FOSA Lite

Started by C-Chan, June 11, 2008, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyveroz

QuoteDon't corrupt the innocent young minds of Aurora and Bella..... ^o^
Yeah.... That's your job :P

Bella

QuoteSolaris-san and BSD-san seem sorely disappointed at the end...

Solaris-san is embarrassed she thought...bad things....about Slack-chan. BSD-san I think is just plain disappointed. :P

QuoteHAHAHAHAHA!! That is extremely cute and hilarious! And I think you deserve a medal of bravery for drawing that! XD

Luckily I've been thus far able to escape the grasps of an enraged Unix-sama. Should she find me I might be in a body cast for weeks. x__x

QuoteSeeing C-One-tan as Unix-sama, and smiling is very very surreal but so cute! The highlight of the page is either Slack-chan's crazed expression on panel 2, or the extreme cuteness of panel 3!

And sweet, too! I know where you thought I was going....hahaha...but I am classier than that!

QuoteI knew that she is crazy, but I never thought of her as the perverted type!

Oh she's no Homeko, not by a long shot...but I'm sure she might have her moments.

QuoteThat sounds right. Solaris-san seems like very conservative type with an antiquated mindset (who I also imagine has dealt with many rowdy customers at her coffee shop), and I always thought of BSD-san as the more laid-back type (sort of like several of her daughters!)

...At least until Linux-sama started to hang around. Now I'm sure she's loosened up a bit. ^^

BSD-san I've always thought was a lot more open-minded and laid back, too.

QuoteThank you, Bella-hime. ^^
I tried hard to keep it simple, but as usual I went overboard with the lighting at times. I guess it's a nice way to compensate for the stupidly-simple DangOS. -v-

The X-Star I had sketched a long time ago (along with the original sketch of Pilot-chan), but this is the first time the design is made public. The canard-style propeller plane is based on the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden, an experimental plane with superior maneuverability created (but never deployed) during WWII.

Wow! the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden is a really neat looking plane!

QuoteUhhh... ¬¬
...well, this IS the Binteji Renmei we're talking about. They can't afford parachutes,... at best, they have to sow their own. ^______^;

Whaaaaa??? But I just signed up for the Binteji Renmei Skydiving Team! O.O

QuoteIn fairness, the original preconcept that Aurora-hime and I envisioned was a lot longer and sappier, so this is really just fast-forwarding the whole emotion. But glad you liked it. ^^

The reflective floor is a common technique in software graphics, so thought I'd give it a try. ^__^

Ah, cut short or not it's still very nice.

QuoteAlthough as Fawkes-san put it,... any perv could liken it to "Incest in the Morning". ^^;

Nonsense. It's just tender, heartfelt love between two sisters.

QuoteFufufu... again, that wasn't in the original, but I wanted some way to tie back into Linux-sama. ^^

However, I goofed... I chose a brilliant green landscape forgetting that this is technically DECEMBER! At best, there should be a little snow here and there.... >v<

I might do a little quick color swapping to the paths before I post up the Sauces for Aurora-hime. ^^;

You know I support all forms of lighter-than-air travel. :3

But yeah! It is winter! Oh well...Glow ball warming at work, I guess. This comic could be retitled an Inconvenient Truth II!

QuoteAhhh... you watched the AMVs instead... T__T
I was hoping for some real live clips of some of the funnier scenes, but as long as it interests you I guess you'll find out soon enough. ^__^

Can't say I fully recommend the series outside of watching it for Chii -- in all honesty, I thought the ending was pretty weak (not fast, just weak).

I'm sure it has to be several orders of magnitude better that some of the garbage I've witnessed.

*curses self for sitting though 20+ episodes of Bleach* ><

QuoteWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GIRL IS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! >v<

Have you met my pet Elephant in the Room? I call him, "what I'm going to do with the Linux-sama comic" ^^

QuoteI reckon you got a lot of practice from your manga, to be able to whip up something like this in such a brief amount of time, and with the trademark mangasque precision I've come to see in your comics. ^^

PANEL1: I do have to admit -- seeing UNIX-sama that happy and quirky is.... SURREAL. X___X
What kind of monster have I created? ^.^;

Still, it's an adorable kind of weird. ^___^
Much appreciated that you remembered to include her "ear" protrusions, which pretty much appear on all her morphs.

The expression on Solaris-sama's face in the background (half-dressed in her waitress outfit) is timeless. ^^

Well, the dead-eyes look should've given it away to Slack-chan... to say nothing of the mechanical ears. But...I guess a happy fangirl sees what she wants to.

QuotePANEL2: Admittedly, with a face like that, who WOULDN'T think Slack-chan has anything but a desire to search for C-One-chan's "off" switch (Chobits reference: feel free to slap me when you find out what it is... ^^; )

I skimmed the Wikipedia page! I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! @@

*slaps C-Chan*

*drives to coffee shop*

*buys Extra Hot coffee*

*throws it in C-Chan's face*

On a side note, I can list a dozen better places to place a power switch. Gyeesh!

