FOSA Lite

Started by C-Chan, June 11, 2008, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Now that you mention it, Solaris-sama doesn't get much attention, does she...?

But onto topic...

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd like seeing a Santa-like character getting kicked in the face by an angry fighter...

...but clearly that's changed! eCOS-chan is looking suitably happy here, and I really like the inclusion of Minuet and TRON-tan. The Virutans with their (probably stolen) credit cards is hilarious, as is the fighting-game display at the top of the panel. And I suppose that's either some random cruise ship or the top of their submarine in the background? :P

C-Chan

HI ALL!!
Very very very very VERY happy to report the completion of the CIOST panel!  ^v^
Turns out I managed to find creative ways to insert all the CIOST characters i wanted... course, since it's hard to really appreciate the detail on some of them, you're welcomed to view them in the original SVG (each character is grouped, so it's easy to select and move them).

QuoteHahahahaha-- OH! That's going to leave a mark! Poor Red Hat-tan, getting PWNED Street Fighter-style and that the virus-tans are all betting against her!

Well, Spida and Bliss-chan are too nice to bet against Santa.  ^^
However, that does beg the question: are they panicking because their boss is getting clobbered, or because they're gonna lose their bets big time?  ^.^;

BTW, as Bella-hime guessed correctly, the universally-accepted currency of the virus-tans are indeed stolen credit cards.  You can zoom in using the SVG to see which kind.  ^____^

QuoteIt looks like MenuetOS-tan and TRON-tan are chatting about how hilariously one-sided the fight is!

Probably,... but they could also be bored with the spectacle and just be talking nerdling stuff.  ^.^

Clearly IMSAI8080 and BeOS-chan are disinterested-enough to do something else.  ^________^'

QuoteAnd I suppose that's either some random cruise ship or the top of their submarine in the background? :P

It's the top of their submarine, but I did use pictures of cruise ships at night for reference.  Given their advanced technology, stealth is virtually useless to them so they can afford to make their warships rather flashy.  ^^;

Added after 3 minutes:

===================================

Don't mind me if I disappear for most of the rest of the day, but I'll be sure to leave all my responses in time.  ^___^

As for the remaining panel, it'll be something of a surprise.  ^.^

Actually, Aurora-hime may know a little about what it's gonna be about, but it will also contain a few new surprises.  ^___^

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aurora Borealis

A few new surprises in the next panel (which I know a little bit about)? I'm curious! :D

And I see more characters added into the CIOST panel! There is PRIMOS, IMSAI 8080 and BeOS (who are both not paying any attention to the fight! But seeing the two of them playing that board game, those two would make good friends! Both are highly intelligent and have a similar eccentric fashion sense!), OpenVMS, FreeVMS and GECOS!

Bella

QuoteBTW, as Bella-hime guessed correctly, the universally-accepted currency of the virus-tans are indeed stolen credit cards. You can zoom in using the SVG to see which kind. ^____^

Haha! I saw Visa, Mastercard, AmEx., and Discover XD

QuoteIt's the top of their submarine, but I did use pictures of cruise ships at night for reference. Given their advanced technology, stealth is virtually useless to them so they can afford to make their warships rather flashy. ^^;

Hmmm…so there is a reason the inside of their ship looks like a game show set. In a good way :P

QuoteVery very very very VERY happy to report the completion of the CIOST panel! ^v^
Turns out I managed to find creative ways to insert all the CIOST characters i wanted... course, since it's hard to really appreciate the detail on some of them, you're welcomed to view them in the original SVG (each character is grouped, so it's easy to select and move them).

Oh wow! Awesome! I checked out the SVG for a closer look. ISMAI and BeOS-tan are really cute, and could almost pass as sisters. PrimOS-tan is a nice inclusion, as is VMS-sama. Awww, you took the initiative and drew FreeVMS-chan! I’ve been trying to figure out what color scheme I should use.

And at first I couldn’t figure out who that yellow-eyed character on the far right was, but then it came to me: that evil grimace, that deviant look in her eye, it must be God’s Exclusively Chosen Operating System: GECOS-sama! She’s probably just happy seeing a great-great-great-granddaughter of Multics-sama--in theory--being trounced.

