Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Thank you Siya.  ^^

Have quite a bit on queue, so perhaps I'll call it a day then.  ^__^

I do have something for you.  Stand by.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Wow! Parsix has such a cool and beautiful OS-tan desktop assistant  and even puts that talking XP-tan in the infamous YouTube video to shame! XD

But seriously, excellent job bringing Parsix-tan into full color! ;010

C-Chan

Ahh now, that's too much.... maybe if it were animated, but we don't have Inkscape 0.48 yet, or a woman who speaks Japanese (or in this case, maybe Farsi).  ^_____________^

Thank you, though.  ^.^

Added after 3 hours 52 minutes:

EDIT:  Per Siya's permission, my Parsix-tan SVG has now officially been Open Sauced!  Feel free to visit the SVG Downloads section if you want a copy.  ^__^

Bella

OH DEAR GOD! ITSA PARSIX-TAN! NO WAI!

Beautiful work Siya and C-Chan! I am starting to think that my absence is benifical for this forum's productivity! ;)

Siya

I...I've been meaning to do something for a while...

But...I've been lazy...

So, I did a lazy computer sketch for Silver Dollar-tan!

She is the virus also known as Silver and Leprosy.  Beware her touch!  
Since silver ("shirubaa") is a term used to designate senior citizens ("silver specials" = senior special prices/ "silver seat" = bus seats reserved for the elderly and disabled), I have considered making Silver Dollar-tan's infectious touch make people old.  After all, for the young and beautiful, the infirmity of old age is like a form of leprosy....maybe.  I think I already mentioned that her bandages were the reference to her Leprosy alias.  Her giant silver dollar hat should be obvious.  Uhmmm....yus.  I think that is all.

Viruslist.com entry on the Silver Dollar virus.

C-Chan

WOW!
Siya-san!  Welcome back!!!  ^V^

Interesting new entry... reminds me of one of your sketches that you posted a while back (one that I thought you were cooperating with someone else to complete).  When it comes to imagination, you never fail to impress -- I never thought that anything with bandages on could look elegant, but I stand corrected!  ^v^

Oh and as a self-proclaimed numismatist, I'm gonna HAVE to appropriate the coin!  ^>^

Fabulous work, Siya-san!  Most importantly, glad to see you back!  ^__^

Siya

Hrmm...I don't remember anyone mentioning wanting to work on Silver Dollar-tan.  The Captain did ask to color Monkey-on-Your-Back-tan, though.  My memory is full of holes, though...I could have missed something rather important.  Also...ACK!

You might not want to touch that coin, C-Chan!  Silver Dollar-tan's touch is...not good.

It's good to be back, though.  Now that the summer break is nearly over, it'll be nice to have a regular income again.

Bella

Oh C-Chan you, always bragging about being a numismatist--numismatists, bibliophiles, hell, even philatelists--what you do in the confines of your own home is your business! @___@

*wikis terms*

Oh...wait...no...okay, for I second there I thought...yeah, nevermind ^///^

No, seriously, Silver Dollar-tan is awesome! I've always liked her design, and seeing a colored version is all the better. Who knew leprosy could be this fabulous?

And the ability to turn people old would be a pretty scary power for her. Whatever you do, Siya, don't turn 'er loose in LA! The lines at the plastic surgery clinics will be miles long!

Here's hoping we see more colored works from you, Siya-san!

Siya

Thank you, Bella-san!

So, I was unpacking a box and found some old sketches...

First is RIP-tan.

We had discussed her before as being a sort of necromancer.

Next is StressLinux-san.

Due to her function, I figured an S&M dominatrix was an appropriate template for her.  Her loose lock of wavy hair is from the tornado in the StressLinux icon.

Then there's YES-tan.  

Since YES Linux is a distro focused on aiding small business owners, I thought it would be appropriate for YES-tan appear as if she works in a small mom and pop store.

Last, I have a sketch of LoveLetter-tan enacting a love letter attack.

"Die," says she.

"No and phthbbttt," says I.

Bella

Oooh, RIP-tan is looking cut a and very Halloweenish, there. And why to I think she'd get along great with Plan 9-san...? ^^

Despite her rather odd...profession...StressLinux-tan is very beautiful and elegant. I really like her hair. Hey, if the Mac-tans have their dominatrix, Cheetah-tan, I guess the Linuxes deserve their own too :P

YES-tan is really cute and looks like a kinda like small-town person.

And LoveLetter-tan's attack looks really awesome! Nicely drawn! Though every time I hear LoveLetter-tan's name, Sara Bareilles songs come to mind. Odd, huh? O__o

Aurora Borealis

Silver Dollar-tan is so cool and scary!

Ooooooh! I really like RIP-tan! A magical girl AND a necromancer? Doubleplusawesome!

I agree that Stress Linux-tan is beautiful and elegant... And it seems that another certain dominatrix was mentioned... I wonder if they could be allies! Bwahahahah! Cheetah-tan and Stress Linux-tan teaming up against the OSX-kuns would make a good ZS episode!

YES-tan looks very cute and friendly and has an old-fashioned storekeeper vibe!

