Favorite genre of gaming

Started by Spysweeper, February 09, 2007, 10:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Internetspawn999

I actually like em all but for the most part fighting and action.

xonomech

ALL, unlike SPORTS and CARS.
----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----

Smokey

Quote from: "Silentbob"I like a good action FPS as well, F.E.A.R is the my favourite one of the most recent.

Well...I have one thing to say to such a post.....

YEAH!!!! F.E.A.R. F****** RULEZZZ!!!!

Sorry, but its the first game E-VER to keep me on the edge and creeped out time after time after time... (sadly Resident:Evil becomes predictable)

Anywayz. The genres/ games I like

*Sim [Sims2 for the designing of the houses only :D - Simcity4 + Rush hour, cuz it's serene and allows for Macro- and micromanagement]

*FPS [Like F.E.A.R. and Battlefield 2142 ( I dreamed of PWNING a battlefield in a huge mech since I saw the titan in TibSun) or tactical ones like Rainbow Six: Vegas (finally I can peek and shoot blindly from behind a wall :D:D:D)]

*RTS [C&C (TibSun is the best, I spent hours customizing that one) and warzone 2100 or Supreme Commander ( I like to build up an enourmous base and force to waltz over my opponents, and I think that rushers are impatient cocks that are worthless if they were to play a game as long as I do, 1-2 hours per match.)]

*Flightsims [MS FLightsimX (good for reading a book and one of the few products MS made thats actually good :D )]

Plus any ol' flash-game thats funny...

Added after 5 minutes:

Plus Dune2... I forgot Dune2... the Grandaddy of all RTS-es  ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

wahdegreat

Daren

i like strategy and Rpg games. Or even a mixture of the two.

Rulix

RandiNinja

I like all genre as long as the game are worth playing.

Does visual novel counted to game?? I like to play it alot too.

Requiem

QuoteDoes visual novel counted to game?? I like to play it alot too.
Yes,i think it can be considered as a game.

For me,I like RPG and strategy(turn-based)
And,i also like to play Visual Novels,usually the one with mini-games inside

raidspirit

action/adventure, tactics game like disgaea, rpg, and yeah, some visual novel...or some called eroge game...=P

Aurora Borealis

My favorite genre is arcade games, since they're all-action and have a near-infinite replay value without things like plot, and long cutscenes getting in the way.

Truth be told, I usually don't play a game for a story or character development, but for the action and gameplay!

IanDanKilmaster

Fighting games are my favorite genre, whether 2D or 3D, but the ol' classic 2D sprites will always hold a special place in my heart.

I also love platformers and shooters (I prefer third-person for single player and first-person for multiplayer).  I like RPGs, but I've started to shun turn-based for more actionized fare.  I enjoy arcade games as well, mostly shoot 'em ups, but I don't mind a story.  In fact, aside from arcade-style games, I'll rarely settle for a game that doesn't have some sort of story to draw me in.  I find games lacking in plot to be rather disinvolving and dry - I complained a good deal about this when discussing Half-Life in another thread.  A good story can actually get me to tolerate certain faults in gameplay that'd otherwise be deal-breakers for me, eroge probably falls under this clause (of course, very rarely does eroge have a good story).  I like certain racing games, in fact, it was my favorite genre for awhile, but I rarely play them anymore.  I don't really care for sports games, but I'll play basketball games as I'm pretty good at them.  I've actually considered giving soccer (football, for the sake of our European members) games a try, but I don't know anyone who owns a game (I live in the south, 'mmmkay?).  Pardon, this is much longer than it should be for a discussion of game genres... so please
enjoy this!

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Strategy/RPG/Danmaku/Shooters, I'd think...

...and I do quite suck at Danmaku, but you just need to take some time remembering all the damn patterns. _W_
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

Shooting things, oh and blowing things up is fun too.

Bella

I like strategy games, racing games... and ones with cute characters too. xD

Xeon

Hmm I enjoy every genre really as long as it peaks my interest but If I do have a soft spot for some genres.

RTS:Tactically crashing an airborn experimental weapon on an turtling enemy defenses to make a path my units can pass through makes me giggle like a deranged school girl ^__^ in Supreme Commander. Sure seeing my massive army swarming them *American Conquest* is fun too but it's all about the tactics.

Simulation: I play a lot of these games really like The Sims,Sim City,Catz/Dogz,anno1402 but my all time favorite simulation game has to be the guild series. Theirs just something special about kidnapping all the rival city officials just so I'll have no competition on the next election, European Politics at it's finest I dare say.

Visual Novels: I just like the story nuff said *Pics don't hurt though*

Action: I'll play any action game that looks cool like no more heroes or games with more substance/unique like Dead Rising. You know It's a magical moment when your doing a spinning lariat in a dress wearing a servbot helmet in a tunnel filled with zombies as Frank West. He's covered wars yah know??.

RPG: I just enjoy managing the stats/skill of my party really. Cool spells/move don't hurt though.... And a good story although rare. Games like Super Robot Wars and Ar Tonelico surprisingly I have no interest in the Final Fantasy series *I say it should end already*.

Rhythm/SHMUP: I just love seeing bullets/Notes flying all over the screen and depending on the genre I'll either have to dodge or hit them. People say I look possess when I play DJMax or any of the tohou series. Both of these genres will always have a special place in my heart ;3.

Mehh but really I'll play any games that peak my interest.

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.