What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

THANKYOU.

in other news, i priced how much it's going to be to ship bella's stuff. surprisingly cheap. i can send it out tomorrow if i get an address. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Pent and K: Yay! : D

@Kari: I'll give you my address info on Skype tomorrow.

Chocofreak13

it's today, and i need it now, or else i can't ship it out till next week. where you at, bells? >:0

(you coulda just PM'd it to me, ya know.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

If she doesn't mind, I can send the address your way

Also, your laptop is coming along nicely :3

Bella

I'll send it to you now! Sorry, by the time I saw this message last night you were already signed out...

Chocofreak13

still, it would sit in storage till i woke up. but it was resolved, so it's all good.

EDIT: currently on OSC on two computers. not sure how. editing this from tanky. just to prove it, i'll post again from TK.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

(currently posting from TK) believe me now? i wonder how this happened, lol.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It's not that difficult. I once was logged in from 2k, Asagi, Sonata, and Sara all at once :3

EDIT: Actually, I can top that. Sometimes, I'm logged in on Skype from two different computers at once >:3

Chocofreak13

i suppose i was both intrigued and weirded out is because i'm used to stuff logging me out when i log in from two different places. aim, gaia, facebook...
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm

So, I have your laptop ready to go from a software standpoint. Just need to upgrade the RAM, and it'll be ready to go :3

Also, as a fun fact, I'm typing this from Penti-chan; just because I felt like it

Chocofreak13

lol. xD

as for the ram, well, i have my end of the bargain with mum. i'll mention it again. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, things I have learned about the laptop I'm fixing up for Kari:

- It can torrent without issue
- Surfing the internet without an ad-blocker of some kind really sucks (If you'd like, I can install an adblock add-on for Opera. It'd help reduce some slowdown when you have 30+ tabs open :3)
- She can view videos on Springboard without issue (Stuff like the Angry Video Game Nerd, The Spoony Experiment, etc.), given that the connection can take it; an improvement over Asagi, who can't handle that accursed Springboard site

Chocofreak13

REPORTING IN FROM LOLY!

Computer Model: Lenovo Thinkpad R61
Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM
Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Screen: 15.4"
Features: Keyboard Lamp, Fingerprint Scanner, DVD Burner, 3 USB Ports, 2 PCMCIA Slots, SVideo Out,

hoping to get a skin eventually, but for now loly is gorgeous on the inside. pent, i can't thank you enough. >w<
click to make it bigger

Nichi

No problem ^_^

I'm going to eventually fix up a laptop for myself, as a successor to Asagi. That, or if the price is right, I might just buy one new and have it custom-ordered :3

Chocofreak13

this computer is freakin' sweet. >w<
click to make it bigger