FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"W00t!!!!!!!  You finished it, and in record time for such awesome lighting (and considering you were planning to finish this by next year)!  ^__^
Could it be that maybe that so-called piedrada filled you up with motivation?  If so, I better think of some more!  ^.^

She reminds me a lot of your 95-tan submission, so i reckon you used a lot of the same lineart techniques.  Her feather thingies have a remarkable translucent glow that really compliments the background gorgeously.  Don't know what you mean about gradients being the future since everything still looks like your trademark soft shading, but I assume you mean what you did with her hair.  If so, it really looks good with the background as well.  (and I guess,... um,... "Go! Gradients!" ...and stuff...) ^.^'

However,........... I do have two MAJOR critiques that are SO grave and SOOOOO damning.... >0<... that you'll feel compelled to crawl underneath a rock in SHAAAAAAME!  ^0^

1)  You don't have this loaded up at the Gallery yet!  >0<

*checks gallery*

.......... Oh,.... okay, so you have it up now.... ^^
Very good,.... dodged a bullet there.... -v-

2)  You don't have it posted at +Nijiura+ yet!  >0<

*checks ++*

HA!!!!!!  YOU SEE!!!!!!!!!!  NO DARKNIGHT VISTAN!!!!!!  >v<

You drive her home this instant, young man, and post her up for mom and pop to judge accordingly!!!  ^v^

I think it looks good enough to post there anyway.

Although in fairness, while this is not exactly a critique as much as a possible addition, I should probably point out that your lovely gradient-bearing hair is uniformly colored throughout,... hence, it kinda looks like her body is not casting any shadows over it.  Then again, it hardly detracts from the beauty, and besides one could also make the argument that, A) her hair is flowing outward slightly, hence the light is able to slip in and bathe it in glorious mellow colors, or B) her hair is self-luminiscent to begin with.  I go for the latter since it's inherently "Aero"-like.  -v-

Oh, btw.... Felizidades Paisano!!!!!  ^________^

Well...aside the "pedrada", the lack of online gaming and the end of the first period of exams may have influenced in the "strikingly fast" end of this (lol, 1 month since the final sketch) . I miss my Internets ;_;

And the gradients...well, it may not look like it, but every shadow was made entirely by the gradient tool. No "fill path" was used in the creation of this, except in the base colors and lineart. The same shading techniques as with 95-tan, but used on a larger scale. Indeed, I used again colored lineart. Both gradient shading and lineart color weren't used in Gamma-tan (some gradients, but not on a large scale) and Kotonoha.

and...my bad, how come I forgot to shade the hair?! F'g LOL
Fix'd version:

added a highlight, but dunno If I should remove it, since it's the only place where it fits. Adding highlights in other parts looks awful.
Any more thoughts?

40% size fixed version: http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9801/vistanwhitebgfinal2jt5.jpg

And I know no Japanese...
But yeah, I think this fits more into +Nijiura+, given the fact that they're the ones who gave birth to her...

C-Chan

Aha!  So that explains it.  ^__^
Well, guess it's a nice trade-off.  ^.^

No silly games and evil exams, in exchange for boundless art growth potential (and also time to watch your Anime backlog, if applicable).  Heck, I wouldn't mind trading places with you if only I had something comparable for you to have fun with.  -v-
(you don't look like a Wii guy to me.  ^^)

QuoteAnd the gradients...well, it may not look like it, but every shadow was made entirely by the gradient tool. No "fill path" was used in the creation of this, except in the base colors and lineart. The same shading techniques as with 95-tan, but used on a larger scale. Indeed, I used again colored lineart. Both gradient shading and lineart color weren't used in Gamma-tan (some gradients, but not on a large scale) and Kotonoha.

