What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

sempron? new processor type? interesting. xD

also, speedy appears to be having a good day today, since my wireless card is working. ^^

i should get her an icepack, though, since she feels a little toasty. :[
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

No, Kari, the Sempron has been around since 2004.  It's AMD's equivalent of the Celeron, and overall a pretty shitty CPU.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

aaah. okie.

so if i was to personify the Sempron, i'd make it look exactly like the Celeron, only with an ahoge, braids, and a leek. >w<;
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Well, the Celeron is a pretty shitty CPU, too.  They're both low-budget offerings.

Chocofreak13

but the celeron is the lesser of two evils? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

While both are not that great, I personally feel the Sempron is the better one; they tend to feel more powerful. After all, my dad's desktop runs circles around my grandma's PC with a slower processor and less RAM (Well, until I upgraded that part).

Also, while we're on the subject of low-end processors, I remember one of the guys at Game-X-Change, when he heard that I was planning on building a PC (A project that ultimately became 2k-tan the Desktop), tried to talk me out of a Core i7 and instead get a Celeron and overclock it. Obviously, I ignored him

Chocofreak13

why would you overclock a processor when a faster one is available? you could just overclock the faster one. :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Cus faster processors are more expensive, Kari.  It's more cost-effective to buy a slower one and overclock it.

Nichi

Of course, I had no intentions on overclocking; in fact, this Core i7 running stock gets near perfect scores on the Windows Experince Index, so overclocking won't make that much of a difference.

Chocofreak13

@red: i meant a SIMILARLY PRICED one. ><;
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

hmmmm... I'm probably going to switch out my board for a AM3+ socket and get a AMD Phenom II x6 CPU... That is going to rock!

Nichi

I almost went with one of those for my desktop, before ultimately going with a Core i7 (Since I was replacing a PC that had a Pentium 4 HT, it only seemed right that the replacement was also capable of HyperThreading)

Chocofreak13

man, i feel like a noob. >.>;;
click to make it bigger

svx

Windows? OS X? Hah. I've forsaken even Linux at this point

I have no need for these petty "systems"
"Operating systems," they are sometimes called
"Gladware Containers"
Not anymore

I've overcome all of that nonsense.
I've switched to DOS again.
...and by doing so, I have entered the matrix

I am Batman
in the matrix
from using DOS

Sabayon is treating me well too, FYI. Ever since I switched to it a while back. But don't tell DOS...

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS