Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

A rather rushed introduction but.... Welcome to Mac Party (Redux)!

This series is inspired by the "Mac Manga" series and is a pseudo-sequel to it. Although unlike "Mac Manga", this series will be 100% worksafe!

Actually, I don't know how far this will go, aside from the current story I'm working on about Leopard-tan's debut to the Mac House.

C-Chan

HOLY CRAP!!  Do you realize that this could very well be the Anniversary Edition of Mac Party 1?  My gawd.... Feb '07 and we're in Feb '08 now.... where does the time go....?  ^^;

In any event, yeah the art there is pure, Early '07 original.  ^___^
The only exception I can see is that Aurora-hime added Puma-chan's "hello" (while she's up investigating the hole, presumably intending to *snicker snicker chortle chortle*  kick the ass of whatever vandals did it).  Oh, and Rhapsody-san has been "updated" with her latest skirt.  ^^

I don't think it's fair that Aurora-hime lays blame on just herself.  It's also true that I was looking into "retirement" some time after Mac Party #2 and the Desktop Wallpaper contest.  We were originally hoping to submit more than one Mac-themed wallpaper for the contest, including one that would've been a promotional for the Mac Party manga.  Sadly, due to this and that event, I lapsed into an artistic lull.  That in turn equated to barely enough time to finish the only wallpaper we submitted.  And after that, an interest in tying up all my other loose ends before my departure.

Fortunately I'm still here, and I say fortunately because a lot has kept my spirit up here since then.  That, of course, include Zerosanity Redux (and I hope you can keep working on that one, Aurora-hime).

I'm also very happy these old works get to see the light of day, and maybe continue on where we left off.  Thank you, Aurora-hime!  ^___^

As for ideas,... how about they get placed in the open this time?  Give the project a little FOSA-like edge, even though it still remains a semi-collaborative project.  ^v^

Last I recall, Page #3 was gonna have the old Mac-tans investigate the house for,... structural damage.  ^^
Then a little reprimanding of Pu-chan, followed by cameos of two very familiar Linux-tans.

@Everyone Else:  Sorry for the cryptic suggestions, but Page #2 isn't up yet so don't want to spoil anything.  ^^'

Bella

I really love the lighting in panel 1! At any rate, it's hilarious seeing Rhapsody-san in a drunken fit, and Puma-chan as a maid is adorable ^_^

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going!

QuoteDo you realize that this could very well be the Anniversary Edition of Mac Party 1? My gawd.... Feb '07 and we're in Feb '08 now.... where does the time go....? ^^;

Welcome to my world O__o

QuoteThe only exception I can see is that Aurora-hime added Puma-chan's "hello" (while she's up investigating the hole, presumably intending to *snicker snicker chortle chortle* kick the ass of whatever vandals did it).

Hey, Puma-chan will be kickin' ass when I get around to that drawing of her with an automatic weapon XD

QuoteI don't think it's fair that Aurora-hime lays blame on just herself. It's also true that I was looking into "retirement" some time after Mac Party #2 and the Desktop Wallpaper contest. We were originally hoping to submit more than one Mac-themed wallpaper for the contest, including one that would've been a promotional for the Mac Party manga. Sadly, due to this and that event, I lapsed into an artistic lull. That in turn equated to barely enough time to finish the only wallpaper we submitted. And after that, an interest in tying up all my other loose ends before my departure.

Hmmm...a Mac Manga inspired wallpaper...I dunno if I'm...interested...or scared...

As for that retirement...every time you think your out, we pull you back in!

*evil cackle*

QuoteAs for ideas,... how about they get placed in the open this time? Give the project a little FOSA-like edge, even though it still remains a semi-collaborative project. ^v^

Ooooh, if you guys open source them I'll be glad to help out a bit :D

C-Chan

QuoteI really love the lighting in panel 1! At any rate, it's hilarious seeing Rhapsody-san in a drunken fit, and Puma-chan as a maid is adorable

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going!

