Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 05, 2015, 11:27:58 AM
hope that's affordable?

speaking of, i think i'm in the market for a new laptop. >>;
sounds pretty expensive for me

i hear laptops these days have quad HD screens

Chocofreak13

i have no idea, but the one i'm considering is refurbished anyway, so it wouldn't have all the latest specs. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

You know, helping my mom with computer problems makes me feel like Rev does during the Blind Mario streams -___-;

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah. She just needed to take a screenshot to show she completed a class (As requested by her teacher), but she insisted upon embedding it in an RTF file, because she was convinced a JPEG wouldn't display on her teacher's computer (Honestly, if her teacher's computer can't handle a simple JPEG, there's far bigger problems than if she passed that test >>; )

Chocofreak13

yeah.....but at least she got it done. :\
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I came across this today in the Windows 10 changelog:

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

GLaDOS > Cortana

Oh, wait; we were talking about Cortana the Voice Assistant Thing, and not Cortana the AI from Halo. So, correction:

GLaDOS >> Cortana

Chocofreak13

well, i was gonna get that new laptop this week, but now i need to see the dentist again.

guess i'm never getting it ;v;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :[

So, I just bumped up the RAM in Asagi III, from 4GB to 8GB (Maxed out) :3
(Also, I'm going to revive 2k in approx. 2 weeks)

Chocofreak13

do the thing! :0

if i have enough cash after all is said and done with xmas presents, i'ma buy that laptop. >:0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The order is placed. She's baaaaaaaack~

...likely by Thursday, at least -w-;

To elaborate a bit, I intended to buy one motherboard I found (One from some company called "ASRock", whomever they are) that was $85...but it was sold out, so i browsed and instead found one that was cheaper ($80) from a brand I actually know and have heard good things about (Gigabyte), and bought that instead.

Goujer (she/her)

ASRock is pretty good. My room mate uses one of their motherboards right now and I used an LGA775 by them in my tower until I made the jump to an ASUS LGA 1150. Although it is to note that that motherboard seemed to break any DDR2 stick but into it, but as far as I know that may have been do to a misplaced jumper.

Nichi

Noted. Which, finding a motherboard for 2k that meets the minimum of 4 RAM slots at a reasonable price was a pain; I wasn't about to cut my RAM in half just to get her back up