FOSA Lite

Started by C-Chan, June 11, 2008, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Very nice work Aurora! I have a bit of a penchant for drawing braids, so I can help out there, as well as doing a more detail overall.

QuoteI hate you.

*looks around*

WHU? Me?! O__O

*Your proper response would be, "no, the mouse in your shirt pocket. YES YOU!"*

Added after 49 seconds:

Oh wow, when I just downloaded the SVG, I saw it come up one layer at a time. Freaky @___@

C-Chan

Thank you very much you two for staying on top of this.  The pair is looking lovelier by the minute.  ^.^

I'm sorry to report that my "vacation" has ended up looking almost like a real vacation, with 40% less work than forecasted.  @__@
Granted there was some nice delicious work, but mainly gardening and drawing a few things for my brother's next work.  ^^

That means no bouquet or BSD-tans... *C-chan downgrades to level of dirt*... but never fear, as that doesn't mean I won't do either of these.  Just means I'll post them up during the weekdays.  ^___^

In the meantime, I need to wrap up my brief resting period so I'll have to call it a day.  I do look forward to my inevitable return and bucket-loads of responses -- clearly there's quite a lot to talk about.  ^^

C ya!  ^v^

*C-chan trots off*

PS: Oh, and K-Horror RULES!!!  ^-^

Bella

Hey, C-Chan! Good to see you. K-Horror, though? Is this the scariest KDE app ever or what...?

Oh yeah, added some detail and stuff...

[attachment deleted by admin]

C-Chan

Nah, that would be "KHorror"; no KDE app has hyphens.  
Silly Bella, tricks are for kids.....  ^__^

Like it's counterpart "J-Horror", K-Horror is short for Korean horror movies. which also shares the same appreciation for subtle, creepy imagery and a very frugal (and thus realistic) use of special effects.  I watched The Ghost, Epitaph and Red Shoes, and although not a horror film per se, I also watched "The Host", which is by far the most intelligent monster movie I've seen.  @v@

Ironically, I considered the Thai horror movie "Shutter" to be the scariest cream of the crop bar none, despite its lower budget and the far more... shall we say "acceptive" cultural position on ghosts.  Sometimes a movie is so masterfully-made, it transcends boundaries on what SHOULD be a tried-and-true formula.   ^^

But enough about horror stuff,... I'm here to drool and by the bucket-full!  ^V^

*drools*

In any event, I'll work on the bouquet tonight to compliment all the nice fixings you two have added to the picture.  A heartfelt thank you to you both for your hard work!  ^^

Quote*Your proper response would be, "no, the mouse in your shirt pocket. YES YOU!"*

Admittedly, you are the first girl I know who lets rodents live on her.  ^___^;

Well okay, excluding Amiga-sama and Amy-chan.  ^___________^;

Added after 6 hours 51 minutes:

And DONE!

Drop in replacement for the hairpin bouquet is ready.  ^___^

Bella

Ooooh, nice bouquet! I shall add this to the picture ASAP

QuoteNah, that would be "KHorror"; no KDE app has hyphens.
Silly Bella, tricks are for kids..... ^__^

Like it's counterpart "J-Horror", K-Horror is short for Korean horror movies. which also shares the same appreciation for subtle, creepy imagery and a very frugal (and thus realistic) use of special effects. I watched The Ghost, Epitaph and Red Shoes, and although not a horror film per se, I also watched "The Host", which is by far the most intelligent monster movie I've seen. @v@

Ironically, I considered the Thai horror movie "Shutter" to be the scariest cream of the crop bar none, despite its lower budget and the far more... shall we say "acceptive" cultural position on ghosts. Sometimes a movie is so masterfully-made, it transcends boundaries on what SHOULD be a tried-and-true formula. ^^

But enough about horror stuff,... I'm here to drool and by the bucket-full! ^V^

Ah, I see. I'll admit the closest things to J-Horror I've seen are the American remakes of The Ring and Ring 2 ^////^

I'm not a huge horror fan, though; my idea of a great horror move is Shawn of the Dead XD

QuoteAdmittedly, you are the first girl I know who lets rodents live on her. ^___^;

Well okay, excluding Amiga-sama and Amy-chan. ^___________^;

Wha? I thought everybody had a trusty pet rodent!

