Main Menu

ASUS-Tan?

Started by Smokey, February 21, 2008, 08:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

I wondered if there were any ASUS-Tans wondering the net cuz I have an ASUS-mainboard on wich i can change the BIOS-splash screen.
Just thought it would be a great idea to have it show an ASUS-Tan when it's booting...
If anyone can be bothered to make one I'd be sooooooo grateful.  ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Hm...
Have you looked through the gallery? There might be one in the "Others" section. You might also want to have a peek at http://www.wakachan.org/os/wakaba.html - that place is normally quite full of more alternative things like Hardware-tans and so.

If you don't find anything...well, then we'll probably be happy to get something to draw!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Well, Ive pretty much ravaged the galleries here and I browse wakachan from time to time but although I found everything from Pepsi-tans to sr7 blackbird-tans (Gigabyte is well represented as a mainboard-tan :( ) there's no ASUS-Tan...

*sob, sob*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

I know C-Chan was thinking about, possibly, doing a Asus EeePC-tan (he's quite the EeePC aficionado)...

I dunno about an Asus-tan, but why not design one?

Smokey

I'll try but prepare...(my drawing skills has caused my art teacher to want to blow-torch his eyes out)
Thanks Fedora-sama

C-Chan

Yes, I lovez ma baby!!!  ^v^

And yes, I have wanted to draw an EeePC-tan, and might just do so.  Might even risk breaking the embargo on drawing her "underneath" a certain buxom OS-tan.    ^^

Dos

GRR i hate it a lot it my replace    
-dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

C-Chan

Oh don't worry, DOS-chan.  I have DOSBox in here too, so you and me can play in the EeePC all we want.  ^__^

*dances and frolics with DOS-chan*

Just remind me to teach you all about BASH later, since I've gotten very good with it lately.  Might give you some new ideas.  ^__~

Smokey

Well, I've found out one thing.... Drawing in Photoshop with only your mouse is impossible :D . So I'll browse around for a grafx-tablet this afternoon... (or I could yust sketch her and scan the Images...)
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

QuoteWell, I've found out one thing.... Drawing in Photoshop with only your mouse is impossible  . So I'll browse around for a grafx-tablet this afternoon... (or I could yust sketch her and scan the Images...)

I'd say just scan your concept sketches for now. But...have you ever considered trying vector art...? It's surprisingly easy with a mouse...

Smokey

I haven't worked with that before (vector art).... The most advanced artistic software I have is Photoshop 7.0 wich is still pixel based as far as I can tell (I have to say that pixel-based artwork is really easy to retouch...Pixel by pixel  ;012 ).
As for the conept sketches.... I still have to complete them, because it's hard for me to get such ideas from my head, through my arm onto some paper... (Mathematical shapes and circuit-boards, no problem but a person? wow that requires REAL skills at drawing  ;010 )

P.S. I could also cheat by asking my friend's cousin (he's a really good tattoo artist :D) that would probably speed thing up and 's a chance to spread the OS-Tans into a new local community.....
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

Well, if you ever want to give vector art a try, you're in the right place :)

Hope we can see your or your friend's sketches!

Smokey

Well... I've started a couple of sketches, but I tend to get perfectionistic about the things I do and now I've got a paperbasket full of paper and I've learned that I shouldn't sketch for long periods without coffebreaks or I'll get frustrated (wich my keyboard doesn't like :D )... But eventually I'll get better at this and I'll post my first Picture(s) here... (cool)
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

Can't wait to see them!

Smokey

Well i'm downsizing the whole project to doable chunks...I'm starting with the outfit , then I think I'll do the face....It'll all be vague and it'll be here to give a general idea...
I've hijacked my sisters apartment so I can even work in peace on this ( and read up on stuff for my other project...)

Sorry for not uploading anything as of yet, but what I've drawn so far would be an insult to you guys...
Thanks Fedora-sama