H-NA Productions' RP 2 - ERROR:422 (Outgame)

Started by NejinOniwa, March 15, 2008, 01:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Keep the questions going VonDaab... There's interesting stuff for me there, too... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

VonDaab

So I can assume that they got pretty similar Periodic table compared to the real world?

So more questions.
How is the flora and fauna?
You don't need to make a list about the whole world yet, it would be enough to know what kind of animal world the area we are at moment is populated with.

And what kind of calendar system are they using, like in, do they got 7 or 10 days in a week? 24hours in a day? What's the progress in astronomy?

Language, in what stage are they in literature? Blockprinting?
Arts and culture?

Oh this is getting silly.
I'm making this harder and harder for you, am I?

oh hmm... maybe I should figure out a way to join the ingame thread too...

Smokey

This is good... Gives Nejin things to think about for his world...

And for starting "Ingame", you could enter the tavern we are all in....
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Silly, my boi? Not at all! I'm just getting started, over here - I haven't even gotten halfway into the linkage between science and magic yet, so don't be saying hey yet!

The Periodic table is pretty similar, yes. To make it easy, and yet hard, for me, I've been constantly trying to link together the pieces of the puzzle between our physical laws and the principles of EWAR - it gives me some free ride, but it's also one hell of a work making up magic-stuff that works with our laws of physics - or at least most of them.
Granted, there are some changes in both names and minerals, but essentially the stuff is the same.

Literature is a pretty advanced process by now, and since a few years ago all Halderan military reports are made on a standard-issued typewriter. Not field reports, of course, only those made in base, but still. As I said, the world at large is around 17-1800-ish, so yeah.

And the Arts & Culture department - well, that's a bit of a problem. Someone once made up the idea of Opera, but everyone hated it, so now it's just a singing practice. Theaters are quite well-seen, but exist only in the larger cities - where they do, though, spectacular light shows and some extraordinary Special Effects can be seen in usage, though.
Fireworks are pretty advanced as well, but due to the lack of gunpowder or any reasonably good equivalent they are fueled with pressurized Hydrogen gas or organic variants as Methane or Propane, which of the former is produced only in the ancient Flood Gate of Waterhill, by unknown procedures - and the latter are taken out of organic distillation processes as byproducts, or distilled out of imported petroleum. The trouble with the fuel thus makes fireworks a very expensive thing and an extreme rarity, but the massive amounts displayed at yearly festivals such as Reld Tide (midsummer) and the Midwinter festival Eldara Uvéni Ëlithein(which translates roughly to "Burning the Shining Fires") makes them a spectacular and exciting rarity for the citizens. The process of coloring flames is well known, though - for example, the southeast watchtower of Osinia, Seastower, burns its lighthouse-like flame with a blue color during the whole winter.

The calendar system is roughly the same as the corrected Gregorian calendar - based on an older system from before the foundings of the Quarmote kingdoms, the 365 day year is divided up into twelve 30-day months. The final 5 days of the year are assigned no month, as they are literally "moonless"; neither moon, nor sun rises over Quarmote during the deepest midwinter, during which not even the southernmost parts of the continent gets to see any light at all besides the stars and the brights fires of Eldara Uvéni Ëlithein, which are held during these pitch-black days.
Days are measured in 24 hours with 59 minutes and 60 seconds each, but AM and PM is replaced by the Zenith/Midnight system, Which is parted as such: 00:00 - 05:59: Midnight & Past. 00:00 is midnight, with anything after that being x hours and x minutes past midnight, just as normal. The last 30 minutes are sometimes changed to "x minutes to morn shift" instead of 5 hours and x minutes past midnight.
06:00 - 11:59: To, Fore & Zenith. With 12:00 as Zenith, x hours and x minutes to Zenith makes up this stretch. As said before, though, some refer to 05:30 - 06:30 as "morn shift hour", and give it past and 'fore as for that.
12:00 - 17:59: Zenith & Past. Same rules as above, and "eve shift hour" falls between 17:30 and 18:30.
18:00 - 24:00: To, Fore & Midnight. Same rules as above, and "eve shift" between 17:30 and 18:30.