Well,.....

Uh.............

Aurora-hime might have something else in mind for the Redux storyline....
But like in the Mac Manga, the "skits" are in semi-sequential order.  So while there might be references to earlier pages, there's not much in the way of direct continuity.  You'll see.  ^___^

Personally I think that format would work since the randomness makes it easier to showcase new characters and in all sorts of strange situations.

QuoteHey, Puma-chan will be kickin' ass when I get around to that drawing of her with an automatic weapon XD

Putting a new take on the phrase:  "Ph34r the Peerless Power of Pu!!".  ^.^

QuoteHmmm...a Mac Manga inspired wallpaper...I dunno if I'm...interested...or scared...

Maybe scared,...
It was technically intended to be based on the original Mac Manga title page,....

...but expanded several fold to encompass a whole THRONG of character cameos, in a kind of late night carnival setting.  A true "part-ay" in the best sense of the word.  ^___^

QuoteAs for that retirement...every time you think your out, we pull you back in!

*evil cackle*

WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!  ^0^

QuoteOoooh, if you guys open source them I'll be glad to help out a bit

That's up to Aurora-hime, but I don't think the actual artwork will be opened up.  Just the brainstorming and suggestions for now.
Previously our brainstorming sessions where held privately.

Aurora Borealis

/r/ Puma-tan with automatic weapon! :D

---

PAGE 2!!

Another crazy misadventure on the roof! This time, involving Antares-tan/System 6-tan going up to fix the roof (because of the incident on the last page) but while there, she encounters Foobies-tan, the most notorious pervert and intruder and does what it takes to stop her! (However the plan falls flat when Antares-tan gets distracted. Oh only if she were running Multifinder...) Cameo appearances include Puma-tan, Tiger-tan, OSX-kun, Sonata, Mac System 4-tan, silver iPod Mini-tan and pink iPod mini-tan.

notes:

1.Foobies-tan is the main antagonist of the series.

2. On page 3 it is revealed that Puma-tan did the most damage with her screaming!

3. System 4-tan is oblivious to Foobies-tan's perverted antics. Also she would rather not interfere with things as she finds all the craziness amusing and well... she also hides an inferiority complex and doesn't think there's anything she can do anyways. At least she makes the best of that!

4. As well as being very strong, Antares-tan is also really really fast and does not crash easily (System 6.0.x is considered by most to be the fastest and one of the most stable classic Mac OSes) but her weakness is that she is also rather scatterbrained which explains why she didn't do the really easy thing and chase down Foobies-tan! (and compared to the later Mac OSes, 6.0.x had some less-than-convienient features such as that fonts and Desk Accessories cannot just be dragged and dropped where they need to- a program is needed to do that! And that she didn't have Multifinder on- if she did, she could have been able to multitask, fire her bazooka while rambling on about stuff!)

5. Yeah, that monologue on panel 6 is hard to read. But what matters most is if you can make out the phrases "BIG DEAL" and "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...."!

6. Sure, iPods are OSX-only but why not have the iPod-tans interact with all the Mac-tans, assisting them in their tasks? :D

Bella

Very funny! I better go panel-by-panel:

Panel 1 and 2: Oh no! Foobies-tan! The "NSFW" block and seeing the bombs flying past her made me LOL XD
3: Antares-tan (and an iPod-tan)! Somehow I'm tempted to do a gun-wielding Mac-tan picture with Puma-chan, System 7.5-tan and Antares-tan...
4: OMG! LOL! For one thing, the look on Foobies-tan's face is priceless. The Mac-style screen is quite funny too, I noticed the "to do" list on the right side...!
5: Ooooh! A closeup of the terminatrix! I really like her eyes @__@
6: I can't see her speech, but I take she's being quite long-winded. Nice reference to her inability to multi-task :P
7: Aww, we get to see the iPod-tan a bit closer ^_^
8: Haha! I don't even wanna know what Foobies-tan is up to in the house. Of all the cameos, Tiger-sama's in hands-down the funniest! System 4-tan is looking cute, too :)

