OS-tan RPG style game

Started by Toki, February 24, 2009, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Excellent! i think Von daab has a rival for best pixil artist on the forum now :P  Look forward to seeing more.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

kaineru

I think I should start posting ideas here so this thread moves, at any rate... ehh... nevermind...

Toki

I wish there was a master list of all the OS-tans T_T
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Well, most any notable OS is going to have a -tan, but the best list of -tans here would be the OS-tan wiki (if it's working again).  If you'd like to see some more obscure -tans, go back a few pages in the member intro thread and you'll notice that Aurora-sama has listed a few (mainly Linux-tans).

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

wiki has all the main Windows tans but I need other OS so that I can consider enemies and stuff.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

NejinOniwa

Well, most factions are present, right? So it could just depend on who you're playing as. Windows-tans consider Apple-tans as enemies, et cetera.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Will there be app-tans (applications) as well?  There's just a few of those, however...

Toki

I think so o.o As summons ^_^

Added after 18 seconds:

Oh, also I don't really know anything about macs
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Aurora Borealis

Or to be fair to everyone, have an assortment of OS-tans as playable characters with malware as the enemies though some conflicts among the OS-tans could make for some important plot points.

You don't know about the Mac-tans?! I don't want to totally derail this thread but I could tell you all about them if you're willing to attend my lectures!

NejinOniwa

GET TO WIKI READING, YOU!
(assuming it's sufficient for the subject)

Knowing all the important factions is a must if you want diversity, you know! -w-

And that's good too, I guess - using armies of viruses and stuff. We'll have to get that machine going again though, cuz I don't think we have enough malware- and virus-tans as it is for this!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

kaineru

I mostly think Viruses should be enemies.... OS-es can get along, but their masters couldn't...

RandiNinja

Create an RPG? Interesting!

What programming language did u use, Toki?

We should find an engine that suit your programming style!

CaptBrenden

Toki isnt a programer, shes looking for one. She wants to do animation/pixil art for it
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

Yes, apparently she'll be inviting her programmer friend to join the forum so we can discuss such things.

RandiNinja

Ough! That's difficult!

I'm still doing my study in programming, and you can say that i'm still a complete amateur in it.  ;063

But maybe, if i can be any of use.... feel free to use me.... ^_^

Btw, my language is VB, a little php and javascript, and a little bit of phyton!

That's common? Yeah!
Don't expect too much! My course is database and ARN after all!