H-NA Productions' RP 2 - ERROR:422 (Outgame)

Started by NejinOniwa, March 15, 2008, 01:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

Yeah, the reason beliza didn't reflect that has to do with few things.

One, as Smokey had already posted about Crazy ox's actions, that made it feel like it had already passed some minutes after the accident, therefore beliza might've already reacted to the thing without it being described.

Two, Beliza isn't really the type of person to lash out rage at other people, more likely just get grumpy and even more sarcastic about things or something.

NejinOniwa

Gotcha ^^ Didn't get that time perspective thing but meh, what goes on goes on. Just kinda wanted you to lash out in fury at Eliano and have him go "waah!" generally ^,^

Added after 36 seconds:

Oh and hey! Where is the delicious question cream i was being served before? I'm hungry!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Well talking about edable questions, how's about explaining about the edable flora and fauna?

It would seem silly to have C/O eat a plant in full confidence, only to die from poisoning and have you saying "I told ya so"
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

*Gundam Wing theme plays in background for no apparent reason*

TEH DEMON IS BACK, IN FULL FORCE  ;006

So let's get this party started for realz.

While gone I've been writing on the EW story, and doing some major editjobs on the existing parts. I'm also thinking of how to integrate this stuff into the story itself, and if I get lucky we might see some of them characters around Luthisport halfway through Book One. Frankly, this has been the greatest boost to my writing since I started - I owe you all lots of thanks for getting me up and going again. Really, I do.

Anyway, to answer Smokey-kun's question, today's rant will be on Fauna.

RANT MODE!

Being a continent largely made up of deserts and mountains, Quarmote has  some pretty distinct wildlife.
I'll let you in on a secret: Quarmote wasn't originally like it is now. Once it was a frozen land, ravaged by Glaecim's twists of mood and the Raevaesh storms. And with little life having been "imported", there aren't much animals that were natural to the environment from the beginning. Indeed, most of Quarmote's wildlife are the results of man-ipulations -w- on the wildlife that survived the very, very swift environmental change that the continent went through - Cactae, for example, are extreme modifications of Fir trees, bred to survive in desert grounds.
_____
*temporary break*
MISAO FUKK YEAH!!!
*nosebleed rocket*
Er. Sorry.
_____
As a result of most wildlife being man-bred results of what previously was arctic resemblants, you won't have to worry much about poison. While there doesn't exist much stuff that is dangerous to humans by nature. Cactae can of course be pointy, but that's another thing.
Anyway, the most interesting flora is yielded by the deltas and wetter lands such as the Halderan south. There are few big forests on the continent, but smaller ones spot the coast and riverlands like dots on a leopard. Quarmote's trees aren't very special for the most part, but the abundance of some of the rarer species such as Red Talpfer - famous for its ever-crimson leaves - the silver-leafed Talmian’s Lament, the dark Tulevin and the Coronet Oak - one of the biggest tree species in the world - make its leaven forests havens for much wildlife and also, very pretty. That is a stark contrast to the great forests' stark miles of nothing but Fir - the Corkan Forest is quite close to Tolkien's Mirkwood in moodyness - and the ranges of twisted, stickly, bush-like Fyelborch covering the mountain plateaus, fighting against the wind from birth.
One mentionable rarity, though, is the Ashwood tree. It is small, rarely over 4 meters tall, and its stickly branches yield only a few, dark-green leaves. But the wood itself is worth more than its weight in gold - the coal-black ashwood is very light, very durable, and thus an ideal material for construction of smaller mechanisms or longbows. Its characteristic smell of burnt charcoal also keeps it from being popularized among nobles, and thus exploited and turned extinct.

Damn, this rant didn't get very far. But meh. I'll continue tomorrow. Until then, folks, POST ON! LET LIVE THE THREAD!

Smokey

Aaaand, we're back.....
Starting to get bored, here... :D

*hears sappy sentimental music*

Anyways, good to see you're back... ;010

*shoots the guy playing sentimental music*

*puts on a liveset of Mark Norman - Live in Jakarta*

That's better, now let's get this show back on the road... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Yup. Anyone else mind getting to it in the Ingame thread, or shall I get things rolling as planned?

Smokey

Eeehm...

*Smokey pulls out a fresh tab to see what was what in the ingame thread*

Go ahead... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

I'll get things rolling then. FOLLOW MY LEAD, PEOPLE!
But first, this Elastico needs his sleep. I'll hit that tomorrow, during lunch.
Nighty!

NejinOniwa

Well. I fsck'd. But I'm on it right now, typing away, so I won't break my promise, at least. Just stretch and bend a bit. Elastico, remember? Fitting, isn't it. -w-

Smokey

No rush...
No pressure, what so ever...

*grins evily*
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Uwa! Someone revived the ingame thread!? Yatta!

Er. >_>

Anyway, you guys still up for kicking the curb, doing the impossible and piercing the heavens with this? Cuz I sure as hell am, but it's a bit hard when you're on your own.

Smokey

Yeah, it seems we lost a couple on the way...
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Uh oh...

Yeah, I've been bit busy lately.
But I think I might come up with something at somepoint soon.

Takes somewhat lot of time to think up my "moves", mostly because I'm bad at making stories.

Smokey

Hey, 's arrite... at least you haven't forgotten... :D

Took me a couple of days to come with a move too, so...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Hm.

If you're the kind of people who are like that a bit, maybe I could give you some of the sequences that'll follow a bit ahead? It might spoil some of the fun, but then again it'll pace it up a bit and drive the fun up more.
How about it?

Added after 17 minutes:

Also. I just now remember how convenient the Nimaxari Runes are when writing with phonetics. If I had all the letters I wanted I could have made that "zat...sthing" into "(vibe Dz)+a+t...(sharp whist TH)+i+ng" with just a little rattle. Now I have to go through the whole shit with trying to decide what's what when Eliano speaks.