Aurora Borealis

HECK YEAH! Please do draw that Mac-tans with guns picture! DO WANT!! :D

And if you really want to know what is being said on panel 6: "For generations, the Mac House has stood as a foundation of decency and honor, whose dwellers proudly defend the free market from the treacheries of those vile Windows-tans! You may think it's no BIG DEAL but such a lowly creature as yourself who spreads nothing but chaos and perversion couldn't possibly comprehend the magnitude of what we have built here with our blood, sweat and tears... err well okay so I only have fake blood, sweat and all that, but it's still awe-inspiring! BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLA BLAH BLAH BLAH BLA-- ..."

C-Chan

YES!  Seeing Page 2 in all its finished glory is a sight for sore eyes!  @v@

Actually just posting to let everyone know I'm still alive (just unusually busy... ^^').  Will return tomorrow to post about a great many things (not the least of which includes a little extra commentary about the Making of Mac Party Page 2).  ^___^

Till then, great job on the finishes Aurora-hime!  ^v^

But... you forgot one little thing.... I'm sure you'll spot it soon.... ^.^

*dashes back to work*

Tsubashi

Hey Hey! I remember these! Nice to see them released!
Gomen, I'm a bit busy too. ^^'
*Echos Senpai's sentiments and hurries back to work computer*
-Tsu

Techno the fox

Aha! So Aurora-san has decided to re-open the Mac Party Manga ^___^ Awesome.

Hmm, C-chan drawing vistans, The return of Mac Party, perhaps Bella is right the end may be near.....Nah, we all know that OS/2 becoming open sourced is the true sign that armeggedon is near. XD

Comic 1
Panel 1: Ooooh, nice shading. And you did all this in photoshop not inkscape? I'm impressed. Also: "Don't mind us, we're just hanging around. *rimshot*.

Panels 2 - 6:
Hmm, is this the "Strange behavior" I've heard about. Or is she just drunk?..

Panel 8: Pu-chan, perhaps trying to defend the house against any possible vandals? Heheh, cute.

But she isn't Nessicarily powerless, if anyone knew this I surely thought it would be you C-chan. Tsk Tsk.

Well....I'm not too sure...I've never seen this for myself, but I hear she has some sort of automatic weapon.

Secondly She has the old Pu-Pu-PUMA-CHAN BEAM

Third she has her secret power of moe! (so moe you're gonna die)

Comic 2:

Panels 1 and 2: Ooh, Foobies-chan. This is actually the first time I've seen her.

Panel 3: @-@ Gyaah, Watch where you're pointing that thing Antares-chan.
Silver Ipod-chan is Unbelieveably Adorable. ^____^

Panel 4: Target aqquired! Hmmm, I see another Terminator reference here. ^_^

Panel 5: Hmm, I wonder....I don't think Antares-chan would let Effie into the mac house either...
The little Ipod-tan still is too adorable for words, mimicing Antares-chan.

Panel 6: Errm..What Foobies-chan said sums up my thoughts right now.
.....Wait, did she take the tag off her uniform and walk in?
...............................................................*knocks on mac house door*
Can I come in? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeee?

Panel 7: Aww, Antares-tan really needs to Get it together.
I also notice the mac error message face on those little fireballs.
(I wonder if Xbox 360-tan has nightmares about the RROD)
Is silver Ipod-chan's hair mimicing Me-tan's or Sonata's.

Panel 8: ..And this is the result of Foobies-chan entering the mac house..XD  Oooh, it's a Pink Ipod-tan. Cute. ^-^ I think that's system 4-tan holding her.

Poor Mac Roof He/She's having a bad day..

Aurora Borealis

Comic 1
Panel 1: Ooooh, nice shading. And you did all this in photoshop not inkscape? I'm impressed. Also: "Don't mind us, we're just hanging around. *rimshot*.
All of that was done in Photoshop, about a month before I started using Inkscape!

