Bella's OS-tan Manga Thread

Started by Bella, April 17, 2008, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
My experience of tech support for Windows 98:

"Get Windows XP."

Yeeeeeeah...  -.-;
Did the person you told that agree? But considering that Windows 98 was somewhat of a disaster, upgrading is good advice!

The latter.  ^^
Nah, it's just that I still can't get over the molting thing.  ROTFL material right there.  ^^
I admit I thought that was pretty funny too!

Actually, call me crazy, but I always imagined their direct "internet connection" (or OS-tan equivalent) would be rather... rustic.  ^^'
Either supplied by Quantum-san or concurrently, I always thought of something intermittent like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6929404.stm
Wow! That is very clever! ;010

If they need something better, any of them can make the hike to town -- but even THERE the connection is rather primitive.  They would have to make an exodus to a larger town or city for at least a little bit of broadband (and naturally, they'd bring enough bags with them to make the trip count).  ^.^

It's not that they want to live in the dark ages... but with so few vintage-tans able to take advantage of the internetz, building the pipeline is FAR down on the list of priorities.  (Much to C64-tans' dismay.  ^^;)
Aww... Come on! Building the internet pipeline to the Binteeji Renmei is the best solution!

I wonder if the Binteeji Renmei's technical limitations such as scarce internet connections are another reason a lot of wanders want to remain wanderers!

I think that can only be a small part of the reason, since the Unix Family was SO Balkanized at that point that more misery could only offer more company.
Misery loves company!

On the other hand, I would say she fiercely loathed the FOSS aspect of her in much the same way as an oil mogul would loathe wind, solar and geothermal energy.  It not only threatened her "business" (read family), but also threatened to change society as she knew it.  And as you might imagine, the defense of the status quo is a POWERFUL and FEARFUL drive, often taking on religious proportions itself (albeit more subtly).
I didn't know or think that Solaris-tan is such a far-right conservative!

Ack!  I missed Slack-chan!  ;^-^;
Feel free to give me a pounding... -v-
Yeah, me too! And don't hold back!

I'm just gonna go ahead and use my geography expertise to make random guesses each day till I pick up the right one.  ^^

*makes Random US state guess*

Puerto Rico!  ^v^

Oh come on, you gotta admit it might as well be.... fufufu... -v-;
(and it fits the bill... a friend of mine living there has to spend an EXORBITANT amount of money just for a small hint of broadband).
Hahahaha! No, though I have heard in past years the possibility of Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state. It's so sad that your friend has to spend so much on broadband. Makes me realize I do take it for granted :(

I actually live in the state of corn, farmers, college kids, corn, crazy weather, pigs, corn and sometimes politicians!

Ah yes I remember!  ^^
Kind of ironic that SpringOS-tan seemed like the kind of girl that would have gotten beautifully along with Linux-sama.  ^^
It is possible that they may have met.

I would even propose that a driving reason for her ill-health (and eventual abandonment by the majority of the Unix Family) was that Spring-chan had grown TOO diverged from her Unix roots.
I almost did put that down in the preconcept that she was sickly and died from an illness because she diverged too far from her Unix roots. From that (and not knowing how to do so without ill effects), she must have lost a lot of her life force.

*sniffle* It's downright awful that most of the Unix Family just abandoned her even though she was already in ill-health. That's like kicking someone while they are already down on the ground crying -__-

At least Solaris-tan was still highly supportive of her.

Could we consider this yet another reason why Solaris-sama, for many years, would be a fierce protector of the status quo?
Yes! Exactly!

QuoteAnd I didn't notice the pipe! *slaps self in forehead* I'm slipping behind on OS-tan knowledge and trivia! ;__;

You and me both.  ^.^
Wanna share dunce hats?
Sure! :D

C-Chan

Yo Aurora-hime!
Hold that thought!

I have a present for you, O Wonderful Mac User Who I'm Sure Loves Free Stuff.  :)

http://down.codeweavers.com/?ad=65

Bella

QuoteI did have a preconcept backstory and description of her posted up months ago but to recap:

SpringOS-tan was Solaris-tan's much younger sister who was a child prodigy and an artist (specializing in abstract paintings), and very down-to-earth. She died young but was around to teach her older sister some things, even including some spells.

Appearance-wise, she is young-looking (I'd say a preteen) with curly hair, wears a dress in purple + orange + magenta, wears a lot of flower, butterfly and spring-shaped accessories.

Solaris-tan was devastated over SpringOS-tan's death, and part of her motives for becoming Open Source were to avoid the same fate as her and a some of her bitterness stems from the fact that none of the other Unices were very supportive in her time of need.

Thanks for refreshing my memory! I suppose her color scheme and love of art would come from the SpringOS CD cover?

QuoteAAAUGH! I didn't notice that was the family collage in the background! But kudos to you, Bella, for adding such references!

What can I say, I like trying to add some Easter Eggs here and there ;)

QuoteMy experience of tech support for Windows 98:

"Get Windows XP."

Yeeeeeeah... -.-;

Linux FTW!!!!!

QuoteThe latter. ^^
Nah, it's just that I still can't get over the molting thing. ROTFL material right there. ^^

QuoteI admit I thought that was pretty funny too!

Ah, when you're a fan of fine, feathery OS-tans, you eventually begin to think of the physics of having wings and what trouble they would invariably entail.

QuoteActually, call me crazy, but I always imagined their direct "internet connection" (or OS-tan equivalent) would be rather... rustic. ^^'
Either supplied by Quantum-san or concurrently, I always thought of something intermittent like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6929404.stm

Wow! That article is...incredible actually ^^

QuoteIf they need something better, any of them can make the hike to town -- but even THERE the connection is rather primitive. They would have to make an exodus to a larger town or city for at least a little bit of broadband (and naturally, they'd bring enough bags with them to make the trip count). ^.^

It's not that they want to live in the dark ages... but with so few vintage-tans able to take advantage of the internetz, building the pipeline is FAR down on the list of priorities. (Much to C64-tans' dismay. ^^

In any event, it's during these excursions where UNIX-sama [and Co.?] have to work overtime to hide anything linking UNIX-sama with Multics-sama.

I'd always wondered what a internet connection would be in OS-tan terms... O__o

QuoteI think that can only be a small part of the reason, since the Unix Family was SO Balkanized at that point that more misery could only offer more company.

On the other hand, I would say she fiercely loathed the FOSS aspect of her in much the same way as an oil mogul would loathe wind, solar and geothermal energy. It not only threatened her "business" (read family), but also threatened to change society as she knew it. And as you might imagine, the defense of the status quo is a POWERFUL and FEARFUL drive, often taking on religious proportions itself (albeit more subtly).

This makes sense...

And I didn't notice the pipe! *slaps self in forehead* I'm slipping behind on OS-tan knowledge and trivia! ;__;

QuoteAck! I missed Slack-chan! ;^-^;
Feel free to give me a pounding... -v-

Nah, not your fault. After all, she's not acting hyper, creepy, and/or stalking some poor Unix-tan in this panel, so I can see where you'd confuse her with someone more level-headed :P

QuoteOn the other hand, I'm not sure if she really gave that some thought. Unless Minix-sensei used Unix-sama as a prime example of code propagation, Linux-sama might have easily been like "oh, okay, my DNA is open,... that's nice". ^^

Oh man, now I'm wondering what a Unix version of the infamous Birds and Bees Talk would go over like...

