Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteHow about both? Add in Antares-tan as well as whatever other character you had in mind! Best of both worlds I say!

Ah, yes, but I've acquired an odd habit of not being able to include more than two characters in a picture, at least not very easily O__o

QuoteTime to insert that rare *ROTFL* tag right here. ^________^

Ah, yes, when one comes upon comedy that golden, one cannot pass up the chance...

QuoteAwww come on,.... I can tell from a mile away that's Tempo-chan. ^.^

Well, you can guess all day and you'll never get it...

She's not even a Mac, for one thing....

NeXTSTEP-san!!!

QuoteEnough to write a very incriminating novel with. ^___^

As the old saying goes: "Beware the quiet ones." ^___~

Oooohooohoo...I'd buy that novel...

...or not O_____O

C-Chan

QuoteAh, yes, but I've acquired an odd habit of not being able to include more than two characters in a picture, at least not very easily O__o

Tsk tsk tsk.... Bella-san Bella-san...... -v-

You've just got to do as NekOsaka does and Get it Together, Get it Together, Get it Together,... ad nauseum.  ^^

I don't like drawing more than two characters either, and see how I survived drawin the DOS-tan elves and the virus-tan reindeer in the Xmas special.  ^.^

QuoteWell, you can guess all day and you'll never get it...

She's not even a Mac, for one thing....

NeXTSTEP-san!!!

Ohhhh suuuuuuuuuuuure....
Cast aside Tempo-chan like she's not a kick-ass Mac warrior.  T___T

Go on... shoo her away.... don't be shy.....

You can always wallow in shame later on.  TvT

Fufufu... joking joing.  ^^
Besides NeXTSTEP-tan seems a good choice.  ^.^

QuoteOooohooohoo...I'd buy that novel...

...or not O_____O

You never know if maybe,... she came across the secret of UNIX-MULTICS,... or VMS-NT,... before anyone else did.  ^.^

Maybe the cute, shy, mousy, demeanor of hers is only a front.....  T__T

Maybe deep down inside.....  T___T'

She's actually......    T___________T;

A TIME-TRAVELING BATTLE WAITRESS FROM THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!  ^V^

*has pan fall on him*  >v<

Bella

QuoteTsk tsk tsk.... Bella-san Bella-san...... -v-

You've just got to do as NekOsaka does and Get it Together, Get it Together, Get it Together,... ad nauseum. ^^

I don't like drawing more than two characters either, and see how I survived drawin the DOS-tan elves and the virus-tan reindeer in the Xmas special. ^.^

That's true. And I did do that *nix holiday picture...

QuoteYou never know if maybe,... she came across the secret of UNIX-MULTICS,... or VMS-NT,... before anyone else did. ^.^

Oh, I see...Pu-chan visited a Multics reunion at MIT, and had a half a dozen ex-developers scream "Wake up people! Unix is our famous child! Coke and Pepsi are the same thing! Bwhahaa!" at her.

Sounds about right...

QuoteMaybe the cute, shy, mousy, demeanor of hers is only a front..... T__T

Maybe deep down inside..... T___T'

She's actually...... T___________T;

A TIME-TRAVELING BATTLE WAITRESS FROM THE FUTURE!!!!!!!! ^V^

*hatches elaborate scheme*

Eureka! Puma-chan in fact created the Time Machine pocketwatch Leopard-san uses! Realizing that she didn't want to be burdened by this ability, she gave the watch to her sister, hoping she could use it for more good than she could accomplish....

But this is just my colorful imagination...

C-Chan

QuoteThat's true. And I did do that *nix holiday picture...

Yep, you scratched and clawed your way into completing that character-rich pic.  And lest we not forget the Binteji Renmei snowball fight.  ^^

Or the *Nix family brawl, although that one was never finished.  ^.^

QuoteOh, I see...Pu-chan visited a Multics reunion at MIT, and had a half a dozen ex-developers scream "Wake up people! Unix is our famous child! Coke and Pepsi are the same thing! Bwhahaa!" at her.

Sounds about right...

