Eric Schwartz "Still Alive" tribute animation to Amiga

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, May 18, 2008, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

Cheers.
*flicks cigarrette*

Let's do a quick overview of this thread, shall we? It all began when I said I didn't like the video (not on the premise that I don't like Amiga but because it abused GLaDOS and Still Alive - which by the way was meant to some kind of joke, a sarcastic remark), and what you understood is that I dislike Amiga (despite my attempts to clarify I don't), and overiterated the fact that you don't care that I don't like it.
I asked you out of pure curiosity what browser you use and you understood I was taunting with "AH AH THERE'S NO SOFTWARE FOR AMIGA!" (you clearly said that in a reply in wich you defined it as sarcasm).
I pointed out that despite the fact that the platform still exists it was not the success it could have been and you understood I was yet again implying it failed because it sucked (you stressed the fact that it's a niche with a lot of faithful users, which implies you believe I don't think it's no good).
So on this basis I am just a troll, interesting theory. I guess that by trolling you mean refusing to further discuss with someone who has proven not to listen to you then yes, I am a troll and I'm proud of it.

I enjoy debates and such as an interesting way to exchange opinions but this is not discussing, you make no effort to understand me at all and on top of that you accuse me to do the same while so I'm not "discussing" any further.
Coward? Maybe, but I'd rather use MY "precious time" doing something else.

You started this whole mess, as it began with me not enjoying the video, you acting like it was hurting your feelings and somehow it also became some kind of "you hate Amiga and you are wrong" kind of discussion, with you lecturing me on how Amiga is not dead and I'm an ignorant for not knowing anothing other than worldwide known software.

By the way since you asked me twice (and I don't want to be rude by ignoring a sincere question) by "changing your mind" I don't mean "I'm trying to make you understand Amiga sucks and I failed", I meant "I'm trying to make you understand I'm not against Amiga, this is all a misunderstanding on your part".

So there it is, I defended myself against these (in my opinion) injust accusations and I will grant your wish and ignore you from now on if that's what you really want.

QuoteBest regards,
You can skip the etiquette monsieur (just playing the role of the Spy here), it doesn't really helps making you polite after you called me a troll.

To the rest of the community: I apologise for answering him once more thus keeping the flames alive but being accused like this is just ridicolous, I had to reply to at least a bunch of this accusations.
I understand this forum is no place for this kind of things, and I'll desist from falling into such situations once again. I just hope you understand my need to answer one last time.

NejinOniwa

ITT: Cancer? On my /osc/? Am I becoming an oldfag already?

Also, TL;DR of above post: NOBODY HATES YOU, NOBODY THINK YOUR OPERATIVE SYSTEM SUCKS, ETC. (unless, of course, you use Vista or a Mac, but let's not get into that), NOBODY UNDERSTANDS EACH OTHER. Fail thread is full of fail, let's not let it spill over to the rest of the forums, shall we?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"ITT: Cancer? On my /osc/? Am I becoming an oldfag already?

Also, TL;DR of above post: NOBODY HATES YOU, NOBODY THINK YOUR OPERATIVE SYSTEM SUCKS, ETC. (unless, of course, you use Vista or a Mac, but let's not get into that), NOBODY UNDERSTANDS EACH OTHER. Fail thread is full of fail, let's not let it spill over to the rest of the forums, shall we?
Heh, sorry 'bout that but I had to reply one last time, I really had to.
Thanks for summing it up by the way, My appreciation, amigo..

Aurora Borealis

So the conflict really was from a series of misunderstandings. Thank you for clarifying everything, iDarbert. I hope that message of yours will allow the conflict between you and Raffaele to be resolved for the better.

Given how much conflict there is in this thread, should it stay open (in case there are others that really want to discuss the original topic)?

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"So the conflict really was from a series of misunderstandings. Thank you for clarifying everything, iDarbert. I hope that message of yours will allow the conflict between you and Raffaele to be resolved for the better.
I'm not too positive on this but we'll see.

QuoteGiven how much conflict there is in this thread, should it stay open (in case there are others that really want to discuss the original topic)?
Closing it now would prevent Raffaele from "defending" himself (I don't really want this to shift to Private Messages) so personally I wouldn't do it but you are the moderator so I'll have to leave that decision up to you.

Right now I have no wish to discuss with him either personally or in this thread so whatever happens there will not be anymore drama in this thread.

CaptBrenden

Actually, you two should have stopped "Defending yourselves"  when we first said knock it off.  I relize that you may have been "calm" this whole time, but I think common sence should have  made you relaize your comments were not being taken in a good light and you should have cut your losses then instead of "clearifying" them and making it worse.  The "disscussion" bearly seemed civil to me and others watching, and was escelating with each "defending" post.  

Anyhow, Im off on a tangent there.  Let me get across the point Im trying to make:

IF EITHER of you continue this dissagreement in public further, hammers will come down.  This has gone beyond civil discussion as far as im concerned and is detramental to the atmosphere of the forum. Civil discussions dont consist of personal attacks and melicious sarcasum.