Fufufu... in that case, you know what this means, eh?  ^___^
You're only a stone-throw away from Inkscape territory.  -v-

*beams out more curiosity waves*

Quoteand...my bad, how come I forgot to shade the hair?! F'g LOL
Fix'd version:

Awwww,... I was getting into the whole luminiscent hair explanation.  But oh well, winnage has increased an extra 10% as a result, so it looks great.  ^__^

Quoteadded a highlight, but dunno If I should remove it, since it's the only place where it fits. Adding highlights in other parts looks awful.
Any more thoughts?

Nope, retain since it enhances the "Anime" feel.  I figured you wanted a strictly "soft" look, so didn't mention anything about that before.  -.-

As for adding highlights in other parts,.... I dunno, I think some smaller ones would look really nice in her pigtails.  Because of the luminiscent feathers and all.  ^^

Consider experimenting on her armlet, transparent clothing and any metallic parts,... I think you'd be surprised by the results.  ^^

QuoteAnd I know no Japanese...
But yeah, I think this fits more into +Nijiura+, given the fact that they're the ones who gave birth to her...

Cobarde!  ^v^
*cluck cluck cluck*

Well okay, it's a valid concern, but it's not like you couldn't just pull any generic Japanese greeting phrase off Google, then post it up along with Vistan.  ^^

Or you can hook up with Alfamille-san,... he might be able to arrange something for ya.  ^v^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"Aha!  So that explains it.  ^__^
Well, guess it's a nice trade-off.  ^.^

No silly games and evil exams, in exchange for boundless art growth potential (and also time to watch your Anime backlog, if applicable).  Heck, I wouldn't mind trading places with you if only I had something comparable for you to have fun with.  -v-
(you don't look like a Wii guy to me.  ^^)
In exchange, I can't use the York class heavy cruiser I had just acquired ;_;
Fufufu... in that case, you know what this means, eh? ^___^
You're only a stone-throw away from Inkscape territory. -v-
NEVER!
Hogs too much RAM, etc. And I already know how to use Photoshop :P

Final (?) Version:

and BG less, 50% size version: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4064/vistan50jr9.jpg
generic Japanese greeting phrase off Google
Google translator it's terrible...
I have tried to translate nijiura/2chan replies, but they don't make sense in english. I guess the same happens when you translate from english to japanese...

C-Chan

QuoteIn exchange, I can't use the York class heavy cruiser I had just acquired ;_;

Fufu... well given that the government has traditionally refused to invest in anything beyond F-5's (and hand-me-downs at that!), probably better not to get used to weaponry that we'll never see in our lifetime.... -v-;
(and if this heavy cruiser thingie is space-faring, then more so ^^')

Just get yourself a Xiuhcoatl and caress it lovingly.  -v-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX-05

QuoteNEVER!
Hogs too much RAM, etc. And I already know how to use Photoshop :P

Oh, you'll succumb one day -- everyone always does.  -v-

*plots and schemes*

Course, it helps to be a pig,... cause you know, "hogging" just comes naturally to us.  ^____^

QuoteFinal (?) Version:

Okay, it's looking great still.  ^__^
But how come you flat shaded the highlights in the skirt?  The way you did that soft highlight on her left shoulder guard is I think the way to go.  On the other hand, manipulating a 75MB file is probably getting annoying, so if you want to cut, print and publish as it is now, I hear that.  ^__^

QuoteGoogle translator it's terrible...
I have tried to translate nijiura/2chan replies, but they don't make sense in english. I guess the same happens when you translate from english to japanese...