Panels 2 - 6:
Hmm, is this the "Strange behavior" I've heard about. Or is she just drunk?..
Rhapsody-tan was having some strange behavior although the possibility of drunkness is not completely ruled out- there may be something a little weird in that apple cider!

Panel 8: Pu-chan, perhaps trying to defend the house against any possible vandals? Heheh, cute.

But she isn't Nessicarily powerless, if anyone knew this I surely thought it would be you C-chan. Tsk Tsk.

Well....I'm not too sure...I've never seen this for myself, but I hear she has some sort of automatic weapon.

Now that you mentioned the Puma-chan beam, maybe Pu-chan has a lot of potential to fight against Foobies-tan when the need arises! However Pu-chan would also be a likely target to Foobies-tan's antics because Pu-chan has a strong resemblance to Mikuru and Foobies-tan is partly based off of Haruhi... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

Comic 2:

Panels 1 and 2: Ooh, Foobies-chan. This is actually the first time I've seen her.

QuoteVery funny! I better go panel-by-panel:

Panel 1 and 2: Oh no! Foobies-tan! The "NSFW" block and seeing the bombs flying past her made me LOL XD
AND DON'T YA FORGET IT ~FOOBIES!!

3: Antares-tan (and an iPod-tan)! Somehow I'm tempted to do a gun-wielding Mac-tan picture with Puma-chan, System 7.5-tan and Antares-tan...
As I said earlier: HECK YEAH!! DO WANT!! :D

Panel 3: @-@ Gyaah, Watch where you're pointing that thing Antares-chan.
Don't worry. As long as you aren't malicious or dangerously perverted, she will not fire at you!

*eyes Techno suspisciously* Say, you aren't malicious or dangerously perverted, are you? ¬__¬

4: OMG! LOL! For one thing, the look on Foobies-tan's face is priceless. The Mac-style screen is quite funny too, I noticed the "to do" list on the right side...!
I especially like this panel. Foobies-tan looks so cute (whoever would dare attack that cannot possibly be human!) and the Mac-style screen is accurate too!

Panel 4: Target aqquired! Hmmm, I see another Terminator reference here. ^_^
Indeed! Although at some point, I hope to draw a full-fledged "Terminator" parody! But alas, I am devoid of inspiration :(

Quote5: Ooooh! A closeup of the terminatrix! I really like her eyes @__@
Terminatrix... *starts cracking up*

She not really the dominatrix type although she does know how to put perverts in their place when successful! (Think back to p. 26 + 27 of ZS)

But Cheetah-tan is a true dominatrix! ;006

Panel 5: Hmm, I wonder....I don't think Antares-chan would let Effie into the mac house either...
The little Ipod-tan still is too adorable for words, mimicing Antares-chan.
Yeah, probably not. I think. How perverted is Effie again?

6: I can't see her speech, but I take she's being quite long-winded. Nice reference to her inability to multi-task :P
Posted the speech in my last reply. You're half-right about Antares-tan's inability to multitask. To her, multitasking is optional.

Panel 6: Errm..What Foobies-chan said sums up my thoughts right now.
.....Wait, did she take the tag off her uniform and walk in?
...............................................................*knocks on mac house door*
Yes she did!

Another thing I feel like pointing out: As you might know, Antares is one of 6.0.x's codenames but is also the name of a star. One of the biggest and brightest known stars in the whole sky! There is some slight irony in that...

Panel 7: Aww, Antares-tan really needs to Get it together.
I also notice the mac error message face on those little fireballs.
(I wonder if Xbox 360-tan has nightmares about the RROD)
Is silver Ipod-chan's hair mimicing Me-tan's or Sonata's.
Close, but more specifically, it's the Sad Mac that appears at startup if something goes wrong. It was used in systems 1.0 - 10.1

And it's a bad time to mention the RROD because my 360 RROD'd yesterday ;__;. Ran perfectly since I got it 6 months ago but then that happens.

