Main Menu

The Worst Names List

Started by Laevatein, February 25, 2007, 09:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

In the article I linked to, the first two names had me going "WTF?!", I confess that the 5th one made me chuckle and the 10th one made me facepalm.

Seriously. Selling your name to get paid to change your name to that of a website or business? That's just desperate, and kinda scary. It reminds me of "Idiocracy", in which everyone in the 26th century is named after a food brand name or such.

For the record, an acquaintance of my family got a daughter, upon being asked what he thought the baby should be named, their 5-year old son proposed "Windows 98 Joystick"...
;088 ;088 ;088

In the end, she was named something normal and boring, but since WE got ear to it, the story's been going around ^^

Yeah! Don't let them live it down! Something like that is just too funny to forget! :D

Too bad about the normal name though.

NejinOniwa

Yeah, well, WE won't forget...and the 'net certainly isn't going to, either >:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Anonymous remembers looooooooong time... ;006
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

As long a time as Longcat is looooooooooooong...

Aurora Borealis

And on top of that, Anonymous is legion, with many people to spread the lulz around!

Smokey

And we have a new terrible name for our kiddies..... Anonymous...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

That's not terrible, that's just the new millennium's John Doe.

Aurora Borealis

It'd be terrible because actually being named 'Anonymous' defeats the purpose of being Anonymous!

NejinOniwa

Quote- State your name, please.
- I am Anonymous.
- BLATANT CENSORING please.
- No srsly, I am Anonymous! Anonymous James Johnson, it's my name!
- WTFLOL
Something like that, huh...
-.-;

Aurora Borealis

I had to edit your post, Nejin. You've been warned not to use THOSE kind of words.

Aside from that, your scenario accurately illustrates the danger of being named Anonymous!

NejinOniwa

While we're at it...

The Statistical Central Bureau of Sweden has this wonderful Name Search tool, with indexing on the entire populace. <3
http://www.scb.se/Pages/NameSearch____259432.aspx

Let's play with it a bit, and see what comes up.

No matches for Anonym or Anonymous, sadly, but well, that's to expect. HUNT ON ~

Smokey

Heh, LOL... see it's a nice name ;006
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

OH! Goldmine. Lists of the names of all newborn females and males between '98 and '08. GO GET

Added after 29 seconds:

Apparently there's 1 woman named Lol. Oh, lol!

Smokey

imma gonna name me kid "OMG"
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Although the meaning's different, there are 24 people with the surname Fag.

No comments needed.

Added after 58 seconds:

And in addition to that, 1 poor guy who has Bög (slang for homo) as his first name. That's just scary.