OS-Tan Animated Desktop Assistant Project

Started by deusprogrammer, September 06, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OS Freak

The initial topic has detoured inmensively lol. Thou Deusprogramer is nowhere active. If we would ever do this, yes we would be able to use like the Naru window watcher mini progam that changes skins and outfits. Don't remember were I found it but I have it. Might probably upload it on the net for you guys if you want it. I need to know a reliable safe site that hosts files. But yes we coun do with infinity's like chibi versions of the os tan hdesktop helper. and Naru's skin changer. So the same animations can be done for a beta version but you can choose the outfit and hair style that way you can dress the tan like XP/95?ME/etc and have all the tans with minimal effort in animations. I have said it before I suck at drawing and thou I have graduated in as few as yesterday June 9 2009 from computer and information administration I do not how to program yet on my own. *Shame* I must suicide, this will help my lack of talent... Nah j/k. So yeah that might be a good idea. We could use ballon tips to show text basic text and do basic animation for now like Welcome "Hello Master/User" Shutdown "Goodbye/Have a nice day/I'll be waiting/See you soon/I'll miss you/Come back soon" Ask when deleting a file "Are you sure?/Is this no longer important?/Want me to get rid of this?" Animations during time like "Are you doing well? It's nice to be with you/Thanks for giving me attention/Can I help with that?" Iddle mode "Were are you? I'm missing you/I feel alone? Are you there? Moving copying files "Done/File managing succeeded/Need to move or copy this?/Let me help you with that." Device Detection "I'll check it for you/Something new appeared/I detected a device..." Stuff like that. I'd say it sounds great. just need some animation basic frames and basic programing except the part of detecting OS activities like devices and data management. Just giving ideas, Don't know if this project is abandoned. If so let me know to not post ideas for something that might not really be at all in the future. I'll feel sad trying to gice CPR to a dead body lol. ;018 ;012

Ohh also is the animetheme site ok? i am not able to download anything from there. it redirects to a white page saying if I know how to install this and the click here and keeps looping me back and forth between the same pages. I've tried different browsers but they all return the same crappy event. and I have many to choose from. I have Internet explorer 6 and 8 separatedly Firefox Netscape Opera Google Chorme safari Lunascape, AOL Explorer and Ghostzilla. None of them help at all downloading from there.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "OS Freak"Ohh also is the animetheme site ok? i am not able to download anything from there. it redirects to a white page saying if I know how to install this and the click here and keeps looping me back and forth between the same pages. I've tried different browsers but they all return the same crappy event. and I have many to choose from. I have Internet explorer 6 and 8 separatedly Firefox Netscape Opera Google Chorme safari Lunascape, AOL Explorer and Ghostzilla. None of them help at all downloading from there.

http://www.animetheme.com/sidebar/

It's fully functional. Your description to the problem is confusing though LOL. You'd better tell exactly what the problem is with fine details.
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

OS Freak

This option in the black oval is the only thing I saw with the page fully loaded on multiple browsers.

Ohh yes That's my XP it doesn't look like one it looks like vista but it's only eye candy. She cosplays as Vista but her heart is a True XP Home Edition.

Must have been that the server had problems returning the page this time it loaded correctly.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

AnimeTheme

Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

OS Freak

Yes you could say that but the spectrum analyzer does not work at all. It says it needs some sound card. My XP doesn't use any cards. Her motherboard is empty. The only card there is her 512 mb RAM card, no other cards are there. That means I won't be able to enjoy the spectrum analyzer at all?

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "OS Freak"Yes you could say that but the spectrum analyzer does not work at all. It says it needs some sound card. My XP doesn't use any cards. Her motherboard is empty. The only card there is her 512 mb RAM card, no other cards are there. That means I won't be able to enjoy the spectrum analyzer at all?

Well, you don't need a sound "card", but you need a sound-processing device that supports DirectX.

OS Freak

Hmm... what? I got direcX the latest installed what else do I need I got a Realtek AC97 Audio for sound on my XP. Anything else?

Smokey

Nope that should be enough for the spectrum analyzer, strange that it can't find it since AC'97 is about the most common sound device out there...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

OS Freak

Hmm So it means that if it cannot find it. I'm screwed totally. I'll just open the sidebar and delete or uninstall spectrum analyzer since it is worthless to me then. Thanks for Giving me the answers to this.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "OS Freak"Hmm... what? I got direcX the latest installed what else do I need I got a Realtek AC97 Audio for sound on my XP. Anything else?

Check and see if this is the version of DirectX you have already installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

I am curious to know if Spectrum Analyser actually loads on your screen or just as a white box. I am also curious to know how that "It says it needs some sound card." error dialogue is displayed. Any screenshot?

OS Freak

No I just heard I need a sound card. And yes I have the latest direct X I'm always up to date believe me and yes it does load also. But not the bars. I only see it and can change the bars and color but there is no device to monitor specs at all.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "OS Freak"No I just heard I need a sound card. And yes I have the latest direct X I'm always up to date believe me and yes it does load also. But not the bars. I only see it and can change the bars and color but there is no device to monitor specs at all.

The fact that you can see everything but the bars means you have at least the basic things installed and working properly. Unlike Vista, the XP version of this gadget needs to specify a sound source to monitor. Check your XP volume control options and make sure you have some valid recording sources there.

OS Freak

OK Gonna check that now to see.

Nope didn't work. Thanks for the help. I alredy uninstalled spectrum analyzer. It just didn't work that's all. Not everyone gets what they want.

Zilka

http://rapidshare.com/files/296632151/nanami.rar.html

This is Madobe Nanami who works as a 7-tan. The program is super slow and is basically eating up all CPU cycles. Apparently a refurbished version of 95 mascot. If you don't want to download it here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYaTIYAAfc
Actually its way slower for me than it looks in the video. Tried compatibility but still veeery slow.

Added after 14 hours 2 minutes:

I just ran it at work, and its not that slow really. And this computer is weaker. Weird.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "Zilka"http://rapidshare.com/files/296632151/nanami.rar.html

This is Madobe Nanami who works as a 7-tan. The program is super slow and is basically eating up all CPU cycles. Apparently a refurbished version of 95 mascot. If you don't want to download it here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYaTIYAAfc
Actually its way slower for me than it looks in the video. Tried compatibility but still veeery slow.

Added after 14 hours 2 minutes:

I just ran it at work, and its not that slow really. And this computer is weaker. Weird.

Yeah it is deadly slow on my Vista machine, basically unusable lol

I have managed to find the author (blog) of this program, and the tools to make this animation. I will try and see if I can make some kind of spin-off projects off these stuff...