[07/07/19] Kami-Tux's drawings [Newest OS-tan: Comic 5]

Started by Kami-Tux, February 26, 2007, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

QuoteWhat happen?
I don't see.

Did you try the link again? It worked for me, now.

@Kami-Tux:

Bravo-desu!!! You just get better and better! especially good work with the folds in the cloth!
-Tsu

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Laevatein

She looks quite motherly, especially with nicely designed yukata ^^  ;010

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Kami-Tux

Yeah... she represents the long tradition of BeOS (even though not the OS itself), which started in the good old pentium 1-days. So I wanted to give her a certain grace and  maturity.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Kami-Tux

May I present: Solaris-tan!

I used Aurora Borealis's design but made the colors more CDE-ish (yes, Solaris can use other GUIs as well, but I thought the typical CDE-colors would be recognizable)
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/SystemKarela/stuff/solaris-tan.png

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Sorry, wasn't around to see Haiku-tan.  Uber Kudos for the geisha-esque look, and yes she looks quite fair and mature.  ^^

Solaris-tan is a waitress I see serving Java -- and like I told Aurora, she reminds me WAY too much of Luna Inverse.  Uber-Powerful sorceress type working in a coffee shop, so stay off the lewd remarks when ordering your mocha.  ^^'

Since I'm approaching this with a clear Anime bias, I'd say your eyes are drawn very nicely and with considerable improvement,... -.-

Kami-Tux

Thank you. I am trying to use the parts of anime, with which I feel comfortable with.

At least the colors now have some form of meaning: the lilac is the background of every Solaris, I have seen so far, most likely default, the red is the color of titlebars and highlights in CDE and the grey is the coor of menues or the window background.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Kami-Tux

Eventually a new -tan:

I think it is clear whom I drew here isn't it? :>

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

Nice job with the Solaris-tan! Ehehehe... Solaris-tan's resemblance to Luna Inverse is purely coincedental! ^^;

*looks at new OS-tan, answers in the form of a Jeopardy question*

Who is "Red Flag-tan"? :D

Kami-Tux

Right, she is Red-Flag-Linux, a Chinese distro based on RedHat-Linux (just in case you only saw that on the thread-title).

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Aha!  There she be!  ^___^
And I was just wondering about her in fact, since it seemed like quite a while since we were all discussing her preconcept.  ^.^
To think she could end up being one of the most influential OSes in the world.  ^___^

BTW, did you draw the flag using the freehand pen tool?

Kami-Tux

No, I drew a rectangle, rotated it, turned it into a path, added nodes on the upper and lower side, created a wave-movement and then set a color gradient. I can send you the svg. I will not upload it publically until May however (sell in may and go away, you know? :) )

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Well, I think i sort of drew it the way you said it, but please check to see if that's how it was done.  ^__^

(in the attachment)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kami-Tux

I had twice as many points for the waves. Both for the extrema and for the turning points. Also, I did not see a gradient of color there. Might be my version of inkscape however...

I would add a flag myself but it seems not to accept my tarballs.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Oh right, didn't care much for the gradient, just the shape.  You know the sucker I am for efficiency, so the less nodes used the better (certainly memory-wise) .  ^v^