NejinOniwa

QuoteWha? I thought everybody had a trusty pet rodent!
If I had one, it'd be eaten ._.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Lesse, I added some more detail to Amiga and ME-tan, added bouquet.

And Nejin, I see the puppy's still giving you trouble, eh...?

NejinOniwa

Tell me about it. -.- What kind of vacation is this anyway!? >:|

Well she's been getting her act up a bit recently, though, so I guess she's learning the ropes a bit. But there's still a loooong way to go >.<

C-Chan

QuoteI'm not a huge horror fan, though; my idea of a great horror move is Shawn of the Dead XD

Hey, that's actually MY kinda movie too. ^.^
I forgot what the second movie was called, but I thought Black Sheep was kinda along the same lines as that genre.  ^___^

QuoteWha? I thought everybody had a trusty pet rodent!

Uh-oh,... a certain very "bella" lady is going to need a rabies vaccination.... ^_______________^;

QuoteIf I had one, it'd be eaten ._.

And someone else seems to have just finished watching Battlfield Earth... @__@'

*shudders*

QuoteLesse, I added some more detail to Amiga and ME-tan, added bouquet.

Doth not this incredible edible Bella-hime know no bounds?!  ^__^

Aside from looking like one Hot Mama, I think the new bouquet really works, don't you?  ^.^

That's it, I'm starting the Mini-making process effective immediately.  VMS-sama first, only because i've yet to hear from Aurora-hime on the matter.  ^^

Although I'll probably default to AtariTOS-tan, since she just drew her.  ^^

QuoteWell she's been getting her act up a bit recently, though, so I guess she's learning the ropes a bit. But there's still a loooong way to go >.<

I wonder myself what my feisty, crazy "Queen of Shiba" would've been like when she was a puppy.  If she's a handful now....  ^^;

C-Chan

Well, as promised in another thread, it's time to consider a restart of the Zerosanity XMas Special -- it literally stopped somewhere past midway through the story.  ^^;

So why am I posting it here?  Cause it seems like the perfect candidate for open design.  ^___^

In any event, my first post is Page 5, Panes 9 and 10, the raw sketch versions.  Aurora-hime finished sketching Page 9, but I believe Page 10 is still untouched.  During the weekend I'll begin work on Page 6, Pane 11 if all goes well.  Admittedly went a little overboard with the detail in Page 5, so will try to tone it down again.  ^___^'

Bella

QuoteUh-oh,... a certain very "bella" lady is going to need a rabies vaccination.... ^_______________^;

Hey if I haven't been bushwhacked by a rabid raccoon in all my years as a forest-dweller, I don't think a mouse is gonna get me XD

QuoteDoth not this incredible edible Bella-hime know no bounds?! ^__^

Aside from looking like one Hot Mama, I think the new bouquet really works, don't you? ^.^

Yeah, excellent work on the bouquet!

QuoteI wonder myself what my feisty, crazy "Queen of Shiba" would've been like when she was a puppy. If she's a handful now.... ^^;

Ah, so you adopted? Both of my babies were bought as puppies. When they were brought home, they were the size of guinea pigs ^_^

QuoteWell, as promised in another thread, it's time to consider a restart of the Zerosanity XMas Special -- it literally stopped somewhere past midway through the story. ^^;

So why am I posting it here? Cause it seems like the perfect candidate for open design. ^___^

In any event, my first post is Page 5, Panes 9 and 10, the raw sketch versions. Aurora-hime finished sketching Page 9, but I believe Page 10 is still untouched. During the weekend I'll begin work on Page 6, Pane 11 if all goes well. Admittedly went a little overboard with the detail in Page 5, so will try to tone it down again. ^___^'

Oh wow, I'm downloading this and taking a looksie...I doubt I'll do any work on it, though; collaborating would be quite hard with the scant internet access and all....

C-Chan

Alrighty!  As promised to Aurora-hime ENDLESSLY for the past couple of weeks, I've now begun work on Panel 11 of the revived Zerosanity XMAS special.  Given we're already in August, I reckon you can say I'm getting a head-start on NEXT Christmas.  ^^;

Currently have only one panel done, but it's one of those overly-detailed ones that I have to remember to stop doing (just couldn't help myself, too inspired...).

