Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Okey-dokey, you now have my blessing to discuss discuss all you want.  ^__^

Very much agreement on AKA.  ^v^

Probably better to create a Proposed Height page later on in the Wiki's life.  

Reason is,... while some of those stats were assessed based on a double-blind sample set of drawings (e.g., using a 152cm ME-tan as a primer), the majority are either from my own (or Aurora's) characters, or were pulled from a particular orifice....  Ã,­Ã,¬vÃ,­Ã,¬

SleepyD

riiight, yeah you can keep that data to yourself. XD;

It's a good art reference, tho.

The question is, where should the "Also known as:" section be placed?
First, perhaps?

C-Chan

/Cchan likes first.  ^__^

SleepyD

yush, I shall implement that.

Just a note, this hasn't been finalized, so until we all agree that the infobox is the best it can be, it shall remain at 3.1-tan's page for testing purposes.

btw, is 3.1 tan known by any other name?

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Tsubashi

QuoteJust add "align = whatever" into the first Class line

Duh! That makes more sense. Thanks C-chan.

QuoteAnd I changed both the date format to what SleepyD suggested, as well as the actual release date of 3.1-tan. Despite major differences between 3.0 and 3.1, it's more practical to assume she's still the same OS.

Sumi masen! I didn't realizes 3.1-tan represented both 3.0 and 3.1. Should have been obvious though, I've never seen a 3.0-tan...

Glad we've resolved the date format!

Quotebtw, is 3.1 tan known by any other name?

Other than what C-chan has already listed in the annex (and what CaptBrenden said, I suppose), I've never heard 3.1-tan called anything else... though it wouldn't be the first if I were wrong
-Tsu

C-Chan

Very cute link, btw.  ^__^
Tuesday -tans.... ^v^

http://darkdiamond.net/index.php?tag=os-tans

...once I draw some more, I wonder if he wouldn't mind creating an article on Amiga-san.  ^__^

QuoteJust a note, this hasn't been finalized, so until we all agree that the infobox is the best it can be, it shall remain at 3.1-tan's page for testing purposes.

Agreed.  That sounds responsible.  ^___^

Quotebtw, is 3.1 tan known by any other name?

Aside from "3.1-sama" and "Goddess"?  ^v^

Hmmm,............................................ not really.  -v-'

Quotethe goddess @.@

Right on queue.... -v-

QuoteDuh! That makes more sense. Thanks C-chan.

You're welcome, and self-inflicted Duh's are outlawed, btw.  ^v^
The beauty of collaborative work is that we all allow one another to help eachother out.  ^___^

QuoteSumi masen! I didn't realizes 3.1-tan represented both 3.0 and 3.1. Should have been obvious though, I've never seen a 3.0-tan...

The closest thing to an alternative release 3.x-tan is Aurora's 3.2-tan (the Chinese version).
Other than that, nope, no 3.0-tan.  ^^

And that's good, cause that way, especially in my second micro-OVA, I can depict Windows 3.0 as simply a younger, cute-as-a-button version of 3.11-sama.  ^___^

No DOSkitty yet, but certainly would make it obvious that she wants a cat.  ^v^

QuoteGlad we've resolved the date format!

SleepyD's suggestion makes perfect sense.  ^__^
Conversely, we could've just stuck with MMMM DD YYYY, but DD MMMM YYYY is rarely used so I'm all for trying something different.  ^.^

QuoteOther than what C-chan has already listed in the annex (and what CaptBrenden said, I suppose), I've never heard 3.1-tan called anything else... though it wouldn't be the first if I were wrong

If we had a bit more sway, we could probably market a new nickname for her.  ^^

But at this point, we're just reporting what's currently out there....  ^____^;

SleepyD

right then. ^^ Shall I leave it alone?

Ah, right, I'm not exactly sure where to put the Tuesday-tans link. It does, however explain the status of Vista pretty well, I think.  

Oh, I posted a link up there with links to other personifications:
http://www.gijinka.org/blog/

I find Citrus-tans quite amusing. ^^
http://www.akihabara.ne.jp/sudachi/

C-Chan

Quoteright then. ^^ Shall I leave it alone?

You mean her nickname?  Might as well,.. not sure if they'd get the reference to 3.1-sama.  -v-'

QuoteAh, right, I'm not exactly sure where to put the Tuesday-tans link. It does, however explain the status of Vista pretty well, I think.

Given their emerging popularity, I'd venture to create a new section entitled "OS-tan Blogs".  You never know when another one might pop up.  ^__^

Quotehttp://www.gijinka.org/blog/

See, there's another one!  ^v^

QuoteI find Citrus-tans quite amusing. ^^
http://www.akihabara.ne.jp/sudachi/

Oh dear GAWD, I thought I saw everything with Spiderman-tan.  ^^;

Lime-tan is cute, but I say Lime from 'Saber Marionette' predates her!  ^v^

Tsubashi

QuoteYou're welcome, and self-inflicted Duh's are outlawed, btw. ^v^

Oh, oops! Didn't see that rule...

