Main Menu

comic books

Started by Spysweeper, January 29, 2007, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrdin

That picture makes no sense to me.

The skydoll series was good. Everything about it was original.

CaptBrenden

I have quite a large stack of the Aliens and Predator comics sitting somewhere. and a few starwars ones too.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Spysweeper

Quote from: "Q4(V)"yes I like comic, Spidy, Shi, Lady Death, Purgatori, Onslaught, Witchblade, Hulk, X-men a lot more can't remember them all

Marvel
Chaos! Comics
Crusade

so you like comic books eh lets talk.

Laevatein

Here is a blatant example of Marvel copying a design from anime, specifically Gundam:

That machine Iron Man is using is a direct rip-off of the GP03 Dendrobium from Gundam 0083 ^^;;;;

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zjhentohlauedy

hulk looks like daguro ani from yuyu! o_o
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

-_- well what else can they do to compeat?  It seems to me I can find more manga in the US then normal comics books most of the time.  Might be worth checking out the statistics tho..

Laevatein

I beg to differ... sure, there's lots of manga in various bookstores there, but good ole' comicbooks still reign supreme ^^;

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

Oh yes, but you have to go to a comic book shop to get them usualy.  There you can find even underground comics if you know a good store.. but the places average people frequent, like book stores.. most of the ones i go to have cut their comic books to one measely rotating rack for current ones, and a single shelf for the compliation graphic novels.. as where manga tends to have its own section.   I see the same sort of trend for the popularity of american animation vs anime..

IanDanKilmaster

I like comics, but I definitely prefer the older ones.  I know something about this was mentioned earlier, but I just wanted to point out that I think this "lack of originality" is especially common in comic books today.  I say that because I think I've seen more innovative television shows than heard about or read about innovative comics as of late.  The whole "Ultimate" schtick with Marvel has pretty much pissed me off.  Of course, I suppose my perspective is kind of narrow-minded given that I'm a bit of Marvel-loyalist (when it comes to comics, that is).  Anyway, I found a whole shitload of my dad's old comics when I moved a few months ago... great stuff.  The original Secret Wars kick ass.

The Choice of a New Generation.

zjhentohlauedy

i just saw the cover of "marvel zombies" i think, and they're gonna be fighting with ash from army of darkness..
I'm gonna be reading that one. hehe
zombie ass kicking is fun, with chainsaws!!

IanDanKilmaster

At first I thought that "Marvel Zombies" was really really bad idea, but now I'm not so sure... ASH?!  Now I might just check this out...

The Choice of a New Generation.

zjhentohlauedy

yeah, thats the word that got my attention.
the second one was ZOMBIE....
the talk of zombies in the resident evil thread started to fill my mind with dead rotting images... ;258

Q4(V)

Quote from: "Spysweeper"so you like comic books eh lets talk.

Right well, what are you reading now and what do you think about it? I am reading the Civil war for marvel and reborn Onslaught,  the current story from Switchblade top cow, Lady Death lost soul too need to get issues #1 for that I got #2 and I been getting a lot of back issues of Shi just reading way of the warrior and year of the dragon.

The marvel Civil war was ok but I wished to it end a little better, I would have thought more character would have been killed off in the last fight and the art I was ok with, the Onslaught reborn has just started so nay much having in that. Always a big fan of Lady Death and Shi story and art are always good for me loll.

Sorry Iââ,¬â,,¢m a little late to reply

CaptBrenden

Hummm.. a zombie comic huh?? Might actually have to check that out. I got a bunch of the resident evil comics when they came out, as well as the adaptations for dawn of the dead and the like.  mmmm zombies