Haha!  Well of course you ain't gonna use it's translator.  ^__^
Just look how badly it translates from English to Spanish and vice versa,... and those languages have coexisted with eachother for centuries!  ^v^

Nah, I mean just pick out a generic phrase from sites like these:

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1343527

おå...ƒæ°— です か?  ^__^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Fufu... well given that the government has traditionally refused to invest in anything beyond F-5's (and hand-me-downs at that!), probably better not to get used to weaponry that we'll never see in our lifetime.... -v-;
(and if this heavy cruiser thingie is space-faring, then more so ^^')

Just get yourself a Xiuhcoatl and caress it lovingly.  -v-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX-05
nah, its just a WWII British cruiser, from a WWII MMORPG. But I had just purchased it...;_;
And the army cancelled the SU-27 purchase =/. And I have yet to see the FX-05 in use by other forces aside the special forces =/. During the time, this year, I was in the SMN, they still used the G3 in most places.
And they only let us use the "mosqueton" ;_;

Oh, you'll succumb one day -- everyone always does.  -v-
nope :D

Okay, it's looking great still.  ^__^
But how come you flat shaded the highlights in the skirt?  The way you did that soft highlight on her left shoulder guard is I think the way to go.  On the other hand, manipulating a 75MB file is probably getting annoying, so if you want to cut, print and publish as it is now, I hear that.  ^__^
Well the skirt was shaded like that by accident :D. But since it kinda looks like  the Vista taskbar, I left it like that :D

And the only problem with working a 75MB file it's saving, It takes like 30 seconds >_>

Haha!  Well of course you ain't gonna use it's translator.  ^__^
Just look how badly it translates from English to Spanish and vice versa,... and those languages have coexisted with eachother for centuries!  ^v^

Nah, I mean just pick out a generic phrase from sites like these:

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1343527

おå...ƒæ°— です か?  ^__^
oh ho, why not post in english?

C-Chan

Quotenah, its just a WWII British cruiser, from a WWII MMORPG. But I had just purchased it...;_;

Wait a sec,...... you mean you can actually BUY stuff of of online multiplayer games now?  '___';
Wow,... I've actually not played one of those in over seven years, so I hadn't realized how far they've evolved.  ^^;
Well not to worry,... I paid quite a hefty sum for a voice audio software app in Windows shortly before I switched to Linux.  And I can't reinstall it anywhere (Windows, Virtualbox, Wine) because of some weird licensing scheme with it.  After some lengthy complaints and a quick 'f**k you', I acquired a newer, better version through "alternative" means, but have not installed it at all since,... well,... I don't quite need it anymore.  ^_________^'

Yep, just like buying a game at full retail price, playing it once, then just letting it sit there collecting dust,... What a waste, but thankfully one that won't repeat itself ever again..... -v-

QuoteAnd the army cancelled the SU-27 purchase =/.

Well since they were Russian planes, you kinda knew from the start that the idea wouldn't exactly fly well with... you know.... neighbors.  ^^;

QuoteDuring the time, this year, I was in the SMN, they still used the G3 in most places.

GAAAAAAAAH?  >v<

Oh dear god, we are so screwed.  ^^'
Well think of it this way,... if you ever played Command and Conquer Generals, you can pretend to be Chinese riflemen.... in 2040!!  >v<

QuoteWell the skirt was shaded like that by accident . But since it reminded the look of the Vista taskbar, I left it like that

And the only problem with working a 75MB file it's saving, It takes like 30 seconds >_>

Okay, then it's settled!  ^__^

Cut! Print!  Pull out the cappucino!  ^.^

Quoteoh ho, why not post in english?

*cough cough hack hack wheeze wheeeeeeeez*  X__x

Why not just post in Spanish instead?  ^^;

*sigh*

I suppoooooooooooooooose it's okay to post a few words in English............ just as long as it's nice and simple and not particularly imposing........  -.-

We'd just have to have a purification ceremony for you when you return.  -__________-;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Wait a sec,...... you mean you can actually BUY stuff of of online multiplayer games now?  '___';
Wow,... I've actually not played one of those in over seven years, so I hadn't realized how far they've evolved.  ^^;
Well not to worry,... I paid quite a hefty sum for a voice audio software app in Windows shortly before I switched to Linux.  And I can't reinstall it anywhere (Windows, Virtualbox, Wine) because of some weird licensing scheme with it.  After some lengthy complaints and a quick 'f**k you', I acquired a newer, better version through "alternative" means, but have not installed it at all since,... well,... I don't quite need it anymore.  ^_________^'

