardenia said. "Well, I guess I'll go to bed now"
Medea settles down on the other bed. "Good night Ms. Gardenia."
"Goodnight" Gardenia said; getting into bed and relaxing
(小 光): The lights fade out, leaving the moonlight to filter in.
(小 光): -scene-
(小 光): -end game-
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

who is going to be there tonight? medea and gardenia have already committed, but what about thea and gary? :\
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

NejinOniwa

But derp, we can play now again that people are back, no?

Don't you get Nofunalloweditis on me now.