OS Accademy

Started by iDarbert, April 19, 2008, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerain

WOW. You drew all that? You're a great artist. A hand sketcher right?

Added after 1 minutes:

I have a dA account(deviantART) and I've done some quick paint sketches. Actually I'm a hand sketcher but I don't have a scanner. >_<
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Smokey

Hey, a new member....

Be a good member and report to the introduction thread now for a welcome...!

Forums quiet, so i'll be able to welcome you first and keep my record up... :D
(i've started to make welcoming new members first a sport... in a bored moment, i can think up weird stuff... :D)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

iDarbert

Quote from: "icerain"A hand sketcher right?
Right, pen mostly - pencil leaves light reflective mark.

Smokey

Quote from: "iDarbert"Right, pen mostly - pencil leaves light reflective mark.

Points are awarded for taking in account how a scanner works and adjusting to it instead of blaming innocent hardware... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

C-Chan

QuoteI have a dA account(deviantART) and I've done some quick paint sketches. Actually I'm a hand sketcher but I don't have a scanner. >_<

Ah cute, a new visitor who's either an eComStation-tan fan or an eComStation user.  I'm praying it's both.  ^^

BTW iDarbert, that was some pretty cute Tiger-chan chiding you drew there.  -v-

Bella

QuoteWOW. You drew all that? You're a great artist. A hand sketcher right?

Added after 1 minutes:

I have a dA account(deviantART) and I've done some quick paint sketches. Actually I'm a hand sketcher but I don't have a scanner. >_<

Ah cute, a new visitor who's either an eComStation-tan fan or an eComStation user. I'm praying it's both. ^^

BTW iDarbert, that was some pretty cute Tiger-chan chiding you drew there. -v-

Yay! Hello, possible eComStation fan! Please tell, what is the address of your DA page?

icerain

just checked this out ^^ typo, i meant i wanted a deviantART account, but to me it's kind of dangerous, like everyone is going to see. My brother can come in any moment and he doesn't seem to like it...(DeviantART)

Added after 6 minutes:

Oh, I can't use eCS, actually I can, but maybe I can, I'm not making any sense now.

Like this:

If I ever get ANOTHER COMPUTER, which is possible, I will try to get eCS and INSTALL it.

And yes I am an eCS-tan fan.

Added after 2 minutes:

Sorry for not making any sense.

Siya

Do you have a dA page, Bella-san?

Smokey

there are more, THERE ARE MORE!!!

Bring back Snacks, and the CAEK is a LIE!!!

I always make sense, just like Gregory House is an ethical doctor who obeys protocol... :D but sometimes my sensemaking is in another dimension or on another planet... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

icerain

Quote from: "Siya"Do you have a dA page, Bella-san?

Bella DOES have a dA page. It's http://bellacielo.deviantart.com and it's awesome. I can't have a dA page. >_<

Siya

Smokey

I just read up on what eCS (easiest, lol) actually is, and i see that she has a grim future:
Yeah, sure eCS-tan we will keep sending you to school, and support you. As long as you are profitable enough, otherwise we'll get rid of you... *pat on the back*
I know software turns abandonware when profits stop, but to say it in it's face, that's harsh...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

QuoteBella DOES have a dA page. It's http://bellacielo.deviantart.com and it's awesome. I can't have a dA page. >_<

Oh gawd...that page is so old! I mean, it might as well be from another life, lol. ^///////^

C-Chan

YAY!!!  Icerain's an eComStation-tan fan!!!!!!!!  ^V^

Not since Achain have we had a direct admirer of OS/2 or an OS/2-based system  ^___^
Congratulations Rain-san, you've started up with 50,000 NEW C-chan point surprlus.  ^^

(Just don't ask about what happened to people holding Old C-chan points....  ^_________^')

QuoteOh, I can't use eCS, actually I can, but maybe I can, I'm not making any sense now.

Like this:

If I ever get ANOTHER COMPUTER, which is possible, I will try to get eCS and INSTALL it.

I managed to once get a copy of eCS-chan, but it was version 1.2 and naturally a bit dated.  Late on I secured a copy of one of the 2.0 betas, but it didn't want to install at all. ;___;

Now I'm just too knee-deep in Linux development to try alternate systems for too long.  ^^

I can however say that the new version 2.0 (if it ever gets released) will be a far more usable system, especially since you'll be able to reskin it and eliminate that somewhat-dated looked to the UI.  However, there are limits to how far eCS-chan can be advanced, since she's still unfortunately tied to OS/2, which itself (as we've discovered not long ago) can't be open sourced even if IBM wanted to.  ;_________;

*nsiffles*

QuoteAnd yes I am an eCS-tan fan.

I should draw her more now.  ^___^
Maybe a Mini....

QuoteI just read up on what eCS (easiest, lol) actually is, and i see that she has a grim future:
Yeah, sure eCS-tan we will keep sending you to school, and support you. As long as you are profitable enough, otherwise we'll get rid of you... *pat on the back*
I know software turns abandonware when profits stop, but to say it in it's face, that's harsh...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;^0^;
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!  *covers ears*  LALALALALALLALA!!!!!!  ;^~^;

*C-chan immerses self in denial*

Yep, she'll have a wonderful vibrant future!!!  She'll be open sourced soon, and then she'll go off and displace Micro$oft singlehandedly, and be installed in every PC known to man....  And and and... she'll be loved by every home user, corporation and gamer alive,... and their dogs.....

And and.... she'll even cook and clean for you, and do anything you ask her to.....

<___<

>___>

[whispering]  Anything.....  `v'

And if all that's not enough to convince you to tow the party line,... well,... I can only ask you to.... look into your heart.  ^___________^

*quickly sneaks two 500 Euro notes into Smokey's pocket*

QuoteOh gawd...that page is so old! I mean, it might as well be from another life, lol. ^///////^

Admittedly, it's hard to think that the profile shown belongs to you.  I mean WOW -- the times,... they change.... ^________^;

Smokey

How can software not be opensourced?!
*thinks*
*Error*
*reboot*
How can software not be opensourced?!...

...really?!

*donates 1000 euros to organisations that help kittens and puppies*
Thanks Fedora-sama