7-tan(Noob's Design)(loli!)

Started by Alex_Reetz, October 19, 2008, 12:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiso

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"
Quote from: "Kiso"<<lots-o-text>>

Ah...thats a shame.It's really sad to hear that the artist never built on the idea.

Well Chivistan seems like a really nice one...i just hope that the 7-tan is a little more...umm...reserved then chivistan was.

Chivistan was a real aero fan in a lot of her pictures ^^;;

EDIT:for example...i think the picture you posted is great.,...but was the nearly slipping top necessary?

Yeah it's kind of  shame that it didn't get supported, but lack of support also has a part on it (why bother do something when others don't want it).

As for the 7-tan design being more conservative... you be the judge. Here...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1247767352610.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1247781515718.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1247844127717.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1248037793109.jpg

I think it's pretty conservative myself... kind of like a mix between Vista and XP (specially that last one, which seems to be Win7's "XP Mode") turned into some magical girl version. This one has more potential than anything I've ever seen. If only people were to agree rather than compete for a design... it's not like Microsoft's going to make their OS an official one.

HOW-EV-AAR... I noticed something else. The guys at +Nijiura+ seemed to relate undies with security. What do teeny whites have that make them secure? Contradiction indeed. The only one that sort of makes sense is the bluer concept which features her in a one-piece undergarment. I guess I know one thing that has to be changed on that design.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "Kiso"

Yeah it's kind of  shame that it didn't get supported, but lack of support also has a part on it (why bother do something when others don't want it).

As for the 7-tan design being more conservative... you be the judge. Here...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1247767352610.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1247781515718.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1247844127717.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Shin_Fiwaicearth/OS-tans/1248037793109.jpg

I think it's pretty conservative myself... kind of like a mix between Vista and XP (specially that last one, which seems to be Win7's "XP Mode") turned into some magical girl version. This one has more potential than anything I've ever seen. If only people were to agree rather than compete for a design... it's not like Microsoft's going to make their OS an official one.

HOW-EV-AAR... I noticed something else. The guys at +Nijiura+ seemed to relate undies with security. What do teeny whites have that make them secure? Contradiction indeed. The only one that sort of makes sense is the bluer concept which features her in a one-piece undergarment. I guess I know one thing that has to be changed on that design.

As far as i can see the 1st,3rd and last seem to be the most normal looking...but the skirts really short.I guess it's not a huge deal but still XD

I think the only question i have is whether or not they've figured out how she relates to the new features,like the superbar ,homegroup, controllable UAC,and the such...i guess it's not really too important to show off those things either since the old ones didn't.

Personally i think it looks great and fitting,just i think as time goes they're making the windows tans look a little more...revealing.

course out of the windows tans i'm a personal fan of 3.1,so that's probably why.Though even XP didn't exactly have her undergarments showing >.>

still if i had to choose,i'd say this seems great for 7

...but does 3 have to be there?^^;;

EDIT:and i apologize if i sound a bit repetitive,in a bit of a hurry so this post might be a bit rushed
QuoteThat\'s right--you have to amuse yourself while playing a game; a game being something ostensibly designed to amuse. And if the player is doing this, then something has clearly gone wrong.
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

Kiso

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"As far as i can see the 1st,3rd and last seem to be the most normal looking...but the skirts really short.I guess it's not a huge deal but still XD
Not much of a big deal is right... considering XP has one at around that level... and theme there are some that don't even have skirts. It kind of goes on par with current trends. lol

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"I think the only question i have is whether or not they've figured out how she relates to the new features,like the superbar ,homegroup, controllable UAC,and the such...i guess it's not really too important to show off those things either since the old ones didn't.
Chivistan features the Security Center's shield icon which takes every security related feature under its wing. She also sports accessories that sport the new "Start" button. Then, with 7, the +Niji+ guys added that shield icon for securities (along with whatever undies are supposed to men in security) and went and gave her XP's color scheme to represent "XP mode". They are adding stuff.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, the feather with the strange color is supposed to represent the Betta (I think MS' pun on beta) wallpaper, but are still discussing whether it should or should not be there (or at least be colored the way it is) because no one knows for sure whether Microsoft will still have it available in the OS or not when they release the OS.

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"Personally i think it looks great and fitting,just i think as time goes they're making the windows tans look a little more...revealing.
That is what Nuker was telling me earlier... they're (almost everyone, I guess) taking the "WOW factor" way to seriously and applying it in a rather misguided way. But that also has to do with RL trends; people are less conservative now than ever before (but not going to make a case study out of it). They should try to apply it differently... like the pink-haired Vista, which features a lot of stuff without making her too revealing.