Great job with Loveletter-tan's love letter attack! The facial expression is perfect for her, the pose and action lines are very dynamic! ;010

C-Chan

QuoteHrmm...I don't remember anyone mentioning wanting to work on Silver Dollar-tan. The Captain did ask to color Monkey-on-Your-Back-tan, though. My memory is full of holes, though...I could have missed something rather important. Also...ACK!

I think you're right, though -- that probably was a different virus-tan.  ^___^

QuoteYou might not want to touch that coin, C-Chan! Silver Dollar-tan's touch is...not good.

*C-chan shrivels up like a prune, and grabs a cane*

Waaah?  Wazzat, sunny?   XvX

QuoteOh C-Chan you, always bragging about being a numismatist--numismatists, bibliophiles, hell, even philatelists--what you do in the confines of your own home is your business! @___@

*wikis terms*

Oh...wait...no...okay, for I second there I thought...yeah, nevermind ^///^

Okay,... now I'm curious.  After all, curiosity only killed the cat, but not the pig.  TvT

QuoteAnd the ability to turn people old would be a pretty scary power for her. Whatever you do, Siya, don't turn 'er loose in LA! The lines at the plastic surgery clinics will be miles long!

Hmmm....

*ponders*

*dials phone*

.....AtariTOS-sa-ma!  I have someone you'll just L-U-V to meet!  ^____________^

First is RIP-tan.

We had discussed her before as being a sort of necromancer.

Yeah, I do vaguely remember the little potential-friend-to-Plan9-sama.  She reminds me a bit of Nodoka from Mahou Sensei Negima (when she partners up), and hopefully she's just as cool.  ^__^

Next is StressLinux-san.

Due to her function, I figured an S&M dominatrix was an appropriate template for her. Her loose lock of wavy hair is from the tornado in the StressLinux icon.

Oh wow,... she's not holding back, is she?  @v@
I hear Linux-tans are brutally-honest, but this takes the cake.  ^_______^;

Then there's YES-tan.

Since YES Linux is a distro focused on aiding small business owners, I thought it would be appropriate for YES-tan appear as if she works in a small mom and pop store.

Ah!  Too cute!  ^__^
Not sure if it's because of the sketch-look, but she reminds me a bit of Roll from the Rockman/Megaman series (what with the futuristic-looking bonnet combined with the humble work attire).

Can definitely say "yes" to that!  *laughs at own bad joke*  ^____^

QuoteLast, I have a sketch of LoveLetter-tan enacting a love letter attack.

Very dynamic pose -- to be expected from a hardcore comic artist.  ^___^

Looking at her this way, she does remind me a bit of one of those old Sailor Moon villains somewhat.  ^.^

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to color any of these sketches, or do you have something else in the works?  ^^

Siya

To answer the last question first:
Quote from: "C-Chan"Just out of curiosity, are you planning to color any of these sketches, or do you have something else in the works? ^^
Yes?

(Notes on StressLinux-tan later)

I hope to get around to color all of them, eventually.  Realistically, I don't think that's going to happen.  I'm a lazy, lazy person and I have unrelated projects I need to work on, as well.  But I'll do what I get to! XD

Quote from: "Bella"Despite her rather odd...profession...StressLinux-tan is very beautiful and elegant. I really like her hair. Hey, if the Mac-tans have their dominatrix, Cheetah-tan, I guess the Linuxes deserve their own too :P
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I agree that Stress Linux-tan is beautiful and elegant... And it seems that another certain dominatrix was mentioned... I wonder if they could be allies! Bwahahahah! Cheetah-tan and Stress Linux-tan teaming up against the OSX-kuns would make a good ZS episode!
Yay!  StressLinux-tan has a friend! ^^

I was also thinking that StressLinux-tan might be a professional torturer as well.  With her job of testing the limits of what a computer system can handle, I'm sure she's "broken" a few.

I did something similar with her hair that I did with ZETA-tan, where I used a different colored lock to mimic the icon.

Added after 15 hours 9 minutes:

Also, since I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing her, I'm going to post my color map for Adamantix-tan.  Mostly because I like how it looks, even if it's not a finished piece.

Bella

Wowza! @__@

Stress Linux-tan is looking mighty awesome, there! I love her piercing yellow eyes, her white hair, and her blue forelock. Her outfit is very...well...suited to her job ^^

And she's a professional torturer? Oh noes, I think CTU is gonna try to recruit her! (oh lawd, I just made a 24 reference.)

As for your lack of finished sketches, I hope you don't mind me offering, but I'd think about perhaps coloring a few! I really love you designs for...oh, I think her name is Aegeis/DomainOS-tan, GMOS-tan, SAGE-sama, and of course, Adamantix-tan. The latter would be the easiest for me to finish cause the colors are mapped out; but say the word and I'll be willing to help out (as my free time will allow me to, of course).

Siya

Go for it, Bella-san!  I have a color map made up for GMOS-tan if you'd want to see it.  I'm not sure I like the colors, though.  I also have a reference picture for SAGE-sama's hairstyle, if you like.  I don't have any for SAGE-sama or Aegis/Domain-tan, but I can make up a couple with a few color suggestions if you like.  Whichever project you wish to adopt, it's yours! ^^

I think I'm going to try working on Mutagenix-tan next.  I have her lines inked (finally).