I can't wait to see the next panel, I'm guessing it'll involve the Vintage-tans... :P

Siya

Hurrah!  You keep packing this panel with more win, C-Chan!

C-Chan

Wow, almost forgot this.  ^^;

QuoteAnd I see more characters added into the CIOST panel! There is PRIMOS, IMSAI 8080 and BeOS (who are both not paying any attention to the fight! But seeing the two of them playing that board game, those two would make good friends! Both are highly intelligent and have a similar eccentric fashion sense!), OpenVMS, FreeVMS and GECOS!

Though I did want to add IMSAI-tan originally, it didn't occur to me that the two were so similar until I had them together!  Then I felt I just HAD to capitalize the fact!

And what better way to do it than to have them play such a time-honored game of strategy that also just so happens to also match their mutual color combinations (aka, Battleship).  ^.^

QuoteHaha! I saw Visa, Mastercard, AmEx., and Discover XD

Correct!  One of the oh-so-many Easter Eggs I like to sprinkle.  ^__^

QuoteOh wow! Awesome! I checked out the SVG for a closer look. ISMAI and BeOS-tan are really cute, and could almost pass as sisters. PrimOS-tan is a nice inclusion, as is VMS-sama. Awww, you took the initiative and drew FreeVMS-chan! I’ve been trying to figure out what color scheme I should use.

The colors are based on her logo, and the hair (as well as ribbons) are meant to have a subtle alluson to Inu-T's appearance (call it a curious genetic similarity).  ^_________^

And at first I couldn’t figure out who that yellow-eyed character on the far right was, but then it came to me: that evil grimace, that deviant look in her eye, it must be God’s Exclusively Chosen Operating System: GECOS-sama! She’s probably just happy seeing a great-great-great-granddaughter of Multics-sama--in theory--being trounced.

Wha?  Huh?  There's someone behind VMS-sama?  I don't see anything, do you? ^-^

No but seriously,... that is GECOS-sama looking all secretive and stuff.  If you ungroup her and remover her cloak, you'll be able to see how far I went making her head and hair. ^___^

Not only is she trying to keep a low profile, but she's also something of the "old hag" now to all these insanely-powerful youngsters surrounding her.  She's a brilliant tactician, is a master of cunning, manipulation and deception, and her power is still nothing to sneeze at.  Problem is that she simply isn't in her prime anymore, and has to rely more and more on others doing her bidding.  -v-

I guess she would take much delight seeing RedHat-sama get walloped -- the fact that she doesn't think the same thing of PrimOS-sama (nearby) just shows that she's smart enough not to pick fights she can't possibly win.  ^^;

QuoteHurrah! You keep packing this panel with more win, C-Chan!

But unless someone wants to volunteer some shadework, that's basically the end of it.  I'm off to more panels.  ^.^

QuoteI can't wait to see the next panel, I'm guessing it'll involve the Vintage-tans... :P
GAH!  You're such a party pooper.  TvT

Yeah, it'll involve the Vintage-tans... being ever so selfless as usual.  ^^

I'm planning to draw it this weekend in fact....

Bella

@ FreeVMS/Inu T parallel...wow, that's pretty smart! I'd been racking my mind as to how I could make FreeVMS-chan unique in her own way, and this fits her well!

@ GECOS-san being the CIOST's crazy old Crone: fits her well, I think. But I do think she'd still be fiery enough to pick on some of the Multics-like OS-tans; though it probably would never progress to a real fight (I agree, she probably couldn't handle them).

@ Volunteering shadework: I might, if my busy time of the year hadn't just snuck up on me.

*sigh*

Honestly, the last few days have been almost like playing out the clock on my last days of vacation. Now comes the crazy time between my summer lull and autumn lull : |

@ Spoiling surprises: OOOPS! Spoiler alert!

C-Chan

Tonight's a bit of maintenance posting.  ^.^

I actually have been pretty uninspired this week (or rather, I've been TOO inspired by my Python work), so I've been unable to really get anything going with the Vintage Panel.  But I do hope to finish it eventually -- after which, I'll take a small hiatus from the Xmas Comic to work on some of my other commitments (like the BSDs and the Commodores).  ^___^

Quote@ FreeVMS/Inu T parallel...wow, that's pretty smart! I'd been racking my mind as to how I could make FreeVMS-chan unique in her own way, and this fits her well!