"Minix-sensei, where do baby OS-tans come from?"
"Little Linux-chan, I was wondering when you'd ask! Well, when a developer meets an OS-tan and falls very in love with her, they can decide to uses some of her source code to make a fork of that OS. That's how a new OS-tan is born!"
"I see..."  ;015
"And many of us Unixen have a great deal of admirers. Which means there's a lot of people interested in our source code, and a lot of new OS-tans born each year!"
"Oooohhhh..."  ;026

XD

Quote...And Mexicans are played by Welsh, Spanish or Italian actors. Damn you Hollywood! *shakes fist* >.<

...and everyone assumes Italy and Sicily have the same culture. Even most of the Sicilians I know assume they're Italian T__T

Quote*inches closer out of curiosity*

I'm just gonna go ahead and use my geography expertise to make random guesses each day till I pick up the right one. ^^

*makes Random US state guess*

Puerto Rico! ^v^

Oh come on, you gotta admit it might as well be.... fufufu... -v-;
(and it fits the bill... a friend of mine living there has to spend an EXORBITANT amount of money just for a small hint of broadband).

QuoteI actually live in the state of corn, farmers, college kids, corn, crazy weather, pigs, corn and sometimes politicians!

Ummm...I'm guessing Aurora-sama lives in...I...o...wa....? I...daho...? In....diana? One of those "I" states?

Speaking of which, I always assumed you [C-Chan] were from Canada for some reason. You just always seemed...Canadian...for some reason.

QuoteAh yes I remember! ^^
Kind of ironic that SpringOS-tan seemed like the kind of girl that would have gotten beautifully along with Linux-sama. ^^

I would even propose that a driving reason for her ill-health (and eventual abandonment by the majority of the Unix Family) was that Spring-chan had grown TOO diverged from her Unix roots.

Could we consider this yet another reason why Solaris-sama, for many years, would be a fierce protector of the status quo?

I think Solaris-san would've been one of Spring-chan's few close friends, and certainly one of the only Unix-tans who got along with her. If you want to be sappy, perhaps she would have promised Spring-chan that she would live to see the day there was peace among the Unixen-- but Spring-chan died before her would-be big sister's promise came to pass -___-

QuoteIt is possible that they may have met.

Really? When was SpringOS introduced/discontinued?

QuoteI almost did put that down in the preconcept that she was sickly and died from an illness because she diverged too far from her Unix roots. From that (and not knowing how to do so without ill effects), she must have lost a lot of her life force.

Ummm...sickness caused by diverging from her Unix roots...do I smell genetic problems?

QuoteI have a present for you, O Wonderful Mac User Who I'm Sure Loves Free Stuff.

http://down.codeweavers.com/?ad=65

I'll remember this site when my dad invariably brings his Mac home XD

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"
Thanks for refreshing my memory! I suppose her color scheme and love of art would come from the SpringOS CD cover?

Exactly!

Linux FTW!!!!!
That works too!

Ah, when you're a fan of fine, feathery OS-tans, you eventually begin to think of the physics of having wings and what trouble they would invariably entail.
Wings are awesome, but they are apparently more trouble than they are worth, hence why Multics-sama does not like having wings. An extra body part to get broken.

In any event, it's during these excursions where UNIX-sama [and Co.?] have to work overtime to hide anything linking UNIX-sama with Multics-sama.

"The Vintage-tans are coming! Quick! We must hide all of 'those' websites!"
"Well, yeah. A lot of them are only children and should never be subjected to such awful sites!"
"They cannot find out the relation between me and the old relic! What did you think I was talking about?"
"Uhh..."
"OMG! It's Unix-sama!!! :D "

Nah, not your fault. After all, she's not acting hyper, creepy, and/or stalking some poor Unix-tan in this panel, so I can see where you'd confuse her with someone more level-headed :P
Hahaha! That explains it! I thought that Slackware-tan would have been the level-headed type hence why she was originally portrayed as one in zerOSanity but since all the conjectures of her craziness, when she returns in zerOSanity, she will return crazy!

Oh man, now I'm wondering what a Unix version of the infamous Birds and Bees Talk would go over like...

"Little Linux-chan, I was wondering when you'd ask! Well, when a developer meets an OS-tan and falls very in love with her, they can decide to uses some of her source code to make a fork of that OS. That's how a new OS-tan is born!"
"I see..."  ;015
"And many of us Unixen have a great deal of admirers. Which means there's a lot of people interested in our source code, and a lot of new OS-tans born each year!"
"Oooohhhh..."  ;026

XD
That would make an excellent comic! Hilarious! ;027  ;027

Ummm...I'm guessing Aurora-sama lives in...I...o...wa....? I...daho...? In....diana? One of those "I" states?
I thought the corn, more corn and politicians would have been obvious. But it is Iowa.

Though mentally, I'm in Confusion! XD

I think Solaris-san would've been one of Spring-chan's few close friends, and certainly one of the only Unix-tans who got along with her. If you want to be sappy, perhaps she would have promised Spring-chan that she would live to see the day there was peace among the Unixen-- but Spring-chan died before her would-be big sister's promise came to pass -___-
So much sap! I like it! ;129

Really? When was SpringOS introduced/discontinued?
SpringOS started in 1993 or 1994, canceled in the mid- to late-1990s.

Ummm...sickness caused by diverging from her Unix roots...do I smell genetic problems?
Genetic problems! Those were the words I was looking for!

C-Chan

QuoteDid the person you told that agree? But considering that Windows 98 was somewhat of a disaster, upgrading is good advice!

No, other way around, I was told to get rid of '98 in favor of XP.  This was YEARS ago though, back when I was still... yeaaah, don't want to remember that now....  -.-'

QuoteAww... Come on! Building the internet pipeline to the Binteeji Renmei is the best solution!

I wonder if the Binteeji Renmei's technical limitations such as scarce internet connections are another reason a lot of wanders want to remain wanderers!

Then that would remind me a lot of the iTunes excuse for not trying out Linux.  ^^'

"You get a roof over your head, the best homemade food and drink, the finest handmade clothing, the presence of some talented mechanical engineers, plenty of fresh air, gorgeous scenery, ample tranquility, a well-stocked library, good wholesome fun, and companionship of kind, loyal people who work together for a better tomorrow."

"Right, but can I check out MySpace?"

"There... might be some difficulties to..."

"You guys SUCK!!!!!  I'm going back to Windoz-- er, Wanderer life."

XD

QuoteI didn't know or think that Solaris-tan is such a far-right conservative!

Conservativism can mean different things in different countries, but I think I know what you mean.  ^^
Not sure if she herself would've been that kind of extremist -- maybe some of the old school Unices perhaps.  But their brand of freedom aversion would've been (and still is to some respect) more inherently profit/power-based and hence a lot more dangerous.  They're not only incapable of realizing their own inhumanity, but they also have the power and resources to enforce the criminalization of morality, intellectualism and [real] personal freedom with the same level of normality as they would exhibit drinking a glass of water.  

