FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 01:16:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

lol. if i could get a camera at a high angle like that i'd take some reference shots for you. xD

Balrith

update

I know it looks like 95's standing on 3.1's dress right now. I'll figure something out eventually.    maybe

but references are cheeeeeaaaating :C

jk I really should do more studies from reference.

Chocofreak13

references aren't cheating, they're studying, duh. >>;

as for 95, it looks more like she's pressing against 3.1 and the dress is getting sandwiched in between. like it's scrunched against a wall. xD

curious, why is 3.1's hand like that? is she just contemplative, is she catching something, or is she maybe activating some sort of power? :0

Bella

Looks great! I can't wait to see it finished! ^^

Balrith

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 17, 2013, 12:45:32 am
curious, why is 3.1's hand like that? is she just contemplative, is she catching something, or is she maybe activating some sort of power? :0

Hmm don't really want to make any promises. Probably contemplative/catching something. I'd rather the viewer draw their own conclusion once they see the finished product. The way I see it, if an artist has to go back and explain a picture with words then the artist failed. That being said, I'm pretty sure most of the things I churn out are failures.

I did a little coloring today though.

Wonder how it looks on other people's monitors. I colored it on my new monitor but it looks really desaturated on my crappy lappy screen in comparison. Hope that's just the extra $$ at work and not an error in color calibration.

NejinOniwa

Looks Very Very good on mine, I'd say.

Aside from the part where she's want for a pair of legs, but that's another thing.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Penti-chan

Chocofreak13

is that 95 or Asuna? :0

looks good. and i don't consider it a failure on the part of the artist for having to explain shit with words. it's a failure on the part of the viewer. -w-

LeaflameSD

Rest of it looks great, but the legs look... off. ^^

Chocofreak13

it's called forshortening, people. i can see the foot, can't you? >>;

Bella

The coloring looks alright on my monitor. Better than alright, actually, I love the soft and watercolor-y look you have going here.

NejinOniwa

Derp, I thought the foreshortened legs were just robe...

My bad lel.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i wish i could do that level of foreshortening. i suuuuck when it comes to foreshortening. >>;

Bella

I drew some character body-type references / headcanons.

L to R: MTS-tan, OS/360-tan, SAGE-tan and Multics-tan

Also, Kari, this video has some really useful tips for foreshortening, I recommend it.

Chocofreak13

ty.

not that your art isn't amazing (it really is), but you have a backlog of drawings. when are those getting out? >>;