Yep, the good thing about having all manner of insult, chide and profanity unleashed on you is that,... sometimes,... a few kernels of forbidden truth get mixed in.  ^.^

GYAAAH!!!  My PU-chan is starting to sound so multi-faceted!  ^___^

Quote*hatches elaborate scheme*

Eureka! Puma-chan in fact created the Time Machine pocketwatch Leopard-san uses! Realizing that she didn't want to be burdened by this ability, she gave the watch to her sister, hoping she could use it for more good than she could accomplish....

But this is just my colorful imagination...

Hmmmm.....  *ponders*

......................TOO INNOCENT!  ^0^

So get this....

She SAYS it's cause she wants Leopard-chan to make better use of it.....

But in reality.......  ^____^

SHE USES IT AS A SCHEME TO DISTRACT LEOPARD-CHAN, WHILE USES HER GENIUS TO CHANGE HISTORY BY USING THE POWER OF THE WORLD TREE TO REVEAL THE EXISTENCE OF MAGIC!!!  ^V^

............Okay, so maybe I did watch a little too much Mahou Sensei Negima.... ^^;

Alfamille

Oh my, sorry Aurora-hime for being late again!

Oh wait, C-chan showed me the first page months ago through PM.

It's finally great that you decided to start a series of pages of the Mac Party. Thank you Aurora-hime!

Aurora Borealis

Still haven't finished page 3 -__-. Mostly done with panels 1-5 and started panel 6. But I will show a preview!

unshaded preview of p.03 panel 5 of Mac Party Redux, shows some Mac-tans and many iPod-tans managing to get back to their lives after Foobies-tan appeared and wreaked perverted havoc!

And a couple more notes about this panel:

1. System 7-tan is petting a charred OSX-kun kitten, who got charred from being on the recieving end of some explosive fury if you know what I mean!

2. Also, System 7-tan has respect for the OSX-kuns, admires their wild and carefree spirit and also because they leave her alone from their pervy antics.

3. Antares-tan is feeding the iPod-tans, something on her to-do list. Just wanted to show that she has currently succeeded in some of the other things on the list too. Clean the roof, CHECK! Feed iPod-tans, CHECK!

4. Those are little sandwiches-on-a-stick that the iPod-tans are eating! :D

5. System 3-tan likes bright colors and psychedelic stuff! However I confess to being wrong: I thought that System 3 was the first Mac OS to have color support but I was very wrong- it shipped with the Mac Plus which was a black + white only Mac. (Although I read from one source that it shipped with the Mac II, the first color-supporting Mac. Wrong, that was actually System 4 and it was actually System 4.2/System Software 5 that introduced color support!) However System 3-tan will be keeping her personality traits even if based off of incorrect information to be a lot more interesting than otherwise...

6. I added in Panther-tan because that's the Mac OS I use! (and she's one of my favorite of the OSX-tans) :D

Bella

System 7-tan is looking nice here. I didn't know she wore glasses...is this a parallel to OS/2-tan (or 95-tan) being depicted with glasses sometimes?

At any rate, I feel sorry I haven't done a recent fanart of System 7-tan. Such an interesting character, from one of the darkest times in OS history....

*puts on to-do list*

Antares-tan feeding the iPod-tans mini sandwiches is so cute! It shows her gentle side, and the little iPods seem to love her, as well as System 4-tan ^_^

Even though the facts may have been mixed up, psychedelic System 3-tan is feisty and fun looking. Maybe system 3-tan's love of color in fact comes from a bit of envy for her color-supporting sisters, and could add some delicious irony to her backstory ;)

And I remember reading you use OS X Panther once. I think it's unfortunate she's all too under-drawn...it's nice she gets a cameo here, though.

And...is it just me...or is Sonata-san cosplaying as Mac-tan...?

C-Chan

Visiting hours are almost over for me, but just wanted to say how happy I am to see snippets of Page 3.  I do vaguely recall you wanting to put in a couch scene in there, so it definitely makes me happy to see the idea come to fruition.

I'll be back with more, promise.  ^^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"System 7-tan is looking nice here. I didn't know she wore glasses...is this a parallel to OS/2-tan (or 95-tan) being depicted with glasses sometimes?

