FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight_88

zjhentohlauedy, C-Chan and Alfamille, thanks for the comments :D
I'm glad everyone likes her, and that I don't have to make any changes (maybe I should add a proper background...but I just suck at that) :D

Quote from: "C-Chan"You know... upon second looking,.... she kinda/sorta/maybe reminds me of a gray-haired, purple-clothed Nuku Nuku.....  *siiiiiiiigh*  Sweet sweet bittersweet memories of yore..............  ^______^
Care to explain? the googles do nothing only show a purple haired girl >_>

Quote from: "C-Chan"
In any event, with this cutie done, it's time for the â,¬65,000 question.... What's next on Darknight's agenda?  ^__^
ohoho...
I was thinking about a Kagami fanart...
...but I think I'll go with some Vis-tan :D

"CAPTAIN!, WE DETECT A HUGE C-CHAN APPROACHING FAST INTO COLITION COURSE WITH OUR SHIP!...BRACE FOR IMPACT!!  

C-Chan

QuoteI'm glad everyone likes her, and that I don't have to make any changes (maybe I should add a proper background...but I just suck at that)

Easier solution,... just collage her with a preexisting wallpaper.  Worked with my PCLOS-tan pic.  ^___^

QuoteCare to explain? the googles do nothing only show a purple haired girl >_>

Oh darknight, darknight darknight, how can you not knoweth she of the android body and cat brain, the first ever Anime that I loved, the one whom I based my first game modificaiton on.  ^___^

Here's TV series #1 Nuku Nuku with her battle-mode ears:

I'm actually thinking your Sony-chan looks more like OVA Nuku Nuku, who has a more subtle drawing style and yellow/white "ears".  ^^

Quoteohoho...
I was thinking about a Kagami fanart...
...but I think I'll go with some Vis-tan  

"CAPTAIN!, WE DETECT A HUGE C-CHAN APPROACHING FAST INTO COLITION COURSE WITH OUR SHIP!...BRACE FOR IMPACT!!

*twitch twitch*  ^___^x

Not withstanding the blasphemy of foresaking Kagami-sama for someone who's been drawn 1,342,864 times, you know of course that I don't mind what you draw as long as you draw.... ^____^x

*twitch twitch*

Certainly as long as we keep the community going, you can draw Saseko on Homeko hentai and I'd support you 100%.  ^^x

*twitch twitch twitch*

Or more realistically in that particular circumstance, 70%.... ^^X

*twitch twitch twitch twitch*

*grins*

Course, it's just occurred to me... ^___^
Since you're more likely than anyone else to help out a fellow paisano, I know for a fact that you'll be kind, understanding and righteous enough to consume what our country produces.... ^___^

In other words,....

You'll be drawing..........

FRIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jijiji,.. yeah, I can live with THAT Vista.... ^_________^

Darknight_88

*twitch twitch*  ^___^x

Not withstanding the blasphemy of foresaking Kagami-sama for someone who's been drawn 1,342,864 times, you know of course that I don't mind what you draw as long as you draw.... ^____^x

*twitch twitch*

Certainly as long as we keep the community going, you can draw Saseko on Homeko hentai and I'd support you 100%.  ^^x

*twitch twitch twitch*

Or more realistically in that particular circumstance, 70%.... ^^X

*twitch twitch twitch twitch*

*grins*

Course, it's just occurred to me... ^___^
Since you're more likely than anyone else to help out a fellow paisano, I know for a fact that you'll be kind, understanding and righteous enough to consume what our country produces.... ^___^

In other words,....

You'll be drawing..........

FRIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jijiji,.. yeah, I can live with THAT Vista.... ^_________^

I like Frida... but I like Nijiura's Vis-tan more >_>

So...here it goes: Vis-tan drawing alpha version .02 :

Just a quick 5 min sketch. Generic pose (don't have the imagination for more right now...). Need to check eyes size, head tilt, draw a proper left hand, give a proper end to the right hand, check overall anatomy of the body, etc.