8: Haha! I don't even wanna know what Foobies-tan is up to in the house. Of all the cameos, Tiger-sama's in hands-down the funniest! System 4-tan is looking cute, too :)
Some things are better off left to the imagination...

Panel 8: ..And this is the result of Foobies-chan entering the mac house..XD
Quoted for truth. ^^

QuoteOooh, it's a Pink Ipod-tan. Cute. ^-^ I think that's system 4-tan holding her.

Poor Mac Roof He/She's having a bad day..
Yup, that's System 4-tan!  Yes, poor Mac Roof having a bad day :(

C-Chan

Okay, here we go.... Lots of ground to cover here.... ^^

*cracks knuckles*

QuoteThis time, involving Antares-tan/System 6-tan going up to fix the roof (because of the incident on the last page)

Should note that her "fixing" basically means putting some bandades on the roof face.  ^v^

It was our intention to have the living Mac Face roof as something of a running gag throughout the series.

Quote1.Foobies-tan is the main antagonist of the series.

After all, with the entire Mac family assembled, the OSX-kuns have been practically neutered, so SOMEONE has to take the spot.  1v'

QuoteOn page 3 it is revealed that Puma-tan did the most damage with her screaming!

BTW Aurora-hime, do you still want our notes from Page 3, or are you going to start from scratch?

Quote5. Yeah, that monologue on panel 6 is hard to read. But what matters most is if you can make out the phrases "BIG DEAL" and "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...."!

Aa sou sou, Aurora-hime already posted the dialog.  ^^
But yeah, it's intentional that you not be able to read all her rambling.  So the idea was to just type up any random crap that sounded halfway preachy.

Quote6. Sure, iPods are OSX-only but why not have the iPod-tans interact with all the Mac-tans, assisting them in their tasks?

Unfortunately, it did not occur to us to star the iPod-tans in Page 1.  My reasoning was that, as long as the entire Mac Family was there, why not also include the diminutive residents too?  After all, a lot of their recent resurgence is due to the work of the cute little iPod-tans, so it wouldn't be fair to just ignore them.  So the idea was to have random iPod-tans scattered throughout the rest of the manga, mainly as comic relief, cute micro-detail and a chance to represent more character designs.  

QuotePanel 1 and 2: Oh no! Foobies-tan! The "NSFW" block and seeing the bombs flying past her made me LOL XD

Ah yeah, in the original the "NSFW" block was white wth black lettering.  Black is better since it's usually black boxes that are used for censorship.  ^^

Quote3: Antares-tan (and an iPod-tan)! Somehow I'm tempted to do a gun-wielding Mac-tan picture with Puma-chan, System 7.5-tan and Antares-tan...

I third that request.  ^.^
Just don't forget to focus!  `v'

*redirects her to UserSpace Gang pic*

Incidentally, the rocket launcher that Antares-tan is using is a portable Starstreak launcher, a British weapon.  Even at the time, it was my hope to give all Mac-tans characteristically-European weapons (if they wielded them, of course).  

Quote4: OMG! LOL! For one thing, the look on Foobies-tan's face is priceless. The Mac-style screen is quite funny too, I noticed the "to do" list on the right side...!

Fufu... only avid Zerosanity Alpha readers will get the Farah Fonnor references.  ^.^
I don't remember if Foobie-chan's closeup was in Aurora-hime's storyboards (hey, you should post those up!), but that panel was very cute to design.  

Incidentally, one other bit of trivia about the Terminator Finder screen....
That random gibberish on the left side is taken from one of the actual Terminator screens from the original movie, which surprisingly was taken from an Apple II BASIC screen!!  So yep,... the Apple tradition lives on everywhere.  ^____^

Quote5: Ooooh! A closeup of the terminatrix! I really like her eyes @__@

I do agree with Techno-san that Silver-chan's mimicking is almost distractingly-cute.  ^^

Quote7: Aww, we get to see the iPod-tan a bit closer

Actually I think page 5's the clearest.  ^^'

Quote8: Haha! I don't even wanna know what Foobies-tan is up to in the house. Of all the cameos, Tiger-sama's in hands-down the funniest! System 4-tan is looking cute, too

As you can see, one of the OSX-kun's is enjoying the resurgence of perversity in the Mac House.  To them, Foobies-chan is like the fearless rebel leader coming to free her captured men.