Nah, just coincidental but still interesting that you pointed that out.

At any rate, I feel sorry I haven't done a recent fanart of System 7-tan. Such an interesting character, from one of the darkest times in OS history....

*puts on to-do list*

She sure is an interesting character! But recently I decided to tweak her personality a little bit- still melancholy but instead of being an 'emo kid' (what was I thinking?!), she's a part-time blues singer! (thought it would be a cool way to be melancholy, as well as a reference to 'Blue', one of System 7's codenames)

Antares-tan feeding the iPod-tans mini sandwiches is so cute! It shows her gentle side, and the little iPods seem to love her, as well as System 4-tan ^_^
Right! As tough as Antares-tan is, she is also very sweet and cares for her family a lot which is also why she is the defender of the Mac House! (although there is also the possibility she was just programmed that way but I would much rather believe she does that mostly of freewill)

Even though the facts may have been mixed up, psychedelic System 3-tan is feisty and fun looking. Maybe system 3-tan's love of color in fact comes from a bit of envy for her color-supporting sisters, and could add some delicious irony to her backstory ;)
I don't know, really. System 4-tan hides an envy towards her younger sisters for being able to multitask and such (System 4-tan represents Systems 4.0-4.1, and there is a big difference between 4.1 and 4.2. Speaking of which, drawing 4.2-tan is on my to-do list!)

And I remember reading you use OS X Panther once. I think it's unfortunate she's all too under-drawn...it's nice she gets a cameo here, though.
Indeed. Panther-tan is awesome! :D

And...is it just me...or is Sonata-san cosplaying as Mac-tan...?
*cracks up* Actually... It was the inability for me to draw her skirt and layer it properly! ^^;

And one more preview of page 03:

preview of panel 6 of Mac Party Redux: OSX-tan is making Puma-tan clean up a mess caused by her (Puma-tan's) screaming!

C-Chan

Alright, sorry for the abnormally-long delay.  -v-

Quote1. System 7-tan is petting a charred OSX-kun kitten, who got charred from being on the recieving end of some explosive fury if you know what I mean!

I'd prefer to call that "collateral punishment"... for siding with Foobies during her invasion.  ^^;

Quote2. Also, System 7-tan has respect for the OSX-kuns, admires their wild and carefree spirit and also because they leave her alone from their pervy antics.

And their antics help break the ice in her heart.  ^.^

Within a few years, maybe she'll learn to smirk.  ^__^
A few more, and she'll learn to smile again.

A few more after that and she'll be back to normal,... obviously wiser.  -v-

Quote3. Antares-tan is feeding the iPod-tans, something on her to-do list. Just wanted to show that she has currently succeeded in some of the other things on the list too. Clean the roof, CHECK! Feed iPod-tans, CHECK!

That scene I think deserves a close-up.  You really do have nearly all of them in there.  ^.^

Quote5. System 3-tan likes bright colors and psychedelic stuff! However I confess to being wrong: I thought that System 3 was the first Mac OS to have color support but I was very wrong- it shipped with the Mac Plus which was a black + white only Mac. (Although I read from one source that it shipped with the Mac II, the first color-supporting Mac. Wrong, that was actually System 4 and it was actually System 4.2/System Software 5 that introduced color support!) However System 3-tan will be keeping her personality traits even if based off of incorrect information to be a lot more interesting than otherwise...

Well, as the old saying goes:  "The dog that barks the most has the most to hide".  ^^;
So you can make the excuse that her fanatical embrace of all things colorful,.......... is compensating for something she'd rather not let you know about.  ^___^;

Whereas System 4-chan,... who does use color,... is more matter of fact about it.  ^^

Quote6. I added in Panther-tan because that's the Mac OS I use! (and she's one of my favorite of the OSX-tans)

Plus it's a great way to splash the old with the new.  That's what gave the Mac Party its greatest allure.  ^_______^

QuoteNah, just coincidental but still interesting that you pointed that out.

