What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 03:59:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chocofreak13


svx

Got an iPod Touch! Just a 1st gen, 8gb...

Weird story... It was my brother's birthday, so you'd except that he'd be the one getting the presents, ne?

Called him up at his work to say happy birthday and, ehh... he said he had... an iPod for me. For $60. Apparently somebody asked him to hack it for them, and wound up selling it to him. :p

Named it Maru

@choco - HexRays is a decompiler that I could use to figure out how Flele works and write a version of it for a different OS! I used it to reverse Morrowind when I was spending more time on my PSP port

NejinOniwa

Vodka-kun: When not completely incarcerated, he is a most proficient haxman.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13


MDWTiger

At church: XP 32bit Pro , hand built
It has 6 drives that are each just under a terabyte (931GB)
(drive 1 has 931, drive 2 has 931,...)
4 GB Ram and a 3.16 Intel Core 2 Duo for a cpu.

Home : 7 64bit , HP
1 drive that has 660 GB
8 GB Ram and a 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad cpu.


Just for the record the main reason 7 is on my home computer and not XP.
Is because my old XP machine Died.
And machines with windows 7 are the only thing that computer stores in my area sell.

Red-Machine

XP is an awful OS to use these days for gaming, you'd be better sticking with Vista or 7.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

stick with 7. it's vista, only better. :\

Dr. Kraus

So true, put XP pro back on ghetto box and it's slow as hell.
Stick with 7, it's the best option to date, have it all of my computers with some being more than 6-7 years old.

Bella

Resident (ex) XPtard is sad to hear all the XP bashing. Well not really, since she frankly doesn't care about XP now that she's a Unix user, but still.

For fsck's sake, how can Win7 be FASTER than XP on a 6-7 yo PC?! ¬¬

NejinOniwa

Because it's better? -w-;

Besides, 7 takes up negligibly more resources than XP-sp3 does, so yah.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

February 10, 2011, 02:47:42 pm #865 Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:52:42 pm by Dr. Kraus
It's pretty amazing how that's possible, ghetto comp is around 5 years old and runs win7 waaaaaaaaaaay better than windows XP. It's so lightweight for an os that it can run on nvidea's quadro graphic chip alone and still use programs without lag! Microsoft showed this off at CES a little while ago, can wait for some windows7 tablets to come out!

Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 10, 2011, 02:44:02 pm
Because it's better? -w-;

Besides, 7 takes up negligibly more resources than XP-sp3 does, so yah.


I've never seen win7 chew up as much as what XP dose...

TheClone

I used to dualboot XP and Ubuntu plus an old laptop on slackware booted straight into RAM. Then I realized I hate messing around with computers and I was only good at it because there was always something wrong with my setup - so I got myself a Macbook pro and have prob used the terminal once in a year and a half - to fix a media codec issue with VLC. Never crashed, never lagged.  :D Only things I miss are Medieval:Total War and a proper lightweight notepad...  Is this blasphemy?  ???

Red-Machine

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on February 10, 2011, 02:47:42 pmIt's pretty amazing how that's possible, ghetto comp is around 5 years old and runs win7 waaaaaaaaaaay better than windows XP.


Is this comparing a fresh install of XP with a fresh install of 7?  If not, it isn't a fair comparison.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: TheClone on February 11, 2011, 05:32:40 am
I used to dualboot XP and Ubuntu plus an old laptop on slackware booted straight into RAM. Then I realized I hate messing around with computers and I was only good at it because there was always something wrong with my setup - so I got myself a Macbook pro and have prob used the terminal once in a year and a half - to fix a media codec issue with VLC. Never crashed, never lagged.  :D Only things I miss are Medieval:Total War and a proper lightweight notepad...  Is this blasphemy?  ???


MAC BROTHA!!!! ^^

Sounds a lot like my story: I used to dual boot XP and Ubuntu (mostly used Ubuntu) but when that computer started to die I bought an iMac (2009 24'', 2.93gHz running OSX Snow Leopard). Never had any issues with mine either, it does everything I want and then some.

It's awesome not having to worry about your computer constantly, isn't it? :D

TheClone

Quote from: Bella on February 11, 2011, 06:04:31 pm
It's awesome not having to worry about your computer constantly, isn't it? :D


This is how I feel when I boot my computer-->     8)


Only problem is how ridiculously expensive they are. I'm not buying a new computer until this one starts crashing on startup - probably sometime next decennium...