Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waddledee007

I only have one thing to say about those two comic.

Random.

so I clap to your randomness ;019

Aurora Borealis

Now that I get the reference to the Cogito virus, I feel tempted to throw in an "Ergo Proxy" reference at some point!

---

And now... PAGE 03!

[in process of revamp -__- as of 10/08/08]

*pant* Took a lot longer than I hoped. X__x  Panel 5 was by far the most time-consuming part! But I am nearly finished with the first 2 panels of page 04!

Anyways...System 5-tan apologizes to Antares-tan for not doing anything to stop Foobies-tan's antics, (although it is hard to tell if she really does mean it, known to be a prankster and all... But would she dare be insincere to one of those she has the strongest friendship with? Them pranksters are tricky) and then some supposedly comforting words get horribly misinterpreted! (with an explanation on the bottom of the page)

It is then shown that things are quickly back to normal after the incident involving Foobies-tan. But not so fast! Meanwhile in another room, Puma-tan has to clean up the broken glass- her screaming caused the most damage! But then a suitcase smashes though the window. However, that suitcase was NOT Suiseiseki's! (But the first guest appearance is hers though ~desu!)

As a bonus, here are closeups of the iPod-tans on the page! Tried to integrate the closeups into the page but didn't work well, not much bigger than the originals on the page which were tiny.

Siya

Hurrah for Suiseiseki!

The iPod-tans are adorable, as is the Newspeak conversation.

Bella

Panel 1: Oooh, Antares-tan, System 5-tan, and a cute little iPod-tan :)
2: LOL! Not only are Systems 1's incredibly cute, but the dialogue is great here!
3: This is also great! Seeing the 1's panicking and the looks on System 5 and 6-tan's is priceless!
4: What's that in the sky? A bird? A plane? No, it's just Antares-tan and System 5-tan (who's still toting that iPod-tan!). Everyone looks great here!

Panel 5: I've already commented on this one ;)
6: Seen this one before, but after reading what Mac-tan said, I can't shake the feeling she speaks with a great amount of class...which gets me to wondering what the different OS-tans talk like XD
7: Haha! Freaked-out Mac-tan and Puma-chan are great! I think Mac is just angry, while Puma-chan realizes she's gonna have to re-sweep the floor :P
8: I kinda sorta get the Rozen Maiden reference (because of the suitcase, right?) ...but, out of all the cute characters here, Puma-chan is the most adorable...that look on her face is just so... @__@

And you set it up for an interesting page 4!

Aurora Borealis

Thank you! And you are correct about the "Rozen Maiden" reference, Suiseiseki gets introduced by crashing into Jun's window and then Shinku forces him to clean it up.

As for what different OS-tans (and related characters) talk like, not sure for all of them but here are the characters that I know of with distinctly different speech patterns:

Inu-T: ends sentences with ~wauf (in ZS and a couple other OS-tan comics ~wauf)

Linspire-tan: ends sentences and some words with -o (Although only in zerOSanity-o!)

Something Awful-tan: Describes everything as 'awful' in some way. Isn't that awful?

Fark-tan + TotalFark-tan: Often speak in the style of Fark headlines

Foobies-tan: ends sentences with her name and also sometimes shouts it in excitement... FOOBIES!!

BBSpot-tan: Adds an extra 'B' to words that Bbegin with a B. Such as "BBelievers", "BBloopers".

Mac System 1-tan: Speaks almost entirely in Newspeak. Newspeak doubleplusgood!

Mac System 2-tan (aka: Ahiru-chan): Also speaks in Newspeak and Duckspeak (which is pretty much quacking). QUACK QUACK QUACK!

Mac System 6.0.x-tan (aka: Antares-tan): Frequent usage of the phrase "big deal". That's a big deal!

Sonata: At least in Mac Manga, she speaks formally. Yes, that is so.

Lisa-tan: Not at all actually. Although I imagine she would have spoken like an aristocrat!

Tinfoil Hat-tan: Speaks in a perpetually crazy and freaked out way (although able to talk calmly without her hat, which is the source of her paranoia and hysteria). AAAH AAAAAH AAAAAAH! ARE-- ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE MY HAT! THEY-- THEY ARE OUT TO GET ME!!

I also think that Puma-tan would mumble a lot, Panther-tan would also speak formally, Tiger-tan would almost always sound excited in some way, PCLOS-tan would have a Southern accent, Plan 9-tan would include a lot of shouting and maniacal laughter, and Plan B-tan would speak in sort of a deadpan voice.

---
But now I have a request: I've been trying to write up a very sappy Mac Party Redux special in response to support for Classic being completely dropped but to no avail. (ideas I tried turned out to be too hard) Anyone willing to help with ideas? ;__;

C-Chan

WAI!!!!  NOW I remember this!!!  ^V^
Thank you Aurora-hime for bringing Page 3 to life!  ^0^

I'll be back to say more, and offer some ideas for Classic sappage (mostly involving Lisa-tan consoling Sonata-sama).  But I'm definitely loving this and very happy to see this going strong.  ^___^

(oh, and if we stick to the original brainstorming,... I... know... what's.... coming.... next.... ^.^)

Bella

QuoteAs for what different OS-tans (and related characters) talk like, not sure for all of them but here are the characters that I know of with distinctly different speech patterns:

Inu-T: ends sentences with ~wauf (in ZS and a couple other OS-tan comics ~wauf)

Linspire-tan: ends sentences and some words with -o (Although only in zerOSanity-o!)