Just a small drop of Inu-T should do.  ^.^

@ GECOS-san being the CIOST's crazy old Crone: fits her well, I think. But I do think she'd still be fiery enough to pick on some of the Multics-like OS-tans; though it probably would never progress to a real fight (I agree, she probably couldn't handle them).

"Crone"!  That's right!  That's the word I was looking for.  ^.^
And agreed,... she likes to torment the likes of PrimOS as well as any UNIX-likes among the ranks, but not to the point where she ends up on the wrong end of a stick, sword, fist, or fiery magic blast.

Quote@ Volunteering shadework: I might, if my busy time of the year hadn't just snuck up on me.

No real pressure on it, though.  The comic looks alright in its current state, even though it wouldn't necessarily blend with the first couple of pages.  -v-

QuoteHonestly, the last few days have been almost like playing out the clock on my last days of vacation. Now comes the crazy time between my summer lull and autumn lull : |

NOOOOOOOOO!!  ^0^

*sticks self in blender, and duct tapes it shut*

C-Chan

Wow this thread has been collecting cobwebs.... -v-

I was hoping to get the Binteji Renmei panel completed, but insipration never materialized until now.  The end result doesn't feature as many characters as I wanted (I couldn't add GEOS-tan after all,  but I think it still makes the point regardless (the point being that the vintage girls ahve a different interpretation of the word "gift").  ^^'

Maybe I'll stop by later to give some more detail, but this is the last Zerosanity XMAS panel that I'm going to draw with any detail.  In order to conclude the story before C-Day, I'm thinking of employing what I call "Dango Storyboards" to get an idea of character placement, expressions and dialogue.  Should help Aurora-hime finish this comic if she wants to get it completed by Christmas.  ^^

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aurora Borealis

Very different from what you originally had in mind (all the way back when we were working on this last year) but just as cute as I could imagine- EXTREME LEVELS OF CUTENESS!

The Vintage-tans singing Xmas carols I think really suits them! I noticed a few easter eggs in the panel:

1: C-One-tan is imitating Red Hat-tan, and her imitations are nearly perfect... Aside from the blue hair, dead green eyes and mechanical ears!

2: They are wearing matching outfits, except for ZX Spectrum-tan (literally, with the clashing colors!) :D

3: PET-chan, Atari DOS-chan and Apple ][-chan are together!

4: The modified Binteeji Renmei logo, modified for their carol group!

5: PET-chan's pet turtle appears

C-Chan

QuoteVery different from what you originally had in mind (all the way back when we were working on this last year) but just as cute as I could imagine- EXTREME LEVELS OF CUTENESS!

Thank you Aurora-hime.  ^___^
I mentioned back-handedly before that I would change this panel, although I didn't explain why.

1) Despite there being more characters in this version, it's actually a lot easier to draw (having a standard and CUTE uniform helps a lot).  ^.^

2) Just having PET-chan, ][-chan and AtariDOS-chan out in the sea didn't quite strike me as appropriate.  Especially on Christmas Eve/Morning, you'd think the Vintage girls would want to spend some quality time together.  

Either way, I think it was for the best cause this scene ends up having a lot more warmth and personality.   ^^

Quote1: C-One-tan is imitating Red Hat-tan, and her imitations are nearly perfect... Aside from the blue hair, dead green eyes and mechanical ears!

Might have noticed that RedHat-san is just the least bit perturbed by it.  ^o^

On a side note, I imagine that C-One's shapeshifting ability has a time limit, although it's dependent on how well the OS-tan she's imitating supports her ability.  She can spend all day imitating any of the Commodore sisters, but only about half an hour as Unix-sama or VMS-sama, and ironically only about a minute or less as any of the Vistans or Leopard-chan.

Quote2: They are wearing matching outfits, except for ZX Spectrum-tan (literally, with the clashing colors!)  

Of course I had to do that eventually.  ^.^
I was debating whether to have her eyes open or closed,... but my own personal fatigue eventually decided that.  ^___^

Quote3: PET-chan, Atari DOS-chan and Apple ][-chan are together!

