Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteTo answer the last question first:

*C-chan gets floored*

Yep!  No doubts about her profession!  If she's the epitomy of stress, then call me an overworked office worker! ^-^

Okay, I might as well pop the question and get it over with....  -v-

*starts thumbing playfully through HUEG wad of cash*

How tall are you, my dear?  ^__^

QuoteI hope to get around to color all of them, eventually. Realistically, I don't think that's going to happen. I'm a lazy, lazy person and I have unrelated projects I need to work on, as well. But I'll do what I get to! XD

Somehow, I seem to agree with you more and more these days.  It's hard to say, though, if it's really out of laziness in my case,... more like loss of inspiration.  ;__;

Le sigh....  -.-

QuoteI agree that Stress Linux-tan is beautiful and elegant... And it seems that another certain dominatrix was mentioned... I wonder if they could be allies! Bwahahahah! Cheetah-tan and Stress Linux-tan teaming up against the OSX-kuns would make a good ZS episode!

Wow, at this rate, we're gonna make perverts an endangered species!  @.@
Maybe Foobies-chan can lobby for a Perverts Preservation Act?  ^^

QuoteI was also thinking that StressLinux-tan might be a professional torturer as well. With her job of testing the limits of what a computer system can handle, I'm sure she's "broken" a few.

Ironically, the fact that she has Linux genes might mean she's a brutally-honest torturer. Not sure if that might be a good thing. ^___^;

QuoteI did something similar with her hair that I did with ZETA-tan, where I used a different colored lock to mimic the icon.

Yeah, I remember that.  ^__^
Like with the FreeSBIE sisters, you have a strong penchant for creative costuming.  ^^

QuoteAlso, since I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing her, I'm going to post my color map for Adamantix-tan. Mostly because I like how it looks, even if it's not a finished piece.

Thank you for posting that, Siya-san. ^__^
Very happy that Bella-hime offered her services, since I'm a bit stretched at the moment (trying to fulfill promises I made ages ago... ^.^;).

However, as long as I have color maps, I can guarantee at least some cameo appearances in some of my later works.

Now that I'm studying Python programming, I was thinking perhaps of designing a small Concentration game featuring (what else?) standardized pictures of our OS-tans.  Since the volume of pictures will be an extremely important factor in maximizing the randomness of each game,... the old adage of "the more the merrier" would naturally apply.  ^-^

QuoteAs for your lack of finished sketches, I hope you don't mind me offering, but I'd think about perhaps coloring a few! I really love you designs for...oh, I think her name is Aegeis/DomainOS-tan, GMOS-tan, SAGE-sama, and of course, Adamantix-tan. The latter would be the easiest for me to finish cause the colors are mapped out; but say the word and I'll be willing to help out (as my free time will allow me to, of course).

Thank you Bella-hime!  ^0^
Indeed, I had nearly forgotten about SAGE-sama -- I second her and all the other candidates.  ^___^

Bella

QuoteGo for it, Bella-san! I have a color map made up for GMOS-tan if you'd want to see it. I'm not sure I like the colors, though. I also have a reference picture for SAGE-sama's hairstyle, if you like. I don't have any for SAGE-sama or Aegis/Domain-tan, but I can make up a couple with a few color suggestions if you like. Whichever project you wish to adopt, it's yours! ^^

I think I'm going to try working on Mutagenix-tan next. I have her lines inked (finally).

I’d like to see the color map for GMOS-tan if it’s already made up; but somehow I think I’d like to give coloring SAGE-sama a try first...

And I look forward to seeing Mutagenix-tan!

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"Okay, I might as well pop the question and get it over with.... -v-

*starts thumbing playfully through HUEG wad of cash*

How tall are you, my dear? ^__^
I haven't really thought about it...  I imagine she's somewhere around 5'10...though she wears heels so appearances might be deceiving.  Seriously, though, if a different height makes sense for what she's personifying, feel free to change it or make suggestions.

QuoteWow, at this rate, we're gonna make perverts an endangered species! @.@
Maybe Foobies-chan can lobby for a Perverts Preservation Act? ^^
Not so!  A dominatrix can always use a willing masochist.  It is, perhaps, a symbiotic relationship....as much as it doesn't appear to be so.

QuoteNow that I'm studying Python programming, I was thinking perhaps of designing a small Concentration game featuring (what else?) standardized pictures of our OS-tans. Since the volume of pictures will be an extremely important factor in maximizing the randomness of each game,... the old adage of "the more the merrier" would naturally apply. ^-^
That sounds exciting and ambitious!

Quote from: "Bella"I’d like to see the color map for GMOS-tan if it’s already made up; but somehow I think I’d like to give coloring SAGE-sama a try first...
Alrighty!

Like I said (I think), I'm not entirely sold on these colors, so if you would like to change colors, go for it.

As far as SAGE-sama goes, I was thinking of a henna and drab green color scheme, but I never got far beyond that.  If you don't like the color scheme, scrap it.  My reference picture for her hair style is this:

I forget where I got this picture, so I'll probably delete it at some point.  Memorize it and eat it, Bella-san!  Or just save it for your own reference.

Aurora Borealis

I'll color in Adamantix-tan for you! But before I do, I must know... Is any of her outfit translucent? (some of it looks like it would be)

Siya

Yes!  I tried to make everything that is translucent look translucent.  So what you noticed should be all there is.

Siya

Heeere's Mutagenix-tan!

More on her later (maybe).

*runs off to nab some birthday cheesecake*

Added after 10 minutes:

If I feel ambitious, I might actually shade her, in the future.  Otherwise, I'm calling this my final piece.

As noted before, Mutagenix-tan's third eye is her only obvious mutation.  She might have special powers, but what those are is up to discussion.  The overalls in her outfit allude to Mutagenix being derived from Slackware.  Her poofy accordion sleeves resemble the Mutagenix "M" icon.

I was considering adding green streaks to her hair.  I might still do it, if I ever get around to doing a shaded version of this picture.

Aurora Borealis

Wow! For a mutant, Mutagenix-tan is very cute! I like the poofy accordion sleeves because they help give her even more of a mutant look! :D

C-Chan

WAAAAAAAAH!!!!  Curse me for trying to get the shading down!  >__<
I might have missed my deadline (is it still 9/3 where you live, Siya-san?), but hopefully not....

In any event, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIYA-SAN!!!!  ^v^

I believe this picture needs no introductions... I'm sure you know who they are and what they're cosplaying.  ^_____^

Added after 16 minutes:

I am sorry to say I expended all my available time drawing this, so I'll have to delay my replies to the bigger threads till tomorrow.  ^__^

Am actually impressed that I was able to pull this off after all -- I'm so used to breaking promises, I kinda expected this to be no different.  Maybe I should draw more of these spur-of-the-moment chibi ideas.  ^^;

In lieu of no replies elsewhere for the evening, let me at least finish this thread up....

QuoteI haven't really thought about it... I imagine she's somewhere around 5'10...though she wears heels so appearances might be deceiving.

5'10"?  ''

Meh,... well she barely makes the cut, but okay.  She's hired.  ^__^
Just be gentle.  ;v;

QuoteNot so! A dominatrix can always use a willing masochist. It is, perhaps, a symbiotic relationship....as much as it doesn't appear to be so.

True that.  Still, doesn't defy the fact that the OSX-kuns have been starved for quie some time, ever since the full Mac roster has been filled.  ^^;

QuoteThat sounds exciting and ambitious!

Actually, based on what I've read, it's actually fairly simple and doable.  I'm trying to avoid overly-ambitious projects now -- and figure that if I want to try my hand at a simple game that can still tie to our OS-tans, than a game of Concentration would be idle.  ^___^

The fact that it's open, though, does invite further expansion to it (assuming we think of other ways to use OS-tan pictures in well-known games).  ^.^

QuoteAlrighty!

