Main Menu

Window Vista

Started by time-time, February 28, 2007, 12:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

95Direct

Quote from: "Gummster"
Quote from: "Kami-Tux"Or get one for free!

Exactly!

But there seriusly are still people who use the older windows OS's for example the old work comp has windows 95 But it's not used any more, except if we want a few nostalgic moments
Thats the beauty of Virtualization. On VMware Workstation (or Player) I can run Windows 95 as a guest on an abstract virtual machine. All in Windows XP ;).

The Plus side is that I also can give help to people who are still on the older OSes.

AzN JoHn

Vista is horrible for gamers, 80% of the games out there wont run on Vista correctly and if they do run some of them take HEAVY performance loss, like in FEAR i had a loss of almost 50-80FPS from playing on XP to Vista (same system).  for anything other than gaming its an OK OS....i have the feeling Vista wont last long since they are going to release a new OS in the next 2 years anyway, it was just a hold over OS like 2K and ME was.... (part of me dies whenever i think of ME)  anyway Vista isn't that great of a OS, security is top notch but annoying as all hell, and if you turn it off what good is it to have it?  visually its nice but so is XP and you can get window blinds to change the look of windows.....oh well i guess its what people prefer...i know ill be sticking with XP for a long time....

CaptBrenden

on the game note tho... Halo 2 ONLY runs on vista
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Kami-Tux

KILL IT! WITH GLORIOUS FIRE FROM THE SKY!!!!

ALL GAMES SHOULD RUN ON THE GLORIOUS FREE/LIBRE/OPENSOURCE OSES!

on a more serious note...  isn't it produced by M$?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Yes, unfortunately. Since the Halo games are two (soon three) of the most awesome games ever...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Silentbob

As mentioned, my new rig will have a DX10 card, so getting around Vista for games is impossible.  But I'm going to have XP (and Linux) installed as well. For the sake of full compatibility.

CaptBrenden

QuoteKILL IT! WITH GLORIOUS FIRE FROM THE SKY!!!!

Fanatical cultist much?

Yes Halo is a Microsoft product.  It was originaly going to be a MAC product, but then microsoft bought it for the X-Box for a launch title (if not launch, pretty close too) and became one of the most awsome games of all time.  I cant think of any other game that could charge 100+ for a copy of the third game in the installment and people will still pay it (no fancy controller or anything.. tho its rumored that the legendary pack I speak of includes a 360 high def version of 1 and 2, on top of the bonus material and the master cheif helmet its stored in)

Anyhow, when the original halo came out for the X-box it took along time for the PC version to hit, heck it pretty much came out the same time as Halo 2 did for the x-box, but it was still a top seller.  People have waited a long time for halo 2 to hit the PC, we shall now see if it has the same sucsess.. tho i dont know how that will pan out with its vista exclusivity.  Either it will boost vista sales, or hurt its sales, or maybe a bit of bother.  Either way its further proof of microsoft desperatly pushing vista (tho like I said before, I have no problem with the system, but I admit the buisness tactics piss me off)

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
QuoteKILL IT! WITH GLORIOUS FIRE FROM THE SKY!!!!

Fanatical cultist much?

Me? nah! Not at all! In other news, I never exaggerate for the sake of humour or use sarcasm ever!

Maybe I also should add that I do not play 3d-games because they do not interest me. I don't under Linux and I didn't under Win95 when I had no idea about opensource.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Why that's just wicked.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kami-Tux

I do not like them for some reason... It was no fun to play them...I guess I am weird.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

CaptBrenden

leetmaster4004

Vista is crap, right off they assume youre stealing it (which is likley seeing as how much it costs). This makes it difficult to work with in an IT enviornment. Ive had times where I have to get a pirated version of XP cause the legal one had some stupid issue with it and microshaft said "too bad, buy it again". Vista is just worse. And really who needs so much hardware to show some pretty pictures. OS X and Linux do it without nearly as much hardware.

C-Chan

Well, they don't call you l33t master for nothing.  ^__^

I could probably put up with their bloated hardware requirements,... most of us have essentially been doing that for years.

But there comes a point where you just cease to fancy the idea of being treated like a criminal.  (Especially if they're going to dump $3 Windows in developing countries though you're being asked to pay 100x that amount,... one has to wonder who the real criminal is here.... -v-)

Course,... without Leopard to offer a contemporary Mac response to Vista, and with M$ promising to pull the plug on XP next year, guess it's up to my new friends and I to offer everyone another option.  ^___^

http://www.kubuntu.org/

Gummster

That is an option I like C-Chan, although I'm not really for KDE. I'm a GNOME man. www.ubuntu.com

Bella

Actually, I retract my earlier statement about getting Vista when I get a new computer; Hoping my current laptop will keep running, I'll probably wait until 2009/10 to get codename "Blackcomb". As for Halo 2, I do not play the game but I still think it's quite stupid of them to make it only for Vista, because only 12% of people say they plan on converting from XP to Vista. They're just trying to give the gamers a reason to convert.