OS-tan RPG style game

Started by Toki, February 24, 2009, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

I've only played Guilty Gear once, not sure which one it was - it was at a party.  I can't say too much about it because quite frankly I sucked at it.  I kept trying sweeps and charges, and apparently that's not how it works -__-.

I also played even less of the Fist of the North Star game based on the same engine as Guilty Gear.

Still my biggest ass-kicking came when I played MvC2.  Sure it's a Capcom fighting game and uses the same moves, but the damn meters are all different... grrrr.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

Grrr ^_^ Street Fighter 3 has the smoothest sprites hands down, but I think Arcana Heart has some of the prettiest (not just cuz they're all pretty girls either!) Melty Blood is a pretty sucktastic game but the sprites are actually quite well animated... You should play more Guilty Gear!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

kaineru

I think I should play less Guilty Gear... Better, I think I should play less Disgaea.... it's ruining my life. At any rate Toki what are you gonna do?

AnimeTheme

Guilty Gear's animation is pathetic? I suppose you must be able to do something better than that LOL
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteI think I should play less Guilty Gear... Better, I think I should play less Disgaea.... it's ruining my life. At any rate Toki what are you gonna do?

Well, if RPG Maker were to be used, which version would it be?  Bearing in mind it should be a version she can legally obtain as to not violate forum rules.

I'm still curious as to what programming language her friend knows and to what extent he/she knows it, so I can suggest other possible tools to make things easier.

In any case, I would wager Toki will give us some more insight on her next visit.  ^__^

CaptBrenden

QuoteGuilty Gear's animation is pathetic? I suppose you must be able to do something better than that LOL

One does not have to do better to be able to identify poor quality product.  I dont have to be a master of playing the guitar to be able to tell when someone is playing like crap etc...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

However, one must take a 90-kilometer ski oneself before saying anything about that.

House rules.
_W_
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Toki

I am as good or better than you protoman!

Meow meow, I don't know what language he uses. but I think I'm gonna get another freind to help... and I'll get him to join the forum too.

Added after 10 minutes:

theres an example of my spritework. Not animated yet.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Aurora Borealis

That's fantastic and would make for an awesome game character! ;010 ;010

I wish I could make pixel art like that!

NejinOniwa

Why aren't you posting this in the cookies thread, I wonder ~.~

Toki

Because it's in relation to the game silly. I wouldn't post it otherwise because it isn't a finished work.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

NejinOniwa

Well, doublethread posting works.

Cookie thread need moar posts, it always hungers _W_

Toki

CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteMeow meow, I don't know what language he uses. but I think I'm gonna get another freind to help... and I'll get him to join the forum too.

Sweet, the more the better.  His participation in the forum would make possible collaborations easier (not that I'll be collaborating in a coding capacity).

Quotetheres an example of my spritework. Not animated yet.

*starts "This is awesome" chant*

NejinOniwa