A very small throwback to the original idea I discussed with you.  ^^

QuotePET-chan's pet turtle appears

Also another throwback to the original idea, as I intended to have him do a flyby around the boat.  LOGO-chan's still appropriate to the scene since he's something of the de facto mascot to the Binteji Renmei.  ^^

Fun Fact:  LOGO-chan, the triangular flying turtle, is actually meant to be an abstract knock-off of Tama-chan, Mitsune's flying baby tortoise from Love Hina.

Here's a little more commentary on the scene:

- ACME-chan hogging the spotlight is kind of a running gag in the series.  You may have noticed she ALWAYS appears whenever any of the Virus-tan reindeer appear.  ^___^'

- ][-chan is holding up the
sensu [=paper fan] she uses for her comedy acts -- so you can imagine that if you listen real carefully, you'll notice that she's embellishing the carol lyrics just a bit.  ^^;

- I had plans to include not only GEOS-tan, Adam-tan and C64-tan, but also make debuts of AcornMOS and Amstrad-tan as well.  Time and space constraints nixed that idea, but imagine instead that they're on the sides and didn't appear in the picture taken (or they're part of a second or third carol troupe).  

- I didn't plan to have EXEC-sama appear originally, but I had to if GENIAC-chan did so (after all, who else would hold her strings so carefully)?  Might also notice that EXEC-sama's hair is literaly all over the place.  ^___^

- Somehow I see GemOS-chan taking a real liking to GENIAC-chan.  ^^

- Big surprise:  Windows 1.0-san loves to cuddle her daughter.  ^___________^'[/list]

Next up is the Dango storyboards, which I hope you'll like.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Thank you Aurora-hime.  ^___^
I mentioned back-handedly before that I would change this panel, although I didn't explain why.

1) Despite there being more characters in this version, it's actually a lot easier to draw (having a standard and CUTE uniform helps a lot).  ^.^
Coincidentally, in my preconcept of the story, I originally intended to have the elves played by an assortment of short OS-tans, a lot of them Vintage-tans! (However none of them were the DOS-tans because sadly I forgot about them back then ;103 Excellent choice on using the DOS-tans as the elves!)

2) Just having PET-chan, ][-chan and AtariDOS-chan out in the sea didn't quite strike me as appropriate.  Especially on Christmas Eve/Morning, you'd think the Vintage girls would want to spend some quality time together.  
The three of them playing in a new boat together would have been cute too, but this scene is more suitable!

Might have noticed that RedHat-san is just the least bit perturbed by it.  ^o^
I noticed but was surprised. Most people I know would probably go "WTF?!?!?!" after seeing a blue-haired doppelganger of themselves!

On a side note, I imagine that C-One's shapeshifting ability has a time limit, although it's dependent on how well the OS-tan she's imitating supports her ability.  She can spend all day imitating any of the Commodore sisters, but only about half an hour as Unix-sama or VMS-sama, and ironically only about a minute or less as any of the Vistans or Leopard-chan.
That's really interesting. I didn't know that she had such limitations. Probably has something to do with the complexity of the OS she is trying to imitate.

A very small throwback to the original idea I discussed with you.  ^^
Clever! ;010

Also another throwback to the original idea, as I intended to have him do a flyby around the boat.  LOGO-chan's still appropriate to the scene since he's something of the de facto mascot to the Binteji Renmei.  ^^

Fun Fact:  LOGO-chan, the triangular flying turtle, is actually meant to be an abstract knock-off of Tama-chan, Mitsune's flying baby tortoise from Love Hina.
I've seen flying pigs, and flying toasters, but never flying turtles! LOGO-chan is very cute too!

- ACME-chan hogging the spotlight is kind of a running gag in the series.  You may have noticed she ALWAYS appears whenever any of the Virus-tan reindeer appear.  ^___^'
She's a cute little attention-mongering egomaniac! :D

I had another idea to add onto the ZS Xmas special, but as an extra I can easily do by myself: Suppose the virus-tans auditioned for the roles of the reindeer, and some of them didn't make the cut! I want to show the rejects' side of the story!