And of course, you've seen the close-up of Pink-chan before, no?  ^.^

QuoteHey Hey! I remember these! Nice to see them released!

See Aurora-hime?  So far I haven't seen anyone trying to bite you.  `v'
I'm glad that now at least you have a lot more confidence than you did back then -- these are your masterpieces too, and shouldn't be kooked up.  

QuoteHmm, C-chan drawing vistans,

Well technically I'd be drawing EeePC-tan, Cloudbook-tan, Classmate-tan and OLPC-tan (Siya's version, of course), with Chiivistan in the background.  Course, Chiivistan is probably like 50x bigger than they are, so it's only natural that her presence would be a bit imposing.  ^v^'

However, I might just have to scrap that idea if there's not time for it.  '___'

QuoteAlso: "Don't mind us, we're just hanging around. *rimshot*.

Haha!  Very funny.  ^___^

If you're wondering what those things are, they're the OSX-kuns being hung from the tree again for being naughty (happens a lot, you know).  This is taken directly from the Mac Manga -- little details like that were meant to bridge the two comics.

QuotePanel 8: Pu-chan, perhaps trying to defend the house against any possible vandals? Heheh, cute.

Well you're right on all three accounts.... May the Peerless Power of the Pu be with you.  ^__^

But you're forgetting Weapon #4, which she employs in Page 2 Panel 8.  ^^

QuotePanel 3: @-@ Gyaah, Watch where you're pointing that thing Antares-chan.

Don't remember why Silver-chan was chosen,... probably because she wears grayscale clothing and looks tough.  The iPod-tans were intended to be paired with the girls most like them.  Naturally, Pu-chan would be like a giant soulmate for Gold iPod-chan.  ^___^

Quote.....Wait, did she take the tag off her uniform and walk in?

Very hard to see in that resolution, but you - are - correct.  ^.^

QuoteI also notice the mac error message face on those little fireballs.

Aurora-hime's clarification notwithstanding, yes that's another little easter egg.

QuotePoor Mac Roof He/She's having a bad day..[/quote[

We never really gave it a gender, but I always thought of it as a "he".  '__'

QuoteAll of that was done in Photoshop, about a month before I started using Inkscape!

And this was about 3 months after I decided not to use it anymore, so it was quite strange drawing with it again.  ^v^'

QuoteRhapsody-tan was having some strange behavior although the possibility of drunkness is not completely ruled out- there may be something a little weird in that apple cider!

Suffice to say, this is not the kind of behavior Mama OSX wants to show her kids, hence why she's on the roof.  

Fortunately for her, Pu-chan is VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY easy to silence.  You'd be amazed at all the strange and dirty secrets Pu-chan has amassed,.... if only she'd have at least an eighth of a backbone, she'd find sone way to get some massive blackmail scheme going.  `v'

QuoteHowever Pu-chan would also be a likely target to Foobies-tan's antics because Pu-chan has a strong resemblance to Mikuru and Foobies-tan is partly based off of Haruhi... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

Hence the really LOUD scream.  ^v^

Speaking of "DUN DUN DUNNNN", why don't you post the old storyboard?  ^^

QuoteBut Cheetah-tan is a true dominatrix!

Clearly in the Mac Manga, Sonata-sensei and Mac-tan (well okay, in that OSX-tan) can put the OSX-kuns in their place, but have some difficulty doing so since they're effectively outnumbered (count Toshiaki).

Now, not only has the tables turned towards the feminie side, but Cheetah-sama, Antares-san and Tempo-chan are there to serve as much needed reinforcements.  ^.^

Ironically,... the one who can beat them up the most (System 7-tan) is the most sympathetic with them.  For this reason, she usually escapes all manner of perverseties.