It features 80% Aurora-hime characters, with Mugshot-tan bawling her eyes out because she received an alarm clock for Christmas.  This, and her antler ears (the same ones the virus-tans are using) are small tributes to Aurora-hime's FIRST Christmas picture, which had Mugshot-tan as the reindeer.  She was supposed to resume her role this year, but... apparently... overslept.  ^____^;

Then we have FOOBIES-chan somewhat wasted on egg nog (another nod to Aurora-hime's first XMAS pic), wearing an underwire brassiere on he head, but otherwise just being herself.  ^V^;

Meanwhile, TotalfFark-tan, the owner of the hot dog stand they're in, is busy gorging herself on a giant bottle of mustard that Santa graciously left her.  It's a shame I couldn't really capture her height, or make the same kind of mess that Aurora and I planned for that panel -- but I think it makes the point cleanly and cutely that she's.... perhaps.... not all right upstairs.  ^.^

And if you're wondering why the two OSR sisters are in a hot dog stand during the wee hours of the morning.... Best bet is not to ask.  ^^;
All you should know is that TotalFark-tan asked them to hold on to her placards while she feasted.  Rather than file a complaint to the local food and safety department, OSR 2.5-sama has opted to use the same placards to express being grossed out.  But OSR 2.1-sama, ever the sweet, curious soul, is more fascinated by the never-ending pile of placards instead.  ^___^

NejinOniwa

C-Chan...do you need a vacation or something? >_>

Wait. Sorry. My mistake, vacation won't cure this stuff.
DAMN YOU STEEEEVEEEEE

Aurora Borealis

HAHAHAHAHA! On my GAWD that is just TOO FUNNY!  ;027 Your really gave this your 100+%

The "To Sleepyhead" tag on Mugshot-tan's present is an excellent touch! (Although Red Hat-tan should have waken her up in time on the first place but I guess she forgot too!) And I see you remembered the Xmas picture I drew in 2006, although it is sooooooooo outdated by now! ^^;

Foobies-tan and TotalFark-tan are both simply hilarious and I like OSR 2.5-tan's reaction! (Incidentally, there is a "Sick" tag on Fark, although it is in grey) OSR 2.1-tan curiously looking at all of the placards is very cute!

C-Chan

QuoteC-Chan...do you need a vacation or something? >_>

Wait. Sorry. My mistake, vacation won't cure this stuff.

BWAHAHA!  Trust me, vacations for me are just a few degrees shy of regular work days.  TvT'

QuoteHAHAHAHAHA! On my GAWD that is just TOO FUNNY!  Your really gave this your 100+%

More like 70% really.  If I gave it 100%, I would've had it shaded too.   ^^;

But I know you wanted to do that last time -- besides, I'd rather just get the story moving along.  I'm trying to brainstorm ways to shorten the original ending even more.  In fact, I'm gearing towards having Fedora-chan be a little more... shall we say, "proactive".  ^.^

QuoteThe "To Sleepyhead" tag on Mugshot-tan's present is an excellent touch! (Although Red Hat-tan should have waken her up in time on the first place but I guess she forgot too!)

Nope,... she's just a hardcore business woman, that's all.  ^__^
And in business, the "You Snooze, You Lose" rule still applies, more so for the subordinates.  ^^'

QuoteAnd I see you remembered the Xmas picture I drew in 2006, although it is sooooooooo outdated by now! ^^;

True that,...
But regardless, it's still history in the making.  ^___^

So....

REPOST!!!!  ^V^

QuoteFoobies-tan and TotalFark-tan are both simply hilarious and I like OSR 2.5-tan's reaction! (Incidentally, there is a "Sick" tag on Fark, although it is in grey)

FIXED!!!  ^v^
I love SVGs.... ^.^

QuoteOSR 2.1-tan curiously looking at all of the placards is very cute!

Thank you.  ^__^
Not sure if those tags exist in Fark or not ("Hungry", "Happy", "Psycho", etc) -- if you can find out, let me know so I can get the right colors. ^^

Also, this wasn't really what I had in mind when I said I wanted to draw OSR 2.1-sama, but at least it's a good placeholder while I get the rest of the comic done. After that,... who knows... maybe I'll.... "extend" my OSR 2.5-sama portraiture.  ^.^

BTW, did you get the Weeners reference?  ^____^