I actually live in the state of corn, farmers, college kids, corn, crazy weather, pigs, corn and sometimes politicians!

*v*
*squeals with delight*  Sounds like a place I could call home.  ^___^

*practices pig latin*

QuoteThanks for refreshing my memory! I suppose her color scheme and love of art would come from the SpringOS CD cover?

Wow!  Fo a minute their I thought someone emptied out a box of crayons over the cover.  ^___^

It's a shame it didn't work out, though... that's some clever graphic art.  ^.^

QuoteI'd always wondered what a internet connection would be in OS-tan terms... O__o

It's really hard to say, as it could be roads (information superhighway), stores, libraries, books, mail order, phone lines, electricity, etc....

Even with the Binteji Renmei idea above, I still have no clear idea what exactly they'd be scarce of.  ^__^

In my game idea it was literally how they communicate, with super ancient modems being like can-and-wire phones, 5400 baud modems like Pony Express services, DSL like telegraphs, high speed modems like an established phone network, T3 lines like wireless networks, etc....

[Yes, the option always existed that the Binteji Renmei could be evolved THAT far, but not without sacrifice.  -v-]

QuoteOh man, now I'm wondering what a Unix version of the infamous Birds and Bees Talk would go over like...

"I see..."
"Oooohhhh..."

XD

I can best that...

XDDDDDDDDDDD

QuoteUmmm...I'm guessing Aurora-sama lives in...I...o...wa....? I...daho...? In....diana? One of those "I" states?

Speaking of which, I always assumed you [C-Chan] were from Canada for some reason. You just always seemed...Canadian...for some reason.

Canadian, eh?
I wish,... I like the country and the coins and the peach juice and the poutin, but sadly I hail not from there.  I do (or rather used to) visit it a lot, though.  -.-

Le sigh....

Surprised you thought that, though.  It's not like I haven't mocked my nationality countless times.  Then again, it's not like there's many places left in the world that aren't either bellicose, greedy or just really really 'stoopid'. Hence why it's better to improve the self first and foremost before improving some made up national identity.  Â¬v¬

QuoteI'll remember this site when my dad invariably brings his Mac home XD

No, if you want it, download it NAU!  The offer runs out today.  :P

Added after 3 minutes:

"The Vintage-tans are coming! Quick! We must hide all of 'those' websites!"
"Well, yeah. A lot of them are only children and should never be subjected to such awful sites!"
"They cannot find out the relation between me and the old relic! What did you think I was talking about?"
"Uhh..."
"OMG! It's Unix-sama!!! "

Case in point!  ^.^

I thought the corn, more corn and politicians would have been obvious. But it is Iowa.

YAY!!!  The mystery is solved!  ^v^

Let me officially send greetings to the lovely Aurora-hime of Iowa.  ^____^

Fun Fact:  As a kid, I always considered that my favorite US state PRECISELY because of the pigs.  ^.^

QuoteGenetic problems! Those were the words I was looking for!

Yep, I can concur this was the case. ^^

I mean it's a serious thing... look what a lot of genetic manipulation did to Mutagenix-tan!  @v@

Bella

Two more pages!

QuoteWings are awesome, but they are apparently more trouble than they are worth, hence why Multics-sama does not like having wings. An extra body part to get broken.

That's true. Though in Multics-sama's case, I think she not only disliked the physical aspects of having wings, but also the thought of being so markedly different and complex compared to than those around her.

Quote"The Vintage-tans are coming! Quick! We must hide all of 'those' websites!"
"Uhh..."
"OMG! It's Unix-sama!!! "

Uh oh, the Unix-tans would be in for the shock of a lifetime...O_O

It would be sensational to think that somebody powerful like Linux-sama would uncover the Multics/Unix connection, but somehow I see it being figured out by someone...let's say a lot more low-key who wouldn't even give too much worry about it. Like Inferno-chan, who might come across an old photo and say, "Hey! She was related to us, wasn't she?". Course, nobody else would believe something like this XD

QuoteHahaha! That explains it! I thought that Slackware-tan would have been the level-headed type hence why she was originally portrayed as one in zerOSanity but since all the conjectures of her craziness, when she returns in zerOSanity, she will return crazy!

Now now, I think Slack-chan has a certain capacity to be quite level-headed. Difficult, maybe, but level-headed. Giddy? Yes, she's certainly giddy. But not crazy. I would even conjecture that she would try to be respectful around Unix-sama, but still end up making a fool of herself half the time. But set her in a room with one of her favorite Unix-tans, whom she likes but doesn't have half the reverence for...and watch out ^^

QuoteXD

That would make an excellent comic! Hilarious!

Maybe I'll have to make a mini-comic. Or at least fit it into the current comic somehow.

QuoteI thought the corn, more corn and politicians would have been obvious. But it is Iowa.

Woo! Phear my awesome psychic powers, Iowa was the first "I" state I named! :P

I've always liked Iowa, and always made a lot of connections between Iowa and my own home state. Of course, our states both host the first presidential primaries, but it goes deeper...I've always felt they were rather underrated and misunderstood by a lot of people (or thought of in narrow stereotypes).

QuoteSpringOS started in 1993 or 1994, canceled in the mid- to late-1990s.

Hmmm, so maybe Spring-chan would've been around to meet Linux-sama (and see the end of the Unix Wars). I'll have to do a bit more research...

QuoteThen that would remind me a lot of the iTunes excuse for not trying out Linux. ^^'

Speaking of which, my pops (aka Mac Daddy), wants an iPod and is thinking of getting one. Which is ironic, 'cause I'm thinking of getting one, too, so it looks we're each gifting one to the other for Christmas ^^

But when I was at the store (Best Buy), the saleswoman was fairly insistent that iPods couldn't play normal MP3 files-- only MP3 files in some special iTunes format. I was like, wait, you mean I can't just download files from my CDs onto it? And she was like, no, you can, but they have to be converted within iTunes to that format. But Wikipedia says it can play MP3, AAC/M4A, Protected AAC, AIFF and WAV and a few others.

So was this just a case of Best Buy employee confusion? Or should I seriously look into a...less restricted MP3 player...?

Quote"You get a roof over your head, the best homemade food and drink, the finest handmade clothing, the presence of some talented mechanical engineers, plenty of fresh air, gorgeous scenery, ample tranquility, a well-stocked library, good wholesome fun, and companionship of kind, loyal people who work together for a better tomorrow."

"Right, but can I check out MySpace?"

"There... might be some difficulties to..."

"You guys SUCK!!!!! I'm going back to Windoz-- er, Wanderer life."

Ah! This sounds like me with my Internetz in the summer.

QuoteConservativism can mean different things in different countries, but I think I know what you mean. ^^
Not sure if she herself would've been that kind of extremist -- maybe some of the old school Unices perhaps. But their brand of freedom aversion would've been (and still is to some respect) more inherently profit/power-based and hence a lot more dangerous. They're not only incapable of realizing their own inhumanity, but they also have the power and resources to enforce the criminalization of morality, intellectualism and [real] personal freedom with the same level of normality as they would exhibit drinking a glass of water.

But luckily Solaris-san came to some sort of epiphany about what she was doing, and is now at least trying to make up for what she's done in the past. I mean...right...?