QuoteAnd it's a bad time to mention the RROD because my 360 RROD'd yesterday ;__;. Ran perfectly since I got it 6 months ago but then that happens.

Oh?  Thought you had a Wii only?  tsk tsk.... ^____^
Surely tis a message from the GAWDS!  ^0^

===============

And that about sums it up.  ^^

Aurora-hime is still forgetting that very important thing, but I'll give her time to see if she can remember what.  It's the kind of thing that's been in every single one of her comics since Zerosanity Alpha Page 1.  ^.^

In any event, seeing our first two collaborations finally displayed does make me feel very happy, and yet sad at the same time because they represents yet more promises I was never able to keep.  I've accumulated so many of those over the course of two years, it's any wonder I still have any sembance of pride left.  -v-'

The only consolation, aside from the recent Zerosanity Xmas Special, is this.... Our last work of the Classical OSC era that most of you are probably too new to remember:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/RunningMacs.png

And that's about all I can offer on my behalf, and I think it's best that I bow out and leave Aurora-hime to decide what to do wth Page 3 onward.  As she's shown with Zerosanity Redux, she knows how to craft a great story.  ^^

Bella

QuoteAnd if you really want to know what is being said on panel 6: "For generations, the Mac House has stood as a foundation of decency and honor, whose dwellers proudly defend the free market from the treacheries of those vile Windows-tans! You may think it's no BIG DEAL but such a lowly creature as yourself who spreads nothing but chaos and perversion couldn't possibly comprehend the magnitude of what we have built here with our blood, sweat and tears... err well okay so I only have fake blood, sweat and all that, but it's still awe-inspiring! BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLA BLAH BLAH BLAH BLA-- ..."

Bwahaah! A great achievement in Mac speech making history!

QuoteAs I said earlier: HECK YEAH!! DO WANT!!

Okay, looks like there's been a vote, I have to do the drawing now :P

QuoteTerminatrix... *starts cracking up*

She not really the dominatrix type although she does know how to put perverts in their place when successful! (Think back to p. 26 + 27 of ZS)

But Cheetah-tan is a true dominatrix!

Ah, I was simply using the "-trix" female suffix, as in aviatrix. If I recall correctly, I think they even used that term in the third Terminator movie to refer to the crazy female terminator...

QuoteAfter all, with the entire Mac family assembled, the OSX-kuns have been practically neutered, so SOMEONE has to take the spot. 1v'

Neutered OS X-kuns? Well, they *are* Unix-like, after all.

*tehehehe!*

QuoteUnfortunately, it did not occur to us to star the iPod-tans in Page 1. My reasoning was that, as long as the entire Mac Family was there, why not also include the diminutive residents too? After all, a lot of their recent resurgence is due to the work of the cute little iPod-tans, so it wouldn't be fair to just ignore them. So the idea was to have random iPod-tans scattered throughout the rest of the manga, mainly as comic relief, cute micro-detail and a chance to represent more character designs.

Oh yes, the iPod-tans. Without them, Apple may have met an M$-led demise like so many others -__-

QuoteI third that request. ^.^
Just don't forget to focus! `v'

Incidentally, the rocket launcher that Antares-tan is using is a portable Starstreak launcher, a British weapon. Even at the time, it was my hope to give all Mac-tans characteristically-European weapons (if they wielded them, of course).

Oh, that's a real weapon!? Neat...

In my gun-wielding Mac pic, I may have Puma-chan holding a Thomson sub-machine gun XD
Maybe System 7.5-tan with a pistol, and either Antares-tan...or...someone else...who's equally cool but under-reprisented.

QuoteSuffice to say, this is not the kind of behavior Mama OSX wants to show her kids, hence why she's on the roof.