QuoteNow BSD-sama joins the fray with that "beedy-little eyes" look that works great on Solaris-sama. ^___^

Much lolz were had with Solaris-sama's expression, btw. ^^

That's essense of WTF, that's what that is.

QuotePANEL3: Leave it to Bella-hime to really draw out the natural charm of an unnaturally-happy UNIX-sama [clone]. CUTEST -- PICTURE -- EVER!!!!!!! Barr none!!! ^V^

*screenshot screenshot screenshot!!!*

See, Slack-chan is capable of being a perfect lady.

QuotePANEL4: GAAAAAAAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^V^
[I admit... I might have a small urge to feel the same way. ^-^;

....Extremely disappointed? XD

Quote*snaps hoof* PERFECT! >v<
Okay, will leave it as is. With my lat promise to Aurora-hime completed, I do still need to work on someone else's promise. I've actually been pretty lucky lately about fulfilling promises.... usually that's an area of high suckage risk factor for me. -v-

Ahhhh, I lived in the subtropics for quite awhile...granted, Christmas still felt like Christmas, but it's so much more "right" to be in the snow. ^^

QuoteDon't corrupt the innocent young minds of Aurora and Bella..... ^o^

Too late! Whaaaaaa!!!

guyveroz

QuoteWhaaaaa??? But I just signed up for the Binteji Renmei Skydiving Team! O.O
*goes to the signup sheet and changes diving to falling*
Binteji Renmei Skyfalling Team... much more accurate...
interestingly this might make a cute comic given the right characters

QuoteNonsense. It's just tender, heartfelt love between two sisters.
Yeah just like cleaning teeth anytime X3

QuoteOn a side note, I can list a dozen better places to place a power switch. Gyeesh!
does that include a bit higher? and half way around?... Dang it office work always makes me a little weirder...

C-Chan

QuoteLuckily I've been thus far able to escape the grasps of an enraged Unix-sama. Should she find me I might be in a body cast for weeks. x__x

Fufufu.  ^.^

*writes notes down*

It's always nice to have a little blackmail material on hand.... -v-

...At least until Linux-sama started to hang around. Now I'm sure she's loosened up a bit. ^^

BSD-san I've always thought was a lot more open-minded and laid back, too.

Initially I doubt Solaris-sama would have wanted to loosen up by choice -- she just tried (and failed) to fit the part in order to steal mindshare from her archrival.  But over the past year especially, having spent considerable time interacting with what she once might have considered the "dregs" of society, I think she's changed her mind considerably.  At the very least she understands now why she was destined to fail if she continued to pursue her path.  At most, she's come to understand the virtual "immortality" of open DNA, and envies her mother a little less.

QuoteWow! the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden is a really neat looking plane!

Fufufu... the Xerox Star was a pretty neat looking computer when it came out too.  ^^

If you'll recall, the original X-Star was meant to be based on Richard Pearse's plane, perhaps the first airplane to fly, but due to location and poor press never acknowledged as such.  Seemed fitting in PilotOS-chan's case.

But since I needed something with more umpf, that didn't quite cut it.  Fortunately, since Pearse's plane was canard-style (an aerodynamic frame well-ahead of its time), it didn't take long to find a great candidate since canard-style frames were rarely if ever used in propeller planes.

If you're interested in reading more, here's an interesting forum post about it:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircraft-pictures/kyushu-j7w1-shinden-canard-prototype-4615.html

It's not meant to be an exact copy of the Shinden (after all, the Shinden had 1 propeller and not 2), but the X-Star does inherit the same [prototype] problems as the Shinden.  This is why PilotOS-chan has to spend what little money she has on regular maintenance, and why she had to remove some pieces outright (such as the attached gun) to wait for better times.  ^^;

QuoteWhaaaaa??? But I just signed up for the Binteji Renmei Skydiving Team! O.O

Agree with Fawkes-san... might as well be Sky FALLING.  ^^

I'm sure it has to be several orders of magnitude better that some of the garbage I've witnessed.

*curses self for sitting though 20+ episodes of Bleach* ><

If you don't mind the very blatant pervertedness every once in a while (sometimes I don't know WHAT goes on in the minds of those 4 CLAMP women...), it actually is a very sweet series.  ^^;

I skimmed the Wikipedia page! I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! @@

*slaps C-Chan*

*gets sent off flying*

No really!  It is!  ^___^;

*drives to coffee shop*

*buys Extra Hot coffee*

*throws it in C-Chan's face*

On a side note, I can list a dozen better places to place a power switch. Gyeesh!

*heat of coffee turns him into sausage*

If it makes you feel any better, I was quite "WTF" myself when I first saw that.  -v-;

But it actually is intended to figure heavily in the story, so it's not like it's outright hentai fanservice.  Perhaps its meant instead to poke fun at that kind of stuff.  The scene with Chii in the Peep Show room, literally poking through the peep holes, serves as a good metaphor.  -.-

QuoteHave you met my pet Elephant in the Room? I call him, "what I'm going to do with the Linux-sama comic" ^^

Ah yes, I met him.  Gave him peanuts and called him Dumbo.  ^.^
Nah, we'll take care of him.  Trust me.  ^__~

guyveroz

QuoteIf you don't mind the very blatant pervertedness every once in a while (sometimes I don't know WHAT goes on in the minds of those 4 CLAMP women...), it actually is a very sweet series. ^^;
Sweet for the girls, echii for the guys. and yaoi undertones for the rabid fangirls... I presume...