- ][-chan is holding up the sensu [=paper fan] she uses for her comedy acts -- so you can imagine that if you listen real carefully, you'll notice that she's embellishing the carol lyrics just a bit.  ^^;
I knew that was some kind of paper fan, but didn't know what she was using it for! ][-chan is a clever one! ^_^

- I had plans to include not only GEOS-tan, Adam-tan and C64-tan, but also make debuts of AcornMOS and Amstrad-tan as well.  Time and space constraints nixed that idea, but imagine instead that they're on the sides and didn't appear in the picture taken (or they're part of a second or third carol troupe).  
It would have been extra cute to see them too! Still... *Imagines that Adam-tan is next to her rival, ][-chan, committing some holiday shenanigans right out of view* :D

- Somehow I see GemOS-chan taking a real liking to GENIAC-chan.  ^^
Me too! ^_^

- Big surprise:  Windows 1.0-san loves to cuddle her daughter.
Really? I wouldn't have guessed! XD

But of course! Windows 1.0-chan is so sweet and especially loves the last bit of family she has!

The chibi Vintage-tans in the panel are all so adorable but I think 2.0-chan takes the gold for off-the-chart levels of cuteness, closely seconded by GENIAC-chan and PET-chan!

Next up is the Dango storyboards, which I hope you'll like.  ^.^
I am very curious about these Dango storyboards as you said they are not stick figures nor chibis... I can't wait to see them!

C-Chan

QuoteCoincidentally, in my preconcept of the story, I originally intended to have the elves played by an assortment of short OS-tans, a lot of them Vintage-tans! (However none of them were the DOS-tans because sadly I forgot about them back then  Excellent choice on using the DOS-tans as the elves!)

That's funny, though.  This makes the scene an inadvertent throwback to YOUR original idea (I do remember you telling me that).  ^__^

Hope you liked the uniforms.  They're all hand-made.... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the DOS-tans' uniforms were also 'Made With Pride at the Binteji Renmei'.  ^.^

QuoteThat's really interesting. I didn't know that she had such limitations. Probably has something to do with the complexity of the OS she is trying to imitate.

In part yes (she has an easier time with older OS-tans), but how "Closed-Minded" they are weighs in heavily too.  She can last a few hours as Linux-sama's doppleganger, for example -- with a little purple hair dye and some contacts, and she could be useful for MANY things.  ^___^

QuoteI've seen flying pigs, and flying toasters, but never flying turtles! LOGO-chan is very cute too!

Trust me... watch Love Hina, and you'll get sick of them.  TvT

Thanks btw.  ^>^

QuoteI had another idea to add onto the ZS Xmas special, but as an extra I can easily do by myself: Suppose the virus-tans auditioned for the roles of the reindeer, and some of them didn't make the cut! I want to show the rejects' side of the story!

Fufufu!  That would be a cute spin-off.  ^___^

Just remember that some of the General figures were in Quarantine at the time, so they wouldn't have been able to volunteer if they wanted to. ^^

And not knowing them personally, Red Hat-san's choices were a combination of choosing: a) whoever didn't look psychotic, and b) a little "eeney meeney miney moe".  ^____^;

QuoteIt would have been extra cute to see them too! Still... *Imagines that Adam-tan is next to her rival, ][-chan, committing some holiday shenanigans right out of view*  

I was actually hoping to give her doll the same uniform (miniaturized, of course).  ^___^

QuoteThe chibi Vintage-tans in the panel are all so adorable but I think 2.0-chan takes the gold for off-the-chart levels of cuteness, closely seconded by GENIAC-chan and PET-chan!

Don't mean to pick favorites, but.... for me AtariDOS-chan takes the cake.  Seconded by ][-chan, just because I finally drew her cutely.  -v-

QuoteI am very curious about these Dango storyboards as you said they are not stick figures nor chibis... I can't wait to see them!

Fufufu... poor Aurora-hime won't know what hit her.  ^____________^

*cackles, plots and schemes*  ^V^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Hope you liked the uniforms.  They're all hand-made.... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the DOS-tans' uniforms were also 'Made With Pride at the Binteji Renmei'.  ^.^
Their uniforms are very cute!

