Let's Talk Anime/Manga

Started by L33t 4g3nt, April 28, 2005, 12:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panda

its just more people (in the US) are like that, devote their lives to one anime/manga series and just obseess about it and they loss contact with the real world.

or they watch what ever is on the telly and think its "cool" (cheap, bad animation, and story, also writen for 5 year olds).

NewYinzer

Quoteits just more people (in the US) are like that, devote their lives to one anime/manga series and just obseess about it and they loss contact with the real world.

or they watch what ever is on the telly and think its "cool" (cheap, bad animation, and story, also writen for 5 year olds).

You can't help but pity hikikomori. Not me though. I have many other interests.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "panda"its just more people (in the US) are like that, devote their lives to one anime/manga series and just obseess about it and they loss contact with the real world.

well panda, I agree with you. It's not good to obsess with anime (or anything else...), it's good to go out with your friends are things like that, not become enclosed in an imaginary world.
Many anime series have bad animation today, but sometimes you can put that aside if they have a good plot (if it isn't, there's no reason to watch it then). In rare ocasions, a series have both good animation and good plot, but it isn't really common =/.

And looks like I have watched a lot of series since the last time I posted in this thread >.> . But I don't expect to keep it at that pace, I'm starting to slow down  ;013

hikikomori? IT'S A CONSPIRATION!!!!!!

panda

I don't watch much, just a little CowBoy Bebop, and alittle Ghost in the Shell, but only afew episodes.

Darknight_88

From what I heard, those 2 are great series...but I just haven't been able to get to see them. A friend of mine have Cowboy Bebop, but I haven't been able to request it...and GITS...don't know If it can still be downloaded (Not sure if its licensed in Mexico, and haven't checked for torrents anyway...few chances that it gets transmited on TV)

NewYinzer

QuoteFrom what I heard, those 2 are great series...but I just haven't been able to get to see them. A friend of mine have Cowboy Bebop, but I haven't been able to request it...and GITS...don't know If it can still be downloaded (Not sure if its licensed in Mexico, and haven't checked for torrents anyway...few chances that it gets transmited on TV)

Once I get some time, I should probably watch those too.
Post 121:
Passed up Agelu,
Gonna pass up FabianN next

SleepyD

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Quote from: "panda"its just more people (in the US) are like that, devote their lives to one anime/manga series and just obseess about it and they loss contact with the real world.

well panda, I agree with you. It's not good to obsess with anime (or anything else...), it's good to go out with your friends are things like that, not become enclosed in an imaginary world.
Many anime series have bad animation today, but sometimes you can put that aside if they have a good plot (if it isn't, there's no reason to watch it then). In rare ocasions, a series have both good animation and good plot, but it isn't really common =/.

And looks like I have watched a lot of series since the last time I posted in this thread >.> . But I don't expect to keep it at that pace, I'm starting to slow down  ;013

hikikomori? IT'S A CONSPIRATION!!!!!!

Agreed. despite my long list of anime, I do manage to go out with friends every now and then. Anyway, I think I'm the only one out of two in my group of friends that watch fansubs. hah

Admittedly, I am an introverted guy.  I think I make other people uncomfortable by my quietness... I just don't know what to say.... I'm one of those people that can continue a conversation, but never start it. People that know me do see a more talkitive side of me...

I think I'm getting off topic. lol

Let's get on topic.
hmm... hikikomori?  They have an ongoing anime series about that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_NHK

NewYinzer

QuoteAdmittedly, I am an introverted guy. I think I make other people uncomfortable by my quietness... I just don't know what to say.... I'm one of those people that can continue a conversation, but never start it. People that know me do see a more talkitive side of me...

Hehe...me too.

SleepyD

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
WOW. I haven't seen that much anime. The only manga I have a penchant for are Net Characters. Years ago I loved Pokemon. Now my collection of cards is located on a bookshelf...somewhere.

I remember those!  And I remember the time I figured out how to play it.  Which was after I got over the pokémon thing. ^^; Makes me wonder where I put mine.

NewYinzer

When I look back at Pokemon, I think, "Wow. I spent a huge amount of money on the cards and video games. I hope that I can sell those in twenty years". Now, you can buy tons of cards for very little money, so my stuff is worth nothing.

Alex Stankevitch

Im not a hikikomori, i do get out quick a bit and play football (soccer). Though im the only one in my family and maybe even street who watch's alot of fansubs. Though my sister is quite a good anime artist and is borrowing Momoiro Sisters off me at the moment, and probably another when she gets back.

Apart from anime I also do alot of Flight Simulator work and play Battlefield 2. Sometimes im doing the buses on Midtown Madness 2 aswell.

Mainly my anime hours are built up in bed as I encode them for my PSP and watch them before I sleep.

Example of work:

NewYinzer

QuoteIm not a hikikomori,
Nor am I. I love aviation, science, computers, world affairs, etc. This summer, due to several problems, I have had to live a summer mostly at home. However, I do enjoy time outside and with a circle of friends. BTW, very nice livery for the 757 I see there.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Alex Stankevitch"Im not a hikikomori, i do get out quick a bit and play football (soccer). Though im the only one in my family and maybe even street who watch's alot of fansubs. Though my sister is quite a good anime artist and is borrowing Momoiro Sisters off me at the moment, and probably another when she gets back.

I doubt people here are hikikomori. ^^ Seems we have stuff in common. While my sisters and I are the only ones who watch a lot of fansubs, we seem to have "converted" a few of our numerous cousins. hehe  And my sisters are anime artists too! they have devART accounts too!
I'm too lazy to type the links out.  Thier usernames are pompi and cotton-keyk

Quote from: "Alex Stankevitch"Apart from anime I also do alot of Flight Simulator work and play Battlefield 2. Sometimes im doing the buses on Midtown Madness 2 aswell.

Mainly my anime hours are built up in bed as I encode them for my PSP and watch them before I sleep.

Niiice. I'm majoring in aerospace engineering.  Just started last week.  Seems there's quite a few people here with an interest in aviation.

Alex Stankevitch

If its Aviation, mainly commercial, im really interested in it and aspire to become a Pilot in the future but I have been looking at Aerospace Engineering.

Maybe we can talk in a year or so when I leave compulsory education and have my options...

Oh, oh oh.

While im here I have to show you something I put together for the Alliance im in on a game called Airline Empires:

Merit goes to the person who guesses the anime series.

NewYinzer

Airline Empires? Never played it. But I love Airline 5:
www.airlinesimulation.com

As for the anime, I have no idea whatsoever. But I feel like I've seen it before...

As for my future, I hope to challenge the new market of spaceplanes and space tourism.