Fortunately for her, Pu-chan is VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY easy to silence. You'd be amazed at all the strange and dirty secrets Pu-chan has amassed,.... if only she'd have at least an eighth of a backbone, she'd find sone way to get some massive blackmail scheme going. `v'

Hmmmm....never thought of that. I wonder what deep, dark secrets Puma-chan knows about...

QuoteIn any event, seeing our first two collaborations finally displayed does make me feel very happy, and yet sad at the same time because they represents yet more promises I was never able to keep. I've accumulated so many of those over the course of two years, it's any wonder I still have any sembance of pride left. -v-'

Don't be sad that you've promises you couldn't keep, be happy that you were able to accomplish what you did.

QuoteAs she's shown with Zerosanity Redux, she knows how to craft a great story. ^^

True that :)

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"
QuoteAs I said earlier: HECK YEAH!! DO WANT!!

Okay, looks like there's been a vote, I have to do the drawing now :P
YAAAAAAAAAY!

QuoteTerminatrix... *starts cracking up*

But Cheetah-tan is a true dominatrix!

Ah, I was simply using the "-trix" female suffix, as in aviatrix. If I recall correctly, I think they even used that term in the third Terminator movie to refer to the crazy female terminator...
Ohhhhhhhh! It's just that "dominatrix" was came to mind first! HA AHA HA HA HA! *slaps self*

QuoteAfter all, with the entire Mac family assembled, the OSX-kuns have been practically neutered, so SOMEONE has to take the spot. 1v'

Neutered OS X-kuns? Well, they *are* Unix-like, after all.

*tehehehe!*
THEY'RE EUNUCHS!!

QuoteI third that request. ^.^
Just don't forget to focus! `v'

Incidentally, the rocket launcher that Antares-tan is using is a portable Starstreak launcher, a British weapon. Even at the time, it was my hope to give all Mac-tans characteristically-European weapons (if they wielded them, of course).

Oh, that's a real weapon!? Neat...

In my gun-wielding Mac pic, I may have Puma-chan holding a Thomson sub-machine gun XD
Maybe System 7.5-tan with a pistol, and either Antares-tan...or...someone else...who's equally cool but under-reprisented.
How about both? Add in Antares-tan as well as whatever other character you had in mind! Best of both worlds I say!

QuoteSuffice to say, this is not the kind of behavior Mama OSX wants to show her kids, hence why she's on the roof.

Fortunately for her, Pu-chan is VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY easy to silence. You'd be amazed at all the strange and dirty secrets Pu-chan has amassed,.... if only she'd have at least an eighth of a backbone, she'd find sone way to get some massive blackmail scheme going. `v'

Hmmmm....never thought of that. I wonder what deep, dark secrets Puma-chan knows about...
Same here. I wonder what secrets Pu-chan knows about!

QuoteAs she's shown with Zerosanity Redux, she knows how to craft a great story. ^^

True that :)

Thank you!

C-Chan

QuoteNeutered OS X-kuns? Well, they *are* Unix-like, after all.

*tehehehe!*

Time to insert that rare *ROTFL* tag right here.  ^________^

QuoteOh, that's a real weapon!? Neat...

Maybe System 7.5-tan with a pistol, and either Antares-tan...or...someone else...who's equally cool but under-reprisented. [/quote[

Awww come on,.... I can tell from a mile away that's Tempo-chan.  ^.^

QuoteHmmmm....never thought of that. I wonder what deep, dark secrets Puma-chan knows about...

QuoteSame here. I wonder what secrets Pu-chan knows about!

Enough to write a very incriminating novel with.  ^___^

As the old saying goes:  "Beware the quiet ones."  ^___~

QuoteDon't be sad that you've promises you couldn't keep, be happy that you were able to accomplish what you did.

Thank you Bella-san.  Guess you're right.  ^^

Well Aurora-hime,....

I don't want to get sappy and stuff (I'll have a lot of that when I reply at OS-tan Theories), so I'll just sum up our time in collaborations by saying....

It was fun.  If you need anything, you know where to find me.  ^__^

*C-chan bows out*