Bella's OS-tan Artwork Thread

Started by Bella, March 18, 2007, 03:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Lookit THAT, SAGE and FASTRAND-kun. >:D
I am assuming the age of the latter is roughly...28?
>:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Danke Doc-san! :D

Quote from: "Stew"I promise there will be no time travel, therefore Whirlwind-hime can't kill her.  Wait.

Sure :D  Though the Cheery Ivan ratio is a bit high; his usual expression is baleful acceptance.  FASTRAND-kun has appeared before, though not in uniform.  However, I remain pleased.

So to speak.  Hm, he does give off a Howl sort of vibe.

Gotta hit that ship with an Exocet.  No.

Sure.  Um, never really occurred to me before *shrug*

I know right!

Fun!

Damnit, I missed her the first two times I went through this picture.  EXEC-sama needz moar love.  No idea.

Thanks for explaining what MRDS was, I spent too much time reading about mineral records and file formats :|  Just a little.
What, no SABRE/BUIC comments?

Not unless SAGE makes Leopard-tan take her back to early 50s MIT and she runs afoul of Whirlwind, that is. D:

The Cheery Ivan, is that anything like the Crazy Ivan? (This reference will only make sense to people with knowledge of submarine maneuvers or viewers of Whale Wars). So he's the baleful type? More evidence of his Russian-ness! :V

Yeah, I drew FASTRAND-kun before... but that was when I still thought the unit was called "FASTRAN" and still hadn't found any information on the actual system because of it. >XD

YOU CANNOT HIT SAGEx728 WITH AN EXOCET, BECAUSE IT IS AN.... AIRSHIP! MU-MU-MUHAHAHAH~ *takes to the sky*

Ah... come to think of it though, not a lot of my hardware-kuns have schemes picked out either...

Two and a half tons, needed specially reinforced floors, lighted interior and very loud during operation, certainly one of the more exotic-sounding storage units I've read about.

EXEC and eCOS are two of the forgotten OS-tans.

Yeah, but MRDS-tan is one of Multics' followers so she better look sharp!

Not much to say about SABRE and BUIC, unfortunately. D:

Quote from: "Nejin 'Mr. Punny-Pun-Pun' Oniwa"I am assuming the age of the latter is roughly...28?
>:3

You slay me. Sounds about right though, I guess?

NejinOniwa

The Cheery Ivan, is that anything like the Crazy Ivan?

Well, at least we can be pretty sure it's nothing like Big Ivan. _W_

Bella

Mac OSX Leopard-tan~

This is a work-in-progress btw.

Aurora Borealis

Cuuuuuuute~! I like your take on her outfit, and the pose and expression are so playful!

Bella

MOAR LEOPARD-TAN!!!

Snow Leopard, <3 <3 <3

Aurora's Leopard-tan design~

A bit of semi-realism with one of my OCs...

http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zp3tn
http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zp46f
A REALLY confusing parody/homage/this-seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time of Stewart-san's SAGE diaries......... only using THOR-chan. Link'd cause it can only really be properly viewed in full-size. ._____.

Bella

More vintage doodles, circa spring 2010

Basically, a jumble of lil!Multics, CTSS and Whirlwind (and QED-kun) doodles. That kid on the bottom (horizontal) is lil!CTSS btw.

Aurora Borealis

Noooo! I can't see those latest doodles! Can you upload them to your gallery here?

The THOR-chan diaries are so cute! My favorite one is on the second page, THOR with CTSS. I didn't know that SAGE, THOR and CTSS are all sisters! And to think that it is little THOR-chan who is the oldest of the three!

The three of them being sisters means the three of them are relatives to Multics, Unix and her massive number of descendants! Their family tree continues to grow!

Bella

Quote from: "Aurora-sama"Noooo! I can't see those latest doodles! Can you upload them to your gallery here?

