Eric Schwartz "Still Alive" tribute animation to Amiga

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, May 18, 2008, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I've been watching this thread carefully as the arguments were steering dangerously close to the flamewar zone.
I don't think it's a problem anymore, I won't reply any further.

QuoteBut I'll also take this time to say that I have watched the "Still Alive" animation and I think it is pretty funny and the animation was nicely done. Thought the song was cool too.
The song is amazing, it's more amazing if you play the game before you hear it though.

NejinOniwa

QuoteI've been watching this thread carefully as the arguments were steering dangerously close to the flamewar zone.
That's why I went in to loosen it up a bit. I saw that it was getting a bit too /b/ at the end, and you guys got in before I got to call it quits. But that's the way it goes, MODS=MODS and so on, haha.

Still Alive...?
I need to learn how to play that thing. Rawr.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"alright, seems both of you hopped off the path and wandered off into the wild blue yonder back there somewhere. Please turn around and attempt to find the path again...

...then again dont.  Since before it was just arguing back and forth over the same trivial stuff.
Honestly I didn't intend to make it a flamewar, neither I suspected it could become one when I first calmly replied. I don't understand why I'm considered equally guilty.

If discussing equals flaming then OK, I will avoid that in the future.

QuoteThat's why I went in to loosen it up a bit. I saw that it was getting a bit too /b/ at the end, and you guys got in before I got to call it quits. But that's the way it goes, MODS=MODS and so on, haha.
Actually I let it go the second I saw that reply, it had gotten way too pointless.
The mods (and you) arrived AFTER I stepped back.

And yes I know you are joking but frankly I don't know if I'm able to communicate anymore, seems to me that nobody else noticed I tried to be as polite as possible.

Aurora Borealis

I understand that the almost-flamewar was not intentional or expected at all. I am not completely sure how it happened but some things (and the way they were said) were probably taken the wrong way on multiple occasions. (hopefully no offense to anyone)

At least this possible flamewar was ended in a truce before either mod needed to use the heavy artillery!

NejinOniwa

TL;DR - Shit sux, go away, RAGE, etc.

Letting this sleep, then.

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"At least this possible flamewar was ended in a truce before either mod needed to use the heavy artillery!

Quotetruce before either mod needed to use the heavy artillery!

Quoteheavy artillery!

Bella

QuoteITT: YOU JUST

I lol'd, seriously XD

Yay! Flamewar averted!

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "iDarbert"OK, there's no point in arguing with you. Even answering politely doesn't prevent you from being so arrogant and you don't even try to understand what one actually means, so have fun replying to things I've never said.

Arrogant? Au contraire.

You perceived me as arrogant, just because you are reading written words, and not listening spoken words, so you can't hear the sound and the intonation in it.

Internet written communications often suffer of this joke...

Do you said I did not understand what you want to mean?

Then please would you be so kind to explain better your statements?

I perceived it as an attack (with some sarcasm in the end, when you made some innuendo about the existence of some Amiga browsers) so I was enough kind to answer you the more polite I could, indicating you the actual situation and the software we have.

Didn't seem to me to being off-topic.
I just answered exactly the things you said.

I actually wrote answers for all that but you know what? You would think I'm a moron anyway, so why should I bother trying to change your mind? Considering your other contributions to this forum it's probably for the best, it was my mistake to answer you on the first place.

Now things got complicated...

These lines you wrote, really are very hard for me to understand... Can you repeat it in italian? So maybe I can follow your thoughts...

This passage it is the worst to understand...

Quoteso why should I bother trying to change your mind?

I read it and read it again and seems strange to me either in english, or translating it in italian...

Because if you start a discussion trying to evangelize someone... Or even trying to change someone else's mind on the internet, then you started a discussion with the wrong footstep...

If you believe you started this discussion with the precise intent to change with a sort of ease my apprecciation in my platform of reference, that is based upon firm arguments, and upon a precise choice of reason, then you started this discussion with some kind of ingenuity and childish behaviour. Don't you think so?

But I could be wrong about the sense of your statements, and it could be just a wrong impression of mine about your behaviour...

If you have some doubts, or believe I am joking with you then contact me in private messages, so we can start a stream of consciousness in our native language and avoid misunderstandings.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"ITT: YOU JUST

LOST???  o_o

What a lame TV Serial and game...  ;014

No seriously, this LOST serial never raised in me any appeal (and I am a person who likes science fiction)...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

iDarbert

NejinOniwa

Is this a troll...?
I hope so, because I fear for the other alternative. O_o

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Is this a troll...?
I hope so, because I fear for the other alternative. O_o
Hm? Sorry I didn't quite understand, was it something I said?

Bella

*Shuffles in...*

QuoteLOST???

What a lame TV Serial and game...

No seriously, this LOST serial never raised in me any appeal (and I am a person who likes science fiction)...

Waaaaaahh! You just broke a Lostie's heart here :P

No really, it is one of those show that's impossible to understand if you don't watch from the beginning of the season, or even the series, and difficult to like if you can't suspend your sense of reality.

That said, I do think that it's one of those few perfect shows for me ;)

*Shuffles out*

NejinOniwa

QuoteHm? Sorry I didn't quite understand, was it something I said?
Oh, sorry, no. I forgot quoting Rafa there, that's what I was talking about.

And like, Bella-san, don't feed the trolls please... ^-^;

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
QuoteHm? Sorry I didn't quite understand, was it something I said?
Oh, sorry, no. I forgot quoting Rafa there, that's what I was talking about.
Oh, no problem :D

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "iDarbert"Aaaw, please.
*flicks cigarrette*

Forgive me, but if this is your attitude, and you refuse to explain yourself, you just revealed you are nothing than a troll.

I answered your questions, but as a counter-answer you claim me of arrogance, pretending you want to change my mind (???)  ;014 , and continued attacking me without explain why all this hate.

Unfortunately I lost my precious time with you believing I could have a civil discussion, and believing you were a polite and open minded person capable to sustain such a discussion without prejudices.

But seems clear now that you prefer your cigarettes rather than continuing a civil discussion, this shows you are full of prejudices and presumptuousness.

So this is my decision:

I will not bother you anymore and I hope sincerely that you will not bother me anymore, or commenting my threads.

My future attitude regarding you will be oriented to a complete ignoring that you exist. That's all.

[It is intended that if you will start threads attacking without reason my platform of choice, then you will receive proper replies.]

Best regards,

Raffaele
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]