In part yes (she has an easier time with older OS-tans), but how "Closed-Minded" they are weighs in heavily too.  She can last a few hours as Linux-sama's doppleganger, for example -- with a little purple hair dye and some contacts, and she could be useful for MANY things.  ^___^
With purple hair dye and contacts, C-One-tan can become Unix-sama's doppelganger so she can strike fear into people (whether they be her disobedient daughters, opponents or people who just annoy her) in two places at once! Or C-One-tan as Unix-sama can be used to make Slackware-tan do her bidding (while the real Unix-sama watches from afar) or even better yet...

Have both Unix-sama and C-One-tan imitating Unix-sama, in the same room in the same room with others! Imagine Unix-sama's qualities, all of those doubled! :D

Fufufu!  That would be a cute spin-off.  ^___^

Just remember that some of the General figures were in Quarantine at the time, so they wouldn't have been able to volunteer if they wanted to. ^^

And not knowing them personally, Red Hat-san's choices were a combination of choosing: a) whoever didn't look psychotic, and b) a little "eeney meeney miney moe".  ^____^;
No psychopaths? Uh oh... Really bad timing for me to mention that ANTI-tan was one of the virus-tans who auditioned! 0__0 (and even more disastrous than her audition was the aftermath of her audition!)

I was actually hoping to give her doll the same uniform (miniaturized, of course).  ^___^
That would have been so cute, and a clever detail!

Don't mean to pick favorites, but.... for me AtariDOS-chan takes the cake.  Seconded by ][-chan, just because I finally drew her cutely.  -v-
But I think that your first chibi of her is really cute!

Fufufu... poor Aurora-hime won't know what hit her.  ^____________^

*cackles, plots and schemes*  ^V^
The suspense is agonizing! I must know, I MUST KNOOOOOOW!!

---
I am nearly done with the revamped version of page 5 of the ZS Xmas special, with corrected text!

Bella

I was hoping to get the Binteji Renmei panel completed, but insipration never materialized until now. The end result doesn't feature as many characters as I wanted (I couldn't add GEOS-tan after all, but I think it still makes the point regardless (the point being that the vintage girls ahve a different interpretation of the word "gift"). ^^'

Maybe I'll stop by later to give some more detail, but this is the last Zerosanity XMAS panel that I'm going to draw with any detail. In order to conclude the story before C-Day, I'm thinking of employing what I call "Dango Storyboards" to get an idea of character placement, expressions and dialogue. Should help Aurora-hime finish this comic if she wants to get it completed by Christmas. ^^

Not a lot I can say but...CUTE, CUTE, CUTE.

QuoteThank you Aurora-hime. ^___^

1) Despite there being more characters in this version, it's actually a lot easier to draw (having a standard and CUTE uniform helps a lot). ^.^

2) Just having PET-chan, ][-chan and AtariDOS-chan out in the sea didn't quite strike me as appropriate. Especially on Christmas Eve/Morning, you'd think the Vintage girls would want to spend some quality time together.

Either way, I think it was for the best cause this scene ends up having a lot more warmth and personality. ^^

Didn't hear anything about this panel before, but I like how it came out at any rate.

QuoteMight have noticed that RedHat-san is just the least bit perturbed by it. ^o^

On a side note, I imagine that C-One's shapeshifting ability has a time limit, although it's dependent on how well the OS-tan she's imitating supports her ability. She can spend all day imitating any of the Commodore sisters, but only about half an hour as Unix-sama or VMS-sama, and ironically only about a minute or less as any of the Vistans or Leopard-chan.

A half an hour...as VMS or Unix-sama...?

@_______________@

*dreamy, blank stare*

*snaps out of it*

Wha--huh--? Well, I guess one could be used to pacify eCOS-tan, the other Slack-chan.

QuoteOf course I had to do that eventually. ^.^
I was debating whether to have her eyes open or closed,... but my own personal fatigue eventually decided that. ^___^

Lookin' mighty Hikari-esque, I might add :P

QuoteAlso another throwback to the original idea, as I intended to have him do a flyby around the boat. LOGO-chan's still appropriate to the scene since he's something of the de facto mascot to the Binteji Renmei. ^^

Fun Fact: LOGO-chan, the triangular flying turtle, is actually meant to be an abstract knock-off of Tama-chan, Mitsune's flying baby tortoise from Love Hina.