QuoteIt's really hard to say, as it could be roads (information superhighway), stores, libraries, books, mail order, phone lines, electricity, etc....

Even with the Binteji Renmei idea above, I still have no clear idea what exactly they'd be scarce of. ^__^

In my game idea it was literally how they communicate, with super ancient modems being like can-and-wire phones, 5400 baud modems like Pony Express services, DSL like telegraphs, high speed modems like an established phone network, T3 lines like wireless networks, etc....

[Yes, the option always existed that the Binteji Renmei could be evolved THAT far, but not without sacrifice. -v-]

Wow, they could've gotten that far? @@

But I think the analogy for the Internet could depend...I certainly have always thought that Wikipedia, in OS-tan terms, would be the world's largest library, with Wikipe-tan as its head librarian. And other encyclopedia/reference sites would be similar. Email services I thought would be analogous to mail services. But yeah, I did figure the internet at its most metaphorical would be like electricity and phone services, and interstates and roads.

QuoteCanadian, eh?
I wish,... I like the country and the coins and the peach juice and the poutin, but sadly I hail not from there. I do (or rather used to) visit it a lot, though. -.-

Le sigh....

Surprised you thought that, though. It's not like I haven't mocked my nationality countless times. Then again, it's not like there's many places left in the world that aren't either bellicose, greedy or just really really 'stoopid'. Hence why it's better to improve the self first and foremost before improving some made up national identity. ¬v¬

Well, I'd come to realize you aren't Canadian. It was when just I first met you that I made this assumption.

QuoteYep, I can concur this was the case. ^^

I mean it's a serious thing... look what a lot of genetic manipulation did to Mutagenix-tan! @v@

Really? I thought Mutagenix-tan just grew up next to a nuclear power plant!

C-Chan

*spots Puppy-chan hugging Ubuntu-sama*

Oh that does it for me.... XvX

Sorry I can't do more this evening, but I must succumb to the effects of....

*VOLCANIC SWOONAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

C-Chan

Okay, I've cooled my top (literally).  ^.^

Time for a good ol' fashioned dissection. ^___^

PAGE 1
=======

PANEL 1: Actually, this is an affliction that affects us all (or basically anyone living in a profit-based economy.  And I see Linux-sama in her younger self also thought the same way....

But since we usually think of things in terms of cost, we can't conceive of the possibility that a grandiose palace could simply be "built".

Obviously some money had to be used over time, especially to purchase rare resource materials and what not.  But with a legion of eager loyal followers, plus a horde of daughters half of which specialize in something useful for construction, it's not easy to imagine that everyone pitched in to build the estate voluntarily.  With nothing asked in return, other than to have the estate be a public trust, freely accessible to everyone at any time.

PANEL 2:  Ze freckles... ^>^
I'm sure the young Linux-sama can't POSSIBLY comprehend that one day she'd be accused of being TOO social, and surrounded by TOO many friends and family.

"Why can't she work all alone so that she doesn't confuse us with choices", they'd say.  ^.^

PANEL 3:  I can't quite put my finger as to why Linux-sama looks certifiably more mature in these panels than her younger self.  Could it be the hair?  the earrings?  The kick-ass dress?  '.'

PANEL 4:  Is that a third eye I see on the random Linux-tan to the right?  Mutagenix?  The second one is a bit hard to distinguish.

I still remember when a lot of these ideas we bounced around were still in the brainstorming phase.  I'm excited, but still astonished, that I'm seeing all of this unfold before me in a comic.  We said before that Linux-sama would be at the crossroads as far as ending her journey to save people now, or continue on her journey to see what unfolds for the future.  The presentation of that idea is better than expected.  ^^

PANEL 5:  Trying real hard not to Volcanic Swoon here.  ^.^
Definitely wins the prize for BEST PANEL EVER on this set.  The action lines on Puppy-chan's tail definitely give it a wagging-turny feel that I think you were aiming for.

The girl behind Ubuntu-sama is Slackware-tan again, right?  ^^

PAGE 2
=======

PANEL 1:  Freckles.... Nekomimi.... *drools* @v@

PANEL 2:  The nose on Linux-sama here looks a little more longish than is usual in your style.  Best to be careful about that later, else we start nicknaming her Pinnochio.  Kukuku... ^>^

Poor Linux-sama might not understand the gravity of Leopard-chan's words.  If she thinks it's hard now to not help people in need, wait till she's actually in a true seat of power to know what it TRULY means to make HARD decisions that you have to live with the rest of your life.

*stares at VMS-sama and UNIX-sama*  ''

PANEL 3:  I'm guessing "you can use than head for" should be "you can use your head for".  ^____^'

Having Minix-sensei cameo was brilliant,... but seeing her besides Leopard-chan begs the million dollar question.....

If Leopard-chan is a catgirl and has ears and a tail, than if Minix-sensei is a racoon girl and has ears already,... shouldn't she also have a racoon tail?  @v@

*laughs at own... joke?*

PANEL 4:  Funny you chose to translate "teacher".  ^__^
It's been a couple of panels since I've seen Linux-sama so happy and energetic.  *squeals*  ^.^

Neat text bubble, btw!

PANEL 5:  Fufufu... Minix-sensei might be wise, but she's not as omnipotent as her mother.  No doubt she doesn't know of Leopard-chan's time lapse experiment.  ^__^

In any event, like with Aurora's comics, it's always fantastic to see so much OS-tan diversity in your works.  It gives the opportunity to show all kinds of character interactions we would have never thought of (or dared to think of).

Great work as usual!   ^__^

It would be sensational to think that somebody powerful like Linux-sama would uncover the Multics/Unix connection, but somehow I see it being figured out by someone...let's say a lot more low-key who wouldn't even give too much worry about it. Like Inferno-chan, who might come across an old photo and say, "Hey! She was related to us, wasn't she?". Course, nobody else would believe something like this XD

Fufufu!  More so when you consider that, in Inferno-chan's hands, the photo would only be visible for a few seconds before it accidentally goes up in flames and melts.  And then where's the proof?  ^__________^

QuoteI would even conjecture that she would try to be respectful around Unix-sama, but still end up making a fool of herself half the time. But set her in a room with one of her favorite Unix-tans, whom she likes but doesn't have half the reverence for...and watch out ^^

Am I to believe that someone like, say, HP-UX-sama has to use a CROWBAR to pry Slack-chan off of her?  ^____^;

But when I was at the store (Best Buy), the saleswoman was fairly insistent that iPods couldn't play normal MP3 files-- only MP3 files in some special iTunes format. I was like, wait, you mean I can't just download files from my CDs onto it? And she was like, no, you can, but they have to be converted within iTunes to that format. But Wikipedia says it can play MP3, AAC/M4A, Protected AAC, AIFF and WAV and a few others.

So was this just a case of Best Buy employee confusion? Or should I seriously look into a...less restricted MP3 player...?

That a trick question?  ^____^
Of course it's confusion, they're Worst Buy people.  ^v^'

If you needed iTunes to convert MP3's into some super-special MP3 file format, programs like Audacity and Gtkpod that can upload and sync music to your iPod from Linux would be useless.  ^.^

In addition to that, my brother who also owns an iBook and an iPod regularly uploads and listens to a ton of old MP3 files he had lying around from his old Windows PC days, and they play great.