Yep, just like buying a game at full retail price, playing it once, then just letting it sit there collecting dust,... What a waste, but thankfully one that won't repeat itself ever again..... -v-
Well, yes, you can actually buy in-game items with real money, but I meant "purchase" as in buying it with the in-game credits system (X credits by winning a battle) ^^'
I don't have the moneys (and I wouldn't waste it in MMORPG items anyway>_>)

But yeah, I have experienced that with a few games (not compatibility, I mean let them sit there collecting dust). Truly a waste of time when the program it's not up to one's expectations.

Well since they were Russian planes, you kinda knew from the start that the idea wouldn't exactly fly well with... you know.... neighbors.  ^^;
but they don't let us buy their F-16 ;_; (which are more expensive, and have the risk of suffering a replace-parts embargo...)

I'm not a fan of Russian hardware, but those were fine planes, at a nice price ;_;

QuoteDuring the time, this year, I was in the SMN, they still used the G3 in most places.

GAAAAAAAAH?  >v<

Oh dear god, we are so screwed.  ^^'
Well think of it this way,... if you ever played Command and Conquer Generals, you can pretend to be Chinese riflemen.... in 2040!!  >v<
lol

They never told us the name of the model, but it looks strikingly similar to the Springfield 1903 bolt-action rifle. But it was produced in 1946, in Mexico >_>

*cough cough hack hack wheeze wheeeeeeeez*  X__x

Why not just post in Spanish instead?  ^^;
¿Porque probablemente nadie entenderia? :D

C-Chan

My point exactly,.... ^__^

If they're not gonna understand you,...  let them not understand you,... IN STYLE!!!  ^__~

*plays jazz*

*high fives*

Darknight_88

b..but I already have the STYLE!!

NejinOniwa

Style can only be truly gained through a STYLUS DUEL!!!

*magically summons boxing ring around Darknight and C-Chan and two giant styluses*

ROCK ON!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

Aw hell, no way....

My threads are tangent havens, true, but this happens to NOT be my thread.....  ^___^'

So you guys duke it out until you get ban-hammered,...
I'll be over at my pub with the lovely Viru-sama and BeOS-chan if you need me.... -v-

*swaggers out of thread*

SleepyD

I saw this on devART at school today. ^^

hawt stuff. :3
Something looks out of balance with the legs, but it could just be me. ^^; Don't have much time to analyze it.... welp, back to physics homework!

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
nah, its just a WWII British cruiser, from a WWII MMORPG. But I had just purchased it...;_;
you don't happen to be playing navyfield are you?

Darknight_88

Quote from: "SleepyD"I saw this on devART at school today. ^^

hawt stuff. :3
Something looks out of balance with the legs, but it could just be me. ^^; Don't have much time to analyze it.... welp, back to physics homework!
>:3
Well, she's supposed to be crossing her legs (walking?). But since I never drew the legs due to lazyness (and they didn't fit in the piece of paper anyway), there may be some balance issues >_>

you don't happen to be playing navyfield are you?
I used to play Navyfield, until I started to live inside the campus and discovered that they block it, along every other online game. >=/
So I'll be playing again in december, when I return home. I miss my 1.5mb connection... =/

C-Chan

*swaggers back in*

Aha!!  Just came back from ++ and there's no doubt they love your Vistan.  So I suppose your gamble paid off, but I shouldn't have expected any less from ++ (they're actually NICE people, unlike they're western counterparts).  'v'

Unfortunately, good ol' Alfamille-san also happened to conscript my unfinished sketch, and with my name on it to boot.  So while I like him and thank him to bits,.................. I'm still gonna give him a beating for that... Fufufu..... -v-

*swaggers off*

Aurora Borealis

Great choice of Vistan (the magical girl one from ++) and so fantastically well-done, that is one of the best Vistan pictures ever! ;019

And you got it done way before you first expected too!