Main Menu

plague....

Started by Chocofreak13, January 20, 2009, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

so are you sick?

i am. :[ we have no clue how long it will last, we caught it from our friend, who had it for 3 weeks and then caught it AGAIN, while still recovering, so i have no idea how long it'll last.
but i'm over the worst.......i hope.
then i have another ear infection.......4th-5th in a yearlong period....... :[

lol, this turned out sounding worse than i thought it would. xD

so are you afflicted by your own personal plague? xD
click to make it bigger

Alex S

I'm ALWAYS affected by blocked nasal passages. I have allergies in the summer and colds during the winter. That's usually the worst of what I face all of the time, though occasionally I'll get vomiting-sick.

NejinOniwa

I am gifted with a machine-like immune system.
I get a cold once or twice a year, and maybe, MAYBE the flu if it's in season, but that's it.

Win. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

*rings a bell* BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!--

Err... I used to get sick a lot as a kid but now I very rarely get sick- usually only just 1 or 2 colds a year.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, it's that time of year, and I was just waiting for someone to bring this up (I was actually expecting it in the Topicless Thread, but this works), so I could bitch about it without worry of being accused of making a cop for sympathy.  Yeah, this makes the third time I've had cold-like symptoms (accompanied with other sinus issues) in FOUR months (once when I made to Texas, again when leaving Texas, and now AGAIN).  I have no one to blame but myself - poor diet and sleeping habits.  This is still unusual because I've never been sick this often and I hate it.  I'm trying to avoid medication this time around and just reinforce an improved diet with Vitamin C tablets.  Still having trouble with sleep - old habits die hard.

Here's hoping we beat this sick like rented mules.

Oh, and Gobama (had to say it before the day was officially over).

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

I was sick during most of December, cured it with stubornness and a good dose of Vodka...:D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

Quote*rings a bell* BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!--

*beats a cat against a wall in the background* MEROW~! MEROW~!

I dont get sick very often now, but while I was in the military I was getting some doozies.. but then again you got people from all over the US getting stuck in very small spaces with one another, everyone sharing whatever it is they brought from home... I think I hacked a few golf ball sized lugies
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

QuoteMEROW~! MEROW~!
I get flashbacks from Akikan. Ghugh.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

kilmaster-san: i was worried about that when i posted this, since i've gotten yelled at here a few times. xD but it actually turned out nice.
alex-san: i have allergies in spring and fall (and maybe summer? 0_0; ) and in winter i am in a perpetual cold-thing.
demon-san: lucky. my dad almost NEVER gets sick. i don't think he's had a cold in 5 years. >:\
aurora-san: no. as a resident dead i refuse to leave my home.  lucky you about the non-colds though.
capt.-san: lugies. nice. pretty. :p

i realize i bring illness upon myself. i haven't taken vitamins in about 10 years, don't wear a proper winter coat and sometimes walk home from school. the boots i wear aren't official winter boots and aren't even mine. :] and there's a small possibility (i think i feel it) that i have ANOTHER ear infection, but in the other ear. :p

oh and demon-san? nice siggy. reminds me of a profile i had awhile back that my friend said gave her seizures. xD
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I was actually joking about that, generally my experience has been that people here tend to be friendlier than most places on the net.  I think there has at least been one other time someone complained about being sick on here and no one gave them a hard time about it, so no worries there.

Chances are my "recurring illness" is merely the result of an ear infection of which I never cured myself.  My ear has been itchy as hell since September, so yeah, it's a wonder I haven't had any hearing loss or dizziness (I've only been dizzy once the whole time).  Anyway, you should really take some vitamins, especially if you're not eating properly.

The Choice of a New Generation.

VonDaab

Lots of people seems to be sick. Not me though, havent been seriously sick for a couple of years now. "Seriously" means more than 1 day of bedrest.
Winter is an important time to remember to eat properly, be sure to get your Vitamin D's and keep your feet dry.

The winters in Finland have been pretty mild recently, so I've been ok without a proper winter cap. Summer cap when its -15'C is almost over my limits though...

Smokey

well a couple of sick days in last december (read ~1 week) are caused by bad food (bad seafood was a doozey, as was the raw-ish pork)..
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Nichi

I haven't been sick in a while; last time I felt sick was New Year's Day because of just how late I stayed up watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya the night before.

Smokey

Doesn't that just qualify as being wasted...?
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

idk if it qualifies as being wasted, since no alchohol was mentioned. illness induced from lack of sleep?
smokey: i'm thankful to have never been affected by food poisoning, though my cousin has. however, a couple years back, i ate a horrible grilled cheese that made me feel as though i had worms. ended up hugging the porcelan god bulimic-style. i figure that the poor service from that restaraune resulted in cross contamination (it's a fish restaraunt, you do the math.)
vondaab: is it really that nice there? i have family in sweden, i hope it's not too cold. :3
kilmaster: 4-5 ear infections in about a yearlong period. combine that with ipod up as loud as possible, and it's a wonder i'm not deaf. :\

and as for my diet, eh, old habits die hard. i'm prone to illness as i put it, and that's ok. i've accepted it. (besides, i do drink alot of milk and walk around alot, so i'm probably ok for vitamin d. :3)

i found out that whatever i have is going around. my high school is a cesspool in itself, last year we had a staph outbreak that hospilatized people. not to mention the mono outbreak that occured when my sis went there.....and the abestos in the floor. :3
click to make it bigger