Admittedly, it's on an older hard drive model -- if this weird MP3 rule has something to do with one of the upcoming iPod models (or the iPhone/iTouch), then screw them and stick with older, tried-and-true iPod models.

Then again, I'll ALWAYS recommend you look for a less restricted MP3 player to begin with, although I will admit that nowadays that's a lot tougher than it sounds.  ^^;

But luckily Solaris-san came to some sort of epiphany about what she was doing, and is now at least trying to make up for what she's done in the past. I mean...right...?

Well... as the ol' OS-tan adage goes....

"The Proof is in the License."  ^________^'

QuoteWow, they could've gotten that far? @@

After seeing Gurren Laggann, I think the Binteji Renmei would have been no different.  They start off small, simple and low-tech, but thanks to a combination of newfound open-mindedness AND a little "borrowing" and decimination of preexisting advanced technology, they would have been able to evolve into modern technology very quickly.

But since they're all OLD, the cute thing was that all the modern technology would have looked distinctly antiquated, almost like visions of the future back in the 19th and early 20th century.

Instead of building jet planes, they would have branched off into giant airships, railway cities, cannonball space launches, and other steam-punk like inventions.  ^^

QuoteBut I think the analogy for the Internet could depend...I certainly have always thought that Wikipedia, in OS-tan terms, would be the world's largest library, with Wikipe-tan as its head librarian. And other encyclopedia/reference sites would be similar. Email services I thought would be analogous to mail services.

Ah yes, nearly forgot about Wikipe-tan, Thunderbird-tan, Outlook-tan and AOL-tan. ^__^

Well, I'd come to realize you aren't Canadian. It was when just I first met you that I made this assumption.

*squeals with delight*  ^.^

Certainly puts a whole new spin on "Canadian Bacon", huh?  ^___^

Bella

Ehm...I'll get back to all these replied later. Have the rest of the chapter now.

...we finally see how Leo-chan's offer of candy comes into play....

Nuker

Leopard-san did it! Now I wonder: when Linux-tan gets older, will she tell Leopard-tan that she has to go back in time and actually help her so that what happened in the past actually happens?

Temporal loops are confusing...

Bella

QuoteObviously some money had to be used over time, especially to purchase rare resource materials and what not. But with a legion of eager loyal followers, plus a horde of daughters half of which specialize in something useful for construction, it's not easy to imagine that everyone pitched in to build the estate voluntarily. With nothing asked in return, other than to have the estate be a public trust, freely accessible to everyone at any time.

I, actually, assumed that this estate was located smack dab in the middle of Unix Country, and was either bought off of the Unixen or conquered by the Linuxes. Just as a way of symbolizing how Linux, perhaps, less than courteously took over a lot of old Unix market share.

Naturally the surrounding Unixen would be a bit pissed by this, but there's not a thing they can do, because Unix-sama guaranteed their peace and safety there ^^

QuotePANEL 3: I can't quite put my finger as to why Linux-sama looks certifiably more mature in these panels than her younger self. Could it be the hair? the earrings? The kick-ass dress? '.'

Maybe it's because this is a more serious scene...? I seem to have a way of making more serious characters look mature, and happier ones look a great deal younger...

QuotePANEL 4: Is that a third eye I see on the random Linux-tan to the right? Mutagenix? The second one is a bit hard to distinguish.

I still remember when a lot of these ideas we bounced around were still in the brainstorming phase. I'm excited, but still astonished, that I'm seeing all of this unfold before me in a comic. We said before that Linux-sama would be at the crossroads as far as ending her journey to save people now, or continue on her journey to see what unfolds for the future. The presentation of that idea is better than expected. ^^

Um...those aren't random Linux-tans...that's actually AIX and Solaris-san. I imagine this mansion isn't just open to Linux-tans, and that the more...Open source sympathetic Unixen would visit every once and awhile. AIX-tan gets along rather well with the Linuxes, and Solaris-san is probably there to either raid Linux-sama's closet, or study the Linuxes in their natal habitat. To get a better idea as to how she can blend in.  

And yeah, I'm glad I've gotten this far with this comic, too. I just wonder where it will (or won't) go now...

QuotePANEL 5: Trying real hard not to Volcanic Swoon here. ^.^
Definitely wins the prize for BEST PANEL EVER on this set. The action lines on Puppy-chan's tail definitely give it a wagging-turny feel that I think you were aiming for.

The girl behind Ubuntu-sama is Slackware-tan again, right? ^^

Thank you! But that is Debian-sama next to Ubuntu-san :3

QuotePAGE 2
=======

PANEL 2: The nose on Linux-sama here looks a little more longish than is usual in your style. Best to be careful about that later, else we start nicknaming her Pinnochio. Kukuku... ^>^

Poor Linux-sama might not understand the gravity of Leopard-chan's words. If she thinks it's hard now to not help people in need, wait till she's actually in a true seat of power to know what it TRULY means to make HARD decisions that you have to live with the rest of your life.

*stares at VMS-sama and UNIX-sama* ''

Good point...I do wonder what course of action Linux-sama might take with some of her daughters who are effectively working with the enemy, like SuSE and Xandros-tan. I've always thought of Linux-sama as the rather pacific type who would want nothing more than for her children to be happy... but then again, I don't see her being sympathetic to those who stray from her ideals of freedom or put the family in jeopardy. : \

QuotePANEL 3: I'm guessing "you can use than head for" should be "you can use your head for". ^____^'

Having Minix-sensei cameo was brilliant,... but seeing her besides Leopard-chan begs the million dollar question.....

If Leopard-chan is a catgirl and has ears and a tail, than if Minix-sensei is a racoon girl and has ears already,... shouldn't she also have a racoon tail? @v@

*laughs at own... joke?*

Well, twas supposed to be "...use that head for...". Typo on my part.

As for the lack of a 'coon tail, I remember Kami-Tux's design of Minix-sensei was notably lacking a tail (cause she thought it would be a bit creepy). Even though I've changed a lot of things about Minix-sensei's design, I've always kept her without a tail for some odd reason... '__'

QuotePANEL 5: Fufufu... Minix-sensei might be wise, but she's not as omnipotent as her mother. No doubt she doesn't know of Leopard-chan's time lapse experiment. ^__^

Wait wut...Minix-sensei has a mother?

QuoteFufufu! More so when you consider that, in Inferno-chan's hands, the photo would only be visible for a few seconds before it accidentally goes up in flames and melts. And then where's the proof? ^__________^

Ha. ha. ha.

QuoteAm I to believe that someone like, say, HP-UX-sama has to use a CROWBAR to pry Slack-chan off of her? ^____^;

Hah! A crowbar wouldn't work...only shouting "behind you! Unix-sama!" and running as fast as possible would be a good escape plan.

QuoteThat a trick question? ^____^
Of course it's confusion, they're Worst Buy people. ^v^'

If you needed iTunes to convert MP3's into some super-special MP3 file format, programs like Audacity and Gtkpod that can upload and sync music to your iPod from Linux would be useless. ^.^

In addition to that, my brother who also owns an iBook and an iPod regularly uploads and listens to a ton of old MP3 files he had lying around from his old Windows PC days, and they play great.