Yeah.
ETA: 3 weeks -2 monts/forever. Taking into account that uni is about to start.

C-Chan

QuoteI like Frida... but I like Nijiura's Vis-tan more >_>

Hmmmm...... -v-

What's the word that's coming to my head right now.....

*ponders*

Ah yes,... "Malinchista".  ^.^

Fufu... just kidding,... ^v^
Strangely enough, the Nijiura version does have an uncanny resemblance to Frida, who if I recalled also made a very brief cameo appearance on that board (though not sure if prior to or after Nijiura-version appeared)...... ¬¬

Yeah, I like her too,... In fact, she'd be the only Vistan I'd vouch for an official version, if not for the fact I think she's way too nice and sweet.  -v-

Someone more bigoted and short-fused would fit the bill better.... ^v^

QuoteSo...here it goes: Vis-tan drawing alpha version .02 :

Just a quick 5 min sketch. Generic pose (don't have the imagination for more right now...). Need to check eyes size, head tilt, draw a proper left hand, give a proper end to the right hand, check overall anatomy of the body, etc.

Yeah.
ETA: 3 weeks -2 monts/forever. Taking into account that uni is about to start.

Well no complaints here,... I reckon I admire a person who can sketch a nearly-complete character in 5 minutes.  ^__^
And the characteristic feathered "ears" of the Nijiura version invites swoonage.  ^__~

But what's this I heard before about hands somewhere else?  `v'

[sing-song] ...Y la olla contestó como las bravas
¡Miré joven, puras habas!
 ^__^

Darknight_88

Ah yes,... "Malinchista".  ^.^
-_-
Fufu... just kidding,... ^v^
Strangely enough, the Nijiura version does have an uncanny resemblance to Frida, who if I recalled also made a very brief cameo appearance on that board (though not sure if prior to or after Nijiura-version appeared)...... ¬¬

Yeah, I like her too,... In fact, she'd be the only Vistan I'd vouch for an official version, if not for the fact I think she's way too nice and sweet.  -v-

Someone more bigoted and short-fused would fit the bill better.... ^v^

actually yeah, Frida and Nijiura Vis-tan are very similar in looks. I think Frida was first. Maybe the ponytails were based on Frida's design (or a reference of "longhorn")

What's so bad about her being nice and sweet? It actually represents Windows Vista accurately. Though, I would add her a touch of Yandere.
Yah. You don't want to make her angry. Much like 95-tan.

and I didn't wanted to post this because this was unfinished, but a certain post from a certain SOMEONE forced me to post it...

Inked. My first and only inked pic. Still isn't as finished as I would want, but I never finished it due to exams and whatnot.

C-Chan

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, pig-forgiving H-chan,....
But wait a sec.... -v-

"FIRST" inked drawing?  But haven't you been inking drawings all this time?  (all the way back to to Battle Suit 95?)  @o@
Or am I just confusing terminology here.... -v-'

Quoteactually yeah, Frida and Nijiura Vis-tan are very similar in looks. I think Frida was first. Maybe the ponytails were based on Frida's design (or a reference of "longhorn")

That's the thought that occurred to me.  Despite all the rantings and ravings of certain lunatics elsewhere, art can permeate in reverse if given the chance.  -v-

Although now that you think about it, we're all technically "malinchistas" since we're so fascinated with another culture's products.  ^____^;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, pig-forgiving H-chan,....
But wait a sec.... -v-

"FIRST" inked drawing?  But haven't you been inking drawings all this time?  (all the way back to to Battle Suit 95?)  @o@
Or am I just confusing terminology here.... -v-'
inked as in "inked with real ink", using an stylograph :p

Icelilly

Everyone's drawings are so pretty. *_* I wish I could draw...

C-Chan

Quoteinked as in "inked with real ink", using an stylograph

hoh..... funny, I always thought you did that for some reason.  '__'
(and then scanned the results into PS)

QuoteEveryone's drawings are so pretty. *_* I wish I could draw...

