Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@genpop: thanks! i'm still getting used to it, since i feel it makes my head look kinda big from the front. it's a wee bit itchy, too, but that's mostly due to my actual hair being stuck so close to my head.

@pent: thirding on the space bra, much jelly there. also enjoying the phone case, and in the event either one fails, i'm pretty sure you can make otterbox-style cases with custom pics at skinit. not cheap, but a lockdown-type case with an anime photo? sign me the fuck up.

cheongsam looks nice. ^^

that's a real steel penny!? :000

i DO enjoy the disgaea collection. ^^

the PET is really cool. also, your pet is adorable. ^^

i've always loved the name joel. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yes, that is a real steel penny :3

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

1943. Technically the only year they made it, but there are a handful from 1944 (They forgot to switch back to copper; making a '44 steel penny worth more than a '43 steel penny)

Chocofreak13

i figured it was only one year, but i wasn't aware of the history. super-cool. :3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

pent was badgering me for pics of my haul from the flea market yesterday, so here we go~

Pent's Stuff

Evangelion Reboot DVDs 1.01 and 2.22 - You Are [Not] Alone and You Can [Not] Advance
Vintage Vinyl Magic Knight Rayearth Bag (Cylinder; flattened slightly to show design) (Pent, take good care of this. if it weren't for your love of the show, i'd keep this myself. it's quite old.)

Other Stuff

Chinese Takeout Vinyl Purse (small size; sis has one in a larger size)
Cowboy Bebop Miniature Wall Scroll
Gigantic Kimono Fabric Bow Hairclip w/ Pearl Detail (needs another clip added for stability purposes)
Shion Kaito (Vocaloid) Plushie (has poseable limbs)
Akiba Anime Art Magazine Poly-Folder (Side 1; Side 2; i wanted one of the actual copies of the magazine, but the guy was charging $25 per, which, while fair, was too rich for my blood)
Johnny Cupcakes Plastic Bag (contained 2 Alice in Wonderland Charms which are pictured below)
Akiba Anime Art Promotional Mini-Mag and Sticker (included with the folder)
Holographic Digimon Yo-yo (views 1, 2, 3, and 4 (opposing side; tried to get both Kari and the Digimon logo in there since i couldn't get a clear enough picture of Kari to get both)
Digimon Adventure 01 Art Book
Digimon Adventure 02 Art Book
PreTear vol. 1-4 (Complete)
Sakura Taisen vol. 1, Lady Kanoko vol. 1, The Palette of 12 Secret Colours vol. 1-2
Stand By Youth vol. 2-3 (turns out i already had 2, so it's more accidental trade fodder -w-; ), Get Backers vol. 1-2
Zaion - i wish you were here - DVD vol. 1 w/ Box
Akira (Remastered Geneon/Pioneer DVD)
Kyle Broflovski (South Park) Cell Phone Charm
Unknown Girl Cell Phone Charm
Unknown Girl Cell Phone Charm
Shinomori Aoshi (Ruroni Kenshin) Cell Phone Charm
Nerdy Domo Cell Phone Charm
Mustache Domo Cell Phone Charm
Alice (Alice in Wonderland) Cell Phone Charm
Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland) Cell Phone Charm
I'm up to 21 Cell Phone Charms
(Hard to See) Monster Bear and Lumpy Space Princess Keychains (gotten for Arty)
Magic Knight Rayearth Art Book 2 (gotten for Claire)
Tenchi Muyo Keychains (gotten for Alex)
Not Pictured: Video Game Poster (can't remember the title; gotten for Alex)
Magic: The Gathering Deck (i think it was a fire-type deck; gotten for Jackie)[/url]
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

kari i'm gonna say it again

you neeeevvverrrr posted the pictures from AB2013

ill never move on )':
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

@Kari: I like; thanks *w*
Also, I remember watching the PreTear anime with my sister ages ago. I don't remember much about it -w-;

Chocofreak13

@cocks: i'll try to find them later, i think they're on facebook. bear in mind that i've gone through 2-3 hard drives since then, though, so they're a bit hard to find.

however, i've also decided to undertake the daunting task of photographing every anime item i've ever owned, sooo....(ohgodwhathaveidone)

@pent: glad you like it. ^^
and PreTear is apparently a retelling of the Snow White fairytale.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Bella

I still want to know the significance of that name ...

stewartsage

I chose it at random because the 'Name your Computer' thing wouldn't go away.

Nichi

Not fond of the name, entirely for reminding me of an aunt I don't like, but nice laptop regardless -w-

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on September 15, 2014, 09:56:57 PM
Not fond of the name, entirely for reminding me of an aunt I don't like, but nice laptop regardless -w-

The name Leslie calls to mind an uncomfortably vivid mental image of a frumpy-looking middle-age person, gender-ambiguous in a manner less like David Bowie and more like Pat. "Les" is moderately better but still makes me think of a balding, thickly-mustachioed aging portrait artist with a barely-legal foreign mail-order "bride"/indentured servant (he was exactly as scummy as you'd expect him to be from that description, btw).

Bear in mind I have mixed feelings even about my own name (I adore the origin story at any rate) and have picked some regretful-in-hindsight names for my computers (how many people even remember my laptop's name is Xue? Nobody, probably, because it's hard as fuck to actually pronounce), so throwing stones, glass houses and all that.