Admittedly, it's on an older hard drive model -- if this weird MP3 rule has something to do with one of the upcoming iPod models (or the iPhone/iTouch), then screw them and stick with older, tried-and-true iPod models.

Then again, I'll ALWAYS recommend you look for a less restricted MP3 player to begin with, although I will admit that nowadays that's a lot tougher than it sounds. ^^;

Well, I found some Sony Walkman 2GB MP3 players (on sale), and it looks like we're getting those. They seem pretty good for the money...

Quote"The Proof is in the License." ^________^'

That would be the Common Development and Distribution license, right?

QuoteAfter seeing Gurren Laggann, I think the Binteji Renmei would have been no different. They start off small, simple and low-tech, but thanks to a combination of newfound open-mindedness AND a little "borrowing" and decimination of preexisting advanced technology, they would have been able to evolve into modern technology very quickly.

But since they're all OLD, the cute thing was that all the modern technology would have looked distinctly antiquated, almost like visions of the future back in the 19th and early 20th century.

Instead of building jet planes, they would have branched off into giant airships, railway cities, cannonball space launches, and other steam-punk like inventions. ^^

Wow...I always thought of the Vintage-tans as a bunch of farmers and stuff, living out in the middle of nowhere, with almost no technology to speak of (except for maybe the Commodore-tans), but this puts a different perspective on it...

Plus, I never would have compared the Binteji Renmei's situation to that of Gurren Laggan. It makes me beg the question...

...is it to late to do a Miggy-cosplaying-as-Yoko-sama fanservice-palooza picture? @@

Quote*squeals with delight* ^.^

Certainly puts a whole new spin on "Canadian Bacon", huh? ^___^

*hokey Canadian accent*

Oh, yes it does, eh!

QuoteLeopard-san did it! Now I wonder: when Linux-tan gets older, will she tell Leopard-tan that she has to go back in time and actually help her so that what happened in the past actually happens?

Temporal loops are confusing...

Yeah, time paradoxes kinda thwarted any time-travel stories I tried to come up with...I guess I tried not to think about it for this comic...

But no, I don't suppose Linux-sama sent Leo-san back in time. For the sake of keeping my head from exploding. ^^'

C-Chan

*salivates*

So very happy to see another fine round of chapters!  ^v^

PANEL 1:  Lesse... we have....

Yellow Dog Linux-tan
Puppy Linux-tan
Mandriva-sama [maybe?]
PClinuxOS-sama [yay!  ^.^]

It's so wonderful to see all these Linux-tans have fun.  Really does make me eager to work on my Concentration Game, since it'll provide a perfect medium to see them all in action (and memorize their name/appearance to boot!).  ^__^

PANEL 2/3:  Actually,... I'm a bit confused on these panels.  You've been working on a left to right order, but it almost seems like it's right to left in this shot.  Part of the confusion is that I'm not sure where the larger text bubble (the one that begins with "There are so many thing...") is paired to.  

Barring that, though, still excellent displays of architecture and subtle lighting, and of course your many courses of Linux-sama cuteness enhancement.

PANEL 4/5:  Definitely your finest lighting/shading work to date -- the rich lighting on the pleading Linux-sama is [dare I say] almost movie quality.  ^v^

Your comics greatest strength is definitely in its charismatic attenton to detail such as this, among of course many other factors!  ^v^

PANEL 6:  Train again.
Surprising how well Inkscape effects have integrated beautifully in this comic.

PANELS 9/10:  Again, a small throwback to our little "astral time travel discussion"... me likey.  ^.^

I feel I kinda like the profile closeup shots the most -- it's both cool and artsy. ^^

PANEL 13:  *squeals*  She does look kinda cute when she scowls.  ^^
With that expression + the scowl + the bowl hair,... she reminds me just a tad of Lafiel from the Banner of the Stars series.  ^___^

PANEL 15:  The hand is rendered with extreme detail here -- is that based off a real-life reference shot?  I would have guessed yours, but... you told me once before you have freakishly narrow fingers, so now I'm stuck with the impression they'd be somewhat twig-like.  ^__^;

PANEL 16/17:  Couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the chapter!  ^v^

How many times do I have to say "This Comic is Fantastic!!"?  Regardless, I never tire from saying that!  It's Christmas every day you post up even a few pages of your masterpiece!  ^o^

I, actually, assumed that this estate was located smack dab in the middle of Unix Country, and was either bought off of the Unixen or conquered by the Linuxes. Just as a way of symbolizing how Linux, perhaps, less than courteously took over a lot of old Unix market share.

Naturally the surrounding Unixen would be a bit pissed by this, but there's not a thing they can do, because Unix-sama guaranteed their peace and safety there ^^

Fufufu!  That works for me too.  ^__^
But the Linuxen being Linuxen, I'm sure they made that public property too -- so not only are a bunch of impudent Linux-tans invading their turf so to speak, but they're *GASP* giving plebians access to it too!!

The nerve of those girls.  ^^'

Um...those aren't random Linux-tans...that's actually AIX and Solaris-san. I imagine this mansion isn't just open to Linux-tans, and that the more...Open source sympathetic Unixen would visit every once and awhile. AIX-tan gets along rather well with the Linuxes, and Solaris-san is probably there to either raid Linux-sama's closet, or study the Linuxes in their natal habitat. To get a better idea as to how she can blend in.

Oh wow, I was WAY off the mark in those instances.  In fairness, I needz my Color to really make out some characters.  -v-

QuoteAnd yeah, I'm glad I've gotten this far with this comic, too. I just wonder where it will (or won't) go now...

I'm sorry.  ;__;

Let me PM you about his once I'm rested.  (kinda falling asleep typing this... probably committing litss pf ettorz...)

QuoteThank you! But that is Debian-sama next to Ubuntu-san :3

The suckage, it doth crush me!  >>>v<<<

It's an interesting cameo -- we really don't see her around very often at all.  ^.^

QuoteWait wut...Minix-sensei has a mother?

Oh right... Minix-sensei is only a Unix-like.

Tell you what....  Do yourself a favor and tune out C-chan's inane ramblings for a while.  With so much stuff on my mind the past few weeks, I think I'm just spewing any silly thing I can think of.... -v-;

*suckage meter breaks*

QuoteWell, I found some Sony Walkman 2GB MP3 players (on sale), and it looks like we're getting those. They seem pretty good for the money...

On the other hand... is 2gigs going to be enough?  ''

I thought so too at one point, but.... you know.... collections just.... kinda.... grow.  ^^'

QuoteThat would be the Common Development and Distribution license, right?

Correct!  And as I also always say:  "The Proof is in the Puddin'"  ^.^

http://opensolaris.org/os/licensing/opensolaris_license/

QuoteWow...I always thought of the Vintage-tans as a bunch of farmers and stuff, living out in the middle of nowhere, with almost no technology to speak of (except for maybe the Commodore-tans), but this puts a different perspective on it...

Well that really only applied to the game world I envisioned -- you're never gonna see the vintage-tans grow large enough to crush the Windows-tans or dethrown the Unixen ever.  -v-

But in the OS-tan universe they certainly have that potential at least.  Certainly the more technical-minded ones (like C64-chan) have scrapbooks full of old invention ideas they'd love to build... if only they had the money.  (cause at least time they have plenty of)

Plus, I never would have compared the Binteji Renmei's situation to that of Gurren Laggan. It makes me beg the question...