Fix'd:

QuoteThe THOR-chan diaries are so cute! My favorite one is on the second page, THOR with CTSS. I didn't know that SAGE, THOR and CTSS are all sisters! And to think that it is little THOR-chan who is the oldest of the three!

The three of them being sisters means the three of them are relatives to Multics, Unix and her massive number of descendants! Their family tree continues to grow!

Thank you so much! That's my favourite too. Yep, Stew established the  CTSS-SAGE connection awhile back; while they may not seem related, there is a real-life connection between CTSS and SAGE via the Whirlwind computer. Whirlwind influenced the AN/FSQ computer - on which SAGE ran - and the AN/FSQ influenced the IBM 7090 - on which CTSS ran (the 7090 has been called a solid-state AN/FSQ even). Whirlwind also heavily influenced the PDP-1 through the TX-1 project. Unsurprisingly, Whirlwind is the mother of all three in our OS-tan "canon".

THOR's actually the second oldest; SAGE was born in 1953 IIRC, THOR (who's really a representation of the PDP-1 computer and its eventual OS, THOR) was born in 1959 or '60, and CTSS was born in 1961.

Yes, the three of them have a huge family that continues to this day... as illustrated here....

Multics certainly influenced most modern OSes, Unix, Linux and OSX directly, and VMS and the Windows NT line indirectly; PDP-1 influenced the PDP line and a generation of minicomputers; and SAGE... well... she doesn't have much of an ancestry, but the internet may be partially her fault. xD

stewartsage

Yeah, I roughly placed SAGE's birth year at 1953 or so.

Quote from: "Bells"and SAGE... well... she doesn't have much of an ancestry, but the internet may be partially her fault. xD

And streaming video.

Bella

Quote from: "Stew"
Quote from: "Bells"and SAGE... well... she doesn't have much of an ancestry, but the internet may be partially her fault. xD

And streaming video.

So your telling me we wouldn't have the vast panoply of awesome footage that is YouTube w/o SAGE?

AND THERE ARE HEARTLESS BASTARDS THAT SAY THAT SYSTEM WAS USELESS! :V

stewartsage

Indeed, the radar picture from GFA's was transmitted over the telephone lines to control centers in roughly real time.  So, streaming video on the internet in 1959?  THIS IS MADNESS.

NejinOniwa

Aurora Borealis

Oops! I slipped up! I had forgotten what year SAGE debuted when I thought THOR was the oldest of the three! >_<

Bella

~MASSIVE DOODLEDROP AHEAD~

Instead of making new drawings, I shall dump a bunch of old ones I found sorting through some papers!

DINOSAUR RIDES FTW.

L-to-R: H-6180, GE 600, IBM 7090, QED-kun and CANDE-kun

HORY CRAP IT'S MY CONCEPT DOODLE FOR COLOSSUS-TAN. I really like Nej's murderous assasin-codebreaker concept better, the genki girl thing doesn't really fit her. >_____>

Also: some Cars fanart featuring Saturns. I like Saturns. .__.;

HURRRR SAGE x FASTRAND. Siiiiiiiiiiize difffffffffereeeeences~
Also, MCP-sama; CANDE-kun; stream-of-thought doodlings.

Dan Widmore Faraday in a hat; Ms. Annette Lennart (upsidedown); Multics, Geniac, Unix and that CDC-tan-whose-name-I-forget in some fanart of Stewart-san's super-obscure Gakuen OS-tan series. .w.

In no order - SAGE, FASTRAND, KRONOS, Emacs; Isra, Noor, Gavin, Caren, Lin, some girl with glasses, some guy who looks sort of sinister-like, something that looks like it could be a Keep On Truckin' parody.... but isn't.

Jumping on the Lost "Not Penny's Boat" Parody bandwagon

HURRR MULTICS-CHAN x CP/CMS YURI.

HURRRRRR EARLY SAGE x MULTICS-SAMA YURI. (Yes, I was shippin' them since 2009) D:

Wimmex x Mertvaya Ruka-tan