HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ME-CHAN!

Started by Red-Machine, September 13, 2009, 01:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

The OS that inspired the tan that started it all celebrates its 10th birthday, technically.  The first beta of Windows Millennium Edition was released in September of 1999, 10 years ago now.  While its official birthday is not until next year, I thought that the betas should be counted as well.

(In all honesty, I got the release years mixed up!  I thought ME was released 14/09/99, but she was actually released in 2000.  But I already had the picture made up, so I figured I'd share it anyway.)
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Aurora Borealis

Thanks for sharing that! I think celebrating the release of the beta still counts.

Raffaele the Amigan

Dunno if it counts...

At least people should had used the real Windows Millennium (and not the beta) to discover it was buggy and unsble and only after having realizing it, then they imagined this OS as an unstable, shrew and paranoid girl...

If you like to celebrate today as its birthday, I have nothing versus it...

But if you want to be pleased about this day as birthday of Windows ME...

...Just think the fact that this day is in the Horoscope House sign of Virgo (the virgin maid)...
And sure this fact explains lots of things about Windows ME, its known unstability and bugs, and perhaps also it explains the chance it was choosen a beautiful pretty girl to represent it...   ;012

LOL!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

BANZAI!
BANZAI!
BAAN---ZAI!

*does cheer motion along w/ cheer*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ME!! ^^

and to help celebrate, (and cause i was doing it anyway ^^; ) i am locating a copy of windows ME and installing it on my laptop. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Make sure you have driver support.  I tried it once on a laptop that didn't, it was awful...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

idk ^^; but we'll just have to see! ^^
click to make it bigger