Main Menu

What's your gender?

Started by panda, September 08, 2005, 09:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panda

QUOTE (CaptBrenden @ Sep 10 2005, 05:41 PM)
humm seriosly, id actually have to say mentaly im mostly female then o.O im not sure how to describe it, but like a tomboy. I got out and rough and tough with the guys but even they have said i have a chick like personality and tendancys.  But i still like girls, so yah, ill stick with my erlier statement im a lezbian trapped in a mans body :P [/quote]
hmmm. . .
Well, you never really answered my question, "do you want to be a girl?" or are you fine being feminine as a boy?
With me, I'm not fine as a boy, but I do enjoy "boy" games(target shooting, rugby, jr. police officer, etc.) But, people call me stuff like, "your a big strong boy, aren’t you?" it annoys me, I know their complementing me, but, it’s not right, it doesn't feel right.
And a lot of people have said, "I'm not 100% masculine", it’s safe to say that no one is, and what I really mean is, are you fine being the sex that you are?

MakoChan

*looks down* female... definately ;)

mata ne
MakoChan

CaptBrenden

Just out of curiosity why do you ask panda?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

panda

I was just wondering. No reason really.

iStar

Wow! Awesome thread, AND replies! Way to be open-minded everybody.

A: I can write my name in the snow.

It's kinda weird to explain, but... I would like to be female, but it doesn't seem practical. I like the fucntionality of a male body, but somethings, like body hair, absolutely disgust me. And I like the form of a female body, but somethings, like menstrual cycles, seem really inconvenient.

So I've found a happy medium: male form with the innate cuteness of a female.

As for being happy as a male? No. But I don't think I'd be happy as a female either. To truly be happy I think that I'd need the ability to flip-flop at will. To experience both sides of humanity would be absolutely divine.

panda

yea, that's the thing(never being completely happy), as my friend said, "Look, being a woman means never being completely happy."

CaptBrenden

I dont think gender had anything to do with how happy you can be.  Its just another small peice of the whole you.  I think you become happy by making the best of what you got.  For example, while I was in Iraq the first time we were sleeping in the dirt for a month, it was a 130 degrees in the shade, it was impossible to stay even marginaly clean. The food was disgusting at best, and the water even left something to be desired, but dispite the situation I was in, I was happy, because I wanted to be.

Now when panda askes, what do you want to be, thats just preference and wether it will make you happy is compleatly up to how you want to look at it.  If someone hands me a MT Dew, and I like Dr Pepper more, I can still be happy with the Mt Dew because someone gave me a soda and I didnt have to pay for it.  If I dwell on the fact that its not a Dr Pepper, then I will be unhappy.  

forgive the example. the Mt dew can on my desk was the first think I saw. I really wish I had a Dr Pepper right now..

iStar

^^^ yup... acceptance of the things that were decided for you is tantamount to happiness. As for others accepting you, fuck 'em (pardon the language, but that is what I tell 'em). Yea, being ostracized sucks, but suffering builds character and makes you a richer person for having persevered. Nothing good comes easy, and there's no resolution without conflict.

Be courageous and share your secret world.

panda

Yea, I just recently accepted myself.

Agelu

So, Panda, how ya doing lately? i just read "Feeling Better, I feel good YO!" , you know, your post on PJ, and i was kinda worried about u... i mean, how things are been going... :unsure:  (side note: YES!!! Im a Windows CE! :P ! Wait... thats kinda small!!)

panda

well, I still have not told my parents, which leaves me unable to really start to change. the only thing I can do(and I am doing) is growing my hair out, which is really annoying during ruby practice. But I guess I'm not too bad right know.
I guess this topic has runits course, so if any one wants to ask questions feel free to.

CaptBrenden

eh i kinda know how you feel. My brother is gay, but dosnt think anyone knows.. and he disconnected himself from our whole family because he dosnt think we will accept it or something.  you really should just tell them, it will make things esier..

panda

I know I really should, but, my parents are simi-christions, and have got quite emotional about homosexuality and related topics. And my dad also is a fairly strong guy, stronger then I, so he could (and has a few times before) slaped me around.

CaptBrenden

sigh... i wish everyones families were  as kind and accepting as mine -.- However.. if your own family cant accept you.. I really dont know what you should do.  On one hand people that cant accept you arnt worth your time on the other hand i is your family and i think family is very important

panda

well, I think they know my older bro. is gay, and he has a mild form of asutisum(or how ever you spell it), so he probibly will not move out(for long periods of time, he'll probibly just come back home).
But I just want at least one person I can really "lean on" and like wise that person can "lean on" me. I guess that's the idea of marrige.