...is it to late to do a Miggy-cosplaying-as-Yoko-sama fanservice-palooza picture? @@

Sure!  ^v^
Just as long as you have my bloodtype -- I might need a few transfusions from the inevitable nosebleeds.  ^.^;

You might even consider cameoing someone like Vi-kun as Simon.  -v-

================================

Okay,... my piggy stamina can hold out no more....

G'night.  ^_________^

*flops on EeePC*

*snore*  -.- Zzzzz

Bella

QuotePANEL 1: Lesse... we have....

Yellow Dog Linux-tan
Puppy Linux-tan
Mandriva-sama [maybe?]
PClinuxOS-sama [yay! ^.^]

It's so wonderful to see all these Linux-tans have fun. Really does make me eager to work on my Concentration Game, since it'll provide a perfect medium to see them all in action (and memorize their name/appearance to boot!). ^__^

Right, right, right and....right! :P

I'm looking forward to where you might go with this game, too :3

QuotePANEL 2/3: Actually,... I'm a bit confused on these panels. You've been working on a left to right order, but it almost seems like it's right to left in this shot. Part of the confusion is that I'm not sure where the larger text bubble (the one that begins with "There are so many thing...") is paired to.

Barring that, though, still excellent displays of architecture and subtle lighting, and of course your many courses of Linux-sama cuteness enhancement.

Yeah, the text bubbles didn't jive quite right with me, either...I think I kinda ran out of space. (I really should work on making more space in the panels).

QuotePANEL 4/5: Definitely your finest lighting/shading work to date -- the rich lighting on the pleading Linux-sama is [dare I say] almost movie quality. ^v^

Your comics greatest strength is definitely in its charismatic attenton to detail such as this, among of course many other factors! ^v^

I had a lot of fun in Inkscape with the shading on this one...

QuotePANELS 9/10: Again, a small throwback to our little "astral time travel discussion"... me likey. ^.^

I feel I kinda like the profile closeup shots the most -- it's both cool and artsy. ^^

I like that profile shot, as well. I was wondering how it would work out...having so many panels with featuring only one character...but I tried to switch up the "camera angles" and make it interesting.

QuotePANEL 13: *squeals* She does look kinda cute when she scowls. ^^
With that expression + the scowl + the bowl hair,... she reminds me just a tad of Lafiel from the Banner of the Stars series. ^___^

Get a load of the bowl-job, Marge!

I couldn't resitst....

*googles Lafiel*

*stares at Linuxs-sama*

Well...yeah...a little...resemblance...

QuotePANEL 15: The hand is rendered with extreme detail here -- is that based off a real-life reference shot? I would have guessed yours, but... you told me once before you have freakishly narrow fingers, so now I'm stuck with the impression they'd be somewhat twig-like. ^__^;

Yeah, I think CLAMP may have used reference shots of my hands for their characters. Bwahaha.

I actually sort of freehanded this, though...fists and semi-fists aren't that difficult to draw...

QuotePANEL 16/17: Couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the chapter! ^v^

How many times do I have to say "This Comic is Fantastic!!"? Regardless, I never tire from saying that! It's Christmas every day you post up even a few pages of your masterpiece! ^o^

Thank you so much! ^^

QuoteFufufu! That works for me too. ^__^
But the Linuxen being Linuxen, I'm sure they made that public property too -- so not only are a bunch of impudent Linux-tans invading their turf so to speak, but they're *GASP* giving plebians access to it too!!

The nerve of those girls. ^^'

Haha! So you're saying, anyone could invite themselves over to diner?

QuoteI'm sorry. ;__;

Let me PM you about his once I'm rested. (kinda falling asleep typing this... probably committing litss pf ettorz...)

Don't be sorry!

QuoteThe suckage, it doth crush me! >>>v<<<

It's an interesting cameo -- we really don't see her around very often at all. ^.^

Yeah, I like Debian-san (aka the Great Ubuntu Usurperess XD)-- we really should see more of her.

QuoteOh right... Minix-sensei is only a Unix-like.

Tell you what.... Do yourself a favor and tune out C-chan's inane ramblings for a while. With so much stuff on my mind the past few weeks, I think I'm just spewing any silly thing I can think of.... -v-;

*suckage meter breaks*

Oh, I thought you knew some great Linux guru secret I didn't about Minix's heritage. No worry, Minix-sensei is still a Unixen in theory, and that's what counts. :)

QuoteOn the other hand... is 2gigs going to be enough? ''

I thought so too at one point, but.... you know.... collections just.... kinda.... grow. ^^'

Well...it was $49. And I'll probably use it while snowboarding, so I'll be surprised if it makes it through the year without getting fallen on, sat on, or skied over ^^;

I had one helluva time getting files on the thing...for one thing, it insisted I install WMP 11. Yeah, not gonna happen. No really, I don't have XP SP2, I couldn't possibly install it. And the so-called file transfer program didn't seem to work.

Finally, I ended up opening the music file in the Walkman and dragging my MP3s in. That seemed to work.

QuoteSure! ^v^
Just as long as you have my bloodtype -- I might need a few transfusions from the inevitable nosebleeds. ^.^;

You might even consider cameoing someone like Vi-kun as Simon. -v-

Yes. That would be pure win! XD

QuoteOkay,... my piggy stamina can hold out no more....

G'night. ^_________^

*flops on EeePC*

*snore* -.- Zzzzz

On one hand, you seem to type better than I do with a full night's (running into a partial day's) rest. On the other, I do tend to get very strange if I don't get my sleep...either going into the passive, blank, universally agreeable "living dead mode", or the considerably scarier "postal mode" XD

C-Chan

Right, right, right and....right! :P

I'm looking forward to where you might go with this game, too :3

Believe me I'm PSYCHED!!!  ^v^

Actually, had a bit of a scary experience last week where I tried to program in PyQT4 all by myself (with tutorials or cheat sheets or anything), and pretty much got nowhere.  All those tutorials and I still couldn't remember stuff off bat.

I learned VBA and Bash scripting by practicing it non-stop for days on end, so I've decided to stop tutorials and start programming... anything... just to get the practice going.  Anything I don't know, I copy and paste from one of the tutorial files, "dissect" it (commenting the code so I get used to what the commands mean), and then modify it to fit my needs.

It's all about practice and I definitely want to do that more often.  ^^

But right now, though, I'm focusing all my attention in artwork, to ensure the most graceful exit I've ever done.  ^___^

QuoteGet a load of the bowl-job, Marge!

I couldn't resitst....

GAAAAAH!!!  It's Gates!!!  Trying to buy out Homer's "internet" business.  ^^;

*googles Lafiel*

*stares at Linuxs-sama*

Well...yeah...a little...resemblance...

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's only marginal.  ^^
Actually, I already considered DOS/V-tan to be best suited for a Lafiel archtype.  You'll remember how nicely that worked out in the Zerosanity XMAS panel featuring her. ^^

Yeah, I think CLAMP may have used reference shots of my hands for their characters. Bwahaha.