QuoteIf we had a bit more sway, we could probably market a new nickname for her. ^^

We could probably could if we just put it on the wiki anyway seeing as our wiki has a better findability / comprehensive-ness than most any of the others (except for wikipedia)

Anyway, speaking of wikipedia, I created a Wikipe-tan page and avi (though not quite up to par with C-chan's). I decided to use the new "infobox" template, cause it look good, and I realized that we're probably going to need to adjust the "OS Represented" boxes for Non OS tans, and omit "Latest Stable Release." Right now the wikipe-tan page still says "OS represented."

Also, it seems we have duplicate pages:

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/TrendMicro
and
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Trend_Micro

I recommend the first one for deletion, since it's not linked to
-Tsu

C-Chan

Your Wikipe-tan avi is actually very good, but given how similar it is to the one I made here (even using the same Wikipe image), you could've saved yourself the extra work.  ^^;

http://ostan-collections.net/post-13746.html#13746

But oh well, moving along.  -v-'

For the non-OS-tans, it would simply be a matter of creating another template with different wording.  I can probably try doing that later, since I have to learn how to create templates eventually.  ^^;

And I'll go ahead and get rid of TrendMicro then.  -v-

Tsubashi

Oh, well I feel sheepish -v-
I'll replace that eventually, I'm a little busy right now

Quoteit would simply be a matter of creating another template with different wording.

Right, I was just wondering if we were going to make a separate one for each category (e.g. App-tans, Game Console-tans, Hardware-tans, etc.) or make a general "Non-OS tans" Template
-Tsu

C-Chan

QuoteOh, well I feel sheepish -v-
I'll replace that eventually, I'm a little busy right now

I award you 500 points for not bowing apologetically.  ^_~

In any case, now I'm really starting to wonder if perhaps we should agree to that framed 100x100 avatar style as being the standard.

That way, we can produce a really nice (and VERY colorful) page featuring all the avatars in one orderly tapestry.  ^___^

QuoteRight, I was just wondering if we were going to make a separate one for each category (e.g. App-tans, Game Console-tans, Hardware-tans, etc.) or make a general "Non-OS tans" Template

To that I say "why not?".  The more diversified we are, the more expansive and relevant our Wiki will become.  ^___^

I'm gonna go ahead and test run at least two new categories tonight and see how that goes.  ^^

Added after 30 minutes:

Oh BTW, I added you to the "Our Artists" list cause,...

A)  I was in it and am not an artist.  ^^

and

B)  I expanded the list to included collagers, which you undeniably are.  `v'

Also spruced it up a bit.  ^___^

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Our_Artists

Now I just have to ask NewYinzer if he remembers where this page is being linked from.  Otherwise, we have to make it more visible.  -v-

Tsubashi

QuoteI added you to the "Our Artists" list

I just noticed the update on the RSS and was about to come post objections on the grounds that I haven't drawn anything (I only looked at the page title).

QuoteI expanded the list to included collagers, which you undeniably are.

I suppose by technical definition, but comparatively, my small amount of work really doesn't qualify me to be put in the same category as all the others.

QuoteI was in it and am not an artist. ^^
QuoteArtist: (n) a person whose creative work shows sensitivity and imagination

Hmm... seems like you fit the description to me ^-^
-Tsu

C-Chan

Technically-speaking, I am a Numismatist that allots enough time -- and has enough creative will -- to forge things that look like drawings.  Not necessarily self-derogatory, as there's a certain sense of pride in knowing that my techniques are primarily self-taught.  I never formally trained in carpentry or agriculture either, but I've tried both through the same systematic means and am not that shabby at them in my opinion.  -v-

But as far as you being on the list, I'm glad you at least agree to be on the list as a collager.  ^__^

Otherwise, I would've said there weren't gonna be any Ifs, Ands or Buts about it.  ^v^

Fufufu.... ^.^

Anyway, as far as the standard wiki avatars go, I've redesigned the -kun pics to follow that same 100x100 standard format:

Added after 5 minutes:

I rather like the idea of this standard format, for the reasons mentioned earlier.  ^__^

However, while Tsubashi-san already has a template, some of you might want to create avi's of your own.  In which case, I'm making the template I use officially GNU.  ^.^

I've relabled the layers to be a little self-explanatory, but if you have any questions please drop me a line.  -v-

Enjoy!  ^v^

Added after 55 seconds:

Oh, and if you like, maybe I can add this to the Downloads section...  -v-

[attachment deleted by admin]