Well technically speaking you can. ^__^
Every time you pick up a pen and draw the glyphs we call "words" on a piece of paper, you're essentially "drawing" writing.  ^v^

And if you can be trained to "draw" an entire alphabet (maybe 2 or 3), then you can certainly learn to "draw" more complicated imagery, such as Anime cel-style drawing.  ^__^

Always bear in mind,....

If an elephant can create art with its trunk:

http://www.elephantart.com/catalog/splash.php

... you can easily create such things with your much more dexterous hands!  ^v^

Now if coordinate positioning and proportions are a problem for you (as it is for me), then computer vector graphics can assist you with that as well.  

Ultimately, though, it all boils down to how much faith you have in yourself to achieve a goal.  If it's non-existent, then yeah there's no point cause you'll have failed before even starting.  -.-

But if it's really something you want to try, then by all means try it.  We'll be here to help!  ^__^

Darknight_88

Quoteinked as in "inked with real ink", using an stylograph

hoh..... funny, I always thought you did that for some reason.  '__'
(and then scanned the results into PS)

nope
Actually, after I scan the drawing I have to retrace it in Photoshop in order to obtain a clean linework...so there's no use in wasting time inking the original.

Drawings phases:
1) Sketch on paper using pencil
2) Refined drawing on paper using pencil
3) Scan drawing
4) Digital Linework (digintal inking..): Trace over the scanned pic.
5) Color

Quote from: "Icelilly"Everyone's drawings are so pretty. *_* I wish I could draw...
Well...As long as you want to, you can always draw. It's just about practice.

I started drawing anime (in fact, humans) 2 and a half year ago [more or less] , and while I'm still far from being an expert, I have improved a lot.

So, yeah, you can also draw as long as you have the desire to do so  ;010

SleepyD

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Drawings phases:
1) Sketch on paper using pencil
2) Refined drawing on paper using pencil
3) Scan drawing
4) Digital Linework (digintal inking..): Trace over the scanned pic.
5) Color
Sounds like my method. XD;

4 and 5 take forever. >->
speaking of which.... OS/2 is stalled at step 5.

sorry guys. ^^ Calculus seems to be taking up more time than expected.

Actual inking is pretty fun, but I still can't get it to look right. I use Sakura Microns and Sharpie if I somehow decide to ink with pen. ^^

C-Chan

NOOOOO!!!!  ;^0^;
Hang in there, SleepyD!!!  Don't give up!  ;^~^;

On the other hand,...

if the calc stuff won't let up any time soon, I can always help finish the coloring for you.  ^__^

Without Bella-san, I'm suffering from a bit of collaboration withdrawal, so I wouldn't mind.... -v-

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"NOOOOO!!!!  ;^0^;
Hang in there, SleepyD!!!  Don't give up!  ;^~^;

On the other hand,...

if the calc stuff won't let up any time soon, I can always help finish the coloring for you.  ^__^

Without Bella-san, I'm suffering from a bit of collaboration withdrawal, so I wouldn't mind.... -v-
ahaha, sure. I don't mind if you want to color OS/2. ^^

And if you think you can draw a better hand, please do. XD; I remember spending hours trying to get it to look right, and I still think it doesn't look right. haha... curse my perfectionism, why can't I just draw? (well, eventually I just gave up on trying to get it right and started coloring. ^^;

hrm... in what format would you like it? png?

C-Chan

Thank you, SleepyD!   ^__^
I'm not good at hands either, but I have some things which can help so I'll see what I can do.  ^.^

And why I certainly, I would love it in PNG.  You know I'm a sucker for free formats.  ^v^

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"Thank you, SleepyD!   ^__^
I'm not good at hands either, but I have some things which can help so I'll see what I can do.  ^.^

And why I certainly, I would love it in PNG.  You know I'm a sucker for free formats.  ^v^
haha, it's ok

welp, I'll get the lineart for ya tomorrow. My brain is mushy at the moment. ^^;;;