Something Awful-tan: Describes everything as 'awful' in some way. Isn't that awful?

Fark-tan + TotalFark-tan: Often speak in the style of Fark headlines

Foobies-tan: ends sentences with her name and also sometimes shouts it in excitement... FOOBIES!!

BBSpot-tan: Adds an extra 'B' to words that Bbegin with a B. Such as "BBelievers", "BBloopers".

Mac System 1-tan: Speaks almost entirely in Newspeak. Newspeak doubleplusgood!

Mac System 2-tan (aka: Ahiru-chan): Also speaks in Newspeak and Duckspeak (which is pretty much quacking). QUACK QUACK QUACK!

Mac System 6.0.x-tan (aka: Antares-tan): Frequent usage of the phrase "big deal". That's a big deal!

Sonata: At least in Mac Manga, she speaks formally. Yes, that is so.

Lisa-tan: Not at all actually. Although I imagine she would have spoken like an aristocrat!

Tinfoil Hat-tan: Speaks in a perpetually crazy and freaked out way (although able to talk calmly without her hat, which is the source of her paranoia and hysteria). AAAH AAAAAH AAAAAAH! ARE-- ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE MY HAT! THEY-- THEY ARE OUT TO GET ME!!

I also think that Puma-tan would mumble a lot, Panther-tan would also speak formally, Tiger-tan would almost always sound excited in some way, PCLOS-tan would have a Southern accent, Plan 9-tan would include a lot of shouting and maniacal laughter, and Plan B-tan would speak in sort of a deadpan voice.

Hmmm...yes, I agree with most of those. Though I think PCLOS-tan would speak with a Texan accent, not a southern one :P

And Plan 9-tan likes to sound very formal and leaned, but usually she ends up just sounding nonsensical.

As for others I've thought of, I suppose XP-tan would be a bit ditsy (kinda like Orihime from Bleach)

VMS-sama I always thought would be quite the strong, silent type (with maybe just a *hint* of a Massachusetts accent, XD)

Multics-sama I suppose would be very aristocratic, as well, and loves to work Latin into conversations...

Unix-sama....hmmm...probably very to-the-point and no nonsense. And not very big on formalities, as it has been said that Unix never says "Please" :P

The Linuxes would be all over the place; I suppose they'd take on an accent from wherever the distro was created (like with PCLOS-tan), and I guess Linux-sama might have a slight Finnish accent. I guess the same could be said for the Unixes, too...

QuoteBut now I have a request: I've been trying to write up a very sappy Mac Party Redux special in response to support for Classic being completely dropped but to no avail. (ideas I tried turned out to be too hard) Anyone willing to help with ideas? ;__;

*very dramatically*

Why, my ears are burning! So, please tell, who is to be the object of this sap? The classic Macs, or what...?

Once I know who's gonna be featured, I would be glad to help out! For I am the self-professed queen of all that is melodramatic!

*walks out dramatically*

Aurora Borealis

^ yes, the Classic Mac-tans would be the center of the sappyness. Most likely would involve the Classic Mac-tans thinking that now since Classic support has been dropped that they aren't needed anymore. 9.2-tan would be the most devestated by that (Mac OS 9.2 was made for the Classic Environment)

Alfamille

QuoteNow that I get the reference to the Cogito virus, I feel tempted to throw in an "Ergo Proxy" reference at some point!

Awww.... Pino-chan is so cute!

---

And now... PAGE 03!

*pant* Took a lot longer than I hoped. X__x Panel 5 was by far the most time-consuming part! But I am nearly finished with the first 2 panels of page 04!

Anyways...System 5-tan apologizes to Antares-tan for not doing anything to stop Foobies-tan's antics, (although it is hard to tell if she really does mean it, known to be a prankster and all... But would she dare be insincere to one of those she has the strongest friendship with? Them pranksters are tricky) and then some supposedly comforting words get horribly misinterpreted! (with an explanation on the bottom of the page)

It is then shown that things are quickly back to normal after the incident involving Foobies-tan. But not so fast! Meanwhile in another room, Puma-tan has to clean up the broken glass- her screaming caused the most damage! But then a suitcase smashes though the window. However, that suitcase was NOT Suiseiseki's! (But the first guest appearance is hers though ~desu!)

I wanna give a big round of applause on Aurora-hime for the "1984" reference.  ;019  Not only that, but also to a nicely made page 3 of the series.

I really find the 5th panel hilarious! I like Mac-tan's and Puma-chan's facial expression! Classic!

Am I the only one who sees Tempo-chan hot? :P

As a bonus, here are closeups of the iPod-tans on the page! Tried to integrate the closeups into the page but didn't work well, not much bigger than the originals on the page which were tiny.

Thumbs up for giving us the closeups!  ;010

Aurora Borealis

It's been a long time since asking, but I am still interested in the idea of a comic made in response to Classic support being dropped. It will be very sappy, with the Classic Mac-tans leaving the Mac House thinking that they are not needed anymore (especially Mac OS 9-tan who is the most devastated by this) but I'm completely stuck with how to do this.... Help please!

C-Chan

WAAAAAAH?  Classic support is being dropped?  @@

Well in fairness, it has been over 10 years.  Still, kind of a bummer.  -.-'

I wouldn't mind doing a little brainstorming, but....

...well....

...I've wondered as of late if maybe I'm getting boring.  Perhaps you'd want to hear from someone younger, dashing and more dynamic, or just plain newer.  -v-

*sobs*

[melodramatically] Yessirreebob, I kinda know how the Classic Mac-tans feel....  ;___;

*leaves Mac House along with them*

Oh wait... I was at the Mac House, and didn't take the opportunity to glomp at Pu-chan?  This injustice cannot stand.... -.-

*solemnly goes back into house*

Aurora Borealis

Classic is completely unsupported in Leopard.

I need quite a bit of brainstorming, but I imagine that upon Leopard-tan's arrival to the Mac House, there is also the news that Classic support is dropped and Mac OS 9-tan is devastated by that, despite knowing it was just a matter of time before that would happen. Still, she is saddened and outraged at the same time and runs away. The other Classic Mac-tans soon follow (although some later than others). Most likely they decide to be wanderers, or go to the Binteeji Renmei for help!

The really tricky part is how they decide to get back home, if they all do!

C-Chan

*purrs while being petted by Puma-tan*

*siiiiiiiiigh* This is bliss.....  ^.^

Okay okay, I'll pitchin the brainstorming, but just a little bit.  -v-

Let's start with the basics: Why did all hell break loose once Leopard-tan arrived?

Is it because:

A) She already arrived bearing both gifts and pink slips from Apple management, and thought that perhaps her older sisters were happy to retire?  (you know, cause now they can relax and stuff)

B) She arrived as something of a know-it-all and began critizing her older, slower, less efficient sisters to the point of driving some of them away in tears?

C) Being a genius, she began building machines to automate many of the tasks they used to perform quite well.  Seeing even their knitting or apple peeling being done far better than a new-fangled contraption that no one except the OSX-tans knew how to operate, their obsolence hit them like a huge weight.

I guess we'll leave for later where they go or what they planned to do, but for now it's best to start from the beginning.  ^^

Aurora Borealis

I haven't decided at first, and all three possibilities you gave are all so good! So hard to decide!

Scenario A: Leopard-tan meant well at least, and she'd probably be saddened greatly by unintentionally driving most of her older sisters away! Lots of sap!

Scenario B: Well, Leopard did have quite a few problems at release, and the biggest one is compatibility issues (which I know firsthand :( ). In this scenario, I believe that Leopard-tan was trying to be helpful but was very blunt with the way she said things, and was a know-it-all to try and impress her older sisters but backfired. Confused at first after the Classic Mac-tans leave, the other OSX-tans scold Leopard-tan and they would go searching for them so Leopard-tan can apologize to them... Good sap potential here too.

Scenario C: I guess Leopard-tan or the other OSX-tans accidentally didn't tell the Classic Mac-tans how to operate those machines? Awkwaaaaard, but still very good! (and a certain Mac-tan would be especially mad about being outclassed by some little newbie punk's machines! Bwahahaha!)

I'm favoring either scenario A or B at the moment.

C-Chan

Fufufu... wow, it's been a long time since we've done something like this.  I'm feeling nostalgic.  ^.^

Alright, I do see you have a better handle on scenarios A and B.  Now as for deciding between them.... why not merge the two?  ^^

With more influence to B, of course, but it's precisely cause she's a bit overconfident and a know-it-all that she happily proclaims to the other girls "HEY!! GUESS WHAT?!  YOU CAN FINALLY RETIRE NOW!!!! *tee hee*" without really projecting herself in their shoes.  And a lot of what she later does is also in the best of intentions; but in being overprotective and treating them like elderly people or invalids, she might come off as condescending at times.

Even a little bit of C can be added -- she builds a robot intended to relieve them of any work (so they can, you know... lounge around and do nothing), and it just ends them pissing them off little by little.  

Perhaps the straw that broke the camel's could be if Sonata-sama woke up one morning and found the robot teaching her morning music class, and Leopard-chan behind her saying something innocent but still... rather stupid.  ^^;

Perhaps fishing for compliments, but instead ended up getting a nice wet SLAP and the sight of her older sister storming out of the house crying.  After that the exodus would follow, and slowly but surely the house would be emptied of its Classic inhabitants.

Except perhaps for System 7-tan, who in her own emo way might help Leopard-chan understand what she did (since I imagine the scolding from her older OSX sisters still doesn't really make her understand the enormity of her mistake).

What says you, Aurora-hime?  `v'