For cripes sake, just cus someone doesnt like what you like, dont get freaking butt hurt and offended by it. Fuck.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "iDarbert"Cheers.
*flicks cigarrette*

Let's do a quick overview of this thread, shall we? It all began when I said I didn't like the video (not on the premise that I don't like Amiga but because it abused GLaDOS and Still Alive - which by the way was meant to some kind of joke, a sarcastic remark),

I hope we both misunderstood, but seems to me that you exagerated right now...

To be honest, I didn't see any joke in your words...

What I told you?

I told you to not take this video seriously...  It was just a joke not an abuse, but you answered you did not see any humor in it...

I did not see a relaxed person here answering a joke, I saw just a person offended that someone abused some games (famous or obscure games, I do not care)...

and what you understood is that I dislike Amiga (despite my attempts to clarify I don't), and overiterated the fact that you don't care that I don't like it.

I do not care if you don't like it or not, I just said that we are still alive, but you insisted, and being malicious...

Here:

Well, it used to be a good mainstream platform actually, but didn't play out quite well in the end.
It is kind of a hobby NOW but you know, there are plenty of people who use the Amiga as their everyday machine and I think it's wonderful but to actually believe that "we're comin' back" bullshit is just ridicolous.

I asked you out of pure curiosity what browser you use and you understood I was taunting with "AH AH THERE'S NO SOFTWARE FOR AMIGA!" (you clearly said that in a reply in wich you defined it as sarcasm).

So it seemed... as you pointed it in an edit...

And you do not asked me what browser I am using, but what I am using just on Amiga.

QuoteEDIT: By the way, I'm curious... what web browser do you use on your Amiga?

As being written after that "bullshit" it could be interpreted as being malicious...

"Do you have any browser on Amiga???" "are you enough advanced?"

If you did not wrote that "bullshit" some lines before, then maybe I could had interpreted your words in a more polite sense...

And I shown you we have some different browsers, but honestly saying that the names of these software could gives you no clues, as completely unknown to you...

I just pointed the software we have, any person uses the software he wants.

I hope I was enough honest.

And to be precise I do not like to answer what software I use on any platform, I just indicated what softwae we use in general...

But if you like so badly to know it, I prefer to use on my Pegasos machine these two: "AWeb" and "Sputnik" amongst any other Amiga software.

I pointed out that despite the fact that the platform still exists it was not the success it could have been and you understood I was yet again implying it failed because it sucked (you stressed the fact that it's a niche with a lot of faithful users, which implies you believe I don't think it's no good).

Maybe if you had measured your words, i had not misinterpreted you.

"bullshit" is a very strong word in english, more and more than italian, and I got some prevention when I spotted it...

You started this whole mess, as it began with me not enjoying the video, you acting like it was hurting your feelings and somehow it also became some kind of "you hate Amiga and you are wrong" kind of discussion, with you lecturing me on how Amiga is not dead and I'm an ignorant for not knowing anothing other than worldwide known software.

I said just it is an humor video, and the invite was to make a smile, rather than claiming abusing musics of Role Playing Games...

QuoteBy the way since you asked me twice (and I don't want to be rude by ignoring a sincere question) by "changing your mind" I don't mean "I'm trying to make you understand Amiga sucks and I failed", I meant "I'm trying to make you understand I'm not against Amiga, this is all a misunderstanding on your part".

So why you had not explained it in your previous comment, instead of simply saying you were "flicking cigaRettes"?

Now how I could consider you???

Nice try, but too late...???  ;018
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

CaptBrenden

Raff... Maybe you missunderstood me.. but what I said applied to you as well.   STAND THE FUCK BY.  I dont feel like playing these games with you two.

iDarbert

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I dont feel like playing these games with you two.
Neither do I.

NejinOniwa

Yep, it's definitely malignant. Lazors charged and at the ready.

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Yep, it's definitely malignant. Lazors charged and at the ready.
"NOEZ I WUNT 2 LIV!!"

NejinOniwa

So, apparently, Cancer is the cure for Cancer. Who would've thought that.

And please don't start this again, because Capslock ain't as easy-going as I am (also has the b&!hammer), and I'm off now. So for your own good...

SAGE GOES IN EMAIL FIELD

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"So, apparently, Cancer is the cure for Cancer. Who would've thought that.
More like misdiagnosed cancer, trust me.

QuoteAnd please don't start this again, because Capslock ain't as easy-going as I am (also has the b&!hammer), and I'm off now. So for your own good...
No wish to do so.

QuoteSAGE GOES IN EMAIL FIELD
[/quote]
Let's have cake instead! It's so delicious and moist.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CaptBrenden

iDarbert

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Now you guys are off topic :P GOBK2TOPIKLSSTRD
Wasn't the topic about Still Alive?
GLaDOS in on topic.