Spammers Ho

Started by NejinOniwa, May 06, 2008, 03:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

Agreed, and that was my original idea, but the problem would be making sure all questions were equally as secure. Otherwise the bot could just try until it gets a weak challenge. That said, it would not be too hard to add to the code once it was written, so it would probably be a feature worth adding.

But in the interest of the academic pursuit of the best answer, what other mechanisms could we use?
-Tsu

Nichi

I remember one site I joined years ago asked you a series of randomly-chosen questions involving the community (The site in question was about prototype video games, so it'd ask questions involving those). We could probably come up with something

Chocofreak13

but people join here to learn about os-tans. we can't ask questions about them, since it might scare off potential members.

i still like the idea of identifying something on a screencap of the landing page. if we set it to take a fresh screencap for each registering member, then the answer to the question changes every time.
click to make it bigger

Tsubashi

Well, if the questions were simple things that they could go look up on the site easily enough it would be okay, but the main problem I see is exactly the point you made: static vs. dynamic. While the set of questions would be randomized, there are a finite number of them, and they would require human interaction to update and revise. The modified captcha idea, however, is much more dynamic because it uses inherently random data as a seed (forum activity) and is therefore (theoretically) capable of infinite combinations.

In summary, the randomized quiz is a more certain method, but costs more in maintainability in terms of human interaction.

What else?
-Tsu

Chocofreak13

i don't think it would be that hard to do. maybe hard to code, but not hard to answer. for example:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/Chocofreak13/oscscreencap.jpg

How many gallery redirects are there in this picture?
How many wiki redirects?
Who has posted in the most topics pictured?
Which sections do not have new posts?
Who had the last post in General Chat? What topic was it in?
Who had the last post in General Anime and Manga? What topic was it in?
(repeat for other sections pictured)
How many posts are in [insert section here]?
How many sections have new posts? How many do not?
How many topics are in [insert section here]?

etc.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I found a spambot. Actually, the first one in a while it seems:

Not only is its signature an ad for a DS flash cart, but its post in this topic literally copies part of one of Pit's posts in this topic. For reference, the post that was partially copied

Chocofreak13

the brainless clod even got an avatar. dunno if it makes them look like they're trying harder, or if it's just more fail. (i'm leaning towards the latter.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My spambot senses are tingling...

This spambot's signature is an ad for steroids; why, exactly, they'd think that would be something we're interested in, I don't know

Pitkin

Didn't sell too well, those steroids. Deleted.

Bella

Why do the spammers think we'll be interested in hats, knockoff electronics or handbags? Because they're idiots, is why.

Thanks for knocking down another one, Pitkin-sama. ^^

Pitkin

Idiots? Don't know about that, I'd just say that either the spammers' advertising campaign hasn't been customised enough for us, or that all of us are to-be steroid-ragers in more or less cool hats and don't just know it yet.

Bella

Quote from: Pitkin on March 25, 2012, 11:39:55 AM
Idiots? Don't know about that, I'd just say that either the spammers' advertising campaign hasn't been customised enough for us, or that all of us are to-be steroid-ragers in more or less cool hats and don't just know it yet.

Thank you for giving me my first laughed-so-hard-I'm-glad-I-didn't-have-coffee-in-my-mouth-at-the-moment moment of the day. XD

Chocofreak13

don't forget the handbags, electronics, and i believe we've had some for plastic surgery.

so we're going to be body builders in cool hats with flashy handbags and huge lips, all on ipads.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, we're now getting Japanese spambots :\

A translation of what they said in the first topic:
It's really long-winded ^_^;;: ShowHide
Quote from: Spambot #2401You can seal wax why?
Sealant and wax seal provides a valuable protection of both, increasing the brilliance of the paint of your car. Wax, which has been the dominant form of protection for a long time, they have been replaced by a new synthetic sealant. Sealants, wax, both of superior products, the difference between them, know you can choose what product or combination of them most suitable product for other credit card cash there that.
Wax are made from the properties found in nature, such as carnauba wax mainly. Wax, the more sensitive, we have a molecule of water seal discount their fine them to the heat than the sealing material. Clear coat temperature reached 125 at a time - the water in the wax of 200 degrees will begin evaporation, the wax is to leave the paint without protection, will melt. If the wax is melted, it can contaminate the software becomes, to resolve the wax in the air. Pollutant is cooled wax will have the ability to become trapped in wax. 14 weeks - natural wax will protect your car from the two in general. You are it will melt quickly continuously if you apply the wax to the car of a dark color, seal carving hand it was allowed to stand in direct sunlight, If you want to store it in a garage with a car of bright colors, You can get up to three months of protection.
Sealant is done in the lab to create a polymer seal sealant selling basically, resin, acrylic resin, artificial characteristics, and the like, it usually takes a polymer to reduce the presence of water and other unwanted elements remove the property by, do not want to add shine and protection of the expression has more than one. The sealant will start to melt at several hundred degrees, but followed by 3 - 12 months. Sealant is resistant to harsh elements and abrasions much more natural in general. When you apply a sealant to your car, to give maximum protection for mail order bank mark of winter it would be ideal.
Sealant, you can add a great shine, make you feel the surface very smooth. After you apply the sealant on the right from time to time, moisture from the sheet surface is smooth so that it does not really up to the beads. Sealants tend to be very reflective. Sealant, if you provide a great shine and superior protection seal luck like this, Why would you use a wax that is why everyone? Wax, which provides the appearance of visible deep deep gloss paint endlessly in general. Hanko luck this look is called "Hard Candy" or "wet" often, it looks beautiful when you're done right. In general pure carnauba wax, has been used to seal possible to generate a deep shine and give this effect. It should be eye-catching their car, when car manufacturers to display a new model, they often apply the coats of carnauba wax.
Now we founded the company seal, the form of protection, you will need to evaluate the most appropriate for the owner of the vehicle so. We If you are using the driver of every day is recommended that you apply a sealant to make sure that there is a strong protective layer for several months that you should come. You have a vehicle being driven you can use the carnauba wax just mail order a seal hole on a regular basis, or the case of (at least once a month) your car on a regular basis the details. In normal applications, and optical drive and / or carnauba wax, give the necessary protection and shine corporation seal you need. Have the best of both worlds on the Court of sealant from a layer of carnauba wax. This is a glossy appearance with a rich glow of show wax for your car, to give permanent protection of the sealant.
We have this information, we hope seal discount to help you understand the difference between a good wax, sealant, and between them. Please read, thank you.

EDIT: Holy mother of fuck; two more topics from this guy >_<;;

Bella

It's made three threads already....

motherofgod.jpg