What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Sounds nice. I dual-boot Linux Mint and Windows 7 on my laptop, although to be honest the Windows 7 side rarely sees use; since Linux Mint is much faster on Asagi's limited hardware (Windows 7 feels slower now, after all the updates).

Also, one of my coworkers is interested in having me build him a desktop next year; when he gets his income tax check.

Chocofreak13

nice, bro. as for MKL, it's a rather interesting version as Linux distros go. look it up if you get a chance, and i can post a review vid if you want (though, admittedly, the guy knows NOTHING about anime, so it can be a bit painful to watch at times).
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

The Stages of Realizing that Your Inexplicable Performance Issues Were Due to Vista Power Settings Reducing Processor Usage to Fifty Percent:

> When you first open the processor menu

> Realization slowly sets in

> Impact on your computer's lifetime performance fully actualized

> Acceptance

> Fix settings

> Fire up your favorite games

> Note performance improvement and actually start gameplay

> Gameplay

Conclusion:

Bella

>My reaction when I found out that Katherine had been running at half-power all these years

>How I felt when I realized that she'd been thwarted by Windows' power settings - just as Xue had been.

>What I wanna do to the chucklefucks at Microsoft who decided it would be cool to design a program to restrict / overload the processor.

(The amount of stupidity makes me wish I had a third hand so I could triple-facepalm.)

>My reaction when I heard that she was running much better now.

I'm sure Katherine would thank you if she could~

Nichi

I had the same problem with Asagi, which is part of why I decided to scrap Windows 7 and go with Linux Mint.

She went from this:

...to this

LeaflameSD

Great picture thread we got going here, guys. ^^

Nichi

Chocofreak13

DO NOT KNOCK THE REACTION IMAGES THIS IS A SRS ISSUE

hm, i should check on loly to see if she's going to have the same issues. TELL ME, SIR, HOW DOES PHONE HOME (how do i check it)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 19, 2013, 12:04:54 PM
Great picture thread we got going here, guys. ^^

If finding out that YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN RUNNING AT HALF PROCESSOR POWER FOR 5 YEARS isn't a cause for bombarding the thread with images, I don't know what is.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 19, 2013, 12:58:11 PM
DO NOT KNOCK THE REACTION IMAGES THIS IS A SRS ISSUE

hm, i should check on loly to see if she's going to have the same issues. TELL ME, SIR, HOW DOES PHONE HOME (how do i check it)

What OS are you running? In Windows 7 I *believe* it's under the (advanced) Power Management settings. I can check on Xue and report back later if you want me to.

Nichi

It's Windows 7. I should know; Loly is like an indirect member of my fleet, since I rebuilt her for Kari -w-

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Bella on August 19, 2013, 04:14:50 PM
If finding out that YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN RUNNING AT HALF PROCESSOR POWER FOR 5 YEARS isn't a cause for bombarding the thread with images, I don't know what is.
hwat

stewartsage

Shh Leaf, no tears now, only dreams

Chocofreak13

YOUR DREAMS WILL TURN TO ASHES[/rua2]

checked the power management, and thankfully the max processor output is 100%. the minimum is 5%, though, wondering if i should lower that. :\
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Nichi

So, I've decided that after the first of the year, I'm going to drop the Windows 7 partition from Asagi; given how Linux Mint just runs better on her, and the Windows side is almost never used anymore (It's usually a headache when I do try to use it; as it's very sluggish)