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"course out of the windows tans i'm a personal fan of 3.1,so that's probably why.Though even XP didn't exactly have her undergarments showing >.>
Dude, you can't look for XP-tan without finding something like "clingy clothing", and we're talking just about her normal clothes. And don't get me started on lolicon innuendo. It all depends on how perverted the artist who draws the '-tans is or how much do they want attention. Anyone in the OS-tan meme (or any net meme) has to deal with this or simply saturate the world with more conservative art.

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"still if i had to choose,i'd say this seems great for 7
If you mean that +Nijiura+ Chivistan0follow-up concept... I think I can agree.

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"...but does 3 have to be there?^^;;
Come again?

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"EDIT:and i apologize if i sound a bit repetitive,in a bit of a hurry so this post might be a bit rushed
Eh, no probs. Anyways, I didn't want to say this more than the times I have already said it, but I am working on that "Magical Girl Seven" (lolname) to see what I can make of it. New to my statement will be, however, that I am currently "en route" to making a Vista SP2 and am pondering whether to do an SP3 design XP-tan. I have this crazy idea going over my mind... oh, wait... was going to give too much info and I don't even know if I will pull through with it. lol ^^;
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

NejinOniwa

SO...MANY...QUOTES...

*faints*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "Kiso"Dude, you can't look for XP-tan without finding something like "clingy clothing", and we're talking just about her normal clothes. And don't get me started on lolicon innuendo. It all depends on how perverted the artist who draws the '-tans is or how much do they want attention. Anyone in the OS-tan meme (or any net meme) has to deal with this or simply saturate the world with more conservative art.

It's true that XP was more revealing then say, 98 was,but when it came to this it was still in a normal physical way.She had a larger bust and short skirt but it wasn't necessarily revealing it.With 7 you have the underwear actually showing and the top in some of the pictures is only half covered.

i do understand that i should probably expect this,it's just a bit odd for me when even the conceptual art is like that ^^;. i can understand what you mean though.
Come again?

by 3 what i meant was picture 3 out of the 4 concept arts you linked of 7-tan,sorry for the lack of clarification.

anywho everyone looks great,can't wait to see more ^^.

EDIT:apparently in my earlier rush i didn't even count the pictures properly,it's actually picture 2 i meant.
QuoteThat\'s right--you have to amuse yourself while playing a game; a game being something ostensibly designed to amuse. And if the player is doing this, then something has clearly gone wrong.
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

Kiso

Oh... I figured as much... I just wasn't completely sure you actually referred to the images there. You seem to misunderstand one more thing as well, not that it's a bad thing of course. Although her outfit at image 2 out of the 4 I linked sports her undergarments showing... "undergarment" almost falls short of a technicality. You see, in that design, the undergarment is basically part of her visual outfit, which would make it more of a swimsuit than it is "underwear". It's just a layer of clothing that has double use.

At first, I did not understand why it was so, Because I was always thinking "underwear showing". However, this familiar feeling was in my mind as I saw the images. Then I thought back to my own 7-tan concepts and found what I was looking at with that concept. Most of mine (if not all) feature a concept quite like that (I remembered a girl saying "she forgot her skirt, I can see her underwear" while I was making one of those designs and me replying "it's supposed to be like that"), and then I went, "Ah, I get it now! Visual undergarments!" and that's bout it.

So I guess I can relate to what they did and that's what made me instantly like the design. I was going for the orange kimono girl at the Futaba uploader until I started seeing her being given animal-like features (sorry, but I really don't know where a fox relates to Win7 as an OS, not even in codename). They messed up and I luckily found an even cooler concept. That doesn't mean I won't use ideas based on her though, I still like her... just not as much due to the fox thing.

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "Kiso"Oh... I figured as much... I just wasn't completely sure you actually referred to the images there. You seem to misunderstand one more thing as well, not that it's a bad thing of course. Although her outfit at image 2 out of the 4 I linked sports her undergarments showing... "undergarment" almost falls short of a technicality. You see, in that design, the undergarment is basically part of her visual outfit, which would make it more of a swimsuit than it is "underwear". It's just a layer of clothing that has double use.

At first, I did not understand why it was so, Because I was always thinking "underwear showing". However, this familiar feeling was in my mind as I saw the images. Then I thought back to my own 7-tan concepts and found what I was looking at with that concept. Most of mine (if not all) feature a concept quite like that (I remembered a girl saying "she forgot her skirt, I can see her underwear" while I was making one of those designs and me replying "it's supposed to be like that"), and then I went, "Ah, I get it now! Visual undergarments!" and that's bout it.

So I guess I can relate to what they did and that's what made me instantly like the design. I was going for the orange kimono girl at the Futaba uploader until I started seeing her being given animal-like features (sorry, but I really don't know where a fox relates to Win7 as an OS, not even in codename). They messed up and I luckily found an even cooler concept. That doesn't mean I won't use ideas based on her though, I still like her... just not as much due to the fox thing.

So..number 2 is supposed to be her swimsuit? I suppose that'd make more sense...though not completely sure cause i'm not sure what you define Visual Undergarments as.
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

Nuker

Wow, I don't come here for -one- day and suddenly there's a flood of posts.

*reads everything*

I'm starting to -really- like this 7-tan design. The coloring/redesign jobs you found are excellent, expecially the first and the fourth one, which are also the more conservative ones. If I was them, I'd still make that coat-thing a bit longer, to give more of a Magical-Girl vibe. It doesn't need to be really long, knee-lenght should be enough.

Kiso

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"So..number 2 is supposed to be her swimsuit? I suppose that'd make more sense...though not completely sure cause i'm not sure what you define Visual Undergarments as.
It's not really swimsuit. I used the swimsuit comparison because it's accepted to be seen at it's usually the one with more intricate designs. My made-up "visual undergarment" term refers to pieces of clothing that are meant to conceal intimates, but are not really meant to be hidden themselves. That's why you are able to see most of it. It's part of her visual appearance, conservative or not. At least they made it conservative enough for the lower half... and at least even more conservative than Chivis concepts.

Quote from: "Nuker"Wow, I don't come here for -one- day and suddenly there's a flood of posts.

*reads everything*

I'm starting to -really- like this 7-tan design. The coloring/redesign jobs you found are excellent, expecially the first and the fourth one, which are also the more conservative ones. If I was them, I'd still make that coat-thing a bit longer, to give more of a Magical-Girl vibe. It doesn't need to be really long, knee-lenght should be enough.
Different artists, different thought processes... and the language barrier doesn't help for suggestions. Anyways, we can do that ourselves... well... at least I am sure I can do it... although it would take time from what I wanted to do. lol

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "Wolfwood2057"So..number 2 is supposed to be her swimsuit? I suppose that'd make more sense...though not completely sure cause i'm not sure what you define Visual Undergarments as.
It's not really swimsuit. I used the swimsuit comparison because it's accepted to be seen at it's usually the one with more intricate designs. My made-up "visual undergarment" term refers to pieces of clothing that are meant to conceal intimates, but are not really meant to be hidden themselves. That's why you are able to see most of it. It's part of her visual appearance, conservative or not. At least they made it conservative enough for the lower half... and at least even more conservative than Chivis concepts.

So...just trying to make it out,having some issues

by Visual undergarments do you just mean a name for outfits like the top? Or are you trying to say that thats just a layer of clothing under the other outfit?

guess i'm bad with terms ^^;;
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw

Kiso

Yeah... it's a layer of clothing... it only makes sense when the clothes are under another layer of clothing even though they come into view.

aXis_Symmetry

why the design not continued from this type of vistan? they still got similar capabilities if you check of it

Kiso

Quote from: "Amateratsu"why the design not continued from this type of vistan? they still got similar capabilities if you check of it

That has been coming and going for for at least a year. I think it was competing with Vistake and Visbou in 2ch. She din't get as popular as them, though. I myself like it... but she gives me this weird vibe... doesn't look all that Vista-ish even with all the represented features So yea, I like it, just not that much either.

Anyways, it's still isn't unlikely that the creator or the followers of that design actualy make a 7-tan based on that one... she does have promise.

aXis_Symmetry

Quote from: "Amateratsu"why the design not continued from this type of vistan? they still got similar capabilities if you check of it

That has been coming and going for for at least a year. I think it was competing with Vistake and Visbou in 2ch. She din't get as popular as them, though. I myself like it... but she gives me this weird vibe... doesn't look all that Vista-ish even with all the represented features So yea, I like it, just not that much either.

Anyways, it's still isn't unlikely that the creator or the followers of that design actualy make a 7-tan based on that one... she does have promise.

;001 hmm.. now thats explain something...

off topic but related ~ i just found out the net
have some thought to redesign Windows XP?

Wolfwood2057

Quote from: "Amateratsu"

;001 hmm.. now thats explain something...

off topic but related ~ i just found out the net
have some thought to redesign Windows XP?

i wouldn't count on it happening,besides the fact that XP's design has been set in stone with little to no variations,most people would probably also want to maintain that design.

Since theres usually more then one variation,i believe that in the end most people would just stick to the original design rather then fight over variations of an already agreed on design
-Ben \'Yahtzee\' Croshaw