Like I said (I think), I'm not entirely sold on these colors, so if you would like to change colors, go for it.

Well, I take it the colors are based on the older General Motors company logo, so in a way its appropriate.  On the other hand, they do seem a bit strong given her age -- perhaps muting them a little (=lighting them up) might better match her era's fashion.

As noted before, Mutagenix-tan's third eye is her only obvious mutation. She might have special powers, but what those are is up to discussion. The overalls in her outfit allude to Mutagenix being derived from Slackware. Her poofy accordion sleeves resemble the Mutagenix "M" icon.

I was considering adding green streaks to her hair. I might still do it, if I ever get around to doing a shaded version of this picture.

Fufufu!  Talk about unique!  ^__^
The eye takes some getting used to, but it kinda works out in a very strange, unusual way.  It helps that she looks so hip and confident.  ^-^

The accordian sleeves also help add a level of distinction -- I think you've blended all these elements just right so that they look cool rather than scary.  >v<

As for her hair,... I guess I'd have to see it to see if I think otherwise, but I think it's fine as it is.  The third eyes and the sleeves do the job just right -- the hair might be overkill.  ^^

(plus this way, she still retains her Slackware heritage... ^.^)

==================

Okay, that's all for the evening out of this foolish pig!

Night all!  ^v^

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"WAAAAAAAAH!!!! Curse me for trying to get the shading down! >__<
I might have missed my deadline (is it still 9/3 where you live, Siya-san?), but hopefully not....

In any event, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIYA-SAN!!!! ^v^

I believe this picture needs no introductions... I'm sure you know who they are and what they're cosplaying. ^_____^
WOW, C-Chan!  That's totally awesome!  Thanks! ^_^
I never would have considered having FreeSBIE-tan and RoFreeSBIE-tan cosplay Marc and I.  They look really cool! ^^

My birthday is really the second, but I didn't tell anyone until it was too late (this way, it seems like my birthday all week long! XD).

Quote5'10"? ''

Meh,... well she barely makes the cut, but okay. She's hired. ^__^
Just be gentle. ;v;
Well, that's the minimum height I was considering.  I want her to look somewhat...intimidating.  Maybe she's taller?

QuoteWell, I take it the colors are based on the older General Motors company logo, so in a way its appropriate. On the other hand, they do seem a bit strong given her age -- perhaps muting them a little (=lighting them up) might better match her era's fashion.
Sounds like a good idea!

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Wow! For a mutant, Mutagenix-tan is very cute! I like the poofy accordion sleeves because they help give her even more of a mutant look!
Indeed!  It's as if even her sense of fashion is mutated! XD

Quote from: "C-Chan"As for her hair,... I guess I'd have to see it to see if I think otherwise, but I think it's fine as it is. The third eyes and the sleeves do the job just right -- the hair might be overkill. ^^

(plus this way, she still retains her Slackware heritage... ^.^)
Well, this is probably close to what it would look like:

But I think you're right.  She has enough with the third eye and accordion sleeves.

C-Chan

You're quite welcome Siya-san.  ^__^
I needed OS-tans twins to make the parody possible,... and hey, who better?  ^.^

Nah, 5'10" is fine.  Any more will just mean I'll go broke faster cause I'd pay more.....  ^____^;

And yeah, don't think the hair streaks add much,... but on the other hand, that spear IS PERFECT!!  WOW!  AWESOME!!!  MAXIMUM SUGOINESS!!!!!!!!  @v@

==============

Okay, gotta stop here for a moment to take care of things.  I'll return to finally tackle those major threads when I return.  ^___^

Bella

Happy birthday Siya-san! :D

Mutagenix-tan is looking really awesome! At first I had forgotten--I thought she was gong to be a cyclops. I really like her overalls and hairdo as a nod to Slackware-chan, and her third eye...and accordion sleeves... are definitely unique features!

