Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

Quote from: "C-Chan"(And while you're at it, I guess try and get a bit more of just Komepo's head and chest)

Maybe I just interpreted this wrong?

Anyway, anyone is free to take anything I'm working on and improve it, any time. Please!

Good luck on the gallery page!
-Tsu

C-Chan

FYI, just posted a shot-load of stuff in the Ubuntu article.  Thanks to NewYinzer for starting it,... helped motivate me to read a little more about the "Betty Boop" version of her.  ^__^

Also created an avi....

Oh right, gotta work on that gallery.  ^^;

*trots back to Wiki*

Aurora Borealis

Nice job! I am quite curious as to what will be added to all the Linux distro-tans' wiki articles because most their personalities are kinda unknown.

Tsubashi

Okay. Here is, what I hope to be, a better Komepo avi!

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I am quite curious as to what will be added to all the Linux distro-tans' wiki articles

Good question! What are we going to do?

Quote from: "C-Chan"FYI, just posted a shot-load of stuff in the Ubuntu article.

Woah! That's Great! now all we need is to bring the rest of the wiki up to that level!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Wow, ain't seen a more colorful wiki page ever....  -v-;

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Avatar_Gallery

Still needs sorting, but I'm pooped for the day.  ^^;
Just noticed that we will need to rework 2k-tans and Sonata-san's avatars, since they follow a completely different format.  ^^;

I can probably handle that tomorrow.  -.-

QuoteOkay. Here is, what I hope to be, a better Komepo avi!

AWWW YEAAAAAH!!!!!  ^V^
Methinks the new proportions make her look cuter and sexier.  ^__^
Thumbs up, Tsubashi-san!  Alright soldier, let's load 'em up!  ^>^

QuoteGood question! What are we going to do?

QuoteWoah! That's Great! now all we need is to bring the rest of the wiki up to that level!

Slowly but surely, my friend.  That article ate quite a bit of time to write and research actually (time I wanted to use to draw), so we definitely won't get all the articles like that anytime soon.  ^^;

Neither Rome nor Constantinople were built in a day.  -v-'

In any case, don't worry so much about the Linux distros cause I'll probably agree to handle those.  Feel free to create starter pages, though, since that's what got me motivated with Ubuntu-tan.

I probably won't be touching the Windows and misc characters, though, so you guys have more than enough to keep you occupied as well.  ^v^

Added after 2 minutes:

QuoteNice job! I am quite curious as to what will be added to all the Linux distro-tans' wiki articles because most their personalities are kinda unknown.

/Cchan thinks that question disguises the one about "What are you gonna write about for SUSE, Mandriva, RedHat and Fedora?"  ^.^
Dontcha worry, Aurora-sama.  You know I'll take good care of your -tans. ^v^

SleepyD

heh, you guys have been busy.

Any support for a History of OS-tan Collections article?
...and any ideas?

Tsubashi

That sounds like a great Idea SleepyD! Unfortunately, I suppose I wouldn't be much help, seeing as I'm rather new. -v-

Maybe we can PM some of the older members like Darknight_88, CaptBrenden, Pitkin, or Q4(V) to name a few...

In fact, I think I shall do it whether we make the article or not. I'd like to know that kind of stuff!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Heck, if there's a Futaba article already, there shouldn't be reason why we can't have an "OS-tan Collections" article  `v'

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

QuoteNice job! I am quite curious as to what will be added to all the Linux distro-tans' wiki articles because most their personalities are kinda unknown.

/Cchan thinks that question disguises the one about "What are you gonna write about for SUSE, Mandriva, RedHat and Fedora?"  ^.^
Dontcha worry, Aurora-sama.  You know I'll take good care of your -tans. ^v^

Actually, not really! I'm curious about about what all the Linux-tans will be like, mentioned in the wiki because not a lot about any of them is really known, as opposed to the common characters so a lot of guesswork will probably be needed to make good articles. But things will be figured out somehow! ^^

C-Chan

In that case, I'll follow the old axiom....  -v-

"A picture's worth a thousand words."  ^___^

Besides, if personality or backstory is lacking, your best bet is to simply set your primary focus on physical descriptions, coupled with a little dash of information regarding the real OS.

Tsubashi

Ugh, I am sooo dead right now... X_X
That test was FOREVER long

Anyway, sorry that it took me so long to actually do anything, and sorry again for the low quality work. I've stated my excuses, now to improve.

First, the graphic I uploaded needs to be cleaned up. I couldn't find a good sized one, so I embellished a 25X25 pic I had lying around.

Second, the article probably needs to be checked for consistency and fluidity. After some 150 questions about the english language, I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is incomprehensible.

QuoteI hereby proclaim that I'm gonna draw a FreeBSD-tan to end all FreeBSD-tans!!!!!!

I can't wait! You may not consider yourself an artist, yet you turn out amazing. uh, "Sculptures?"

Anyway, Best of Luck!

Later:

Oh yeah! I probably ought to mention that I'm talking about the MSN Messenger page...
Should have said that before! -v-
*Bows Apologetically*
-Tsu

zerodin

Yay! The more Tans the better!

Tsubashi

Agreed, but the wiki also requires quality and accuracy, neither of which I produce readily. -_-
-Tsu

C-Chan

*konks Tsubashi's head with paper fan*

In any case, kudos for adding MSN messenger.  I figured all that red would give us the incentive to turn them blue....  ^__^

BTW, in my next edit, methinks I'm gonna split up the OSX-tans into the different releases.  Any ideas you have on the matter, please let me know before I start.  Feel free to preempt a couple of stubs too.  -v-

Tsubashi

Itai!
*Rubs sore spot on head*

QuoteI figured all that red would give us the incentive to turn them blue.... ^__^

So true! That was a spark of genius on your part.

Quotemethinks I'm gonna split up the OSX-tans into the different releases

I think this has been brought up before. The only problem I foresee is that we have relative little info now, and spreading it across all the OS X-tans will either be very repetitive, or filled with technical info. Doubtless though, you have a plan. I'm sure you'll pull it off!

Later:

What do you think about this for the Safari avi?
-Tsu