Let's Talk Anime/Manga

Started by L33t 4g3nt, April 28, 2005, 12:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

Interesting game...

Not much into business tho... Personally, I'm into designing planes.  Although... my ideas are far from original. And I don't have the knowledge or software to do anything with my ideas at the moment. ^^;

I should learn to fly... I mean, why design the things if I can't fly them?

hah... sorry, dunno the girls.  I'll leave it for someone else to answer

Alex Stankevitch

Quote from: "SleepyD"And I don't have the knowledge or software to do anything with my ideas at the moment. ^^;

You have a brain, pen and paper dont you?

Anyways, ive never managed to understand Airline 5/6. The only thing I know is that all the planes on the website are from Flight Simulator.

And for Airline Empires, its here: http://www.airlineempires.net
Id say you might as well wait for the next reset as its pretty hard to start in the game now, ive already got 21 Saab 2000s and am ordering Airbus A319s.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "SleepyD"

I should learn to fly... I mean, why design the things if I can't fly them?

hah... sorry, dunno the girls.  I'll leave it for someone else to answer

dunno, maybe just for watch 'em fly? I mean, I'm sure that the engineers who designed the Space Shuttle never flew it. But they're surely proud of their creation (and I'm sure that all of us are going to miss the shuttle, now that it's going to be replaced by the Orion in 2014...)

I'm currently trying to decide what to study: Nanotechnology Engineering, Aeronautics engineering, and Physics (that way I can work at something related with aerospace).

And the girls in the image are from To Heart 2 (H game, and I think its now an anime). Never played the game, but it's not uncommon to find them on the Internet, specially Tamaki.

SleepyD

I knew it was an Hgame or visual novel of some sort.

art style is good. ^^

Alex Stankevitch

Quote from: "Darknight_88"And the girls in the image are from To Heart 2 (H game, and I think its now an anime). Never played the game, but it's not uncommon to find them on the Internet, specially Tamaki.

BINGO, present for the winner, ive never played the H game but have found images of it on www.boyis.com, along with a couple of OS-tan ones.

The anime though is something else, its soo simple and normal (as normal as an anime would be without it being boring) but its soo enjoyable and interesting.

NewYinzer

Anime version, eh? Aerospace engineering degree, eh? Bingo, eh?
*swoons, falls over*

EggWhites

FLCL- Seen it all and it roxers my boxers, but i havnt read the manga
Exel-saga- Seen it all, and its so funny, and i've read sum of the manga
Evangelion- I've seen all of it, even the movies. Its currently my favorite anime. I dont know if theres a manga for it, but i'm gonna asume there is...
Chobits- Seen the show ad read the manga. All because of my friend Cassie... CURSE YOU!!!!
naruto- I've seen them all... all 199 episodes. I actualy watch episode 1-100 in one sitting. Two days of nutting but drinking monster and watching naruto... as well as the acasional bathroom break. It was a bet i had made with a friend. My eyes still sting to this very day.
Uhhh.... Thats it i think...

Alex Stankevitch

Quote from: "EggWhites"I actualy watch episode 1-100 in one sitting. Two days of nutting but drinking monster and watching naruto...

Anime doesnt half attract some nutters doesnt it. Well as long as you dont kill yourself from watching too much. I max on 3-4 hours in bed.

BTW new avatar and sig everyone...

CaptBrenden

QuoteQuote from : EggWhites

FLCL- Seen it all and it roxers my boxers, but i havnt read the manga
Exel-saga- Seen it all, and its so funny, and i've read sum of the manga
Evangelion- I've seen all of it, even the movies. Its currently my favorite anime. I dont know if theres a manga for it, but i'm gonna asume there is...
Chobits- Seen the show ad read the manga. All because of my friend Cassie... CURSE YOU!!!!
naruto- I've seen them all... all 199 episodes. I actualy watch episode 1-100 in one sitting. Two days of nutting but drinking monster and watching naruto... as well as the acasional bathroom break. It was a bet i had made with a friend. My eyes still sting to this very day.
Uhhh.... Thats it i think...

Well of course there is a manga for Evangelion, damn near ever anime ever produced has a manga, CUS THE MANGA COMES FIRST!!  >_<  thats how the companys pick series that would sell well,  from the mangas that appear in damn near every magazine and newspaper over there.  Manga and anime is a intrigle part of their society.  as for Evangelion,  read the damn manga!  Everything that never made sence about the anime will make sence when you read the manga, cus they cut out peices of the mangas story that explained it.  For example, when unit one breaks free of its armor and becomes aware, to becontinued, and then magicly its in the cage... WTF right?  well there is a whole seen in the manga that explained that but they never showed it!  Alot of things are different in the manga too, better if you ask me.  Like when unit one was taken over the dummy plug and tore apart unit4 injuring his friend and he had a hissy fit in the eva and refused to come out?  In the manga, he didnt just injure his friend, he KILLED him.  so enraged by that, he actually made good his thread and activated unit one Inside of the cage and began to tear apart NERV HQ before they knocked him out the way they did.   hell, and he didnt just quit,  he jumped over the desk and nearly knocked his father out before kaji stopped him.   Shinji in the manga isnt a wimp like he is in the anime.  Unfortunatly to fit a 26 ep show they had to cut something.. and make it more PG...  As exited as I was about the eva movie, i guess its good it didnt happen cus they would have had to cut even more, or they would have rewritten it and basteredized the whole thing
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

yeah, manga can get away with more things...

however, I do like the FLCL anime better than the manga.  The only case I can think of at the moment....

CaptBrenden

The manga was about as confusing as the show if not worse -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

brougeXP22

The FLCL manga was total garbage. Honestly GAINEX doesn't have any good anime-inspired manga  ;014

Ultimaninja

seemed to me that the manga tried to make a completely different plot from the anime...

But episode 5 of the anime had the best western-style gun fighting + most sexual references in all of the anime.

And the ending song Ride on shooting Star...Perfect...

BTW, have the Evangelion movie...
alot better then the series...if it's ok with you I'll tell you next post when I get everyone's consent to tell...

brougeXP22

i've seen the movie and i own the box set. EVA is my fav. anime of all time besides sailor moon *looks around* what? it was the first anime i ever saw.... Most people say the movie sucks, and i think those people are morons.

Thurosis

^^

My Favourite Animes are:

Rozen Maiden (träumend & Overtüre)
Love Hina (Again)
Magister Negi Magi (The Manga is better in my Opinion)

Negima (This is Magister Negi Magi too, but this one is from another Studio and the Quality how it was drawn is much better!)

Sakura Wars
Hellsing (OVA)

By the way my style (how i draw) is similar to those from Ken Akamatsu^^ (for 1 and half year) but now i created an own style (i hope that's my own ^^")
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!