FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 01:16:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DustiiWolf

November 27, 2013, 09:57:41 pm #2040 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:54:55 pm by DustiiWolf
Quote from: Krizonar on November 27, 2013, 09:41:43 pm
I enjoy the tiles as buttons on her coat. The colors are also nice and appropriate, although I believe the rainbow in her eyes could be windows logo colors, it is acceptable as is.

She does seem a little too friendly to me though. Why is she looking at me like that..

N-not that I think a windows tan is nice, b-baka.


The rainbow eyes was inspired by the colored tiles eyes of Yu & Ai. However, i tried a more elegant execution with the gradient transition of colors. Its meant to represent her customizability and multiple color schemes.

And i figured windows phone-tan would be energetic and cheeky, as well as well dressed, but would fall flat in areas she's lacking in (representing the os' fun and bouncy interface and attention to app/ui design, but lack of things like a file chooser and unified notifications, etc...)




ADDITIONAL:

Character Sheet for Metra :)
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13


DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 27, 2013, 11:05:51 pm
Kyoka. I lol'd. xD


Thats where the bow came from. And in ways i see winphotan being similar. Just like Kyoko was awesome at making mangas and art, but fell short in thinking things through and was naive at times, i think wptan would be the same way, being really great at what she can do, but fall short in other things and have a sense of naivety.

I also see WPtan being good at photography, because lumia 1020.

What does everyone think of her? Im especially proud of the first image, despite its flaws
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Balrith

Looks promising, Dusti. I like the colors. They fit really well.

Suggestions:
She could use a few more detailing embellishments. Maybe add a few highlighting white or teal stripes to some areas. White stripes could help the white lapel stand out a little less, while also representing the white text. Also the bottom of the blazer and/or the skirt look a bit too simple and generic.

Lastly, I'm not sure how to implement this attractively, but WP8 looks like teal rectangles outlined with black. Maybe try making larger sections of WP8-tan's clothing teal.

Chocofreak13

I agree with balrith. Also, her hair and coat are pretty similar, so maybe lighten the hair just a smidge so it doesn't all blend together. :3

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 20, 2013, 02:05:16 pm
also, LOOK INTO THE FACE OF EVIL


Dammit, I thought I posted here back when you put these up. :( 

Anyway, I'm really digging the character and costume design here. gj! :D

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 28, 2013, 11:47:53 am
I agree with balrith. Also, her hair and coat are pretty similar, so maybe lighten the hair just a smidge so it doesn't all blend together. :3




Any better?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Krizonar

I was going to comment that her skirt could be alternating 'tiles' but decided against it. I see that has already been established by your own discretion, though.

Good work.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on November 28, 2013, 12:48:11 pm
Dammit, I thought I posted here back when you put these up. :( 

Anyway, I'm really digging the character and costume design here. gj! :D

ty. ^^
just so you know, the dark parts of their outfits are chocolate brown, and the light parts are cream-coloured. :3

Quote from: DustiiWolf on November 28, 2013, 08:16:51 pm
Any better?


much! : D

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Krizonar on November 28, 2013, 08:54:28 pm
I was going to comment that her skirt could be alternating 'tiles' but decided against it. I see that has already been established by your own discretion, though.

Good work.


Im contemplating whether i should backtrack that decision myself. It adds color, but at the same time, the skirt looks a tad off...

Anyways, thank you.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

well, they don't alternate, really, they're arranged into a pattern.

but maybe you could make them darker? or is that colour significant?

Krizonar

I believe the teal-blue color is representative of a color windows 8 uses often, though I of course have no experience of the exact color it would use.

And yes, I suppose they're not exactly alternating as there are two blacks between the teal-blues.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Krizonar on November 28, 2013, 10:06:23 pm
I believe the teal-blue color is representative of a color windows 8 uses often, though I of course have no experience of the exact color it would use.

And yes, I suppose they're not exactly alternating as there are two blacks between the teal-blues.


Exactly. I figured a pattern would be decent.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 28, 2013, 09:59:53 pm
well, they don't alternate, really, they're arranged into a pattern.

but maybe you could make them darker? or is that colour significant?


Good idea. A darker variant could work. I still Wonder if it would look good though. Perhaps the whole skirt should be a (darker) teal blue?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

if you're worried about it looking too dark, lighten the dark parts for a more unified look. :\

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 29, 2013, 04:40:33 pm
if you're worried about it looking too dark, lighten the dark parts for a more unified look. :\


I actually was worried about parts being too light. Im conflicted between making the outfit stand out and use more color, and having the outfit be more matching and elegant.

Anyways, here is Metra design v2:

Official -tans are my bat signal.