Astronomy is mainly used for charts at sea, but those are pretty advanced - and the observatories on the high platforms in Sakrim Lardomni, the Hilt and the Watcher's Range give excellent positioning statistics for the entire year. The Heliocentric model has been in use for the entire lifetime of the three nations, and some observations of other planetoids in the close vicinity have given good ideas of how the world cycles around the sun and functions on a cosmic level - however, there exists no real big interest for astronomy as a science, and it is still mostly viewed as a tool for navigation at sea and land.

PHEW
The rants are growing longer and longer!!!

Oh, and joining shouldn't be a problem - either you could just waltz in, or bump in to us as we're leaving or even on the road. Or here's an idea - you crash through the roof, Lenoria gets blamed for it failing and is fired, and we're all chased away. Ha! My brain's overclocked today!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

I'm building up my entry now, though it seems bit passive, means that I wont bump into the other characters immediatly.

Btw, what's the currency and the economy?
Are people still trading with chuncks of rare metals or is it only moneys?

NejinOniwa

I think I mentioned that a few posts before...but what ever. -w-

There are different coinages for each nation, but they differ little in value - and due to the abundance of metal, the coins are almost always made in pure coin metals as silver or gold, with no alloying process. The Halderan Crowns are somewhat heavier than their Vassican and Peltairan counterparts, though. More on that later, but I have to go eat dinnerz nao.

Toki

Hay gais... I won't really be able to contribute to the RP until school starts again xD I don't have a computer of my own... I internet mostly at school... and it's spring break!!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

Aw, man...Well enjoy your spring break ;010

And I think, since you work at the tavern, it wouldn't be impossible to work around... Nej, suggestions?
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Well...I dunno, really.
Also, I'm off for MY spring break on Sunday - meaning, I'll be staying 80 (metric) miles north burying myself in snow, with absolutely no uplink at all. I suggest that we try getting the show on the road, out of the inn, before we call it a break, though.

Smokey

Is everyone going on spring break?! great...I get to work...yay...

Oh well. you enjoy yourself too Nej...

And to get things started beforehand... shouldn't we at least get all preps done and decide then on setting off before spring break? (it would mean that you'll have more to remember when you get back, if we'd "just" prep up, we'd have a nice fresh start...)
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Toki

I'm really nervous around other people so I can't make very relevant posts right now ;-; I don't like RPing with other people LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER. jk I love my freinds...

Yes I have freinds... o-o;

Added after 10 minutes:

Hay!!

I made a Lenoria sketch... tee hee...
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

VonDaab

Let's not make any rushed decisions here now.
Let the RP grow at its own phase.

My Easter holidays began today, therefore I will be on the internets almost 24/7, heh. Until next Tuesday when my school starts again.

Oho, really nice sketch of Lenoria. GJ, Toki.

Some quick mspaint of beliza.
Need to make one with more clothes later.

NejinOniwa

Ha! Nice boat, people!
I was slightly disturbed by the fact that Beliza didn't seem to even reflect upon the fact that her chair was flipped while she was sitting on it and she was tumbled over...lol, wut?

Not completely related but I also did a small (albeit lacking in QUALITY) sketch of book 1 character Miraine, so I now have an alpha-layout of the Halderan Army Uniform. I'll see if I'll do one of our Eliano later on as well, and maybe some more characters from both the books and those who might be appearing in the RP; that'll come later on though, but I might just do some drawfag spammage during my skiing trip... >:3

I'll be trying to keep things going as far as possible, though. For the massive winnage! FORTH! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Smokey

*thinks*
(maybe i'll ravage the village while the rest is away. :D)

LOL, No let's just keep going untill yáll go on holidays and pick up when we're all back... (bottom line)

For great justice! STAY! I have no idea who you are!..... :D

BTW, great sketch, Toki... ;010
And... great drawing VonDaab... ;010 too....
:D
Thanks Fedora-sama