Flying baby turtle? WFT?!

QuoteHere's a little more commentary on the scene:

- ACME-chan hogging the spotlight is kind of a running gag in the series. You may have noticed she ALWAYS appears whenever any of the Virus-tan reindeer appear. ^___^'

- ][-chan is holding up the sensu [=paper fan] she uses for her comedy acts -- so you can imagine that if you listen real carefully, you'll notice that she's embellishing the carol lyrics just a bit. ^^;

- I had plans to include not only GEOS-tan, Adam-tan and C64-tan, but also make debuts of AcornMOS and Amstrad-tan as well. Time and space constraints nixed that idea, but imagine instead that they're on the sides and didn't appear in the picture taken (or they're part of a second or third carol troupe).

- I didn't plan to have EXEC-sama appear originally, but I had to if GENIAC-chan did so (after all, who else would hold her strings so carefully)? Might also notice that EXEC-sama's hair is literaly all over the place. ^___^

- Somehow I see GemOS-chan taking a real liking to GENIAC-chan. ^^

- Big surprise: Windows 1.0-san loves to cuddle her daughter. ^___________^'

They're all cute, but EXEC-sama, GENIAC-tan, 2.0 and PET-chan...and ACME-tan...are really standing out for me. ][-chan is very mischievous looking, and Lisa-san...seems to want out of there, real quick. ^^'

QuoteI noticed but was surprised. Most people I know would probably go "WTF?!?!?!" after seeing a blue-haired doppelganger of themselves!

I wouldn't mind a blue-haired doppleganger of myself XD

QuoteThat's really interesting. I didn't know that she had such limitations. Probably has something to do with the complexity of the OS she is trying to imitate.

I think it has to do with their power. But then again, VMS and Unix-sama are much more powerful than Leopard or Vistan, and C-One would still have problems emulating them...maybe it does have to do with complexity.

QuoteI had another idea to add onto the ZS Xmas special, but as an extra I can easily do by myself: Suppose the virus-tans auditioned for the roles of the reindeer, and some of them didn't make the cut! I want to show the rejects' side of the story!

Sounds funny. Like the American Idol of Virus-tans XD

[DISCLAIMER] I do NOT watch American Idol. Got it? [\DISCLAIMER]

QuoteHope you liked the uniforms. They're all hand-made.... in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the DOS-tans' uniforms were also 'Made With Pride at the Binteji Renmei'. ^.^

They're adorable, I think. ^^

QuoteIn part yes (she has an easier time with older OS-tans), but how "Closed-Minded" they are weighs in heavily too. She can last a few hours as Linux-sama's doppleganger, for example -- with a little purple hair dye and some contacts, and she could be useful for MANY things. ^___^

Ahhhhh, I see...so the OS-tan she's emulating must allow her to do so? Or...does it actually have to do with the status of their DNA? (IOW, being open-sourced vs. closed-source?)

QuoteDon't mean to pick favorites, but.... for me AtariDOS-chan takes the cake. Seconded by ][-chan, just because I finally drew her cutely. -v-

Don't be crazy, that original chibi you drew of her was very cute :3

QuoteWith purple hair dye and contacts, C-One-tan can become Unix-sama's doppelganger so she can strike fear into people (whether they be her disobedient daughters, opponents or people who just annoy her) in two places at once! Or C-One-tan as Unix-sama can be used to make Slackware-tan do her bidding (while the real Unix-sama watches from afar) or even better yet...

Have both Unix-sama and C-One-tan imitating Unix-sama, in the same room in the same room with others! Imagine Unix-sama's qualities, all of those doubled!

All those Unix-sama's might give Slack-chan fatal anemia from having a really bad nosebleed...

*lighbulb pops on*

Ahhhhha! Now I see the Goddess's plan...hehehee...

QuoteNo psychopaths? Uh oh... Really bad timing for me to mention that ANTI-tan was one of the virus-tans who auditioned! 0__0 (and even more disastrous than her audition was the aftermath of her audition!)

Sounds just like some American Idol auditions...not that I've EVER sat though an episode. No sir.