Main Menu

Conventions!!

Started by rdhdtwns, February 15, 2007, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdhdtwns

What conventions does everyone attend? I live in the midwest USA, so I'm mostly in the Ohio/Kentucky con scene. The cons I'm attending this year are~

Daigacon (Bowling Green, KY)
Anime Punch! (Columbus, OH)
Anime Central (Chicago, IL)
Colossalcon (Cleveland, OH)
Otakon (Baltimore, MD)
Tsubasacon (Huntington, WV)
Sugoicon (Cincinnati, OH .. also my personal fav <3)

Anyone from the board going to any of these? I'm staff at Anime Punch!, and doing work for Tsubasacon and Sugoicon, and possssibly Anime Central.
I'm not dragging XP-tan anywhere this year ^^; but if someone else from the board goes, find me!
So cute it\'s deadly!

NewYinzer

I have often considered going to an animecon, but I've been too busy. Are any of those in the summer? I know a couple of guys who might want to go. I have often thought what it would be like to meet someone from the forum at a con...

rdhdtwns

Totally guessing by your name to distinguish your location, you'd probably be good getting to Otakon, location wise :) It is in the summer, and it's the largest con on the East Coast (24,000+ last year, wooo!)

www.otakon.com <3
So cute it\'s deadly!

NewYinzer

Hmm...indeed. Meditate on this, I must.

C-Chan

I'm sorry, Codi-san.  ;__;

Usually I attend Anime North in Canada, and Anime Central and Youmacon in the US.  But this year I'm afraid I'll have to pass on all of them, due to business needs.  ;__;

I'll be sure to compensate you for your complete lack of C-chan-ness, though.  ^__^

Maybe some more 25 cent postcards of my OS-tans.  ^v^'

Myrdin

I like conventions, but there's never enough time to attend many. Usually I'm only able to reserve time-off for Comic-Con in San Diego. To make up for lost time I'll spend the whole week there.

Last year was amazing. About 120,000 people made it into the convention hall. I was quite surprised to find some military acquaintences and weapons manufacturers hawking chibi figurines. They had a plate carrier and M4 stashed under their table.

A couple of my friends dress up as hunters on safari to go to some furry convention(don't remember the name).

Now, technical conventions... I go to too many of those.

CaptBrenden

none in washington waaahhhhh >_<
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Xyanide

I go to conventions but rarely, i'm going to my first animecon this year, i hope they've got some good OS-tan merchendise laying around!

Other than that I went to a few gaming conventions, a couple electronics conventions, that's about it.

Thurosis

I would like to come but there are some problems  ;018

- I live in Germany
- I have never been in America
- I don't have the money because I spent a lot (a large amount) for the animation/drawing equipments -.-"

- My english isn't the best....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Xyanide

thurisis...dude there ARE anime conventions in germany

i just googled "anime messe" for you (that's german for "anime convention")

look what i found instantly!

http://www.manganet.de/7053.jsp

it's ok you don't have to thank me ;)

NejinOniwa

I have been thinking of going to Akon in texas, since i know some people there. That will not happen this year at least, though, since I'm not really a person prone to spontaneous overseas trips or skipping my studies. Maybe next year though...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Assimilator

I usually only attend one con a year.

Nan-Desu-Kan in Denver.  It is the nearest con I know of so I don't have to leave the state. :)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for humans are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Dorktron2006

went to my first otakon last year, going again this year with more people and i might actually cosplay

Alex Stankevitch

Ill go to any in the UK, but I need to find one and get the money for it :P

SleepyD

dude, Alex, welcome back! ^^

I'm going to AX for my third year. :3
Going to see the SOS-dan there. X3

I'd like to go to Sakuracon and Otakon one of these days... I MIGHT go to Anime LA this January. I'd like to experience a small con.  cuz AX is HUEG.