Mwahahaha!!  ^v^
Funny though... they ARE very thin, yes, but also very very long.  `v'

QuoteHaha! So you're saying, anyone could invite themselves over to diner?

Just as long as they make sure that, should they choose to walk out with some food to resell or redistribute, they provide the source recipe along with it.  ^___^

Begs a new meaning to the phrase "Open Sauce", don't it?  ^.^

QuoteYeah, I like Debian-san (aka the Great Ubuntu Usurperess XD)-- we really should see more of her.

Uh-oh,... are those pitchforks and torches I see making their way towards Bella-hime?  ^____^;

Well...it was $49. And I'll probably use it while snowboarding, so I'll be surprised if it makes it through the year without getting fallen on, sat on, or skied over ^^;

Awesome!  Snowboarding sounds like it's tons of fun.  ^.^
But you must've done that for a long time, since you're willing to listen to music while you do so.  ^^

I still wouldn't dare try that while biking. ^^;

I had one helluva time getting files on the thing...for one thing, it insisted I install WMP 11. Yeah, not gonna happen. No really, I don't have XP SP2, I couldn't possibly install it. And the so-called file transfer program didn't seem to work.

Finally, I ended up opening the music file in the Walkman and dragging my MP3s in. That seemed to work.

Well it is a Sony after all.  Very friendly to DRM-enabled software, and not much to anything else.  ^^;

I doubt it will work, but be sure to check the manual for any indication of a mode-switcher -- you'll want your PC to treat the player like a USB Storage Device, NOT a Media Player (or else it'll become WMP-bait).  ^^;

QuoteYes. That would be pure win! XD

*squeels with absolute EXTREME delight*  >>>v<<<<

And did I forget to mention they'd need a Boota too?  *clear throat*  ^___^

And... um... I'm not picky as to where I make my home in... *blushes*  ^///^

On one hand, you seem to type better than I do with a full night's (running into a partial day's) rest. On the other, I do tend to get very strange if I don't get my sleep...either going into the passive, blank, universally agreeable "living dead mode", or the considerably scarier "postal mode" XD

Oh, I have my own C-chan equivalents of those as well.

Instead of Living Dead Mode, I go into "Drunken Stupor" mode, and once in a blue moon, after a few cups of embellished orange juice, iced tea, and some weird variations of pina colada, it might actually be literal.  ^^;

And instead of Postal Mode, I enter the absolutely terrifying state of Piggy Madness Syndrome.  Take my word for it -- there's nothing like the sight of a rampaging mini pig to strike ph34r in the hearts of men....

...although admittedly just men.  Don't know why, but don't mind not knowing.  ^///^

Bella

QuoteBelieve me I'm PSYCHED!!! ^v^

Actually, had a bit of a scary experience last week where I tried to program in PyQT4 all by myself (with tutorials or cheat sheets or anything), and pretty much got nowhere. All those tutorials and I still couldn't remember stuff off bat.

I learned VBA and Bash scripting by practicing it non-stop for days on end, so I've decided to stop tutorials and start programming... anything... just to get the practice going. Anything I don't know, I copy and paste from one of the tutorial files, "dissect" it (commenting the code so I get used to what the commands mean), and then modify it to fit my needs.

It's all about practice and I definitely want to do that more often. ^^

But right now, though, I'm focusing all my attention in artwork, to ensure the most graceful exit I've ever done. ^___^

I admire the sort of patience and memory it must take to teach yourself to program! I would never have that kind of patience, not in a million years...

...okay, not for anything useful.

QuoteGAAAAAH!!! It's Gates!!! Trying to buy out Homer's "internet" business. ^^;

Best. Episode. Ever. I actually found a few clips of that episode...I have to say my favorite line is (Gates:) "Do you think I got rich writing a bunch of checks?"

...no, you got rich by raiding a lot of competitors' code...

...and of course, scare tactics.

QuoteMwahahaha!! ^v^
Funny though... they ARE very thin, yes, but also very very long. `v'

Oh no problem there...a bizarre family trait is "freakishly long limbs". No really. My brother always complains about sleeves being to short. I prefer to think of it as "sleek", though, not "freaky" XD

QuoteJust as long as they make sure that, should they choose to walk out with some food to resell or redistribute, they provide the source recipe along with it. ^___^

Begs a new meaning to the phrase "Open Sauce", don't it? ^.^

Bwhaha...

QuoteUh-oh,... are those pitchforks and torches I see making their way towards Bella-hime? ^____^;

*runs*

Whaaaaaa! I still love you Ubuntu-san...but I love your mother, too!!!!

*runs*

QuoteAwesome! Snowboarding sounds like it's tons of fun. ^.^
But you must've done that for a long time, since you're willing to listen to music while you do so. ^^

I still wouldn't dare try that while biking. ^^;

Snowboarding, a friend one explained to me, is very hard to pick up, but easy to accelerate in (whereas skiing is intuivtive at first, but considerably more difficult to master). I will vouch it is initially very difficult, frustraiting, and occasionally painful-- especially without having an experienced instructor. I certainly couldn't go more than ten feet without toppling over until I signed up for lessons. ^///^

I guess a lot of it is going against your instincts...for one thing, it's not logical going sideways down a hill, and the ski lifts aren't very forgiving to mistakes. In most sports, speed is something you gain with experience, but speed (and a steep enough slope to produce it) is needed to actually archive balance and control (much like riding a bike). Also like biking, it's something that comes very naturally eventually...you don't forget it. I didn't go snowboarding for a whole year and was afraid I would've "forgotten" how to...but on the first run of the new season, I got out there and was actually BETTER than the year before!

But I digress. Half of the people out there already have MP3 players...certainly makes for some peaceful, quiet trips up the mountain in the gondola. Always a weird situation that, being packed in a tiny car with three other strangers.

QuoteWell it is a Sony after all. Very friendly to DRM-enabled software, and not much to anything else. ^^;

I doubt it will work, but be sure to check the manual for any indication of a mode-switcher -- you'll want your PC to treat the player like a USB Storage Device, NOT a Media Player (or else it'll become WMP-bait). ^^;

Done and done. Windows recognizes it as nothing BUT a storage device.

Quote*squeels with absolute EXTREME delight* >>>v<<<<

And did I forget to mention they'd need a Boota too? *clear throat* ^___^

And... um... I'm not picky as to where I make my home in... *blushes* ^///^

You...you...PIG!!! ^v^

I probably would've been able to post the sketch I did, had I not gotten carried away with that other picture...

QuoteOh, I have my own C-chan equivalents of those as well.

Instead of Living Dead Mode, I go into "Drunken Stupor" mode, and once in a blue moon, after a few cups of embellished orange juice, iced tea, and some weird variations of pina colada, it might actually be literal. ^^;

And instead of Postal Mode, I enter the absolutely terrifying state of Piggy Madness Syndrome. Take my word for it -- there's nothing like the sight of a rampaging mini pig to strike ph34r in the hearts of men....

...although admittedly just men. Don't know why, but don't mind not knowing. ^///^

Oh, I know somebody who loves drunken stupor mode. Usually is literal in his case. Probably better than his "the world is out to get me!" mode, though that's sometimes funnier XD

And in the spirit of posting pigs-with-cute-girls...

...You do like PSPs, right? :P