Bella's OS-tan Artwork Thread

Started by Bella, March 18, 2007, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

More vintage doodles, circa spring 2010

Basically, a jumble of lil!Multics, CTSS and Whirlwind (and QED-kun) doodles. That kid on the bottom (horizontal) is lil!CTSS btw.

Aurora Borealis

Noooo! I can't see those latest doodles! Can you upload them to your gallery here?

The THOR-chan diaries are so cute! My favorite one is on the second page, THOR with CTSS. I didn't know that SAGE, THOR and CTSS are all sisters! And to think that it is little THOR-chan who is the oldest of the three!

The three of them being sisters means the three of them are relatives to Multics, Unix and her massive number of descendants! Their family tree continues to grow!

Bella

Quote from: "Aurora-sama"Noooo! I can't see those latest doodles! Can you upload them to your gallery here?

Fix'd:

QuoteThe THOR-chan diaries are so cute! My favorite one is on the second page, THOR with CTSS. I didn't know that SAGE, THOR and CTSS are all sisters! And to think that it is little THOR-chan who is the oldest of the three!

The three of them being sisters means the three of them are relatives to Multics, Unix and her massive number of descendants! Their family tree continues to grow!

Thank you so much! That's my favourite too. Yep, Stew established the  CTSS-SAGE connection awhile back; while they may not seem related, there is a real-life connection between CTSS and SAGE via the Whirlwind computer. Whirlwind influenced the AN/FSQ computer - on which SAGE ran - and the AN/FSQ influenced the IBM 7090 - on which CTSS ran (the 7090 has been called a solid-state AN/FSQ even). Whirlwind also heavily influenced the PDP-1 through the TX-1 project. Unsurprisingly, Whirlwind is the mother of all three in our OS-tan "canon".

THOR's actually the second oldest; SAGE was born in 1953 IIRC, THOR (who's really a representation of the PDP-1 computer and its eventual OS, THOR) was born in 1959 or '60, and CTSS was born in 1961.

Yes, the three of them have a huge family that continues to this day... as illustrated here....

Multics certainly influenced most modern OSes, Unix, Linux and OSX directly, and VMS and the Windows NT line indirectly; PDP-1 influenced the PDP line and a generation of minicomputers; and SAGE... well... she doesn't have much of an ancestry, but the internet may be partially her fault. xD

stewartsage

Yeah, I roughly placed SAGE's birth year at 1953 or so.

Quote from: "Bells"and SAGE... well... she doesn't have much of an ancestry, but the internet may be partially her fault. xD

And streaming video.

Bella

Quote from: "Stew"
Quote from: "Bells"and SAGE... well... she doesn't have much of an ancestry, but the internet may be partially her fault. xD

And streaming video.

So your telling me we wouldn't have the vast panoply of awesome footage that is YouTube w/o SAGE?

AND THERE ARE HEARTLESS BASTARDS THAT SAY THAT SYSTEM WAS USELESS! :V

stewartsage

Indeed, the radar picture from GFA's was transmitted over the telephone lines to control centers in roughly real time.  So, streaming video on the internet in 1959?  THIS IS MADNESS.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

Oops! I slipped up! I had forgotten what year SAGE debuted when I thought THOR was the oldest of the three! >_<

Bella

~MASSIVE DOODLEDROP AHEAD~

Instead of making new drawings, I shall dump a bunch of old ones I found sorting through some papers!

DINOSAUR RIDES FTW.

L-to-R: H-6180, GE 600, IBM 7090, QED-kun and CANDE-kun

HORY CRAP IT'S MY CONCEPT DOODLE FOR COLOSSUS-TAN. I really like Nej's murderous assasin-codebreaker concept better, the genki girl thing doesn't really fit her. >_____>

Also: some Cars fanart featuring Saturns. I like Saturns. .__.;

HURRRR SAGE x FASTRAND. Siiiiiiiiiiize difffffffffereeeeences~
Also, MCP-sama; CANDE-kun; stream-of-thought doodlings.

Dan Widmore Faraday in a hat; Ms. Annette Lennart (upsidedown); Multics, Geniac, Unix and that CDC-tan-whose-name-I-forget in some fanart of Stewart-san's super-obscure Gakuen OS-tan series. .w.

In no order - SAGE, FASTRAND, KRONOS, Emacs; Isra, Noor, Gavin, Caren, Lin, some girl with glasses, some guy who looks sort of sinister-like, something that looks like it could be a Keep On Truckin' parody.... but isn't.

Jumping on the Lost "Not Penny's Boat" Parody bandwagon

HURRR MULTICS-CHAN x CP/CMS YURI.

HURRRRRR EARLY SAGE x MULTICS-SAMA YURI. (Yes, I was shippin' them since 2009) D:

Wimmex x Mertvaya Ruka-tan

Aurora Borealis

A stash of sketches? Awesome! :D

Awwww! I don't take shipping very seriously, but I like the pairings of Wimex x Ruka, and SAGE x FASTRAND, though I also like SAGE x Multics. Is is wrong for me to support rival ships like that? :P

Multics' reaction towards GENIAC-chan's cuteness is adorable in itself, and UNIX doing FANSERVICE?!?! Wouldn't she torture whoever suggested that to her?!

Even though the Genki Girl qualities don't fit Colossus, I still like your concept design of her.

stewartsage

Sketches hooray!

Which CDC-tan whose name you can't remember?  There are a lot of CDC-tans!  Also: I swear I'll put up the first part sometime, the one that definitely isn't languishing in the dead letter files.

Quote from: AuroraMultics' reaction towards GENIAC-chan's cuteness is adorable in itself, and UNIX doing FANSERVICE?!?! Wouldn't she torture whoever suggested that to her?!

That would be me, and it wasn't as bad as it would seem.

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on May 03, 2011, 11:21:40 PM
Awwww! I don't take shipping very seriously, but I like the pairings of Wimex x Ruka, and SAGE x FASTRAND, though I also like SAGE x Multics. Is is wrong for me to support rival ships like that? :P

Multics' reaction towards GENIAC-chan's cuteness is adorable in itself, and UNIX doing FANSERVICE?!?! Wouldn't she torture whoever suggested that to her?!

Even though the Genki Girl qualities don't fit Colossus, I still like your concept design of her.

It's not wrong at all to support "rival" ships... SAGExFASTRAND and SAGExMultics wouldn't have even been rivals, since they'd have occurred at completely different points in tim- *stabbed in face by unknown cinnabun-headed assailant*

Well, the story in question was set in a High School Alternate Universe.... so yeah....

Thanks. I like Nej's way better though.... ^^;

Quote from: stewartsage on May 04, 2011, 07:10:12 AM
Which CDC-tan whose name you can't remember?  There are a lot of CDC-tans!  Also: I swear I'll put up the first part sometime, the one that definitely isn't languishing in the dead letter files.

Quote from: AuroraMultics' reaction towards GENIAC-chan's cuteness is adorable in itself, and UNIX doing FANSERVICE?!?! Wouldn't she torture whoever suggested that to her?!

That would be me, and it wasn't as bad as it would seem.

I can't remember the name of the little blonde one who loves Multics - oh wait, I just remembered. It's NOS/VE. >__<;

Mmmmm, Unix torture.... D:

NejinOniwa

QuoteThanks. I like Nej's way better though.... ^^;
Am grateful -w-; As good and thought-out as my design may be, though, we have yet to see a depiction of it that isn't bloody awful. >__>

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa