Main Menu

OS-tan families

Started by Bella, March 16, 2007, 12:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I'm not the most knowledgeable person 'bout cr@pples, but I fink he just doesn't want to lower himself to their level. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Alfamille

Just bumping this topic rather than talking bout crap-related  ;062  ;043 ....Where are thou C? I have a quite interesting question above :)

C-Chan

Oh sorry, you know how this kinda thread gets buried easily.  -v-

Lesse....

Added after 8 minutes:

QuoteThere are Anonymous artist before that heavily suggested some "incest pairings" on an os-kun and os-tan being those two represent the same OS such as:

Fufu... that's not a question, just madness.... @v@

Let's move on to the next....

QuoteI'm not sure at the OSX-kuns either, but I would really like to suggest the idea of being "tribe" to them.

(a little off topic) C, do you remember the part in the Mac Manga where Sonata's chest got "inflated". One from the OSX -kuns have the guts to approached Sonata to say sorry and cheer her up and gave her a little present. Talk about generics! That means one of them is not like the other 4 rather he was just heavily influenced by his brothers.

I'm not sure if that's Puma-kun...all I know is one of 'em.

Well that's sorta a question, though it's not like my input would be valuable here.  A simple yes I remember is all I need (and that WAS a drop-dead funny scene).  ^.^

As for who it is....

Enee meenee minee moe....

Puma-kun it is!  ^.^

Quote1UP for ya!

(another off topic) Do you think that OS9-kun is not in the Mac Manga is because his character would be either quiet and stale or be glorified that it could overshadow the OSX-kuns? I really thought of OS9-kun being there as the one who handles their resources, be reliable and responsible and be a leader and has the control of the whole household.

I could really imagine if the author included him, he could be kicking those OSX-kuns' butts whenever they tried to do a preverted approach LOL! So therefore there would be no fanservice in that manga, so maybe thats why the author didn't include him there.

*chews up magic 1UP mushroom*

*high*

Ohhhh baby, I'm trippin'...!  @v@

In any event, the OSX girls aren't in the manga because they were likely drawn before the Mac Manga was started (and besides, the OSX-kuns and Mac-tan presumably take their place).  On the other hand, it's probable that OS9-kun was drawn before or during the Mac Manga, so to not include such an iconic character probably was a matter of personal preference.  Kinda like how I, if I had drawn my original Windows manga (the one I thought up way before I considered drawing my own OS-tans), I probably would've omitted all Windows-kuns except perhaps for Homeo-kun.  Personal preference and all.  -v-

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "C-Chan"Enee meenee minee moe....

o_o
OMFZ

Did C-Chan-senpai just randomly throw out a line from a random crappy pop song from like before 2005????????????
CAN'T FUKKEN BELIEVE IT!
I feel almost ashamed knowing the name of it, even. My otakudom has been stomped upon...by myself... *cries in the corner*

C-Chan

Dude, you seriously need another vacation.  ^__^;

NejinOniwa

Starts in just one more week. -w-

Added after 37 seconds:

long vacation is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: C-Chan
In addition, we have the following motherly candidates:

- Apple I to all the Apple-tans/Mac-tans
- Windows 1.0 to the non-NT branch of Windows.
- DR-DOS (formerly CP/M) to the x86 DOS-tans
- The original Berkeley Software Distribution to FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, etc....
- TripOS to Amiga
- Amiga to MorphOS and AROS
- Plan 9 to Inferno
- VMS to Windows NT (shhh, it's a secret...)
- Xenix to SCO UNIX
- OS/2 to,... oh, I spoke too much.  -v-'

Interestingly-enough, I can't decide on any maternal Linuces yet.  ^^'[/list]

TripOS? Not quite correct, but it matches the situation.

Actually TripOS was used only to enhance the AmigaOS with a keyboard-driven GUI and infact TripOS it is the parent of AmigaDOS, the command line interface of AmigaOS.

From TripOS come also the Filesystem of Amiga, and its methods to store files on removable media.

AmigaOS it is made of many modules, and TripOS based AmigaDOS it is just one piece of it all...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

Fufu... that makes Trip-san sound more like an "egg donor" then....  ^^'

You do realize of course that this will just add more drama to Miggy-san's already dramatic life.  The poor girl just can't get enough..... ^____^'

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fufu... that makes Trip-san sound more like an "egg donor" then....  ^^'

You do realize of course that this will just add more drama to Miggy-san's already dramatic life.  The poor girl just can't get enough..... ^____^'

Egg donor? Dunno...