I do recall giving System 7-chan some sunglasses in my fanart of her as well, although that pic takes place several years into the future, so it's more understandable that she'd have them.  ^^'

QuoteShe sure is an interesting character! But recently I decided to tweak her personality a little bit- still melancholy but instead of being an 'emo kid' (what was I thinking?!), she's a part-time blues singer! (thought it would be a cool way to be melancholy, as well as a reference to 'Blue', one of System 7's codenames)

So in other words, she'd be like a Western "Enka" singer.  ^____^
Yeah,... *stares into System 7-chan's melancholy soul* ......... sounds about right.  ^v^'

I am glad she has a little more pep in her personality now.  ^^

QuoteRight! As tough as Antares-tan is, she is also very sweet and cares for her family a lot which is also why she is the defender of the Mac House! (although there is also the possibility she was just programmed that way but I would much rather believe she does that mostly of freewill)

Ah-ha!  She's infected by the Cogito virus!  @v@

Sorry, watching Ergo Proxy. ^^'
It's fantastic, and I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE Pino-chan.  ^_____^

Bella wrote:
System 7-tan is looking nice here. I didn't know she wore glasses...is this a parallel to OS/2-tan (or 95-tan) being depicted with glasses sometimes?

Nah, just coincidental but still interesting that you pointed that out.

Quote:

*puts on to-do list*

She sure is an interesting character! But recently I decided to tweak her personality a little bit- still melancholy but instead of being an 'emo kid' (what was I thinking?!), she's a part-time blues singer! (thought it would be a cool way to be melancholy, as well as a reference to 'Blue', one of System 7's codenames)

Quote:

Antares-tan feeding the iPod-tans mini sandwiches is so cute! It shows her gentle side, and the little iPods seem to love her, as well as System 4-tan

Right! As tough as Antares-tan is, she is also very sweet and cares for her family a lot which is also why she is the defender of the Mac House! (although there is also the possibility she was just programmed that way but I would much rather believe she does that mostly of freewill)

Quote:

Even though the facts may have been mixed up, psychedelic System 3-tan is feisty and fun looking. Maybe system 3-tan's love of color in fact comes from a bit of envy for her color-supporting sisters, and could add some delicious irony to her backstory

I don't know, really. System 4-tan hides an envy towards her younger sisters for being able to multitask and such (System 4-tan represents Systems 4.0-4.1, and there is a big difference between 4.1 and 4.2. Speaking of which, drawing 4.2-tan is on my to-do list!)

Whaaaaaa?  There are sitll MORE on the way?!  @v@'

Well I suppose, the more the merrier.  We do need to make it more obvious that the 5 brawny OSX-kuns are obviously outclassed and outgunned (and are naturally not going to get any help from either OS9-kun or Leopard-kun, or the host of other Mac-kuns popping in every once in a while).

Quote*cracks up* Actually... It was the inability for me to draw her skirt and layer it properly! ^^;

Oh don't worry.  She ditches her skirt in the Mac Manga as well every once in a while (although sadly, along with everything else.  ^__________^;

*blushes*

QuoteAnd one more preview of page 03:

preview of panel 6 of Mac Party Redux: OSX-tan is making Puma-tan clean up a mess caused by her (Puma-tan's) screaming!

PU-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
Well just by the fact that Pu-chan is in it, this panel is blessed with Supreme Winnage.  ^___^

I do remember that we talked about such a scene, though, and it's great to finally see it live.  ^__^
And told you Mac-tan and Tempo-chan would make a great pair.  They make a kind of good-cop/bad-cop pair.  ^^

Bella

Puma-chan looks so cute in this picture! She has the perfect look on her face...what look, exactly, I dunno....but it fits her shy personality like a glove!

And angry Mac-tan and sympathetic Tempo-chan are perfect too!

QuoteShe sure is an interesting character! But recently I decided to tweak her personality a little bit- still melancholy but instead of being an 'emo kid' (what was I thinking?!), she's a part-time blues singer! (thought it would be a cool way to be melancholy, as well as a reference to 'Blue', one of System 7's codenames)

Oh yeah, I always thought Emo kids were just wannabe Goths...just lacking the courage to die their hair dark purple and shave it into a Mohawk XD

But the blues singer aspect could work really well and add some coolness to her personality.

*must draw blues-singing System 7-tan*

*I think this just bumped ahead of Macs with Automatic Weapons picture*

QuoteRight! As tough as Antares-tan is, she is also very sweet and cares for her family a lot which is also why she is the defender of the Mac House! (although there is also the possibility she was just programmed that way but I would much rather believe she does that mostly of freewill)

Me too :)

QuoteIndeed. Panther-tan is awesome!

Maybe Panther-tan can be a backup singer or something in my System 7-tan blues picture!

That is to say, if I do that picture ;)
Within a few years, maybe she'll learn to smirk. ^__^
A few more, and she'll learn to smile again.

A few more after that and she'll be back to normal,... obviously wiser. -v-

Wiser, as in the Golden Rule of the Computer Industry:

Don't screw with M$. Seriously.

XD

QuoteThat scene I think deserves a close-up. You really do have nearly all of them in there. ^.^

I shall concur!

QuoteWell, as the old saying goes: "The dog that barks the most has the most to hide". ^^;
So you can make the excuse that her fanatical embrace of all things colorful,.......... is compensating for something she'd rather not let you know about. ^___^;

Whereas System 4-chan,... who does use color,... is more matter of fact about it. ^^

Exactly what I thought!

I thought the dog that barks the most has the weakest bite? I dunno, I don't want to get into an adage-off XD

QuoteAh-ha! She's infected by the Cogito virus! @v@

Sorry, watching Ergo Proxy. ^^'
It's fantastic, and I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE Pino-chan. ^_____^

Ergo Proxy...why does that ring a bell...

*wikis it*

KILLER MACHINES! We're all gonna die! AHHHHHH!!!

QuoteOh don't worry. She ditches her skirt in the Mac Manga as well every once in a while (although sadly, along with everything else. ^__________^;

*blushes*

*wags finger*

Dirty thoughts are bad for you!

C-Chan

QuotePuma-chan looks so cute in this picture! She has the perfect look on her face...what look, exactly, I dunno....but it fits her shy personality like a glove!

Ph34r the Peerless Power of the PU!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

QuoteWiser, as in the Golden Rule of the Computer Industry:

Don't screw with M$. Seriously.

XD

Well,... by the time she recoveres, there ain't gonna be a M% to screw around with.  But there will be other bigger fish to not fry... ^___^;

QuoteI thought the dog that barks the most has the weakest bite? I dunno, I don't want to get into an adage-off XD

Well now you probably have another quirk to give to Plan 9-sama.  She loves inadvertently butchering old wise quotes.  ^^;

QuoteKILLER MACHINES! We're all gonna die! AHHHHHH!!!

Ironically, killer machines are the least of the characters' worries in Ergo Proxy.  ^.^;
Besides, Pino-chan is too CUTE!  ^v^

If I ever make that EeePC-tan, I gotta base it on her!  ^.^

Bella

QuoteWell,... by the time she recoveres, there ain't gonna be a M% to screw around with. But there will be other bigger fish to not fry... ^___^;

Ah, we can dream...

QuoteWell now you probably have another quirk to give to Plan 9-sama. She loves inadvertently butchering old wise quotes. ^^;

Ooooh... ;010

QuoteIronically, killer machines are the least of the characters' worries in Ergo Proxy. ^.^;
Besides, Pino-chan is too CUTE! ^v^

If I ever make that EeePC-tan, I gotta base it on her! ^.^

You lie, I say! Killer machines are always the thing to worry about!

*runs off to Google*

Eeek! Pino-chan is cute...

C-Chan

Oh now you gone and done it.... ^v^

Still wondering how you're coming along with Page 3, Aurora.  Till then, I'll just repost this to savor Pu-chan's Pu-fection.  ^___^

Aurora Borealis

Bleh... I've been so slow. Started page 3 in mid-February and I'm only about 2/3 of the way done x__x

(still need to finish panel 7, start panel 8, add finishing touches and dialogue)