Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

FASTRAND is an enigma... yes.

Because MCP is so bare bones; she can be modified quickly.

Bella

Quote from: "stewartsage"FASTRAND is an enigma... yes.

Because MCP is so bare bones; she can be modified quickly.

Yeah, what's the deal with that Stew?

*gets out information-gathering poking-stick*

*pokes*

I wouldn't mind knowing more about his boss-lady too (was I right, U1050-tan?) now that I have this out. Was she the one who snapped and ended up being killed?

*continues poking*

MCP is bare bones? I thought it was just really advanced for its time. D:

Chocofreak13

either way, just the fact that MCP is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Xar3roRlY is just amazing. :3

well, i didn't know that about FASTRAND. that's interesting. :3 i just meant that his hair and facial appearance is plain, especially compared to the other vin-tans with their fancy costumes and whatnot. :3 he seems nice though. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

For the third time; no, that's a different UNIVAC entirely.

She's still not terribly complex; just useful.

Chocofreak13

obviously, or she wouldn't still be here. xD
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Got started on the article about the setting of the OS-tanverse, which starts off simple enough... but when getting to the fanon section, I'll need help with the sub-sections about the different approaches:

1. cyberspace
2. fantasy counterpart culture
3. Real world-based alternate universe (which can either have cyberpunk elements or not)
    -the most fanon theory in some form
    -varies in complexity
   -technobabble explanations for how the characters can congregate, with the open vs. closed space theory
4. Other (i.e: OS-tans on a user's computer, a mini-universe of its own)

Plus the conclusion that although some of these fanon ideas are more popular than others, none are really set in stone, and a more/less complex setting can be used depending on the story and how important the setting's details are.

Aurora Borealis

Started getting rid of some red links, and planted in some stub articles, starting with the most ancient of the OSes!

GMOS
BESYS
IBSYS
UMES

Actually, I refined them more than I originally intended at first, but these could still use some expanding on. I'd especially like to know about:

1. What years these characters died, if they can be found.
2. Did UMES' replacement with MTS quickly lead to her death, and if so, did she at least get to in her last days meet MTS? If so, I'd imagine it'd be very bittersweet, as UMES had a legacy (her influence living on through MTS) but came at the expense of her life.
3. Did BESYS live to see Multics?

Chocofreak13

if you need any help with the ostaniverse, i'll be happy to provide input. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

The wiki's giving me 404 errors. :< :< :<

Aurora Borealis

Dammit! What happened to the wiki?! It was working just a while ago!

Pitkin

Don't panic! Fedora-Tan's working on wiki currently, so it's possible you experience trouble. Things that are not linked to from the forum yet are more or less "under renovation".

Aurora Borealis

Oh, okay. Thanks for the update.

Pitkin

Wiki should work now again, and there's link to it on the front page. :) On related note, Aurora, would you like to give me a description to put under the wiki link? Since you're definitely working more on it than I am, I think it would be only fair that you could decide how it's described on the front page of the site. ._.

Chocofreak13

:3 how nice that everything's getting an upgrade. <3
click to make it bigger

Bella

My to-do list:
- Work on the "species" section of the Theories article
- Add an "OSC Literature" article (since we already have a Comic one)
- ???
- Don't profit