I love the Slackware-tans, and Mutagenix-tan is no different!

QuoteWell, I take it the colors are based on the older General Motors company logo, so in a way its appropriate. On the other hand, they do seem a bit strong given her age -- perhaps muting them a little (=lighting them up) might better match her era's fashion.

I think I might make them more subtle when I color her (and I will color her! Maybe not right now, but I will when I get the chance :3)

QuoteWAAAAAAAAH!!!! Curse me for trying to get the shading down! >__<

In any event, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIYA-SAN!!!! ^v^

I believe this picture needs no introductions... I'm sure you know who they are and what they're cosplaying. ^_____^

Kawaii! ^^

I just love this picture! The characters cosplaying as Siya and Marc are adorable, and the cake looks yummy. My favorite part in their design, I think, is the eyes. They're so deep and pretty @___@

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh yeah, and I concur--Mutagenix-tan's spear is awesome! You have such a knack for designing spears for the Linuxen, I usually just leave them out of my pictures :P

C-Chan

Oh yeah, forgot about this one too.  ^___^

[btw, contrary to what it may seem, I am not slacking off on my promised reply -- just taking a small break.... ^.^; )

QuoteI just love this picture! The characters cosplaying as Siya and Marc are adorable, and the cake looks yummy. My favorite part in their design, I think, is the eyes. They're so deep and pretty @___@

Well the cake was a real rush job, so I hardly think it's yummy-looking.  ^^;
But think the candles came out pretty decent and well it's nice to know that the FreeSBIE sisters look adorable. ^-^
I certainly love them to bits -- definitely one of Siya-san's greatest character pair.  ^___^

My original thought was to have various of his girls (in chibi form, of course) in the process of making a cake, and making quite a mess. There would have even been a small cameo appearance of Chicken Linux-chan and Abraxis-chan doing something unintentionally(?) suggestive with a cherry.

But naturally I caught the over-ambitiousness of the picture, so to meet the deadline I opted for something much shorter and sweeter, and surely more Siya-like (hence the parody), but still with a small nod to the original pic idea (hence the cake).  ^___^

Oh, and for sure eyes are perhaps THE most important trait of an Anime character -- so much so that they're literally the first thing I draw (followed by the nose/mouth, followed by hair, then by the actual head).  ^^

This is a bit different from my usual Haruhistic eyes in that I used an crescent-shaped irises -- a style fairly common in several of the newer series.

BTW, if anyone's interested in the Sauce, let me know (that means you too, birthday boy).  ^__^

Siya

*dusts off thread, resulting in a fit of coughing and sneezing*

I don't really have anything new for this, just yet.  I'm still searching around for my Oralux sketches.

In the meantime, here's my color map for OLPC-sensei as a placeholder:

Aurora Borealis

OLPC-sensei is looking very pretty! The design for her jacket is especially clever!

C-Chan

Yo Siya-san.  ^^

Quote*dusts off thread, resulting in a fit of coughing and sneezing*

I don't really have anything new for this, just yet. I'm still searching around for my Oralux sketches.

In the meantime, here's my color map for OLPC-sensei as a placeholder:

Fufufu... A little more white than green, but I think that makes it a little less predictable.  I like it!  The dress does have a very Code Geass-like elegance to it!  ^v^

I'm wondernig if black or brown hair would work better than blonde... can't say I'll be able to say much more than that, but I do hope you can work your magic and make her design soar.  ^.^

On a side not, it's funny how OLPC-sensei has been in the news a lot lately.  Recently I've heard that M$ has hijacked the project in name only (for PR purposes), but technically speaking the laptops are not designed to run or even boot Windows, and thus have to be heavily customized for that purpose.

Well, guess this is it.  -v-

Siya-san... I appreciate all you've done for this site, sharing what little time you can spare to draw some of the greatest OS-tans character designs that have ever graced these walls.  ^.^

I hope to see you around DA!

Ja!  ^__^

*C-chan signs off*