QuoteNah, we'll take care of him. Trust me. ^__~
*Prepares elephant grade tranqs just in case*

Bella

Quote*goes to the signup sheet and changes diving to falling*
Binteji Renmei Skyfalling Team... much more accurate...
interestingly this might make a cute comic given the right characters

Bwahaha...skyfalling.

QuoteInitially I doubt Solaris-sama would have wanted to loosen up by choice -- she just tried (and failed) to fit the part in order to steal mindshare from her archrival. But over the past year especially, having spent considerable time interacting with what she once might have considered the "dregs" of society, I think she's changed her mind considerably. At the very least she understands now why she was destined to fail if she continued to pursue her path. At most, she's come to understand the virtual "immortality" of open DNA, and envies her mother a little less.

How good for Solaris-san...given the track record of closed source Unixen compared to open source ones, I can't see how any would want to opt for the former.

QuoteFufufu... the Xerox Star was a pretty neat looking computer when it came out too. ^^

If you'll recall, the original X-Star was meant to be based on Richard Pearse's plane, perhaps the first airplane to fly, but due to location and poor press never acknowledged as such. Seemed fitting in PilotOS-chan's case.

But since I needed something with more umpf, that didn't quite cut it. Fortunately, since Pearse's plane was canard-style (an aerodynamic frame well-ahead of its time), it didn't take long to find a great candidate since canard-style frames were rarely if ever used in propeller planes.

If you're interested in reading more, here's an interesting forum post about it:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircraft-pictures/kyushu-j7w1-shinden-canard-prototype-4615.html

It's not meant to be an exact copy of the Shinden (after all, the Shinden had 1 propeller and not 2), but the X-Star does inherit the same [prototype] problems as the Shinden. This is why PilotOS-chan has to spend what little money she has on regular maintenance, and why she had to remove some pieces outright (such as the attached gun) to wait for better times. ^^;

Thanks for posting that link...I've always had a small interest in planes and jets, that's some pretty interesting reading. I remember originally it was to be based off of Pearse's plane, but I do like this version a bit better.

QuoteIf you don't mind the very blatant pervertedness every once in a while (sometimes I don't know WHAT goes on in the minds of those 4 CLAMP women...), it actually is a very sweet series. ^^;

Quote*heat of coffee turns him into sausage*

If it makes you feel any better, I was quite "WTF" myself when I first saw that. -v-;

But it actually is intended to figure heavily in the story, so it's not like it's outright hentai fanservice. Perhaps its meant instead to poke fun at that kind of stuff. The scene with Chii in the Peep Show room, literally poking through the peep holes, serves as a good metaphor. -.-

If I sat though the blatant perverseness of Speed Grapher for 10+ episodes, I'm sure I could handle that. XD

QuoteSweet for the girls, echii for the guys. and yaoi undertones for the rabid fangirls... I presume...

Sounds...about right. o.O

C-Chan

Sweet for the girls, echii for the guys. and yaoi undertones for the rabid fangirls... I presume...

Effective marketing at its best.  ^.^

QuoteHow good for Solaris-san...given the track record of closed source Unixen compared to open source ones, I can't see how any would want to opt for the former.

Oh,... it wouldn't be the first time people have fought tooth and nail to defend what's worse for them.  You should see tons of samples of that in your everyday life (or at least on TV).  ^____________^

Thanks for posting that link...I've always had a small interest in planes and jets, that's some pretty interesting reading. I remember originally it was to be based off of Pearse's plane, but I do like this version a bit better.

Wow!  So not only did you have a strong interest in trains, but also planes too?!  You ARE the definitive renaissance girl.  ^_____^

QuoteIf I sat though the blatant perverseness of Speed Grapher for 10+ episodes, I'm sure I could handle that. XD

OMG~!!!  Poor you.  @v@

In that case, Chobits will actually be pleasant.  When you have the chance, go for it.  ^.^

=====================

In any event, to bring my participation in this thread to a close, a small present for Aurora-hime,... the Sauce for all the DangOS-tan panels I made....

I even made a last minute change to the last panel, making the scenery a lot more winteresque.  

I'm sorry the end product fell short of a real product, but I think it will help you greatly in case you want to finish the comic (in time for christmas).  The fact that there's only 5 panels and they're already storyboarded (and include fairly-decent backgrounds to work with) I'm sure will help tremendously.  ^__^

Thank you for helping make this FOSA Lite thread very productive.  The original Free and Open Source Anime project failed, but this one did rather well and yielded some nice collaborative efforts.  I hope we'll all have the opportunity to do equally fun and productive teamwork once more.

Take care!

Ja!  ^v^

*C-chan signs off thread*

[attachment deleted by admin]