Perhaps sorta teacher who learnt her to write (on a board with chalks), and how to store data?  ;020  ;001  ;hi

-----

Ah... Now I just remember about MacOS X...

A piece of NextStep...

Some flavour of Darwin KERNEL...

Two eggs and butter and mainly FreeBSD (the flour)...

Aqua GUI interface to replace Unix based X11 and XOrg interfaces that are really sloooow...

Add a new Mac HFS filesystem...

Change the names of the main directories to match original MacOS Classic...

Mix gently, put in oven for 30 minutes at 200 Celsius...

ET VOILA'!

MacOS X Gourmet Delicious Cake it is ready!

P.S.:

Add some Mac Parallels and/or Mac Exposé whipped cream to garnish that cake...  ;010
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

doddy

isn't Bill gates the farther of all the windows-tans?

I always thought that all the windows-tans where brother and sisters and the same with apple-tans.

And I always like to think of lindows being a step sister to windows.

C-Chan

QuotePerhaps sorta teacher who learnt her to write (on a board with chalks), and how to store data?    

Either way, Miggy-san is now left with really no viable mother figure anymore, so she really is an orphan in the truest sense.  

Raffaele-san,.. you're too cruel....  ^_____^

QuoteMacOS X Gourmet Delicious Cake it is ready!

I'll have me some of that! ^__^

QuoteAnd I always like to think of lindows being a step sister to windows.

If she were, she'd be the product of a failed fraternicide.  ^___^;
M$ HATED Lindows and probably hates Linspire too.  They much rather prefer distros like Xandros that suck up to them financially and fall for cheap patent threats.  -v-

Quoteisn't Bill gates the farther of all the windows-tans?

I always thought that all the windows-tans where brother and sisters and the same with apple-tans.

I'm not touching the thing with Bill, even with a 50ft pole.  ^^'

But as for as the Windows-tans go, even before we started adding mother figures left and right the original Troubled Windows artists depicted NT-tan as something of a mother figure.  So while everyone is treated as brother and sisters, already there were disruptions to that flow.

We added more just because a lot of the other OS-tans besides Windows and Macs follow less-than-clear lineages.  -v-
(Ever look at the UNIX family tree?  ^^;)

Someone like OS/2-tan is probably much more of a stepsister to the Windows-tans, even though she rightfully hates their guts.  -v-'

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuotePerhaps sorta teacher who learnt her to write (on a board with chalks), and how to store data?    

Either way, Miggy-san is now left with really no viable mother figure anymore, so she really is an orphan in the truest sense.  

Raffaele-san,.. you're too cruel....  ^_____^

GAH!  ;015

I wrote "learnt" instead than "taught"!  ;026

I must be blamed! I got an "F" in english this afternoon!

/He starts online TOEFL course to refresh his knowldege of english language...

[EDIT]

And perhaps it is not me being cruel. It is the world itself to be cruel...  ;020

[/EDIT]
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

C-Chan

Fufufu.... that depends,...

Is Amiga Inc. still at it with their stupid lawsuit?

If "Yes" Then

"World is Cruel"

Else

"Just Raffaele-san"  ^v^

End If.  

Fufufu... -v-

Bella

QuoteI always thought that all the windows-tans where brother and sisters and the same with apple-tans.

That's how a lot of people view it. I like the more complicated view where some are mothers, cousins, sisters, etc. Because, honestly, I can't see how the Windows NT based OS-tans (the XP-tans, 2k-tan) are even related to the non-NT OS-tans. NT-tan, as C-Chan said, is one of the few OS-tans depicted as a mother.

QuoteAnd I always like to think of lindows being a step sister to windows.

You know, when I first found out about OS-tans and started researching them, I thought Lindows-tan would be some sort of Windows-kun/Linux-tan child  ;140 Now it seems she's more of a Windows wannabe ;)

QuoteAh... Now I just remember about MacOS X...

I really do wonder who the OS X's momma is...I mean, the OS X-tans are about as closely related to the classic Macs as NT-tan is related to Windows 1.0-tan (IE: Not that close). Maybe BSD-tan or someone is the mother...?

Tsubashi

QuoteI really do wonder who the OS X's momma is ...Maybe BSD-tan or someone is the mother...?

It would be NeXTSTEP and Darwin. Yes I am aware that both are BSD derived, but they would be mandatory mediaries. I could have sworn we'd been over this before! ^-^
-Tsu